[Resolved]  Veterinary Service — Negligence in veterinary care

I have a dog, 11 months old. I had taken it for vaccination to The Government Super Specialty Hospital, (Vittalwadi, Hyderabad) for vaccination when it was around 1 1/2 months old. They were supposed to provide it with vaccination against a list of fatal infections including Rabies and Distemper. They gave it a dose called '7 in one', which they said was sufficient to hold the dog against most diseases. I took it to them for revaccination after month's time as they had suggested, for a second dose of various other vaccines prescribed by their doctors.

Now, the dog is 11 months old. It behaved oddly, was shivering and was severely inactive. And it appeared to me that it was suffering from stomach ache. I took it back to the hospital for check up.

None of the doctors minded even touching the dog. They just valued it from a distance and gave prescriptions that I followed for 3 days. the condition did not improve. Instead, it worsened. I took help from a few friends to take it to Blue Cross, Hyderabad. The doctor at blue cross examined the dog and suspected Rabies. She also went through the dog's medical profile, the list of vaccinations given etc., and confirmed that no vaccine had been provided against rabies, and that the dog is suffering from rabies. We are putting the dog off today.

I beg you to understand that it is not the issue of a single dog or cat. It is negligence of veterinary doctors themselves towards animal care. If vets don't take the pain to tell us what our pets are suffering from, who will? I am unaware of the number of animals that owners trust into their hands, only to realize that it is useless. They don't care.

Please do let me know, what kind of an action can be taken against such blunt negligence. Doctors are supposed to be saving lives. We cannot let them use their degrees to earn money and letting our pets die. In the end, all they say is, "we did all we could to help. We are helpless."

I really want to do something. I know it wont get my pet back. I am sure, it ll help avoid further such cases.

Thanks and regards.

Priyanka Tadipatri.
Hyderabad.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

sorry for ur pet and a ruquest to all the doctor pls dont do this with the animals they cant tell there pain and when the owner is getting the pet pls tcare and do the nursing with love and care

Complaint categoryCategory: Other