[Resolved]  Jingle Zone Animations (P) Ltd. — Harassment By The Shopkeeper

On 28 January 2009, I had purchased a "Logitech - Clearchat Headset Premium (with integerated Microphone)" product from the below mentioned shop at Nehru Place, New Delhi.

Jingle Zone Animations (P) Ltd.
G3 Ashok Bhavan 93,
Nehru Place,
New Delhi
Phone - +[protected]
Email - [protected]@hotmail.com

The product was priced at Rs. 675 / -, which I paid by cash to the shopkeeper who in turn gave me the proper bill. The invoice number of the bill is - 14045.

At my home when I tested the product, I found that only right side speaker was working & the left side speaker did not work at all. To state more clearly, the sound was coming from only the right side speaker & no sound was coming from left side speaker.
At this time, I read the user's manual that was supplied with the product & again tested the product, but again found out the same malfunction.
To this point, I decided to visit the shop & have the product replaced.
But this absolutely RUDE, ARROGANT, IGNORANT shopkeeper, just wouldn't listen.
He just said that - "It's not the retailer's responsibility if the product malfunctions. Go to the manufacturer. I will not help you.".
I had to come all the way from Gurgaon, sweeping some 40-45 KMs, all to find that the retailer I trusted upon is a HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE CITIZEN of the REPUBLIC OF INDIA.
Now, my complaint is that - if I purchase a product from a retailer, & the product malfunctions, why is the customer been harassed & given the trouble of following up with the manufacturer. Is it not the responsibility of the retailer to take care of such small issues (even bigger ones for that matter).
And what if the product is directly imported & the manufacturer resides overseas ?
If the way that shopkeeper behaved & argued is justified both ethically & legally, then what for the retailers exist ? Why don't people just approach the manufacturer & buy things directly.
If there exists a proper legal trade channel between the Manufacturer, the Retailer, & the end Customer, & we as customers are supposed to follow that channel, then why the retailers refuse the address customer complaints. As an analogy to this, if I buy a car & discover a problem the very next day of my purchase of the car, should I approach the dealer who sold me car or should I just ring up the car manufacturer - I guess in real / practical world, I would, without any second thought or doubt, approach the dealer who sold the car to me - & I am 100% sure that the dealer is responsible for resolving my issues.

As a extremely hurt & troubled common man in India who happens to be a customer to Jingle Zone Animations (P) Ltd. on 29 January 2009, I am completely distressed at the state of affairs.

Please help.

Gaurav Sharma
+91 - [protected]
Gurgaon, Haryana

Comments

I agree, this shopkeeper is very rude & not responsible at all. Even I have suffered harassment due to his uncivilized behavior.
please punish him, whoever has the power / authority to do so.
This is insane. It's violation of consumer rights. Forget ethics, this man doesn't even have etiquette.
Stop buying things from Nehru Place. I'm might as well assuming that all other vendors also would be of the same class of manner less humans.
i find about 70% of shopkeepers there are like this i worked for a month there at my uncles shop and i have quite experience of there, the will be very sweet and humble when you are buying the product buy even next day they will treat you like you are a piece of garbage many shopkeepers are even rude while buying a product there if you ask any detail which they do not know they will say lena hai to lo warna jao yaha se

Complaint categoryCategory: Other