[Resolved]  Uttarakhand Textime — Uttarkhand Textiles:- Free of cost delivery promised but charged to pay

I had purchased the household goods like carpet and some dresses from Uttarkhand Textiles which is at Nainital, Uttarakhand. Purchase was done around 26th May 2009
Mr. B N Roy manager of the stores promised the following thing.
1> Delivery within 7 days
2> Free of cost delivery
3>All the goods mentioned in the slip will come.

But in reality following things happen.
1> We had followed it up for more than a month but there was no response. They were only promises given as it will come in next 2 days.
2>Finally 1 day the courier people came and asked us to pay Rs 1800/- without which they will not give the courier. When called Uttarankhand textile they promised to pay the charges which they will reimbuse which has not happen till date.
3> There are several items missing from the good. Other good are in damaged shape.

Now no one from Uttarakhand textile are picking up call if dial from mym mobile or landline.
I had been calling Mr. B N Roy literally daily on his mobile and landline but he is not picking up the call.
Mobile:- [protected]
Landline:- [protected]

If I call from someone elses mobile he picks up the phone but gives various reasons for the delay in depositing the cheque in the account. If called landline from someone elses moile he picks up the phone himself but says he is not available.
The address for this stores and the gentlement I have is
Uttarkhand Textile Development Corporation
Near May Flower Building,
Godakhal Road,
Bhawali, Nainital, Uttarakhand.
3> I had called the stores [protected]

Comments

textile fabrics — not reach my post

i send a envelop to mumbai on 23rd dec from your revdi bazar post office receipt no of this cover is speg[protected]tn my party not receive this post till 12.45 pm[protected] kindly look in this matter
Even i experienced the same thing. I had bought a Pashmina Blanket Set costing Rs. 4550/- and they promised delivery within 7 days and however the parcel reached bombay in february 1st week infact we had visited nainital on 8th jan.

After the courier person came with the parcel we saw dat they had send a saree also alongwith it costing Rs. 2250/- and the original bill was wrongly calculated i.e. 4550 + 2250 = 7800 (which is infact Rs. 6800/-). This is like cheating the customers and above all they mention no delivery charges and make the balance payment wen you receive the parcel but they dont even bother to inform that we will be charged extra i.e. 5% for this.

I think i did a big mistake by getting fascinated by the things over there. however i am still awaiting the parcel from their end which i refused to accept wherein they were asking me to pay for the saree and then courier the saree back to them and then they will transfer the amount to my bank account which i m sure they will not.

I beleive the government should take strict action against this as the tourists will loose their faith in purchasing any thing even if they travel to any other place if we get such bad experiences and cheats during our travel.
I have also experienced similar attitude from the same person : Mr. B.N. Rai.

In may case, they have sent goods by post and the payment was required to be made at a higher amount, instead of what was actually payable.

Further, one saree of different make was sent instead of the saree selected by us.

UTDC is a group of cheats and needs to be closed down immediately.
I MYSELF GOT CHEATED WITH THESE PEOPLE, THEY HAVE GIVEN ME DAMAGED GOODS WHICH ARE OF NO USE, I BOUGHT A BED COVER WHICH THEY TOLD ME WAS IN SILK BUT IT IS ACTUALLY IN POLYESTER AND ITS COLOUR IS BLEEDING AND IT IS GETTING TORN FROM HERE & THERE
Respected Sir/Madam,
I had purchased home furnishing goods & dress material from Uttarakhand Textile Development Corporation, Near May Flower Building, Godakhal Road, Bhawali, Nainital, Uttarakhand on 21/02/2010 like Rajai, Saree & Bed Covers. Of which Rajai I bought from them was not up to the mark, not good in quality & I was told by them the fabric used in making of Rajai (quilt) was silk but later I found it was low quality polyester fabric. The Rajai was given to me at an exorbitant rate of 2950/- that too in polyester fabric but still after being cheated by them in fabric the color of the fabric bled & stitching of fabric came out & now the quilt is like a torn piece of cloth only after first use. I was told by company manager & officials that the quilt has 5 yrs guarantee & can be exchanged at any Khadi Gram Udyog outlet in Delhi or at any Uttarakhand Emporium in Delhi & there no need to come to Nainital to exchange if any defect found, but to my utter surprise when I visited both the places I found they don’t exchange such items & they don’t have any connections with them.
Now I lost my hard earned money & it’s a mere cheating with customer I am having bill & guarantee card with me & have phone numbers but they are not picking the phone, Now what best I can do please guide me
My contact details are:
NAVESH GOYAL
[protected]@ymail.com
[protected]/[protected]
I purchased one saree on 24.01.11, they said made of banana silk later i found it to be polyster They said i can replace it in any of the khadi gram udyog counter and 2 years warranty is there but nothing like that .They are group of cheaters along with Taxi drivers and local guide they are cheating tourist coming from distant places .We all had loast our hard earned money and cheated .There should be some action against this cheater by local police and goverment.

Sumit
sumit.be.[protected]@gmal.com
I GOT MY MONEY BACK & PROBLEM SOLVED
I GOT MY MONEY BACK & PROBLEM SOLVED
My contact details are:
NAVESH GOYAL
[protected]@ymail.com
[protected]/[protected]
Thanks to this consumer complaint forum
I had a similar experience ... Now i am also calling him every day. Is there nothing we can do against such cheats
Anjali Kadam
I also had a similar complain when I visited Nainital on 5th - 9th November 2011. On reaching Bangalore, on my enquiry, I found that all claims made by UTDC is false. I immidiately filed a complain with credit card company to make the sale in valid as the sale was done on wrongful service and declaration by the merchant. The Crdit card company(Citibank) immidiately gave credit to my card account pending investigation. Alongside, I made complains to SSP, Nainital and District Administration. Right after that I got a call from Mr Ashok Kumar- the general Manager of the store asking my back account details to refund the amount.

I am sure I will get back my money.
I will take this matter to the highest possible level to ensure that the unsuspecting tourists to such a heavenly place are not cheated by this organization any more.
Tara Prasad Mohapatra
BANGALORE
i bought one set of 1 gram gold plated bangles on 22.05.2011 from uttarakhand textile development corporation near may flower building godakhal road bhawali nainital, but bangles are not goldplated. we have been cheated. kindly look into the matter and get our money back.
s.k.agarwal:mail id:[protected]@yahoo.co.in mobile:[protected]
UTDC is a big cheat - we went to Nainital and most of the drivers purposely take you to UTDC for a certain comission that they get instead of taking the tourists to the local market. This stores claims for Fixed price and does not have any MRP price listed on any of the products. Moreover the quality is cheap as well. The price is fixed on the looks of the customers visiting the stores. Also the prices are much higher than the actual cost of the product which u can get easily from the local market. Please beware of the drivers - do not buy products based on drivers halts.
I am also one the person in this list who got cheated from UTDC. Last month 27th March 2012, I had bought 2 bamboo sarees and 2 dresses which costs 5000 Rs items and paid 2000 as advance in UTDC Bhawali, Nainital. They told that will courier on next day and will reach with in 7 days. But till I didn't received courier. I had called them for more than 5 times and they are keep on saying same word that they will dispatch today. While reading your reviews I above, Might be I will also get damaged goods if they courier else I lost the 2000Rs. Can you please tell me how can I cancel the order? If I get courier shall I take or revert it (Because If i need to take then I have to pay remaining amount 3000, If it contains damaged goods the total loss will be 5000)? How could I get 2000 Rs back? Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards
Naveen
Please mail your suggestions [protected]@gmail.com or call me at [protected]
I also had very bad experience with Uttarakhand textile corporation. They sent the items of some other variety with poor quality and charged extra insurance amount. Now getting very poor response when I call them.
Nobody should purchase any item from there. Tax driver always insisted to purchase from there which showed that he had some commission in sales.

NEVER EVER PURCHASE FROM UTTARAKHAND TEXTILE CORPORATION. THEY ARE BIG CHEATERS.
The Govt . sure knows of the Credentials that UTDC claim but in fact are not there, First of all the term/ name Uttarakhand and Corporation should not be allowed to use by just any business enterprise as it is misleading. . . and people tend to lose faith in any other genuine organisations, strict action must be taken by the police and District Administration against such fradulent business dealings by the so called UTDC, its licence to sell should be scrapped...thats if there is something of a licence they have.
and the CDO Nainital 's office is just behind in the flats of Bhimtal, how come theis UTDC went unnoticed by them ???
I am Anand from Mumbai. Same happened to me. I bought blankets from Kainchi Dham, Kumaon Textile Corporation and the bill has a telephone number [protected]. Trying to reach the number and the guy promptly replied that it is not his shop and I bought from another shop. Awaiting for shipment costed Rs.3750. Be beware of these fraudsters.
I am Parul and even I had a similar experience with UTDC shop. These shops are a total fake, do not provide the materials as promised. We had bought a bed cover blanket in the name of pashmina blanket for 7550 INR. We took delivery through post option. They had told initially that we will not need to pay when post arrives but the post man asked to pay a certain amount. Also The pashmina blanket did not contain any wool but contained low quality polyester fabric inside. These shops are a total cheat. Would recommend to all to not buy any stuff from here. We also bought other stuff which they told are made from natural products like bamboo, banana etc which was just a lie, these are just made of synthetic materials.
Here are the shop details from where we bought:
New Uttarakhand Textile Development Corporation
Shymkhet, Near Tea Garden Bhowali district Nainital (U.K.)
Hi!
28th Nov. 2019
Abhishek this side. I have purchased a Quilt so called 'made of Rabbit wool' from KTDC shop(New Kumaon Textile Development Corporation) from Kaichi Dham, Uttrakhand on 26th October 2019. The shop is owned by Mukul. It is nearby of the Kaichi Dham Temple and on the first floor of Gurukripa guest house. The issue is that my dad started using that light weighted quilt from 18th Nov 2019 as it was my parents marriage anniversary date. So, my mom gifted him that one. But by using 10 days only i.e. today on 28th Nov. 2019, the stichting of the quilt is getting torn. It is not up to the mark, not good in quality & I was told by them the fabric used in making of Rajai (Quilt) was rabbit wool but later I found it was low quality polyester fabric. So, I have been badly cheated and want my money Rs.1200 back.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other