[Resolved]  Omega Travels — Cheating consumers

In the may of 2009, i took a travel package for Manali from Omega travels for 23K that included following things..:-
We paid all the money and confirmned the booking 2 weeks before the trip and were very excited about it.

Hotel Accommodation on for 3 Nights/ 4 Days in Super Deluxe room in Hotel Evergreen
- Delhi- Manali-Delhi by 2*2 Volvo A/c Video Coach
- Welcome Drink on arrival
- Bed Tea, Breakfast and Dinner for 3 Nights / 4 Days
- 2 glasses of kesar milk on 1st night
- 2 candlelight dinners
- One sight seeing of Rohtang Pass by coach
- One half day local sightseeing of Manali By private car
- All Taxes Inclusive.

so it all started when we reached the connaught place to board the Volvo AC bus. As we reached 3 hrs earlier we thought of calling Omega travels (OT) and finding out when would the bus arrive so that we can roam in the city. The lady from OT was dumbfounded when we told her that we are about to board the bus and wanted to know when the bus will arrive. She asked again as to whether we are going today and said she will call back in a min.

She did not call for the next 10 min, so i ring he back and she gave me a reason that the bus has broke and she will adjust me in some other bus but 2 of the 4 seats would be the last seat of the volvo that would mean a bit of bumpy ride and literally no comfort as there is no foot rest for that and the seat does not go back as well but she assured us that we will get good cosy seats on the return and again give us the new different seat numbers than the ones she had allocated us at the time of bookings.
So we started the journey and two o[censored]s sit at the front while the other were suffering at the last seats in the volvo. Now in the morning we reached the hotel.
the Hotel 'Evergreen' which was boasted as '3' start hotel with facilities as good as 4 star hotels .
So when we reached hotel, we were given a make shift arrangement for 3 hours in a room so that once super deluxe rooms are vacated they would fit us in.

The makeshift arrangement room.. was horrible - it has rugged carpets, curtains were all teared, windows were see through, washrooms pathetic - but we said ok fine hopefully the rooms would be good.

So after 3-4 hours service boy came in and told much to our delight that the rooms are ready and so we went to our room.
As soon as we entered the room we found a foul aroma is already there in the room. We requested the service if there is any room freshner but to our surprise this '3' start hotel service boy has not heard of a room freshner. Bed was tattered, carets all the same rugged from places, bathroom dirty, without shower, and with buckets and mugs that are at their dirty best. We were completely shocked with the room and thew treatment and were thinking that even 2 or 1 star hotel are more hiegenic than the proposed 3 star hotel we were in.

But as we have already done the payment we did not had any choice.
So we stayed in the hotel. Just to mention we did not get any welcome drink/2 glasses of kesar milk as mentioned in the package. Infact the hotel staff did not knew about it and said what ever u need u can order and we will give yopu. But there is another catch all that u can order in a day should fall below 600 a day. Now the breakfast for 1 person costs a 100 Rs in the hotel and so i was bogged down that how would we mannage bed tea, breakfast and dinner both with mere 600 as allowance for 6 people when the bedtea breakfast only costs you 450 bugs.

Isn't it a cheating that you are promising breakfast and dinner and then the hotel tells you that they have only 600 and you have to pay the extra amount.

Anyways so the trip was over and we finally thought to depart from the beautiful city. W#hen we arrived the bus pick point the Volvo guy told us that your seat numbers are further changed as the bus did not had any other place and asked to sit at the last seat again.
And this time the volvo AC was not working, the back seats for all 4 o[censored]s did not had foot rest and sits did not recline. So it was a simple bus and calling it a volvo would be a crime for us.

I just wonder that had we did this trip separate ly without taking any package from anyone it would have cost us a lot cheaper as when i determined the cost.. it came out to be

3600 for volvo
7800 for hotel acco and 600 food allowance that omega travels gave
2500 for travel expenses for 3 days that any private cab was offerin

so a total of 14000 and we gave those Bast**** a whopping 23k for such a pathetic treatment. I just wonder that if you book your tickets well 2 weeks before the journey and still suffer on the last seat of the volvo which is actually like enjoying a deluxe coach (that costs 450) for 900 rupees.

So i request think twice before taking any package .. atleast from Omega travels

Comments

Grandure holidays, travel agency — Cheat travel company

We went to the backwaters last winters the location itself is scenic & ineresting, But I personally did not find any great attraction.

The place is full of cheats. Even being Indian & cautious traveller, we were cheated by everyone, the biggest of all Grandure holidays, charged us 2-3 times the price & provided horrible services. Have also complained to tourism authority. Pls stay away from this company (Mr.Sabastian & Ms. Jisna).

The houseboat was rotten, I had to sleep on ground, after we shouted next day it was changed. We ate in Dark & what we were eating was not known. The power was stolen to run the houseboat. When power failed in Midnight no one came to switch on the emergecy generator. We had to go out, wake the attendents up at 2am. No one from the travel organising company ever came to check the well being.

They took full advance & not a single penny in refund. Pick up vehicle broke down & when complained they were laughing on phone. They promised free Kochi site visit, but who will arrange - they didnt even show up.

Go through some reputed & registered travel agency - you can check that at http://www.tourism.nic.in/ - we found all this only after this experience.
I totally agree with you, we also faced the similar kind of problem, with out knowing the facts, got our booking done thru Omega travels had a worst experience of our life...

We would like to inform you that we had taken a package tour through Omega Travels (Delhi) for Manali in the month of June, 2009 and we had a worst experience of our life. The hotel facilities were not good at all, whatever facilities have been included in the tour packages were not at all available there in that particular hotel (Hotel Trishul), when we tried to contact the Omega Executive, they didn’t respond and never called us back.
The Following are the facilities which were written in the package was not provided to us, but payment has been taken by them for the full packages;

1. Half day site-seeing tour which was mentioned in the package was not completed, we got the car at 6 pm in the evening that too only for an hour.
2. No pickup was done from the Volvo bus stand to hotel,
3. No Welcome drink was provided.
4. They took extra of Rs. 1200/-for visit to Rohtang pass, (we had already paid Rs. 900/-).
5. No kesar milk or complimentary apple cider bottle was given to us.
6. Even in Volvo bus the seats nos. were changed….

We are sorry to say this, that it was a very bad experience, and our full holidays were spoiled by your people. Request you to please take care of all these things in near future with other customers, while suggesting these kind of travel agents(omega travels) and hotels, as customer always trust his/her travel agent for any bookings or any kind of help, we regret that after paying around 15, 000 for 2 days, we are not satisfied with the services.
Hi all,

I too purchased a package from Omega travels last month for Manali. It was basically a Honeymoon package and we selected Hotel Nagesh, which is a really nice hotel situated right adjacent to the beas river. A few things that I liked about the travel agency was its transparent approach. The gentleman who guided us was very soft spoken and explained everything in great detail.

They have a very unique way of collecting payments. While all the other travel companies I called, demanded the entire amount upfront, which I wasn't ready to do since I am based in Mumbai and most travel agencies dealing with Manali are either based in Delhi or Manali itself. Omega travels however, just asked for 33 % upfront to book our volvo tickets and hotel rooms, and we paid the next 33% when i and my wife reached delhi and were about to board the bus from Janpath.

We were assisted by an Omega travels executive who helped us board the bus and find out seats. The journey was very comfortable and the volvo was top class (much better than the regular delux coaches). When we reached manali next morning we were picked up from the stop by hotel nage executive who drove us to the hotel. And only after we were happy with our rooms, were we requested to pay the last 33% of the payment at the hotel counter. The hotel was grand and the food was really excellent. Everything that was mentioned in the package was fulfilled, down to the decorated bed and kesar milk.

The one glitch that we faced was that heaters that were provided were not free of cost. On our way to Manikaran the Toyota broke down and we had to wait for some time while the driver fixed the car...All in all it was very enjoyable tour. While I sympathize with Mr Mishra and Ms Sapna, I am glad that my experience with the travel agency was very different.

Omega Travels is a pretty good travel agency... I purchased a combined tour package of Dharamshala, Shimla and Manali for a price that was almost 25% cheaper than what Yatra was asking for. The hotels were quite comfortable. We stayed at Summerking. Though a budget hotel, the room was nicely decorated and was very clean. Another thing I liked was how detailed the package was. Everything from Breakfast to sightseeeing to dinner for all the days were clearly mentioned in the package - no confusion whatsoever.

I enjoyed my experience with Omega Travels. Its a pity that Mr Mishra faced a tough time. Manali is such a beautiful place. He should visit the hill station again...
Hello Dear Friends,

All the above comments from all of you scares me and like people.

As I am planning a Tour package with Omega, I got to see this post. I am in a dillemma now. But as a new person how I determine which travel company does good. I should rely on somebody to proceed. But unfortunately I don't have references. In this situation, I welcome anyone of your suggestion with a simple and comprehensive statement whether I should go for Omega or not.

As everyone know we are spending money and time for the peace of mind and joy, this should not become a panic exeperience. So please advice.

If any one can help me plz see my requirements, I will travel to delhi and reach by 8.00 A.M on Apr 2nd and wanted to leave from Delhi April 7th 9.00 P.M. I wanted to visit both shimla and manali. Please let me know the best route and guidelines.

thanking in Advance.

Jain tours & travels, New delhi. — Cheating by false promises and collection of money on not travel

We a group of 7 people went to Delhi by 12.04.2010 for vacation trip. We approached Jain Travels & Tours at Paharganh, New delhi. We have arranged daily sight seeing tour package through them to Agra and Jaipur. Since the bus came to delhi on completion of Agra package by 6 hours late that is ealry in the morning we could not able to go to Jaipur in one hour time. Actualy we want to cancell the package due to late arrival of previous tour package.

But they suggested to pastpond the Jaipur package to next day and arranged for local sight seeing on the day. we also accepted for the same. But on next day the vehicle arranged to us is Tempo traveler and not a A/C delux coach which they agreed to provide to us. Hence we told them we cannot proceed with this vechile.

Hence, They harrased us for 50% cancellation charges and collected. Kindly take necesary action against them.
sir
we are planning to go manali 25 july 2010 & purchase a package from omega travals delhi but now i m confused what m i do so pls. help me anyone say me omega travals is cheter or not email: [protected]@gmail.com
Well, these kind of problems arises sometime due to lack of proper communication among the service providers and the travel agent. While buying the packages it is quite advisable that the clients should visit the web site of the hotels/resorts offered (nowadays almost every hotel & resort have their on website) and not rely on the travel agents blindly.
Omega Travels is in the industry since long time some faults doesn't make them a cheater.Ya its the fault of the agency that it should revert back to the complaints of the guests on PRIORITY basis but cant be stamped as cheater.
From the above complaints the Omega Travels should learn to give the client the Priority.
And Sonia ma'm just go-on & don't worry. But do check the website of the hotels/resorts provided.
Had a wonderful family vacation, thanks to Omega Travels. They were great!! :)

South Delhi Travels, New Delhi — Tour to Jaipur

In December, 2010 we went to Jaipur through South Delhi Travels, New Delhi. Their charges (Rs.800 per person for Jaipur) are equivalent to reputed travel agent, Panickers Travels but service is worser than anything. First of all, vehicle is so ugly, driver is unclean, no complimentaries like water-bottle, newspaper (these are the items Panicker Travels used to provide) drop-in at roadside poor restuarant/dhaba for lunch and dinner at the rate equivalent to three star hotel, unhygeine drinking water. Above all, on return the driver not only changed us to another vehicle of the travles, the driver compulsorily dropped us at midnight around 12.30 at the ring road, instead of at the place where we boarded. So not to take travel agent like South Delhi Travels, go by reputed travel agent like Panickers and others.
I am totally disagree with your complain. I am regular customer of OMEGA Travels and it's one of the old travel agency in Delhi/NCR. I have booked my Honeymoon trip with OMEGA Travels and felt a good experience with OMEGA Travels. It offered me each and every facilities for which they have committed with me at very affordable price. Thanks OMEGA Travels for providing me such a good service which made my Honeymoon Vacation everygreen.

I booked my package through Omega, from 3rd to 9th December, 2011 - above experience are making confussion. I suggest to Travel agence make note, and suggestiing to peopele to give rest of money after availing offiring facilities.

Kamal Raj Kalla, Gandhidham
Omega travels is one of the worst travel agents known to me. They ruined my honeymoon trip. The executives are highly unprofessional and foolish. They don't know the crap about booking. All they know is how to befool innocent people looking forward to have a wonderful and cherishable excursions.

One of their executives, Lavika, has the habit of making fake promises and getting the payments out of the customers and then not responding to their emails/phone calls. The case then simply gets passed on to the other executives in their company and just like a government office, you have to keep making calls to them to get your things done since you're already in their bait after paying them the first installment (33% of the total amount).

On the day 1 of my journey, their bus broke down and they made the make-shift arrangement atleast 5 hours later to the scheduled departure time. We were made to stand for all these 5 hours on the road in the midst of dust and scorchy summers on an April evening. Then came the BUS from some other agent 'RAO TRAVELS'. Second day, when we reached Manali 6 hours late, there was noone to pick us up from the bus stand. We had to make atleast 15 calls to get the driver from the Hote President. We reached the hotel only to find that the room which had ben booked in our name was in a pathetic state. The geyser was not working (as it was close to 4 degrees in Manali at that time), the mugs and bucket were miserable. The bed had rugged mattresses and pillows, and the ceiling was too low. All this agibst the prmise of 3 star hotel.

Anyways, our stay that came to a halt for the first destination --Manali had ended on a bad note as we found that these OMEGA travel cheaters did not get our tickets booked for our further journey to Shimla. Then again began the chain of calling their executives and then the hotel owner, who kind of showered some mercy on us by getting us booked 2 general roadways ticket for Shimla as against the VOLVO that these frauds had promised us.

We had to see some more bad days as when we reached Shimla and spent 2 days there, we found that that we were supposed to board the bus around 8 pm and the hotel manager asked us to leave the room before 12 pm the same day. We were roofless for next 7 hours atleast. Again, we had to call up these Omega travel executives, who then had a word with the hotel manager only to get us a respite of beibg shifted to a very small store room in the hotel with no access to day light, electric fixtures in almost no-working state and foul-smelling washroom. We decided to stay out only to leave our luggage in that room. We spent whole day sitting in Dominos, Barista and Madras Coffe house on Mall Road in Shimla.

At 8 pm, we started our journey back to Delhi with honeymoon completely screwed up. And, all credit goes to these buggers and frauds of the highest degree-Omega Travels.

I'd recommend anyone and everyone NOT to use their services.
Dear Mr Ashish,

Omega Travels is one of Delhi's most reputed travel agencies. It has been operating very successfully for more than a decade.

The company is primarily engaged in bookings. So if your Volvo broke down, its highly unfair on your part to blame the agency. If a Jet Airways flight gets delayed or breaks down, would you blame a Makemytrip or a Yatra from whom you'd purchased the tickets.

Moreover, the area where the bus was stalled was in the hills - completely cut off. Instead of complaining you should be grateful that we were able quickly arrange for an alternate bus. RAO Travels runs the best Volvos in the country - and despite the inconvenience we're sure that the rest of your journey must have been supremely comfortable.

As far as your complaints against Hotel President - please refrain from making fraudulent claims. Anyone who has stayed in President will tell you that its one of the best hotels in its class.

The third point that we had supposedly promised you Volvo seats for your journey from Manali to Shimla - The company challenges you to furnish the travel vouchers, where the so called promise was mentioned in writing. No Volvos run on this route so it's literally impossible that we could have made this promise.

Volvo runs from Shimla to Delhi early morning and at night. You had selected night travel when returning from Shimla to Delhi. As per international hotel norms the standard check out time from the hotel is at 12 Noon. As per the itinerary approved by you it was pre-suggested that you undertake your Kufri sightseeing on the day of your departure after checkout from the hotel keeping your luggage in the baggage counter of the hotel. On your return back at 1800hrs you only had to collect your luggage from the hotel, spend a couple of hours at the Shimla Mall road (which you did) ; after which board the 2100 hrs volvo back to Delhi. You had pre-approved of this itinerary and this was how you wanted it to be.

While I am sorry that your experience with Omega Travels wasn't satisfactory, and we'd would gladly have given you a goodwill discount for you next trip. However, we take a strong stand against false accusations and fraudulent claims.

You'd traveled with us March 2012 and posted this complaint in July, a0fter four full months.

Can we rightly assume that this fabricated complaint of yours is nothing more than an attempt at online arm twisting, a blackmail if you will, to claim monetary redressal from the company??

We have a long list of satisfied clients and serve more 10, 000 people every season. Our executives are available 24/7 to assist our clients in every possible way. Our travel services are regularly used by many large MNCs, Financial and Educational institutions.

We would advice you to remove this false and fabricated complain immediately or we'll be compelled to seek legal assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Omega Travels Representative
FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I DECIDED TO TAKE A PACKAGE FOR MANALI FOR 3 NIGHTS AND 4 DAYS . I WOULD SUGGEST THAT NEVER GO FOR PACKAGE TOOL AND I[censored] DO IT THEN DONT EVER GO WITH OMEGA TOURS DWARKA.SO MUCH UN PROFESSIONALS .I WILL NEVER SUGGEST ANYONE TO BOOK PACKAGE TOURS FROM OMEGA TOURS AND NOT EVEN A SINGLE SERVICE WAS GIVEN TGO ME. EVERYTIME I USED TO CALL THESE GUYS AND THEY HAD NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THEIR CUSTOMER. MY BOOKING WAS IN SOME HOTEL AND I WAS GIVEN SOME OTHER PATHETIC HOTEL. THE MONEY WAS CHARGED TO ME ON 3 STAR HOTEL WHEREAS I WAS GIVEN A THIRD CLASS HOTEL.SIGHTSEEING ALSO THE WORST.EVEN LAST DAY SIGHTSEEING WAS PATHETIC .WHATEVER WAS A PART OF PACKAGE WAS NEVER FULFILLED, LIKE CANDLE LIGHT DINNER, COOKIES, KESAR MILK...NOTHING WAS GIVEN AND FOOD WHICH WAS OFFERED WAS PATHETIC. NO BODY IN MANALI HAD A CLUE WHAT TO DO .SO I REQUEST EVERY TOURIST NOT TO GO AHEAD AND NOT TO PLAN THEIR HOLIDAYS WITH OMEGA AS THEY WILL RUIN YOUR HOLIDAYS.
We had a worst experience of our life due to Omega Travel delhi. We booked our package for manali with my family. In simple words they are cheater. The Transportation & Hotel facilities were not good at all, whatever facilities have been included in the tour packages were not at all available as they committed at the time of booking, when we tried to contact the Omega Executive, they didn’t respond and never called us back.
So i request think twice before taking any package at least from Omega travels Delhi.
Omega Travels is a worst Agency in this world
i purchase manali package for 3n 4d from omega travels.whatever facilities have been included in the tour packages were not at all available as they committed at the time of booking.no drink on arrival, no candle light dinner, no disco theque .& the main thing in the tour is the misbehaviour of the MD of president hotel.he is very rude to us .very bad service of hotel president.We are sorry to say this that it was a very bad experience, and our full holidays were spoiled by Omega Travel.
Dear Complainants/ Readers, There are many Travel Agencies name OMEGA TRAVELS in India, Kindly mention full details of company like address and their contact numbers. our is OMEGA TRAVELS INDIA PVT.LTD, with only office in Hyderabad. Approved by IATA and operating since 30 years without a single complaint in our service span of 30 years. out company standing
of 30 years in Travel Field is purely our Reputation and Execellent services. Thanks