[Resolved]  NSS A/C — Harrasment in Transfer of Post Office NSS a/c in Lucknow(UP)

I have one account under National Saving Scheme, 1987(NSS-1987) no.3332556 in Head Post Office, Chowk in Lucknow city o[censored]ttar Pradesh. Through my letter[protected], I requested the Post Master, Mahanagar Post Office Of Lucknow(UP) to get this account transferred to his Post Office from Chauk Post Office. I deposited the Pass Book of this account also in Mahanagr Post Office Of Lucknow along with my letter of[protected].After this I went to Mahanagar Post Office several times & it was told to me verbally that the matter has been referred to Chowk Post Office & not yet received in this Office.
After a long chase in 2008 it was revealed that the said account had come in Mahanagr Post Office about a year back & the Pass Book pertaining to this is not traceable there. Then I was advised by the Staff of Mahanagr Post Office to apply for a fresh duplicate Pass Book rather than making a complaint. Although I requested them to enquire in to this matter & take action against the guilty, who is found to be responsible for the loss of Pass Book but on the insistence of the staff I submitted the request on the prescribed format on[protected] in Mahanagr Post Office.I have the receipt of this with me.
I contacted the said Post Office regularly in Dec, 08 & Jan, 09 but it was told that it has not yet come from GPO Lucknow (UP) Finally I went to Mahanagr Post Office on 30th Jan, 09 & was told that GPO Lucknow has raised some observations. This shows that Mahanagr Post Office staff is not carrying out its duties carefully & has been harassing me.
So I request you to kindly get this matter investigated with necessary action.

Anand Prakash