[Resolved]  POST ofFCIE — Delay in giving the maturity amount of MIS Scheme in post office

Sub: Delay in processing of Closure request of “MIS & RD A/C’s at Autonagar Sub-Post Office for A/C: 3055199, 3055200, 3055201, 3055202, 3055203 & RD: 610638

I am M.Narasimha Murthy working as Chief Manager for a reputed bank in Rajahmundry. In September-2002 we have deposited amounts in MIS scheme in Autonagar Post office to a tune of Rs.2, 50, 000/- under the Joint names of My self and my Wife Mrs.M.Praveena ( Joint B option), the account numbers are as mentioned above.

We have updated the account books of SB and RD till March-2006, subsequently I got transferred and moved away from Visakhapatnam. The deposits got matured in Sep-2008 and I visited Auto Nagar Post Office in the month of October-2008 and handed over the passbooks to the Post Master Mr.Appa Rao for closure, he has asked me to contact him after a weeks time for closure as he has to update the Accounts and calculate the maturity amount, unfortunately the task is pending till date, however he has not taken any request letter / withdrawal forms though I tried to give him twice in between.

I have been contacting him very often in the last three months for closure, he always insisted me to come to Vizag without assuring date of completion of the task. I really don’t understand, how many times that one need to visit the post office for closure of deposit. It is very difficult for me to visit Vizag from Rajahmundry, during the working days due to my busy work schedule.

On 03-02-09 I have contacted him asking for the Closure of my deposits, since I have a house registration on[protected]. He replied that he is attending Training Programme and cannot take up the task till[protected], and advised me to look for an alternative for funds, or postpone my commitments, he is being very very negligent to our request. I happened to plead him several times to help me out to meet my commitments, he has never been empathetic and started shouting at that I am disturbing his valuable time.

At this juncture I have the following question to get clarified.

When I have requested for closure of my FD’s in prior, one week well in advance to my commitment date, Why should I look for an alternative when I have got my own money ???

Does it take such a long time (7th October till date) for updating the accounts / books for calculation of maturity value.???

If the concerned officer is attending a training programme, is there no one to complete the task???

How many times does a depositor need to visit the post office for clearance / taking the maturity proceeds???

Do the depositors deserve an abusive behavior from the post master???

We have our other family member’s deposits to a tune of Rs.18 Lakhs in other post office, with this incident how can I be comfortable to continue our deposits with Post Office???

I request you to intervene at this juncture and instruct Mr.Appa Rao, The Post Master of Auto Nagar, Visakhapatnam, to give us the Cheque latest by[protected], to meet my commitments, failing which I may have to escalate the matter to the higher authorities. Thanking you,

Yours truly,

M.Narasimha Murthy
Flat No: 402, Koduri Plaza
Challapalli Vari Street
T.Nagar, Rajahmundry
Ph: [protected].
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

I had opended an MIS account in Tarsali Post Office of Vadodara, Gujarat in Jan 2002 for 6 years term for a sum of rupees sixty thousand. The scheme was matured in Jan 2008 but till date I have not received the capita amount with 10% additional bonus. time and again I asked my agent he said cheque was issued from SBI, Raopura branch of Vadodara with no. 024375 dated 30 Jan 2008 for an amount of Rs. 66000.

Recently I wrote an application and sent through my agent in Tarsali to GPO in 09 Dec 2009. As I am not staying at Vadodara now I had to make several mobile and telephonic call to my agent to know the status. He says It is too delayed and will take time as govt people are very reluctant to answer and take speedy action. I contacted the post office where my scheme was opened on 9 th Dec 2009 and aprised them of my situation. They did not seem to help customer rather saying only give application.

After more than two months of giving application there is no reply nor my agent is taking any serious step in this regard. When asking how much time will it take to issue another cheque as the old cheque is now two years old, they are not specifying the date too.

Now I am in a mental disturbance, thinking how to recover my hard earned money from this govt. dept.
Is this the service a normal citizen expect from our so called goverment officials ???

As more than two years already passed, how much time I have to wait for getting my amount ??
I urnestly request to take immediate step and help me get my money.

Krutibash Pramanik