[Resolved]  XOOM MONEY TRANSFER — Irresponsive Customer Care

Hi there

My name is sajith cyril , i am into software development and web designing. Recently couple of my clients have done money transfer though Xoom Money Transfer ( www.xoom.com ) these transactions were canceled by xoom verification team.

Its been more than a week now and clients today complained about xoom not refunding their money back.

I was a regular customer of xoom in 2008 i have done 31 transaction in 2009 i have done 10 transactions. Me contacted XOOM to know what happened this time. their reply was

"My sender breached Terms Of Service"

When me passed this message to client they responded to xoom but now they replied to sender

"We cannot complete this transaction due to a problem with the recipient’s ability to receive funds via Xoom. Unfortunately, due to US Privacy laws, we are prohibited to disclose further information."

So now they are pointing fingers towards me and when they do that i have complete rights to know the problem with the my ability to receive funds via Xoom

I have droped to customer care though contact us form of their website https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/help?emailCustomerService=true they gave me some incident number[protected] and they will reply in 24 hours. after 2 days when me contacted xoom customer service what the answer gave me was an absolute comedy for XOOM 24 hours is 3 working days they work 8 hours a day so it will take 3 days to respond.

Me droped in again this time they gave new incident number[protected] and time frame of 12 hours , what to tell they never contacted back. now when i drop a complaint they are not giving complaint numbers

I am very upset now the clients are telling me they were ready to do by western union since me advised XOOM they did through xoom.

Myself suspect a scam and fear of money loss since xoom haven't paid back my clients

Me dont know what to do now. Advice to overcome this situation is highly welcomed

Kind regards
Sajith Cyril

Comments

You lost your money man, XOOM customer service is very bad indian customer service try to speak American English . if you listen them you will laugh its like they have something in their mouth LOL. they think if you dont speak english clearly its called american english HAHAHA poor guys
Xoom is a SCAM. I was burned by these people and it took nearly 30 days to get part of my money back. There is a really good post by a Filipina lady that has collected a BUNCH of stories of Xoom mishaps.

I used this company since i wanted to send money to my family in the Philippines for their new year celebration. This company promised a fast, reliable, and smart way to send money so i tried them out, now, i realize i should have just used western union. Here's the problem: dec. 29 we used their website to send $250 to the Philippines (= to php 10, 043). The following day, my sister texted us that they (banco de oro - xoom's releasing affiliate) only gave her php 6, 300. Our credit card has already been charged the $250 + $14 transaction fee + $8 finance charge, and still, my family has yet to receive the full amount up to now, and it's already jan. 2 in the Philippines. I called their customer service and they said it would take 3 business days to clear this, which is bullcrap because they already have my money and that money was meant for my family to celebrate the holidays. I asked to talk to a supervisor but the agent said he/she was out of the building
I wanted to post here because I was searching for xoom complaints on the net. I had been using xoom for a year now to send my fiance now wife and her family money because its sender fee is less money. Sometimes delivery took 3 days but all was ok, up till just now I saw a negative in my checking account and there was a charge for 409.99 from Xoom which I never authorized. I immediately called Xoom and reported it I also saw two other transactions that I did not authorize all made on the same day and the funds were supposed to be sent to her mother, but I know my wife nor I did this nor anyone in her family. I deleted all my bank info out of xoom. I am so upset because I think if the amount is so high from what I normally send they should have verified it with me via phone call or email before allowing it. Their site is not secure enough.

I called Xoom and they said they would send it to the fraud department, someone from Xoom called me later that same day to confirm it and he said they would do their best to try to stop the other two transaction and these were for 610.99 and 810.99. The transactions didnt stop they still came thru my bank, I reported this to my bank also so I can get these charges reversed. I submitted disputes thru my bank and Xoom told me on their end it could take 5-8 days for the process to complete. Grrrrrrrr so basically Xoom is not so good to me now and I will not use their service again.
PLEASE!!! CAN A XOOM + PAYPAL COMPETIOR ENTER THE MARKET
[protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][protected]
( i woudl pay you double the xoom rate for GURANTEED RELIABLE SERVICE

I agree xoom has pathetic poor customer service. All they care about is colleting there money.
As soon as they’re a problem you need to way DAYS for resolution. They NEVER call you back and only reply via automated emails. I does not matter small a company is. Once you’re dealing with money. Some sort of PAID EXPERT should be available 24 hours or rotate 4 of them. These Experts should be able to REFUND or fix issues. One Critical Flaw Xoom doesn’t realize... Most propel using the service are sending money for EMERGENCY, HELP, its RARELY if ever Leisure money. So with that awareness, /higher proitoy must be made to accomidate people. But their behavious shows otherwise. My insident with xoom is too long to post here. in short. When u pays xoom using paypal, if the transaction is STOPPED by xoom, there is a REFUND delay. So your paypal account DOES NOT gets the money back right away, this delay should be momentary for me it was 6 Days while i was stranded in another country (i am from Canada, and i vested Philippines)
I've tried to use Xoom a few times now but every time i do there is issues. FRom the indian call centers that hardly speak english to the bounced and constant canceling of transactions GO to WESTERN UNION. pay the little bit more but know its going to work.
AVOID XOOM like the plague. If i could give it half a star i would.