[Resolved]  Kavery Medical Center — Health Insurance Cheating

Last month my Father-in-law was admitted for Lungs Surgery in Kavery Medical Center, Trichy, Tamilnadu. He is having the Star Health Insurance Card through Tamil Nadu Police Department, the said Hospital is in the listed Network Hospitals of the same insurance. But at the time of admission to hostpital he and his family members including my wife(7months pregnency) got lot of truble to get preautherasation approval for cashless treatment, and becuase of Hospital pressure we have paid a amount of Rs. 45, 000/- as a deposit, after that the approval has came for Rs.15, 000/- from STAR. Thereafter at the time of Discharge again they were forcing us to pay the remaing amount from total around Rs.73, 000/-, but after facing a lot of difficulties we got the another approval from STAR for Rs.50, 000/- (Enhanced from the previous amount Rs.15, 000/-). even after getting this apporal they told us that the total amount is Rs. 83, 000/- you have already paid Rs. 45, 000/- Insurance Approval amount Rs.50, 000/-, we will return back the remaing amount after recieving the amount from STAR Insurance. In that critical situation they were not ready to fight with HOSPITAL management and discharged from the said hospital. But Still they didn't return back the remaing amount. As a patient my Father-in-Law and as a pregnant lady(my wife) both are having the Mental Depriciation becuase of this situation. Please don't entertrain these kind of acitivites in the HOSPITALS even though the patients having the health insurance.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other