[Resolved]  V.S.T Service station PVT. LTD. — Tata indica worst service

Complaint against V.S.T Service Station PVT LTD.
[protected][protected][protected][protected]

I am Ramesh Gopalan. I am using a Tata Indica Car registered with Vehicle registration number "TN 09 AL 5869". I left my car for service at V.S.T Service Station PVT LTD located at Main workshop 237 (Old 182), Anna Salai, Chennai-600 006 on 17th November morning around 8:30-9 AM.

V S T Service agent/attendee: Madan
His mobile phone number: [protected]

The following are the items highlighted by me to the service agent.
1. Normal Service
2. Steering becomes Stiff while starting car for few seconds and battery symbol blinks during that time

The car was supposed to be delivered by next day morning. There is a delay in fixing the car.
I picked up the car only by 18th evening. I paid a total amount of Rs.6152 (using Visa card).

No car trial run is attempted that time. I gave a good feedback in the sheet given to me even before you look at my car.

By next day, the car revealed a different noise problem and engine refused to start. After few attempts, it started. Now the stiffness of the steering gone but car itself is failing to start. My wife (Sangeetha Bhirmanandham) got a call from main Service office. She informed about the mess the car was in and the poor service.

I informed the service person (Madan) who fixed the car and told about this issue. He asked me few questions on the issue and left it as it is. By 25th November, the car was not starting in the morning inspite of few attempts. I called and ifnormed Madan on the criticality of the issue and asked his help. He also inquired about the feedback given to him and showed his uncomfortable feeling on the feedback. He promised to send someone to my office (iGate, Guindy) to fix the car during day time.

Senthil, an employee representing VST came to my office to fix the car. He worked on the car and did some fix. I paid him Rs.100 for his work. I took my car and was heading home that evening. The car stopped at the corner of Habibullah road and North Usman Road ( Opposite to Classic Corner Tea Shop). I managed to pull the car aside. Then I managed to call Senthil ([protected]) to help me out. He refused to come and gave me a emergency help number ([protected]). I called Bose VST onroad service person (Bose) who picked the phone and refused to come for help. I made a call to Senthil and told about Bose refusing to help. Senthil himself promised to come. I waited for a while. Then I got a call from Bose. He demanded that he can come only when I can pay his auto fare as his vehicle has some wiper problem. I accepted to pay for Auto.

Bose came after 30 min and pumped using a lever in the front (bonette) side of the car for a while. He checked few things and finally asked me to push the car to get it started. He told me that Madan advised him to take the car to VST workshop for fixing the issues. Then I pushed and the car started. My house was near from that place. Bose agreed to drop me there. The car climbed the new bride (that is perpendicular to Kodambakkam Bridge). After the bridge, he dropped on the road (against the street leading to iyyappa temple in Mahalingapuram). I paid him 45 rupees as he mentioned it as auto charge he paid.

I started walking towards my house at Kamdar Nagar. Bose rashly drove the car over the ridge (road seperator). The car bottom and smoke tube were smashed with huge noise. The Right side front tyre punchered and wheel itself lost is shape. He tried to move the car back and forth to get out the Ridge/road seperator made of concrete. This resulted inthe break of concrete blocks and ultimate damage to the car. I called Madan and told about this incident. His response was not convincing. I requested him to send someone else. But no postive answer from him. I was devastated to see my car being damaged by Bose. The loss is very big.

Initially all I had is stiffness issue of steering wheel in my car. In the name of service, the whole car is completely damaged and is in collapsable state now. This is not a fair at all. I need justice!!

-Ramesh Gopalan

Comments

The person who came to my office is actually named "Elango" not senthil. Anyway, he did not come for help that time.
Dear Ramesh Gopalan

I totally understand and accept the complaint and i too had some complaints against VST Motors Anna Salai Service Stations but not bad as yours..

However when i had some problems i used to threaten these people saying i would go to the Consumer Court and settle the matter in the court and once i did asked my father to draft a letter / notice (he is an advocate) and it worked well and these people bend down and did the repair work at their cost but the repair was very minor.

All that i can tell you is draft a clear letter listing all the events with appropriate proofs that you have and send them to VST Motors asking them to reply and say that within 15 days of the receipt of your letter if the action is not taken you would go to consumer forum and parelelly work on lodging a FIR with Police and will inform TATA Motors Head Office.

Try to get the Tata Motors Customer Greivance Cell Manager's Postal Address and draft a letter to him quoting all the incidents and say that this is just FYI before you approach the court of law.

I really cant gaurantee but the above should work to some extent.

Whatever Damage has to be done is done but you can get some justice.

All that i can say is i[censored] have proof for all the damage done by them (VST Motors) to your vehicle then go approach the Police Station opp to Spencers and get a FIR lodged.. Once FIR is lodged you have some chances of getting justice cos it has to go to Court of Law. Include all VST Motors Personnel in the complaint and pull them to the Police Station.

Chandra Sekhar