TATA Indicom, Plug-2-surf internet — Excess billing

Sanjib Dey
This is to make you concern about the trouble I am facing with TATA Indicom internet connection. I had gone
through the three tier institutionalized grievances redressal mechanism.
I am a cosumer of tata indicom newly introduced plug_2_surf wireless internet connection. I had to bought a
USB modem(of Rs. 2850.00) and a sim card worth of Rs. 99.00 during taking connection. My V-data card no.
is [protected] and it was activated from 17th August, 2007. I am in PLan 325, it is a time based plan the
monthly rental is Rs. 325.00 and it allows 1800 minutes free internet surfing per month.A software named
dialer was given along with the USB modem supposed to keep the internet usage log in time and data transfer.
For the first month I surfed internet accordig to the internet log of that dialer software.At the end of my
billing cycle the total minutes of internet surfing was well within my free limits. But in the bill I noticed some
extra charge was claimed as the extra internet usage, it was Rs. 93.00. I then contacted to the service provider
regarding this matter,they admitted that there is some problem with the software and refused to change the
software but they returned the extra money Rs. 93.00 as a gesture to maintain their goodwill and refused to
return any such inthe future. I requested them a lot to change the modem and software but they just refused.
In the second month I observed the same thing that my internet usage according to the bill is higher than the
dialer software internet log. I again insisted to cut the extra money from my bill but they refused, I then
wanted to change my dialer software with a correct one, again they refused.
For the next month I planned to keep internet log to myself, for the last month my internet usage was 1694
minutes which is well within my free limits 1800 minutes,in my last bill I observed my internet usage is 1931
minutes and for that they claimed Rs. 60.00 plus 12% tax on that.I again contacted them but they just refused
to entertain my problem.
I am really frustrated now, breaching of connection will be a loss for me as I bought the USB modem just 3
months back.

Under this circumstances I need your help to solve my problem.In this mail I am not sending any document as
the software output is not possible but if required I can send the print screen picture of the internet log and
the bills of the tataindicom that are the documents I have.

I am waiting for your solution.

SANJIB DEY,
Resi
43B, Sikdar Bagan Street, Kolkata-700 004
West Bengal.
Mobile- (033)-[protected]

Comments

Tata Indicom - Plug to Surf Modem — Excess Billing

I have purchased Tataindicom Plug-2-surf Modem with Rental pack of 325/- INR with free usage of 1800 minutes. The software provided by the company shows the log for 13-18 hours per month whereas the bill is for 35-40 hours. I went to local Tata Indicom office, shown the Laptop and screenshots.They have suggested to show to Secunderabad office (Since my son use the same for his laptop)None of them responded. Wrote letters and reminder to nodal officer AP of Tata indicom. No response.
Dear these companies are like this ... when they offer you some they are with one face and when you deal with them the another face will come out... not becoz somthing wrong with the company its the perfroming staff does mistake... talk with senior official ... they will definatly help you...if not go to consumers court...

TATA Indicom, Plug-2-surf internet - Excess billing