[Resolved]  PPF Account No. 3100 with Andheri West Rly. Station Post office — non receipt of my passbook duly completed - for 2 years

Sub: PPF Account No. 3100 with Andheri West Rly. Station Post office

I had opened a PPF Account with Andheri West Rly. Station Post office in the year 1996. I make my yearly contributions regularly since then.

Three years before, I had given my passport to the concerned post office for udating the same for interest amount for the year 2005-06, which was not handed over to me saying that the passbook has been sent to the head office for updation, which was not received by them. My constant visits to the said post office had given me the same reply for two years. Moreover, six months before, they advised me to go to the Main Post Office, Andheri West for collection of my passbook.

My representative, Mrs. Narang has been, following up the matter regularly with the Andheri Main Post office and till now, she must have made not less than 20 visits, result remains the same, "not yet done".

Please note, i am not been able to file my Income Tax Returns for want of this passbook as my Charterered Accountant is insisting the getting this passbook.

When the system is totally computerised, i do not understand the delay in updating the passbook, which should take only 2 minutes and NOT TWO YEARS. Can somebody take up the matter seriously and help me in this matter.

Could you please kind enough to intervene in the matter and look into the actual happenings in the concerned post offices for immediate action on releasing my passbook.

Looking forward to receive your early reply and prompt action on the subject matter.

Grace Mendonca