[Resolved]  Honda City 1.5 S MT I VTEC — OIL SUMP ASSY REPLACED

Sir
My Honda City CH04M2969, (CH 23(T)9348) purchased on 27 feb 09 from Joshi Automotives Chandigarh has run just 3800 km. Last week I had to replace the oil sump assembly as it was leaking. I feel that this should not have happened. Most of my friends advised me against buying the new Honda City because of its low ground clearance, but I have always admired a Honda vehicle. I am now disillusioned and feel that this is a quality problem which should be addressed. I had to was billed for 14,838 by Sundaram Honda, Ranigunj Secunderabad, while the insurance covered only part of it and I had to pay 5348/-. I would like a refund of the money spent by me for no fault of mine. I am an Army Officer and have spent a major portion of my earnings to buy this car. If it is going to recurrently give me such problems at exorbitant maintenance costs, I might as well dispose it
I would also like to address some the reasons that you may give:-
(a) Warranty Issue: I have an Exclusive HondaCare Program registration Booklet No 038681 effective from 26 Feb 09. Sundaram Honda informed me that it is not a warranty issue. I still do not see what the warranty will cover. If so then it is a quality issue.
(b) Rash driving: My car is not driven rashly. I have been driving in India for 20 years and I can say that my driving habits are better than most people in this country. I am in the army and have driven vehicles in extremely bad terrain without problems.
I would appreciate if you can look into the matter and refund me the value of repairs done in this regard. Brand name Honda is well known and I would assume that customer satisfaction should be on your top priority list considering that Honda is serving an elite segment in India. I expect that by escalating this issue to all of you would help in expediting this case and providing resolution on timely basis otherwise I would be forced to take up this issue with consumer redressal forum as well as media. just wishing that this message is heard and some action done by HONDA to safeguard the goodwill of HONDA.
Thanks My Nos are [protected], [protected],[protected],[protected]
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

The subject incident further confirms the high handedness of the company.I am also planning to purchase a Honda City 1.5 SMT against the advice of many owners of the same type of car having problem of ground clearance, but after reading the comment am having second thoughts.Such issues should be given wide publicity to sensitise the customers and the company should be penalised to prevent recurrence of such incidents.