[Resolved]  Shell Petroleum Dev.Co. o[censored].K. — SHELL INT'L MOBILE DRAW 2009 won GBP.200,000.00

04.02.2009
I am a student and I received a message in my mobile phone on 03.01.2009 at 22.19 hrs. It read as follows:- Your mobile number has won GBP200, 000.00 in the 2009 SHELL INT'L MOBILE DRAW. To claim your prize contact DR. ROBERT on [protected] or Email: [protected]@hotmail.com.' Receipt of the said message was informed to the contact person in the aforesaid message. In furtherance of that I was informed to contact a lawyer Barr.Jonathan Graham suggested by the contact person Dr.Robert Done. Immediately I contacted the lawyer and as per his request the documents demanded by him were forwarded to him for getting necessary FUND RELEASE ORDER and other documents. He demanded his fees and other charges from me and I wrote to him to deduct it either from the prize amount or I shall pay it after getting the prize amount. It was also not acceptable to the company and they informed me to pay lawyers fees and charges before he secures the documents and to pay him through his appointed means of payment and not through my uncle who will be in London. Eventhough I have not money with me I borrowed money from my relatives and I paid Rs.41, 000.00 (Indian Rupees) in the account suggested by the lawyer in the name of MR. TYRON WALTER PETERS, Account Number
[protected] at BANK OF BARODA, NEW DELHI. (Lawyer's Name: Barr.Jonathan Graham, The Principal Attorney, Graham Chambers 44 Green Park Lane, Liverpool. Email: Jonathan.[protected]@lawyer.com Telephone: [protected]). In furtherance of that I recei8ved, Certificate of Award, Fund Release Order etc.from my lawyer and I was asked to contact MR. THOMAS VINNY of NATWEST BANK PLC OF ENGLAND (Email: [protected]@cooltoad.com TeL: [protected]).
When I contacted the said person, I was required to remit the TRANSFER SERVICE CHARGES OF Rs.93, 840.00 in the name of MERLEY HMAR, Account No.[protected] at AXIS BANK, NEW DELHI. I deposited the said amount also on 24.01.2009. On deposit of the said amount I was informed by the Company M/s Shell Petroleum Dev. Co. o[censored].K. and NATWEST BANK PLC OF ENGLAND that the AWARD WINNING PRIZE HAS BEEN TRANSFERED to my account in India. But till now I did not receive any amount or it is not my account as on this day.
There is no purposeful tax evasion or attempt for the same from my part. Moreover I have engaged in the aforesaid transactions with bonafide believe that all the communication received by me are true and correct and all the documents received by me are fully satisfying or supporting the transactions. At present I bonafide believe that I had been cheated by the Company and the person engaged in the transactions. There is no illegal acts from my part or any attempt for the same.
Yesterday I received a letter from Mr. Thomas Vinny of NATWEST BANK PLC OF ENGLAND telling that:
'THE FUND WAS STOPPED TEMPORARILY BY THE NATIONAL COALITION AGAINST TERRORISM (NCAT) ONLY TO RELEASE IT WHEN YOU PRESENT TO THEM THROUGH YOUR LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE, YOUR NON UK TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE WHEICH CAN WILL BE OBTAINED WITH AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO 2.5% OF THE TRANSFERED AMOUNT WHICH IS 5, 000.00 GBP. WE ADVICE YOU TO CONTACT YOUR LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE AND SETTLE WITH HIM ON HOW HE CAN PROCEED TO THE BRITISH REVENUE BOARD AND OBTAIN THE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE AFTER MAKING THE NECESSARY PAYMENT. THE NCAT IS THREATENING TO TAKE OUR BANK TO THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL COURT AND COME DOWN TO YOUR COUNTRY INDIA WITH THE INTERPOL POLICE OPERATIVES AND PROBABLY GET YOU ARRESTED IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETLY WITH THEIR DIRECTIVES AND PRESENT THE CERTIFICATE TO THEM BEFORE OR ON THE GIVEN TIME AND WE WOULD NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN".
So, I humbly request your goodself to take appropriate action for giving the TRUE STATE, if affairs and whether the COMAPNY AND THEBANK are in existence and transactions are genuine or not.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Hi Deepa,

Just wanted to confirm if you have received your claim. Since a similar msg has been received by me.
Just wanted to verify before proceeding everything seems similar except Dr. Robert is now Rev bro. Green.
email id have changed slightly too. Looks like some kinda fraud. Thanks for posting this on the net many others won't be duped. My only wish is this culprits be caught and put behind the bars.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other