Sharaf DG , City Center — Purchase of Product

I purchased a Garmin car navigator from DG Sharaf, City Center for DHS 1999/- on 18th Dec...Ever since I had a problem starting the machine.

I reported this problem to the customer service at Sharaf DG, City center on 22nd (as I was out of Dubai for 3 days) and asked for a product replacement as it was not even coming on. I was told that no replacement was possible as it had to go to Garmin for checking. I even met the Store manager who also said he could not replace it and will get it checked on urgent basis. I was asked to come back after a day to collect it back....

I was extremely upset as it was a brand new product and I could not use it and I had to keep following up for replacement or repair. I even gave the manager a letter of complaint and took his sign on it....I am sure that letter is in the dust bin now....

Until 24th Dec evening, I did not hear from Sharaf DG regarding my navigator. I called up the Store at least 10 times...finally could speak with the manager who said he will check and come back to me in a while....

After 2 hours a staff from the company called me and informed that it would still take 2-3 days at the company and nothing can be done.....Upon asking about the manager, I was told that he already left the store and is not available....

This makes me extremely upset as I paid full price of the product and till now can not use it...Ironically, a British gentleman next to me had a similar problem and his product was changed immediately and he was given a replacement. This amounts to racial discrimination also.

I am running around and following up for a new product which I purchased and Sharaf DG has really given me huge mental trauma and till now have not been able to offer me the product for which I paid in full.

I request your intervention on this as this is not professional. DG Sharaf is not carrying out good customer satisfaction practices.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanking you,

Rajesh Bhatt

Comments

I had purchased an X box game NBA 2K9 from Sharaf at city centre about a week ago and didnt open the game till i reached my home in India.When I opened it I found two concentric circular scratches on the CD and when i put it in the Xbox, the console is unable to read the CD because of the scratches.The game is still under warranty unfortunately I have misplaced the bill.The game is by 2k sports and I am unable to contact them from India..Awaiting your assistance..

Zaid Ahmed
The worst shop ever, the grocery down stairs has more professionalism, I bought a Vaio from their "online store", they took the money from my card, and after two weeks there is no delivery, no follow up, nothing, they're not replying my calls or emails,
after two weeks their stupid guy sent me an email asking for my passport copy and the mastercard copy, to confirm the payment, although it was confirmed the same moment the transaction happen.
when I sent him a copy from the card statement which has the payment to sharafDG, he kept coming with other stupid execuses.
I called the bank and they can't cancel the payment since it was done, so Tomorrow I'm filing a complain to the police.
I bought an Acer laptop which i found is used and defective i went to sharaf DG diera city centre store and request for an repalcment or an upgrade and was willing to pay as well. the sore manager Rakesh was too rude and racist as he was handling westerner nicely and for asian he was too rude.
I would like to inform eveyone that sharaf dg is selling used and defective machines and not to buy anything from ther stortres as they are riping customers.
I gave one Blackberry Pearl 3G mobile set for repair to Sharaf DG on 6th Nov until today the set has not been repaired. When I call customer service they will revert back and let me know when it will be ready but no-one calls back. It is more than 40 days. On their invoice they state repair will take 15 working days but now it is more than 30 working days. I am really disgusted following up with Sharaf DG.
was this complaint resolved?

Company:Sharaf DG , City Center