[Resolved]  Kauvery Silk Mysore — Delivery of substandard wooden painting

I had visited NI Kauvery Silk & Handicrafts Emporium (#3149, Dawood Khan St, Five light Circle, Lashkar Mohalla, MYSORE -1) on 14 Dec 09 and had seen a beautiful wooden painting (beeding) with Elephants in the Design. I had ordered an exact replica of this wooden painting - Bill No. 3713 dated 14 Dec 2008 for Rs. 4, 500 plus postage Rs. 500. Before booking this order the Store supervisor had assured us that my painting would be of exact same design, texture and quality. I took a copy of the painting for my record.

This painting was delivered to me at my home Hyderabad on 15 Jan 09. To my horror, I found that this painting did not match the original painting and was very shoddy, with a vast difference in quality/ texture of the woods used. The painting was very ugly and was not worthy of being hung at any home.

I complained to the store supervisor/ manager Farhan and sent him photograph of the original and the replica (received by me). Farhan agreed that the replica was really bad and informed me that he will talk to the owner/ manager and get the wooden painting replaced with an exact replica (from the trace copy). Despite repeated calls and reminders, NI Kauvery Silks Mysore has not replaced the painting nor given me a refund. NI Kauvery Silks Mysore have cheated me by sending me a cheap and substandard painting instead of the good quality painting which I ordered.

I request all readers not to buy anything from NI Kauvery Silk & Handicrafts Emporium as they are cheats and swindlers.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

This shop in Mysore has tied up with autos and taxis drivers to rip off tourists of their money. This is not the original Cauvery handicrafts shop in Mysore that is run by Karnataka state government. Their sales representative and auto guys lie to tourists and say that everything is tax free here. ITS AN OPEN AND BLATANT LIE. They sell comparable products from companies not owned by Karnataka state government enterprises at DOUBLE THE PRICES. They also pay upto 20% commission of total sales to auto drivers and guides for bringing in tourists. Moreover, they have audacity to say that there is no state run Cauvery emporium in Mysore. I heard it after asking repeatedly. The original Cauvery emporium is at Sayaji Rao road and in premises of Mysore palace. Their is a court case under hearing against many such shops in Mysore court. BEWARE AND DONT GET FOOLED BY SUCH CON MANS AND SHOP OWNERS. The products they sell are of low quality and higher price. I saw one painting here which cost Rs 3200 at cauvery emporium however this shop sells at Rs 12000 and the rep quoted the one outside are made of wood full of termite and not of rosewood. He also lied that Cauvery emporium on Bangalore MG Road/Brigade Road is owned by them and I can get delivery from there.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other