[Resolved]  Sri Ram chits Pvt Limited Nagapattinam Branch — Rejection of Loan and failure to repay the chit amount on time

From:

Tamilnadu, India.
Pin : 611001

To
The Chairman
Sri Ram Chits Private Limited.

Sub: Status of Chit fund –Group/Ticket - 4180/58010/31

In reference to the above subject I bring to your kind notice that I hold an account at Sriram Chits Private Limited at Nagapattinam for depositing my chit amount prized at Rs. 2 lakhs. I started this chit in September which is six months old till date. I became a member in your company in order to increase my savings. I joined this chit in the most important time of mine as I was about to get married in the month of February 2009. Therefore I specified that I shall need to claim my chit amount around the time of my marriage. Further I am a visually impaired person and I clarified with your concerned agent Mr. Perumal that this will not have any effect on my financial transactions in your company in relation to avail benefits like securing my chit amount, availing lone an other scheme.
In January since I could not draw my chit amount as per my need because of your norm of releasing chits through lots, I applied lone of Rs. 1 lakhs from my chit amount however after promising words from the branch manager at Nagapattinam it was rejected by the regional manager. He in tern mentioned another shocking fact that I being a visually impaired person I can not operate this account independently and therefore I need to have a guardian to have any transactions. This fact is highly disappointing for me and many of my fellow being.this is an insult to our disability.

I am really hurt by this unacceptable act of you and your company finally I decided to quit from your chit company as I am not happy with the way you treat persons like me. However they have not yet released my paid amount which is Rs.15000/- till date due to this I faced a lot of difficulty in terms of financial shortage therefore I put this case before you for suitable action.this is also for your reference that I am a manager in a reputed NGO working for disability and I am in charge for all financial transaction in the organization so I hope for a positive reply from your end.

S Ashokkumar