[Resolved]  HIGHLAND HOLIDAY RESORTS — PROMISES MADE TO BE BROKEN

Accommodation not being provided on the pretext that accommodation is full. Always customer service department and personnel are replying contrary to the promises made during marketing of the package. All points explained while marketing package seem to be unreal and false.

R. Sridhar - Pune.

Comments

Yes, i do agree with the comment and i have experienced the similar way in other holiday resorts scheme. While making member, their marketing people gives very high promises ut in reality when need arises for holiday plan, either booking not available even if requested approx 30-45 days in advance and sometime the room given are of so low quality, one cannot feel like staying with family..some holiday resorts totally disappear after few years or handed over / sold to some other group and the new owner donot give good treatment to old members..
I would suggest people in general, donot go for such member ship, they promises moon.. even if you calculate yearly portion (for longterm membership) + interest on membership fees + annual aminity fees, etc..it is not worth taking up membership..it is better to travel on own, which will cost lesser comparitively and anytime during the year..peak - non peak season...

We are also BIGGEST victims of this fraud that has duped me for 25K inApril' 2010. We have also gone through same process like asking three questions then declaring as winner and asked us to visit their office along with my wife and explained about their packages for 1 hour by some trained MBA students. Then we took the membership for 5 years and they have asked us to pay through credit cards then convert the same amount into EMIs we will refund the interest charged by the bank .

We did the same and produced the Credit card statements after converting the so called amount to EMIs to this fraud company. Then the really story get begun. They started arguing that they would refund only 7% of the total amount. I had to fight, abuse and threaten for amost a month month and
finally after that I received the Cheque.

The Sales rep also informed me that in case I want to go out on a holiday and if I call in for a booking 15 days before my journey date I shall get a confirmed booking, which is not at all true. I had to travel to Lonavala and Mahabaleshwar on 28th may and 1st june respectively, I called them and asked to do the bookings for the same. The reply i received was all the bookings are full.

The sales rep told me that over and above the membership charges I had to pay some utitity charges to which I asked her "What if I do not use the utilities? Will I still have to pay the charges?" she said no... Later When I tried booking the resort I was informed that thos were manditory charges. So I asked what are the Utility charges... she informed me that for Domestic its Rs 500 per day for 4 persons in thier own resorts and Rs. 650 in affiliated resorts... again this proved to be false information as the lonavala resort which is their own... I was informed that I had to pay Rs 1000 as utilty charges per day and in Mahabaleshwar I had o pay Rs 3000 per day.Hence I did not utlise their services.

This is the first company I have seen where the Head office does not have any information about their branch offices but the branch offices have all the information about all the other branch offices... And is the also great to hear that Highland Holiday Homes was barred from doing any business by Sebi for 5 years beacuase of a fraud.

Heres the link to that :-- http://www.sebi.gov.in/satorders/Highland.html

I am trying to cancel the membership but as per their dirty terms & conditions it’s not been cancelled. Guys why dont we come together and file a case againt Highland Holidays in the Consumer court.

Jayesh Rathod