Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Shetty Sethna & Associates — A big nuisance at Airtel Customer Care Service Center, Fort Mumbai

Sub : A big nuisance at Airtel Customer Care Service Center,
Fort Branch, Mumbai.

I am Lawyer by profession and am advising people for US Immigration Laws. I am currently working with Shetty Sethna & Associates. I am a member of Indo-American Society. I have also distributed my visiting cards to many people wherein I have given the Airtel Number [protected]. I am also having the Airtel Number [protected].
I would now like to draw your attention to your Customer Care Service Center, Fort, Mumbai. I think it is not Customer Care but it is Irresponsible Customer Care Service Center.
A month before I had visited your so called Customer Care Service Center for converting the post-paid to pre-paid. I have submitted my Driving License and other identity proof, which was not received by main Airtel office. This I came to know when I received an SMS from Airtel, that “ Due to Government Directives, as we had not received documents, we are disconnecting the service.”
I then again submitted the same documents but it was again rejected.
Then again after few days I submitted the same documents and I explained to your so called Customer Care Executive that the address on the Driving License is different then my current address. The only difference was, previously I was staying in Chawl System which was then redeveloped at same place. I also told him that if I am writing the current address, it will differ from driving license’s address but your executive irresponsibly informed me that you write the same address as on driving license. He advised me that no problem, as it is prepaid, there is nothing to be delivered like in Billing connection. This was happened on 16th of October and he told me that by Tuesday it will get activated.
Then on Tuesday I visited your Center again and your executive i.e. Ms. / Mrs Suprabha informed me that the document had been yet not submitted to main branch. It will go today and by tomorrow afternoon i.e. Wednesday afternoon it will get activate.
Again on Wednesday it was not activated and Ms. / Mrs Suprapha informed me that it will be activated by tomorrow. I reconfirmed with her that by Thursday it will surely be activated.
Then again on Thursday morning I visited the center and Ms. / Mrs Suprapha told me that it will get activate by afternoon and she gave me her mobile number. From afternoon to evening I was consistently trying for 15 to 20 times but she didn’t pick up the phone. Then in evening I again have to visit the so called customer care where I was informed that your number is sent for deletion. I was totally out of my mind as I had lost my business. How my clients will contact me? If your Executive would have advised me properly it will not be the case. How can you treat your customers like this? How can you cancel the number without making me aware that where my documents erred as proof?

I therefore kindly request you to please take strict action against this executive of Fort Branch so they never make false commitments and never erred in advising customers. I hereby request you to kindly allot me the number [protected], otherwise I will suffer grave losses.

Vipul R. Joshi