[Resolved]  Maruti - Wagon R — Serious Manufacturing defect

I am facing manufacturing fault in Wagon R, purchased on 30.07.07 with one extended warranty from M/s Pasco, Peera Garhi .

At that time my friend ( who had earlier Wagon R ) suggested me to go Santro, but I preferred to go Maruti as I had used 2 nos Maruti 800 from 1988 & had lot of good experience with Maruti service.

But from last one & half month I survived so many times on road as its GEAR automatically disappear ( may be due to changer misaligned internally) . In running vehicle, sometimes when I changed gear like from 2 to 3, first it comes to neutral from 2 nd, when I try to switch to 3rd, automatically "all gear "disapperaed AND GEAR handle moves on neutral only. JUST imagine when it happened in running vehicle, how dangerous it . Chances are there any BACK Vehicle will collide your car... nobody know what will happen ??
When I complaint this to DD Motor, peera Garghi ( Earlier it was Pasco), then after checking initially they refused that there is no problem . But when I insisted/shouted then they open clutch plate & FOUND A METAL PIECE INSIDE WITH Plate. Then they admitted that it is manufacturing fault.
How a metal piece can enter in inside Engine ??

When I got my vehicle after service, next day face problem of starting / accelerating . When I showed this to my Known Mechanic person, he told me that problem is related with "TUNNING OUT ". As the vehicle was within warranty, so I called Maruti DD Motor, they sent one Mechanic Mr Saini, During his inspection that tunning was out, and he adjuted tunning ( in bottom of Engine ...).

I think Maruti has temporary solve my problem just for few months, so that as soon as it goes outside warranty then I have to pay HUGE amount.

This is not the end of problem.. Today also again new problem that FIRST Gear was not picking so many times. I have to go 2nd directly.
Even gear changing hardness is also available.

After I got more serious about Wagon R model, then I came to knowledge from Auto Market / as well many same car Owner that Gear Box / Changer / Clutch Plate problem -- is a known manufacturing problem in Wagon R...

As it is manufacturing fault, you are requested please return my full amount / give me in writing that Maruti will be responsible for this fault & they will provide life time warranty for same fault ( gear changer/gear box / Clutch plate ) OR sort of permanent solution for this defect

If I not receive any positive reply from Maruti, I think no one has to go Maruti Wagon R as it has gear box/clutch plate defects.

Rajesh Rana

Comments

Maruti - Wagon R — Delear Service

REMINDER 1

Connaught Place,

New Delhi-110001.

Kind Attn:- Mr. Kamal K. Kumar

Dear Sir

This is to regret to inform you that we have purchased a Car from Competent with the following detail

Car Reg. No Invoice No Date Model

DL2CAH 8620 VSL[protected]/08/2008. Wagon R Lxi

We have purchased this car from your Cannought Place show room and file handled by Mr. Saurabh Kochher. We also exchanged our Old Maruti Wagon R at the time of purchase.

It was confirmed by Mr. Saurabh Kochher that our total payment after deducting all discounts is Rs.365745/- and against the same we had deposited 391968 /- . Payment confirmation is enclosed for your reference.

More over our old car refund amount was Rs.95000/- therefore our total refund amount from Competent was Rs.121223.[protected] +[protected] = 121223). It was told to us that with in a week time we will get our full payment but despite of regular follow up for a month, and lodging complaint to Maruti at last on[protected] we got the payments but that was also short by Rs.5000/- .

From last four months we are regularly following Mr. Saurabh as well as your kind self but not getting our payment. Every time you and Mr. Saurabh make some excuse.

We request to look into the matter seriously and arrange to refund our payment with in two working days otherwise we have to take legal action.

Thanks & regards

For Shobha Cards Pvt. Ltd

Authorised Signatory

CC:- Mr.Saurabh Kochher, Maruti Customer Care Cell.

Thanks & Regards

Tel:- +[protected]
Fax:- +[protected]
Cell:[protected]
www.shobhacards.com
Save tree. Don't print this mail unless it's really necessary

Maruti - Wagon R — manufacturing fault

Rajesh Rana
I too agree with Rajesh. I own a Wagon R Duo for past six months. The gear shift is pathetic in Wagon R and build quality is below average, I would say its poor rather. Having so many defects, I am not sure how Wagon R has become a successful model. Prior to Wagon R, I had Maruti 1000 for seven years and I was 100% satisfied with its performance and build quality.
I totally agree, as I am facing the same problem, sometimes the first and rev gear poses a latching problem and I am pretty confident that its a gear box manufacturing issue, although the service (authorised) personel keeps saying that clutch plate has worn off !!!

Complaint categoryCategory: Other