[Resolved]  Maruti - Suzuki Wagon - R Vxi Model — POOR QUALITY OF REAR WINDSHIELD (DEFOGGER)

Sir, I have purchased the car on 20.09.2007. Yesterday (on 18.10.2009), on “Diwali” night at about 9.00 PM due to impact of cracker’s sound Rear Defogger Windshield of my Car has been broken. My car was parked in the compound wall of my independent bungalow (as you can see in the attached photograph). I am really surprised although there were so many cars parked in the open space of the lane but only my car's windshield was broken. Is it was so delicate? There must be some manufacturing defect or of a very poor quality. There was no hard or sharp object was found near/inside the car that would have broken the windshield. Before launching any new vehicle in the market Maruti Suzuki company reportedly conducting number of tests of the product. But I am not sure whether test of 'impact of cracker's sound on the windshield (particularly with defogger facility) has been conducted. Please guide me how I shall be compensated of loss suffered by me to the extent of about 10,000 Indian Rupees. I request you to kindly take up the matter with the concerned authorities for my compensation.

POOR QUALITY OF REAR WINDSHIELD (DEFOGGER)
POOR QUALITY OF REAR WINDSHIELD (DEFOGGER)