[Resolved] Moody Icl Certification Ltd — Cheating the Consumers in the name of ISO 9001
DDr Pradeep Nagrath
We are an Ayurvedic products & supplements manufacturing unit, in the name & style as Pentavox Herbals Pvt Ltd, Ludhiana and had opted for UKAS accredited ISO 9001 & ISO 22000 certifications from M/s Moody ICL Certification Ltd, Panchkula, in April 2008.
This has the reference to a letter dated 01.08.2009, posted on 15.09.2009 sent to us by the certifying body, and received by us from on 18 September 2009, which made us extremely surprised to note its contents, that our ISO 9001 certificate IPK 0808.08 has been deregistered. In this case we have to submit that:
1. We had opted for their certifications of ISO 9001 & ISO 22000 collectively, against their offered quote, and we received certifications from their organisation.
2. When as a small scale unit, we wanted to apply for subsidy from the Ministry of MSME for our ISO 9001 Certificate after its grant and we asked for certain receipts & papers from this organisation's Panchkula office in March 2009. At that particular time, it was revealed by their concerned officials that their organisation is not authorised or approved by NABCB to grant ISO 9001 certification to Pharma kind of industry, which was shocking like an earthquake for us and also surprising for us that when they were not authorised or approved by the NABCB to grant this certificate to Pharma kind of industry, why did they initiate this dialogue & certification process in our case.
3. But we did not receive any reply to our raised question as we were not in a position to apply for the subsidy with the concerned department and ultimately due to an ambiguity in the CB's dealing with us, we had to forego the subsidy portion as the time for application of the same just lapsed and we had to bear a heavy loss for this.
4. In the meantime the annual surveillance audit for ISO 22000 was conducted by their team but there was no response from their side about ISO 9001 surveillance audit by them and we had never said that we will not go for the annual surveillance audit for our ISO 9001 certification.
5. And surprisingly, instead of doing the needful, they deregistered our said certificate, although a hige amount had been spent by us to make ourselves ISO 9001 compliant besides the cost of certification & consultancy services.
Now here an important question arises, if we can undergo a far more rigid Annual Surveillance Audit of our ISO 22000 certification, how can they presume that we do not want or have failed to undergo the same or are hesitant for it. This is a serious issue and extremely shocking & needs immediate remedification. Although, we have already suffered heavy losses because of an improper information imparted to us by them, yet to continue with it we conveyed to them that we are always ready for its surveillance by their team. We only need just 24-48 hours advance information about it, as we are fully compliant towards all requisites & prerequisites.
In the whole episode, an important question arises when the CB was not competent & accredited by NABCB to conduct certification process for Pharma kind of industries, why do they mislead the consumers with alluring & false statements to grant the certificates and later on run away, when their wrong deeds are caught. Why does the Government allow such multinational CBs to cheat & play with the hard earned money of the consumers and be operational in the country. Why are they and their such consultants who negotiate for & on their behalf, not black listed & kicked out for ever?
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020
|Add a Comment||ShareTweet|