[Resolved]  Xenon Inverter — Poor service

I purchased a Xenon inverter (Xenon 650 VA Ace digital Sine Home UPS and Xenon 130 Ah Inv Shield Ulm Battery 0n 28th July 2007. The inverter developed problem in the first week of June 2009. Complain was made and the service provider of Amara Raja Electronics Pvt. Ltd., "Garage de Telecom" sent a "technician" few days later. The technician reported the battery is low in distilled water and that was the reason for the "flickering" problem. He demanded Rs. 600 in advance to repair the battery (Rs. 300 for inspection of the battery which has only 11/2 years warranty + Rs. 300 for recharging the battery). I asked the technician to carry out the repair and the ask for the money. He refused and asked us to do the recharging at our cost and left. We recharged the battery and the problem persisted. We complained again The same technician came, inspected and said the battery man had given wrong connection and that was the problem. The technician "set" the connection "right". The flickering problem continued. The technician opened the Inverter and did some repair inside. He even dropped the inverter once on the floor. After the repair he could not close the lids properly in spite "hitting" with spanner.
The inverter worked. Worked for one day. The next day when power failed (a common feature in Chennai) and returned, the same problem, flickering of tube lights" returned. We complained again. The technician telephoned and told me that there is nothing wrong with the Inverter; the problem is with the battery; I will have to buy a new battery. If the problem was with the battery, what repair did he carry out in the Inverter to make it work for one day? The service provider nor the Amara Raja Customer care do not seem or interested in providing even moderate service.
Aug 13, 2020

Comments

True .I also have the bad experience in Xenon servicing

Xenon Inverter — Pathetic service

I bought a Xenon invertor 600 VA around 2 years and 3 months. Everything was fine till the warranty period. Once the warranty period is over, I asked for AMC but they refused. Then in three months my invertor stopped working. Its around 45 days since that day and till date its not be rectified. They almost replaced all the cards inside the invertor and now they took the invertor back to them and its been two weeks. Still no solution. We have atleast made some 150 to 200 calls to them in this 45 days and I even emailed them couple of times but till date no one cares to resolve the problem.

XENON/INVERTER — INVERTER NOT WORKING

I purchased Xenon inverter and battery on 03July,2007 from Dealer (Vanabi Agencies). Since from the beginning the Battery was not working. It was giving only 10 minutes battery backup. I called up the Dealer and they gave me the service engineer no Garage de telecon

I gave compliant regularly. But they came to my house after I made numerous follow up calls.Worst service I ever received. After seeing the battery engineer complained that distil water is less in the battery that is the reason for the battery backup. When I saw the distill water level, it is only little less from the expected level. I don;t know how he come to the conclusion.I asked him to replace the battery. He and his service company promised they will replace the battery and they said they will update me later.But I did not receive any call from them.

I have spend around Rs 14000/- on this inverter. And it is not even working for 2 years.I lost all my money and the Inverter is sleeping at home with out any duty.
I have been owning a 1.4 KVA home ups for the last 3 years, lately it has been heating up and I had logged a complaint with your service centre in Bangalore for a paid service. I was allotted a complaint number # 244 dated 24th April 2010, I was assured people will come in at 2 pm, at 3pm when nobody turned up I called up the person and he assured that he will be in by 5 pm. Around 6 pm again I called and I was told that he will be able to come in next day (Sunday around 11 am). Sunday morning I was called up by the service engineer to enquire the issue and location and assured that he will be coming in by 12.30 noon. At 1 pm I called up the person and I was told that there was no spares.
I called up Mr. Sharath Babu ([protected]) for his assistance and he assured he will look into it the next day. Today 4 days have passed but no response yet.
I am convinced that I have made a mistake buying your product
I am convinced that I have made a mistake buying your product
I am adding on to my earlier comment, today is 10th May 2010. Still my efforts to get the service personnel to attend the complaint has not been successful. This is the worst customer care i have experiensed yet. Anybody planning to buy this product please don't or you will suffer if you face any technical issue, which will happen as all elelctrical/elelctronic items need some sort of maintenance at some point or the other.
Ultimately 13th May the technician came and replaced the PCB card for Rs.1020/- and the unit seemed to be working without issues. On 15th we had a long power shutdown and we used the UPS power and once the power came it went into charging mode. Exactly 30-40 mints of charging and the unit started giving out beep sounds and all the lights were on, the unit was also hot and the inbuilt fan was not working. In all probability the change of PCB has not worked. Now every time it goes into charging mode 30-40 mnts later it starts beeping and I need to shut down the unit and put it on after sometime. I have started my exercise of calling up the service centre and the whole cycle is being repeated all over again.
Today it is 19th May and still no technician has attended. I am back to square one. What a waste of time and effort and frustration.
I want to highlight one of the most unprofessional and outrageous behaviour that I experienced from xenon and amaron while getting customer services. The details are mentioned below.

I purchased my Xenon ACE with Amaron battery. But since last month my ACE UPS is not working properly and not giving suffiecint backup. Even sometimes we got only 30 minutes backup for 2 ceiling fans and 2 tubelites after full battery charge.

I logged a complaint at Delhi's Xenon Customer Care :[protected]/95. After that my place visited by a engineer.

Engineer told me that there is a problem with battery. That's why even after getting full charged battery is not giving sufficient backup. He told me that Xenon inverter is working fine, but battery need to be change (which is under warranty).

On the same Day, Mr Rajesh who is represent amaron battrey and responsible for battery change was informered about the same. But still no one visited to change my battery. I even called him and remind him many times. Every time he told me, he will visit when he got the time.

When no one visited for my battery change for more than a week, I was provided Mr Sachin number from Delhi Amaron customer care who is Amaron engineer and provide service for Amaron battery. I called to Mr Sachin but he is not ready to understand my concern. He said that he will not change the battery on any cost. And when I asked him to provide me his senior number to whom I can share my concern. Then he shouted by directly declining to provide any detail of his senior.

As a customer I was shocked by behavior of these guys (Mr Sachin and Mr Rajesh) who are representing a big organisation Xenon Amaron. This is very unprofessional behaviour I experienced from the organisation which is providing customer services. One is directly saying that he will come when he got the time and another is shouting on customer. I am not satisfied by their way of work and services.

Looks like there is neither management control, nor customer service providers are interested in doing their job. It's like no one is taking care of their product after selling to customer. That's why after more than 15 days no one came to change my battery. This is what called a slow process to handle the customer concern.

I wrote email to higher authorities about my problems, but still waiting a response from their side. It seems like the customer care department is not very professional nor management is interested to rectify the customer issues. They are working like no one is responsible for anything. For them customer has no values.

As per my experience, Xenon's customer service and after sales service are very poor and there is no scope of getting good after sales services.
because the company turned down to relace battery as certified by their technician simply on ground of not having the warranty card (which the dealer not hand over at the time of delivery)
I am also a similar victim. I purchased Xenon Jyoti 400VA and the company insta. lled it with 130AH battery and charged for it too. During servicing the service person informed that there is a mismatch, the battery would have been 100AH. This mismatch resulted in insufficient charging of the battery and he also informed that, the battery would die as the inverter is not having power to charge the 130AH battery to full extent. Later on my insistence and pursuation, i was charged and Xenon ACE 650VA sinewave unit was placed. But after little time, the 130AH battery died completely. By this time warranty was also over. Amara raja people simply washed off their hands citing warranty period. Howmuchever I pursued, there was no free replacement (even I was ready to pay a discounted price). This company is not serious in customer service and for their fault, buyers has to suffer.
Let me see, whether they take it seriously.

Mahesh Kumar DV (then Chennai) now in Bangalore
on 2 feb i make a call to sulekha .com for repairing of my inverter (xenon).
on 6th feb mr. rakesh (ph. no [protected])come to my office throw mr. pradeep (ph. no [protected]), mr. rakesh took the inverter and said i will repair it in my office at uttam nagar and we will charge rs. 1700 against it.
after three days he came to my office with inverter ant instal with battery .
but the out put of inverter was zero. than we instal the inverter in another battery but again the result was zero. rakesh said that i will repair it again and come after two days.after three days i call to rakesh but he never pickup the phone. than i call to mr. pradeep but he also not pick up the phone. after than i call his reception no.( third no. [protected]) and one lady reply that your inverter can't repair and u send your man to receive the unprepared inverter and pay a sum of rs. 500 against visit. in that case mr. rakesh also abusing me on phone . kindly consider my complaint urgently and do need full.
thanks n regards

BAL KISHAN SHARMA
Xenon is a useless battery. Customer care number[protected] is not working at all.
I have bought xenon inverter due to power flucations inverter got repair, I took service number through net and enquiry ed but not providing proper information about service I don't where is the service in Bangalore not good product do not buy this product