[Resolved]  IRCTC Canteen And Stalls — Exorbitant product rates

On 05/06/09 along with my whole family were returing back to kolkata from our summer north east trip, while in njp station were went to purchase food product from the irctc stall, there we founds the stall owner were selling all the products about 15% rate higher then the mrp printed rate, when we visited other irctc stalls housed at the same station we found the were also bluntly selling the product in same exorbitant rates, most the irctc stall are selling tea, coffie and other items in lesser quantity then prescribed by railways moreover i usually finds that the irctc stall are often selling products in higher rate then printed mrp rate almost all over india, which is very unfortunate, regrettable and matter of shame for railways authorities as this illegal, and offence activities can not be possible unless encouraged and patronized by few railways and railway police authorities.
If the responsible railway authorities do not take immediate step in this regard no body will buy the irctc canteen or stalls.
Aug 13, 2020

Comments

Even i faced the same thing in chennai station.all the food items are beend sold at higher rates than MRP and the taste and quality is very poor. even the water bottles are sold at 5 rs more than MRP. when i question he answers rudely.its better to take a parcel from outside hotel instead of buying from these correpted irctc canteens. actually action should be taken by the passengers also. passengers should stop buying from these canteens.
ON 05/06/09 ALONG WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY WERE RETURING BACK TO KOLKATA FROM OUR SUMMER NORTH EAST TRIP, WHILE IN NJP STATION WERE WENT TO PURCHASE FOOD PRODUCT FROM THE IRCTC STALL, THERE WE FOUNDS THE STALL OWNER WERE SELLING ALL THE PRODUCTS ABOUT 15% RATE HIGHER THEN THE MRP PRINTED RATE, WHEN WE VISITED OTHER IRCTC STALLS HOUSED AT THE SAME STATION WE FOUND THE WERE ALSO BLUNTLY SELLING THE PRODUCT IN SAME EXORBITANT RATES, MOST THE IRCTC STALL ARE SELLING TEA, COFFIE AND OTHER ITEMS IN LESSER QUANTITY THEN PRESCRIBED BY RAILWAYS MOREOVER I USUALLY FINDS THAT THE IRCTC STALL ARE OFTEN SELLING PRODUCTS IN HIGHER RATE THEN PRINTED MRP RATE ALMOST ALL OVER INDIA, WHICH IS VERY UNFORTUNATE, REGRETTABLE AND MATTER OF SHAME FOR RAILWAYS AUTHORITIES AS THIS ILLEGAL, AND OFFENCE ACTIVITIES CAN NOT BE POSSIBLE ENCOURAGED AND PATRONIZED BY FEW RAILWAYS AND RAILWAY POLICE AUTHORITIES.
IF THE RESPONSIBLE RAILWAY AUTHORITIES DO NOT TAKE IMMEDIATE STEP IN THIS REGARD NO BODY WILL BUY THE IRCTC CANTEEN OR STALLS
How to approved my product in IRCTC please send detail about product approved.
I manufacture flavoured popcorn and Kurkure the the product name is Magicon.

irctc's food stalls at stations — selling food items at higher rates than the printed m.r.p.

sir
this is to inform you that the irctc food stalls and caterers at the stations are selling the food items at the price above the printed m.r.p.and they so no response when asked why they are doing so...
therefore i request you to please take some strong action against them.
Good Evening I had some tough timing in my life while travelling to calicut via Erode to my suprise the Price list prescribed by the IRCTC is no placed in the appropriate place which is easy to visible in addition to that they are chargning 2 to 3 Rs. Excess that the MRP that too for coll drings stating it as for chillness they are charging separately which is not included in the list like that. Will the authorities take necessary steps to ensure whether the public is affording the same as per the price list. The above observation is happening in Salem Junction and in Erode Junction Kindly pass an urgent circular and conduct some suprise checks often to avoid such problems in the upcoming days.
Expecting an earlier solution in almost all the stations.
regards
Ganesh

IRCTC — food products and other

IRCTC stalls are charging 5 to 10 rupees more than MRP. Take some kind of action, or else it will create a bad impression.

irctc stall — higher rates

On[protected] at 1715 hrs i bought a 7up fountain which was displayed as rs 10 but waiter has charged me rs15 at stall no 32 of platform no 4 of bhubaneswar station near r p f office. After i asked the waiter of the rates he mishaved with me and asked me to do whatever i like. Please change the display rates or take action against the worker within 24 hrs. Otherwise i have to go to other higher authority for judgement. A stall is visited averagely by 3000 passengers that means their commision is rs15000 in beverages other things are kept aside. My e - mail id is rk. [protected]@rediffmail.com
On dated 27.03.11.I am coming from muzaffarpur to AnandVihar through Saptkaranti superfast train.in this train canteen services charges is so high.I take night dinner veg.& pay Rs 50/-.but pantry car give me 2 chapati, daal.rice, vegatable only.but quaility is so poor.Please cheack pantry car service.

Mohsin
Hello sir,
First of all accept our heartiest congratulations on the opening of the one Canteen for the employees at safdarjung airport.35. It is a matter of great pride that we are developing fast . I wish for the successful running of the same.
Being a student of the food&nutrition it is a great pleasure to have an oppertunity to learn and know about the food making process and the food catering services in India.
I, therefore request the kind authority to allow me to have a working on the food processing and catering services as it is as a syllabus to me.
I am pursuing M Sc. ( Food and Nutrition) from Lady Irwin College, New Delhi. I would like to pursue a DISSERTATION in your canteen regarding food practices, food handling and safety. Sir I want to know whom to contact for the permission in this regard.
Pl. help me and guide me to complete my study material for the betterment of my career.

THANKING YOU and anticipating your valued reply.

WITH KIND REGARDS!!!
ANUSHKA KAPOOR
M.Sc (FOOD AND NUTRITION)
LADY IRWIN COLLEGE, NEW DELHI

in chennai railway station janta food stall they never give sambar and chatiny to buy pongal. while we asked you have to buy vada also they we provided all. due to vada one they will charge and earn more money.

please take action to them

only pongal how can eat ?????????????????????????????????????????

Complaint categoryCategory: Food