[Resolved]  Merchant Courier Pvt. Ltd. — Complaint regarding Late Delivery of Courier

This is with respect to the courier sent through Merchant Courier Pvt. Ltd. (henceforth courier agency) on 14th October 2009. The packet was containing Tikka for ‘Bhai Duj’ for my cousin brothers. The packet was addressed to Tushar and Ashish, C- 14, Sector-54, Gurgaon (Haryana).

I received a sms from my aunt (Sunita) on 1st November 2009 (Sunday) at 7.02 a.m which stated that ‘Got ur tika yesterday. Thanks’. I talked to her over the phone and came to know that she got the packet from her letter box on 31st October 2009 (Saturday).

I am currently working in an organisation named Praxis-Institute of Participatory Practices. The official from the courier agency visit our office quiet often to collect the packets. I told our office assistant, Manoj, about the late delivery and asked him to inform me whenever courier agency staff visit us for the collection.

I enquired from your courier boy on 2nd November 2009 (Monday) and came to know that you have received the proof of delivery (POD) way back. He also mentioned that in general it takes more than a week time to receive the PoD from Gurgaon. However, in this case POD was received well before time. It reflects the lack of seriousness in the person delivering the packet.

I have asked your official to bring the signed copy of POD. He brought it on 3rd November. To my surprise, it was having the forge signature (refer the attached POD). It was carrying the signature as ‘yadas Room’. I checked with my aunt and came to know that they have not signed on POD or paper of the courier agency for the delivery of the packet. The question arises is: who has put the signature on the slip? How a courier delivery boy signed the POD on his/her own? How can a courier person is allowed to submit a false statement to the courier agency i.e. Merchants Courier in the present case. Why the courier agency did not ensure the proper delivery of the packet?

There is no attempt made by the courier agency to contact the residents of the address whereas I have mentioned their phone no. on the packet.

It has to be noticed by the agency that in the nuclear families, it’s difficult to find the people at home during the office hours. The courier agency should send the delivery at the time when maximum possibility of the presence of the person is there or call the person for asking their whereabouts.

I have been emotionally and mentally tortured by this incidence. This has created a bad name for me in my relationships with my cousin and aunt.

The reason for me using a courier service rather than a postal service was two folds: one to ensure the delivery on time. Second, to deliver in hand. Both the purpose got defeated due to delay in delivery and not being delivered to the concerned person.

I am bound to think now that what the agency would have been doing with our other office packets which contains documents of importance.

I would like you to look into the matter and let me know. I would also like you to pay me a compensation for the sufferings which were caused to me.

Look forward to hear from you.

Comments

Horrible courier company to USE...totally UNRELIABLE, , , , ,
We gave Merchant Courier on the 9th of July 2010, 1464 Invitation Cards to be delivered within Bangalore for July 15th. Today, July 13, 2010 - I was calling the invitees from Promenade Road, Cleveland Road to Indiranagar - NO ONE has received the cards as yet...And the owner - Mr. Thomas can be very very rude and UNHELPFUL...He thinks he is doing a favour for us ... little does he know we are doing a favor to him by giving him the business. I would suggest to ALL Companies who require to use Courier Companies - to use any other but MERCHANT COURIER as it is a totally unreliable courier company and I just don't understand how they can operate in India. I wish I had used the LOCAL POSTAL SERVICES...
Please do not use this courier in future and suit a case against them to finish their business in India. They are all sitting and doing nothing. They are basically working as office boy in the private company and suddenly open a courier company with the help of illeterate people. Just suit a case to close down their business in India atleast from Delhi and NCR.
this is the worst courier company ever I heard...
I regret to inform you that Merchant courier pvt ltd services sucks big time and moreover your customer service is pathetic and below average.

I was expecting a courier from Pune sent on 3rd Nov 14, courier number: 3356575. today is the 10th Nov and i have still not recieved it. I have endless followed up with some Mr. Naresh in pune branch and he simply tells me the courier is lost with no further explaination. the courier is not even traceable on your website tracking. How can a courier get lost?

I called up Preeti ( someone in Delhi incharge of Customer Service but seriously needs to learn basic manners and etiquette on how to deal with a troubled client. She bluntly refused to help and said i should follow up with pune branch only and that she the company cannot take charge of all the couriers which are lost other the company will shut down. Yes your company will be shutting down very soon because it is been rn by bunch o[censored]neducated, unprofessional, hard soul employees who have no knowledge of the business they are in.

Your attitude and services has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety by the staff at Pune, Delhi and Mumbai branch. All, i am doing is try to understand where is my courier disappeared between Pune to Ahmedabad from 3rd to 10th Nov 2014.

I need my goods or the reimbursement against the same. i need someone to let me know how can i get help here. Should i move the consumer court?

Sonali
[protected]@gmail.com

regret to inform you that your courier service sucks big time and moreover your customer service is pathetic and below average.
I was expecting a courier from Pune sent on 3rd Nov 14, courier number: 3356575. Today is the 10th Nov and i have still not received it. I have endless followed up with some Mr. Naresh in Pune branch and he simply tells me the courier is lost with no further explanation. The courier is not even traceable on your website tracking. How can a courier get lost?
I called up Preeti ( someone in Delhi in charge of Customer Service but seriously needs to learn basic manners and etiquettes on how to deal with a troubled client. She bluntly refused to help and said i should follow up with Pune branch only and that she the company cannot take charge of all the couriers which are lost other the company will shut down. Yes your company will be shutting down very soon because it is been run by bunch o[censored]neducated, unprofessional, hard soul employees who have no knowledge of the business they are in.
This whole episode has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety from the rude staff of merchant couriers pvt ltd at Pune, Delhi and Mumbai branch
All, I am doing is try to understand where is my courier disappeared between Pune to Ahmedabad from 3rd to 10th November 2014.
I need to get my parcel or reimbursement against the same.

Sonali Merchant