[Resolved]  yaari.com — SPAM

The website yaari.com is a scam. My wife got an invite from a friend and created an account on the social networking webite. It somehow logged into her gmail account and got all her contacts (including my email id) and sent an invite to all the contacts in her gmail to join Yaari. Even after closing her account on Yaari all of her contacts are getting reminders about her invitation to join Yaari. She has sent an email to all her contacts (many of them business contacts) apologizing for the spam (due to no fault of hers). This is very embarassing for her and even after closing her account the spam continues. To her business associates - it looks like even after apologizing, she is continuing to spam them.

Please close down this website.

Comments

The website fools us. It gives the invitee an option to uncheck the contacts. Does not show all the contacts in the invitee's address book. After unchecking each one painfully, it still sends invitations to all the contacts in the contacts list. This is stealing of private information for nefarious purposes, using a camouflage.

The Terms & Services "legally covers" the website with the words "By registering for the Yaari website…a member agrees to the Terms of Service and consents to allow Yaari to automatically send an email from the member to member’s contacts, encouraging member’s contacts to register for the Yaari website."

It does not make it clear that it sends invitations on my behalf, even after I specifically said No to such an option, by unchecking all the contacts it shows in the invitation dialog.
My Name is Lubna Nizamuddin. i warned all your yaari website team if my account will not close within few days. i will put my case in CYBER CRIME BRANCH. im from a very reputable institution and someone has hacked my hotmail id and made my cheap profile. This is a fool website and u guys are totally fail to control on this website.

If any of the emails come on my address i will forward it to cyber crime branch and they teach u a very good lessons. Clsoe this website immediately otherwise it will harm u.

Close my account immediately u are a lier, and so on. You have spoiled my image and my institution name. i m warning you to close otherwise i m forwarding all your addresses to MY CYBER CRIME BRANCH TEAM.

lubna
I am facing the same problem and mails are being sent from my id to all my business contacts, could you please let me know how to stop this?
facing so much problem by this yaari, unfortunatley i logged in once so that mails all keep on sending automatically to all members in the office, including managers. This is unforgivable to the yaari. please unsubscribe me from yaari. I want to say to yaari people that it was really worst thing. Don't do this type of silly thing as educated person.

yaari.com