[Resolved]  Remit 2 India — Money not transferred

The ever pathetetic service I have seen is Remit 2 India. As jus to start money transfer to India I processed my transfer request to remit 2 india, but its more than a month, money is not yet transferred. I have finally asked them to cancel the transaction and redund me my money back, but haven got any revert from them. Customer service is so un professional, taht NO words for it.

Seems that as if this site is jus to cheat people and make money ...

I am still looking for some help to get my money back from them.

Comments

I do agree, i transferred on Jan 1st, its been almost 27 days yet my money is not transferrd and cutomer service do not what really happend to the money. Their service really SUCKS
I would suggest - use ICICI Bank Money2India, that has been reliable and nice till now. I also haven't heard of any complaints from any of my many friends who use this service.
Yes, The worst service i ever seen, Remit2India SUCKS. Guys and Girls dont use this service. Use ICICI or SBI.
I agree..its more than 3 weeks now..and I dont know how to get my money back..can someone tell me if someone has asked them to refund their money and got any success with it?

I have been asked to send in my passport copy and my address proof...and after 2 weeks of chasing, my id got blocked..asking me to send the copies again...am really frustrated.
This is very true.. See a real experience with Remit2India below -

You guys should be ashamed to run a business this way even a road side vendor would run his operations more efficiently. After all the back and forth mails and numerous calls I have told that it would take another 48 hours that would mean 10 days for a WIRE TRANSFER to reflect in my account.

It is unethical to cheat expatriates like this and from a reputed company like time of India it is even more unfortunate. I will ensure my case is filed in the consumer forum and I will post this case of mine in the expatiate blogs and forums so that more expatriates are aware of the fraud that you as a part of your service operations.

Till date I cannot log into the remit to India website after my money was debited from my account.

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, Remit2India <[protected]@remit2india.com> wrote:

From: Remit2India <[protected]@remit2india.com>
To: "Aejaz Sheriff" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 10:30 AM

Dear Aejaz Sheriff,

We thank you for your patience.

The status for your remittance has been updated. However we are not in receipt of the funds.

We request you kindly let us know if you have intiated the domestic wire transfer to our correspondent bank account.

Please send us a screenshot of your Bank statement (with Bank's logo) showing the debit of the amount, to ensure a smooth transfer:

* It should be in non editable JPEG / MS WORD format

Account number and the name of the Account holder should be mentioned in the statement

In order to do so, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Open your online bank statement showing the debit
2. Click print screen button (PrtSc) on your key board
3. Copy {Press Control ('Ctrl') and 'C'}
4. Paste {press control ('Ctrl') and 'V'} it in MS Word or MS Paint and send it as attachment

We would take utmost care to ensure that there is no further delay with your transaction.

Assuring you of our best service always.

Should you need any clarifications, email us at [protected]@remit2india.com.
For the security of your account information and in your interest, we earnestly request you to communicate with us only through your registered email address.

Thank you for your continued patronage and support.

Were we able to resolve your query satisfactorily? Please provide your feedback:

"Starting from Jun 29, our US and Canada Toll Free number is changing from 1-866-REMIT-TO to 1-888-REMIT-TO"

Harish Shukla
Remit2India Team.
"Remit2India is the World's No. 1 Independent Online Money Transfer Portal for NRIs"
“- ACNielsen ORG Marg"

[protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Aejaz Sheriff ([protected]@yahoo.com)
Date: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 04:44 AM
To: [protected]@remit2india.com ([protected]@remit2india.com)
Cc: [protected]@timesofmoney.com ([protected]@timesofmoney.com)
Subject: Fw: Re: Verification Documents

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]-->

Please find an image copy of the SSN Card. Please do revert back when this would be processed. Many thanks

--- On Tue, 9/8/09, Aejaz Sheriff <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Verification Documents
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:19 PM

Yes this is a newly issued SSN. I do not have a scanner to scan and send this today. If this SSN is there in the federal government database I cannot be responsible if it is not your database!

At the least it should be mentioned when registering that for all new SSN a scanned copy in mandatory so that customers do not end up transferring money with the hope that it would go through immediately. Now the money has been debited from my account and my Remit2India account has been deactivated, so it is like my money is stuck!

I did the wire transfer in the hope this money would be transferred immediately paying higher service charge. I am extremely disappointed with the Remit2India service I used to use ICICI money to India from Europe earlier and did not have any problems. I will ensure this experience of mine is a lesson known to all expatriates to stop using Remit2India and switch to ICICI Money to India which has much better service.

Can you please revert back!

--- On Tue, 9/8/09, [protected]@remit2india.com <[protected]@remit2india.com> wrote:

From: [protected]@remit2india.com <[protected]@remit2india.com>
Subject: Verification Documents
To: [protected]@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 2:02 PM

Dear Aejaz Sheriff,

Thank you for choosing Remit2India as your preferred mode for transferring money to India.

We see that you have recently registered with us or you have added new U.S bank account details. However, we have been unable to verify your SSN. This could have occurred due to the following reasons:

* Newly issued SSN
* SSN details not available in our verification database
* SSN entered incorrectly

Verification of your Social Security Number is of prime importance. This is because it helps us prevent any kind of fraud happening on our customer accounts and thus ensures safety and security of transactions made by you.

We therefore request you to kindly send a scanned copy of your SSN in Word / JPEG format to [protected]@remit2india.com.
This will enable us to complete the verification procedure and process your transaction as per schedule if any.

Sending scanned copy of your SSN on our company email id is absolutely safe and secured, please be assured about the same.

Any inconvenience is regretted. In case of any further queries, please feel free to write to us at [protected]@remit2india.com.

Note: Please ignore this e-mail if you have already sent the SSN.

"- ACNielsen ORG Marg"

"Remit2india launches 'NetBanking Transfers' in Germany, a real time seamless option for your remittance needs."
Please note that our New Toll Free Numbers w.e.f 26th June are:
1-888-REMIT-TO (US & Canada)
[protected]UK)
[protected]Australia)

<<SSN_Image.jpg>>

Subject: Fw: RE:'TOML=[protected]' Send Money Transfer from AEJAZ QUARAISHI
Cc: [protected]@timesofmoney.com
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 7:37 PM

Anup:

Resending this to as per conversation in a word doc format.

Subject: Fw: RE:'TOML=[protected]' Send Money Transfer from AEJAZ QUARAISHI
Cc: [protected]@timesofmoney.com
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 7:07 PM

I am sending screenshots as asked for with the Deutsche Bank NY details in the files attached. The amount has been debited from account as can be seen from the screenshots last Saturday (5th Sep 2009). If you can do this transfer it will be very helpful.

To: "Remit2India" <[protected]@remit2india.com>
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 6:00 PM

Please find the screenshot of the debit below. I have also called the back and confirmed of the transaction. I am extremely disappointed with this experience one I will let all my colleagues and friends know about my horrendous experience with this money transfer service

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, Remit2India <[protected]@remit2india.com> wrote:

From: Remit2India <[protected]@remit2india.com>
To: "Aejaz Sheriff" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 10:30 AM

Dear Aejaz Sheriff,

We thank you for your patience.

* It should be in non editable JPEG / MS WORD format

In order to do so, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Open your online bank statement showing the debit
2. Click print screen button (PrtSc) on your key board
3. Copy {Press Control ('Ctrl') and 'C'}

Assuring you of our best service always.

Should you need any clarifications, email us at [protected]@remit2india.com.

Harish Shukla
“- ACNielsen ORG Marg"

[protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Aejaz Sheriff ([protected]@yahoo.com)
Date: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 04:44 AM
To: [protected]@remit2india.com ([protected]@remit2india.com)
Cc: [protected]@timesofmoney.com ([protected]@timesofmoney.com)
Subject: Fw: Re: Verification Documents

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]-->

--- On Tue, 9/8/09, Aejaz Sheriff <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Verification Documents
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:19 PM

Can you please revert back!

From: [protected]@remit2india.com <[protected]@remit2india.com>
Subject: Verification Documents
To: [protected]@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 2:02 PM

* Newly issued SSN
* SSN details not available in our verification database
* SSN entered incorrectly

Note: Please ignore this e-mail if you have already sent the SSN.

"- ACNielsen ORG Marg"

Please note that our New Toll Free Numbers w.e.f 26th June are:
1-888-REMIT-TO (US & Canada)
[protected]UK)

Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
Really true, the customer care is not at all supportive to customers. It is really a "customer torture" not care. For me too, it happened like the money transfer took a long time and i was tensed as i was not getting any support from customer care. Most of the time they dont reply (on chat) or they tell send email to "[protected]@remit2inda" and wait for 48 hrs. Then what is the need of a chat service? Ok, if we mail to [protected]@remit2india, again they always ask for a copy of the transaction details, then no reply. That is it. really really a bad service. they even once transferred wrong amount (less) and were saying i put less amount to their account. I sent them the bank details, but still they stuck on their words saying my bank transferred only less amount. I went to my bank but they told that they have transferred the right amount. For remit2india, my bank, which is a well known bank (ING bank, Brussels, Belgium) lied!!! how come???? No well established banks lie or transfer less amount. If it happens, it can be checked and corrected.
Extremely pathetic customer service . None of the guys even reply thats what puts you off really :( .
remit2India sucks. They asked me for a scanned copy of the SSN which is not at all secure. I did enter my SSN in their website, they can use those entered details for the verification purpose. Why the hell do they need a scanned copy again?

Very dissatisfied with the service. And the customer care is hopeless. They don't answer your questions exactly. They byhearted a few answers and no matter, what you ask they say the same thing over and over again. If they relaly don;t know the correct answer to the customer's question, they must forward the customer's call to some head representative who can give the correct answer.

Hopeless service. I recommend not using remit2India
Thankfully I did not have the same experience like most of you...the difference in my case was that I did the mistake of registering on remeit 2 India website sometime in 2004 when i was researching my options to send money to India. Finally, I never used it...so who cares, right?

in 2011, I get cold calls from a bunch of working for Remit 2 India...I have asked them to stop calling and nobody heeds...the calls keep coming every other day...so I look up their agreement terms, guess what? apparently they can provide "free advise" when you sign up...and their crap advise is "Send money through us at a higher rate and we will scam you right away and use the float money to fill our pockets!!"

After numerous irritating cold calls, fed up, i went and randomly changed my phone number, and now the calls are stopped!!

Remit 2 India