[Resolved]  marutisx4 — tyre damage

i have purchased an SX 4 car from Mandovi motors, Manglore in feb 2009.I have done only 2500 kms .The rear tubeless tyre got deflated last week and as per the advice of my dealer it was changed.They told me it was irreparable and hence i was forced to buy a new tyre spending 5250 rupees.This is really demoralising since i have driven my car only in mangalore city and NH 17.There was no accident involving my car.Why did the tyre go flat so early and why can't the company give me a free replacement?.I hope to get an authentic reply from the copmany.
Dr M. Gopalakrishnan
Mangalore
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

marutisx4 — ex cess charge on purchase

GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL FOR CHARGING EXCESS AMOUNT OF RS.8060/-

BY MODERN AUTOMOBILES, INDUSTRIAL AREA -I, CHANDIGARH ON PURCHASEOF CAR MARUTI SX4, ZXI THROUGH CSD DEPOT JALANDHAR

Dear sir/Madam,

1. I am a serving army officer. I had purchased Car SX4 ZXI from Modern Auto Mobiles Chandigarh on 30 May 08 through CSD Depot, Jalandhar against invoice No 50315 dt 30 May 08.When enquired during Ist wk of May 08 the cost of the car (ZXI model) was confirmed by the dealer (Mr amit the sales executive) as Rs.619500/- for any color. The same was paid by demand draft.

2 Initially, the cost was quoted for white/silver colour but during negotiation during IInd wk of May 08, the Sales exec Mr Amit ( from Modern Auto Mobiles) offered a rebate of Rs.15, 000/- on Red and black colour for the model (SX4 ZXI) from existing stockAS THE MODELS WERE MANUFACTURED IN FEB 2008. Accordingly, to get the rebate I agreed to go for Red colour ZXI Model which was manufactured during Feb 08. The said rebate was adjusted against the insurance of the car.

3. To my utter surprise, the car the sales executive, Mr Amit, asked for Rs.8060/- (Rupees eight thousand sixty only) against Receipt No 56973 dt 30 May 08 towards cost differential at the time of delivery siting reason of price like affected by Maruti Suzuki DUE TO INPUT COSTS wef 17 May 08.

4 The excess amount charged is unethical, illegal and against the good trade practice by your big and reputed company as the car (particular model) was manufactured during Feb 08 and the hike has to be effective only from prospective date ie only on car models manufactured after 17 May 08.

5. In view of the above, it is requested that matter be investigated for the glaring omission /commission by the dealer & refund Rs.8060/- be given to the under signed immediately as this would avoid disrepute to the company by adverse publicity in media and a potential legal case as well.

6 I am hopeful that you would look into the matter and my grievance.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other