[Resolved]  kingfisher Beer. — Overcharged

I went to purchase 3 bottles of Kingfisher beer on Saturday 31/01/2009 in one of the TASMAC wine shops in my area in T-Nagar Chennai. The MRP printed on the bottles was Rs 66. The shopkeeper asked for Rs 80. I told him he was not supposed to charge more than the MRP. He was annoyed at my suggestion and started abusing me in Tamil, which I don't understand properly. Moreover I have noticed that in Chennai, wine shop owners usually charge 4 - 5 rupees extra for each bottle of beer and pass it on as "refrigeration charges". Is it a fair practice? Nowhere in India have I seen such a practice being followed. Tomorrow someone would charge 5 rupees extra for refrigeration charges for Ice-cream, how about that?
I had an argument on this with the shopkeeper...he started abusing me! Already beer is expensive...government levies so much tax because it is supposedly a thing of luxury and not in sync with the Indian Culture. I am hit below the belt because of the recession...now I cannot drink my favourite beer at a fair price. This has given me heartache.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other