[Resolved]  Railway Protection Force - Turbhe, Navi Mumbai — Harassment of Passengers

14th July, 09

I am a regular office-goer and use the Thane-Nerul line to commute to office by the 9.14 am Thane-Nerul train. I observe daily some 7 to 8 plain clothed people target the last vendor compartment and harass passengers claiming it to be ladies. They even manhandle unwary commuters when they ask questions. They often let people go on payment of bribes ranging from Rs. 200 to Rs. 520. Today, the 14th of July as usual, they caught around 10 to 12 commuters . Usually it is actually mentioned that the compartment is for ladies from 4.00 am to 10.00 am from Mumbai towards the down line. But today there was no mention of the compartment being ladies. I was at the door of the next compartment today as I presumed that the group of 7 to 8 people were going to repeat their usual act. Before boarding, I checked out the compartment on both sides and confirmed that nothing was mentioned except that the compartment is reserved for senior citizens from 12.00 pm to 15.00 hrs. This needs to be taken up seriously or else many unwary commuters will be robbed of their savings.

Hope somebody acts on this urgently.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

i am land lord in turbhe station so please well sujjest me railway job

Complaint categoryCategory: Other