[Resolved]  TATA Indicom,MOBILE SERVICES — NON MIGRATING TO ANOTHER PLAN

I had taken a Tata Indicom connection, wherein I wanted to change the billing plan.This has been denied by the company stating flimsy reasons.
The correspondence with the company is given in the trailing mail.
Please look into this.
Kishore .P.GurnaneyImages are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from [protected]@rediffmail.com
Dear Mr Nitin,
This refers to the telecon we had today.
The summary of the discussion is that
a)You are unable to help me migrate to a plan which dosn’t charge me for services not being used by me(data connection).
b) You have agreed that the alternative plan you have offered is no different from the one being used by me.

From: Nodalofficer Delhi [mailto:Nodalofficer.[protected]@tatatel.co.in]
Sent: 08 July 2009 14:27
To: [protected]@rediffmail.com
Subject: FW: MIGRATION TO A DIFFERENT TARIFF PLANhoice but to take this forward.Regards

Thank you for writing to us at Tata TeleServices Ltd.

We acknowledge the receipt of your mail dated July 8, 2009.

With reference to your appended mail and as per our telephonic conversation, we would like to reiterate that migration to different plan can be done within the same product but migration to different product (e.g. from Data connection to mobile) is not applicable. We therefore regret to process your request.

Further, you can use this data connection for voice usage and the usage charges will be applicable according to default rating of Do More 199 plan. We are not charging any monthly rental of voice plan however you will be getting charged for the plan rental of your data connection which you have opted.

For further assistance, please

· Call us at nodal helpline on :[protected], Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
· Fax us at :[protected]
· If you are still not satisfied with the resolution given you may also contact Nodal team members Anadita Bharal at [protected] and Ilmas Ahmad at [protected] for any un-addressed issue during office hours i.e. Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM.

From: K.P.GURNANEY [mailto:[protected]@rediffmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:16 AM
Cc: [protected]@gmail.com; [protected]@hotmail.com

- Hide quoted text -

Subject: RE: MIGRATION TO A DIFFERENT TARIFF PLANhoice but to take this forward.Regards
- Hide quoted text -
Dear Nitin,

You can contact me on the following numbers

1) [protected]
2 [protected]
3) [protected]

From: Nodalofficer Delhi [mailto:Nodalofficer.[protected]@tatatel.co.in]
Sent: 04 July 2009 18:44

Thank you for writing to us at Tata TeleServices Ltd.

We acknowledge the receipt of your mail dated July 4, 2009.

With reference to your appended mail, we request you to provide your contactable number enabling us to discuss the issue and assist you better.

Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 6:05 PM
To: Nodalofficer Delhi
Subject: Re: MIGRATION TO A DIFFERENT TARIFF PLANhoice but to take this forward.Regards

Dear Mr Nitin,
Regret to state that you have not understood the problem nor have you tried to address the issues raised by me.
I will have no choice but to go to a forum which understands and addresses the issue.
----- Original Message -----
From: Nodalofficer Delhi
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 3:19 PM
Subject: RE: MIGRATION TO A DIFFERENT TARIFF PLAN

Thank you for writing to us at Tata TeleServices Ltd.

We acknowledge the receipt of your mail dated July 3, 2009.

With reference to your appended mail we tried calling you but unable to establish the contact. We would like to reiterate that migration to different plan can be done within the same product but migration to different product (e.g. from Data connection to mobile) is not applicable.

We request you to write back to us along with the contactable number enabling us to discussed and assist you better.

Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: MIGRATION TO A DIFFERENT TARIFF PLAN

Dear Mr Nitin Kumar,
Thanks for your reply.
However this dosn't solve my problem.
I am being made to pay for the service which I am not using.
I am surprised that the company has made such fine bifurcations in the services being provided ie Data connection and voice connection, while the same companies were insisting on licence fees independent of the technology being used by them.(Convergence of technologies)
My submission is that the plans should be flexible(as claimed by the companies) and user freindly.
When I had taken the connection the rep of yours had not informed me about any such differences if the same were so important.
The tariff plan suggested is no different from the one that I am being charged.
My plan has 300 minutes of free data usage which I do not use and hence would like to migrate to a plan which does not have any free data usage and has lower tariff on the calls that I make.

On the rear side of the bill I receive under the customer information area the point (A) states that "Migration to any other Tariff plan is absoluetely free." It is not mentioned anywhere that this is not applicable to data connection.
Please look into this.
I think that not allowing a customer to migrate to a tariff plan of his or her choice is unjustified and unacceptable.
Since I do not have the mail IDs of Anandita Bharal and Ilmas Ahmed I request you to forward this mail to them.
Kishore.P.Gurnaney

----- Original Message -----
From: Nodalofficer Delhi
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 5:07 PM
Subject: FW: MIGRATION TO A DIFFERENT TARIFF PLAN

Thank you for writing to us at Tata TeleServices Ltd.

We acknowledge the receipt of your mail dated June 29, 2009.

With reference to your appended mail we tried calling you on your numbers [protected] and [protected] but unable to establish the contact. We would like to inform you that migration to different plan can be done within the same product but migration to different product (e.g. from Data connection to mobile) is not applicable.

Further, you can use this data connection for voice usage and the charges will be applicable according to default rating of Do More 199 plan. You will be getting charged for the plan rental of your data connection which you have opted. We are enclosing the details of Do More 199 plan for your immediate reference.

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 6:52 PM
To: Appellateauthority Delhi
Cc: [protected]@gmail.com
Subject: MIGRATION TO A DIFFERENT TARIFF PLAN

I have a Tata Indicom connection [protected]. I want to migrate to a different tariff plan.
This has been refused by Tata Indicom's call centre (121) stating that the connection I had taken was for internet and I cannot migrate to a voice plan.I do not use internet on this connection and hence would like to migrate to a different plan.What I have read in news papers is that a customer is free to migrate to any plan including postpaid to prepaid.The reality seems to be different.Can you please resolve this issue.
K.P.GURNANEY

Comments

sir
I have stopped the connection of your service with the serial no;[protected] dated 17feb 2010 at 1145 hrs with the payment done of bill no[protected] Rs 1447 by cheque but again the bill of Rs2374 has come for the month of mar plz look in to the matter

tele com no is [protected]

thanx
with regards
date 13 mar 2010
hi sir
i hve not recived any coment pls advice and give sutiable reply
sir
above complain is again written hence look in the mater my mob no is [protected]

With respect to sat that I am a small customer of Tata Indicom
Prepared Mobile my Number is [protected].
Today I had make recharge of Rs. 100 at Rudrapur Uttarakhand TransID
is[protected] I didn’t get any amount in main balance. I got in Pool
Balance No. 6 Since I am in Rooming area i can not use this balance.
When I call to your customer executive (Mr. Shrikrishna Mahrastra time
of Call 7.45-830Pm)he had suggested me to go again to the dealer and
tell him that he had wrong recharge you top up value. He had totaly
waisted my time.(Duration 35Minuts) No results.He had refused to
provide complaint number and cut phone in between.
I simply go to dealer and told for Top up. How can he going to know
that in Maharastra Mobile is having some scheme of Pool 6 Balance.
Which I can not use in Rooming.
Please Think About this is this logically ok.

If you think it is ok then I don’t want this money in my main balance.
If you think it is ok then transfer my amount in Main Balance.

Hope for the best logical Reply, comments & Action.

Rahul Misal