DishTV

+91 11 6001 3474  [Northern India]
+91 44 6001 3474  [Southern India]
+91 22 6001 3474  [Western India]
+91 33 6001 3474  [Eastern India]

Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir (STD)

West Bengal, Assam (STD), Bihar

Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Chhattisgarh

Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa

Tamilnadu, Kerala

Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka

Uttar Pradesh, Uttranchal

Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana (STD)

All States (Toll-Free)
1800-180-3474

View More Information...

Good

DishTV related photos (655)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative

DishTV Photos

DishTV Complaints & Reviews

RESPECTED SIR
i'am alwyn d'silva i had bought a new dishtv connection on 28 july 2012. at the time of purchase i was promised one month free of the top package which consist of all da channels including the HD channels but three days of the connection zee cinemaHD has been removed and i have been told that zee cinemaHD is no longer a part of any package and if i want the channel i will have to pay seperate on al carte basis. i feel this is cheating

ALWYN D'SILVA
Aug 13, 2020

We have a Dish TV HD connection with subscription to Super Royale HD Pack , we have paid the money for the pack @ Rs 550 per month in advance till Jan 2013, Dish TV has recently (from June 21) unilaterally withdrawn 3 HD channels namely Zee Studio HD , Zee Cinema HD and Travel XP HD from the pack. When we wrote to the customer care at Dish TV they responded that since the cost of the channels had gone up they had withdrawn the channels from the pack and if we wish to continue to view them we had to pay Rs 100 PM extra and further responded to state that this had been done on basis of discrete Dish TV policy. When I continued to follow up with them restoring the channels I got response that my concern has been forwarded to concerned department (god only knows which department in dish tv is the concerned department for my concern) after repeated attempts to get response of the so called concerned department from the customer care i get a the same response from where we had started that the cost of channels has gone up .......... , then i asked for refund of propotionate cost of the channels when they were part of the Super Royale Pack for which money has already been paid , to this we got a response that we cannot get refund and that the channels had been removed from the pack as per company norms

In my opinion when we paid for the Super Royal Pack in advance with listed channels and Dish Tv accepted the money , it should be binding on Dish Tv to honour their part of the agreement.
    I ALSO HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM MY VC NO IS [protected]

I am explaining the kind of service I am receiving from DishTV. My STB was stopped functioning almost...
      We annot see the Lord Budhha Channel TV (Nagpur), request to tv channel that please add this on board and let peoples see...
      DEAR DISH TV..
      I AM A OLD CUSTOMER OF DISH TV AND I AM USING DISH TV SINCE 4 YEARS. MY VC NO- [protected]. 10 DAYS...

Dear All
      I have purchased one dish TV connection through online payment on 09/07/2012. Before payment when I ask the customer care service about the installation time they informed me that it will take only 24 hrs. But after successful payment i use to telephone them about the installation and they said it will take 3 working days. But after complaint to different persons, and mailing to different addresses today only i.e. 21/07/2012 at 3:00pm it is installed successfully. During this long period of follow-up i spent more than RS. 500.00 for the follow up of installation. The concerned NODAL OFFICER Mr. Anindya Bose and the ASE Mr. Moni Konwar were really very lazy to resolve my problem. They were running away from my problem. Even dish TV customer care service also not very efficient to resolve my problem and also they were regretting me to have register a complaint against Mr. Bose and Mr. Moni Konwar.
      The entire system is a chaos one to serve the people from North East India. Again i like to say that DISH TV ON WHEEL IS a flop show of dish tv India ltd. It is simply an advertise to make people fool and to face problems only.

Ghanashyam Deka
      Token No: 110998
      First Complaint: 91606675
      2nd Complaint: 92172586
      3rd Complaint: 92216609
      4th Complaint: 92222235
      Aug 13, 2020
      In my earlier connection also they used to have same type of fraude in the same manner
      I have a plan to buy dish tv on line, but after hearing this issue I will move to airtel

dear sir
        my name is midhun my shop name yen key sons i am oxygen retailer my id no 48702541

my proble is my recharge number is wrong. wrong number is [protected] / my orginal number is [protected] transactin id[protected] date 18/7/2012 rs 500 plse refund
        my phone number is [protected]
        wrong recharge

Dish TV — incorrect recharge

hi
        i jai parkash saini here. i have dish tv DTH connection last three year. i recharge a amount of Rs.900 on 22/11/2008 for three month. But the acount dept. of dish tv given me the renewal date on 03/12/2008. when i complaint this regard the cust. care dont take action on my complaint from 04/12/2008 to till date .i every day call them but they do not solve my complaint.
        Jai Parkash Saini
        Delhi.
        im a customer of dishtv..last time i bought a recharge of rs 600 and the monthly charge transaction was rs 189..now it shows rs 2.09 as my outstanding balance..where has my credit gone ?? iv talked to the customer care ..no help..plz help
        hi dear sir
        i am working in ICAI ITO DELHI so i have 3 conction of Dish tv so i wont recharge of dish vt so give me address of near ITO
        SIR, UNFORTUNATELY Y'DAY I HAD RECHARGED 998 RS IN WRONG CARD NUMBER. DISTRIBUTOR PASTED A WRONG LABEL ON TOP OF MY DEVICE.
        MY CARD NUMBER IS [protected]
        WRONG CARD NUMBER IS [protected]
        IF YOU CAN DO SOMETHING IN FAVOUR OF ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW, [protected] IS MY CELL # THANK YOU
        My Dish tv VC No. is [protected] in the name of sandeep patel.
        But on 14/06/2014 I have make a recharge of 320/- on VC No. [protected] by mistake.

At that time the customer care exicurive told me that they will refund the amount to my correct VC no but till date i have log complains many time but didn't get any responce from DISH TV.

Recharge Details

VC No in which I have made recharge—[protected]
        Recharge Amount-320
        Recharge Date-14/06/2014
        Recharge through- ICICI Bank portal
        Transaction Reference number-[protected]

My correct VC no is [protected].
        So request you to please do the needful for the transfer of recharge to my correct VC no.
        Transaction receipt is attached with Mail.

Please find the attached proof of recharge..
        My Dish tv VC No. is [protected] in the name of sandeep patel.

Recharge Details

VC No in which I have made recharge—[protected]
        Recharge Amount-320
        Recharge Date-14/06/2014
        Recharge through- ICICI Bank portal
        Transaction Reference number-[protected]

My correct VC no is [protected].
        Transaction receipt is attached with Mail.

Please find the attached proof of recharge..
        Dear sir /madam
        I have recharged dish tv vc no [protected] for rs 250 by online recharge on dated 11.1.2015.Transaction receipt Order no: #[protected] .but mistakenly I have recharged wrong vc no [protected]. So sir transfered my money in my vc no [protected] as soon as possible...
        I have done the by mistake recharge of 310 RS on Other vc card number. fallowing are the details of that.i have done that recharge
        online with the help of Citibank, on 03, feb 2015

1) Correct VC card number [protected].

2)Wrong VC card number [protected]

3} Contact Number :- [protected]

In 2006 I took DishTV connection, A sum of Rs. 1590/- was refundable anytime after 3 years on returning digital decoder. I have deposited my decoder in March '11 and till date I have not received my refund. Every time I query about it they say it is under process. I also came to know that there are many customers like me who haven't received their refund. It is pretty strange that company like Dish TV takes processing time of 2 years for simple refund. Infact they are simply cheating their customers.
          Non payment of Refund.
          Aug 13, 2020

I bought TrueHD from DishTV after talking to their customer representative couple of times. I wanted Tata Sky kind of recording feature where I can record one channel and watch another one at the same time. All the times representative confirmed that you can watch one channel and record another one at the same time.

When they installed TrueHD I realized the problem that I can record the channel which I'm watching which is not useful at all. I notified them in an email and they did not reply back immediately. I asked again and then they said it is not possible to record one channel and watch another channel at the same time.

I should get refund of all the charges as they have cheated by giving wrong information to sell high end services.

I hope I will get justice.

My VC # [protected]

kulvinder singh
            Aug 13, 2020

I am a dish tv subscriber from 25.05.2005 onwards under VC No.[protected] and now I opted for new HD connection. In this connection,...

Iam Bhushan Kasbekar from Mumbai and I have got installed a new HDconnection of Dish T.V. My viewing card no is [protected].I am completely unsatisfied with the service been provided by Dish TV customer service associate and out sourced agencies who has done the installation. From day one of installation i.e June 05, 2012 till date Iam not getting proper signal of any channels. I have been calling to customer care, have coordinated with the Nodal Officer (Mr. Deepak Patil), later with Area Deputy Manager (Mr. Shailesh Chavan) , Outsouced agencies (Kehan Enterprise – Mr. Parmar / Mr.Asif) who did the installation etc but till date my problem is unresolved.I email been send to the Nodal officer but till date there is no revertal nor any action has been taken. ****

Firstly they installed the Dish on 5th June 2011 but we were not able to see any channel till 10the June and in that also we were just unable to see any HD channel as whatever channels they were showing us in HD category none of were coming mentioing HD tag and when we asked the same to Customer service they told us that they shows their HD channels like that only. Also during 5thJune to 10th June their executives came 5-6times (including their 2 senior person) of which one Mr. Asif (who called himself as senior) he not even installed the HDMI cable he just put us on AV port not on HDMI1 port the same was solved when one of senior executive directly from Dish TV came on 10th June and installed HDMI cable then only we were able to see 2-3 HD channes and for other HD channels the situation was still jaise the waise...
              Also the package which we took under the same we were suppose to get all channels but when I just asked particularly LifeOK channel then their executive is telling us that the same is been removed from their platform hence we have to pay extra 25rs. When we asked the customer service why the same was not intimated us while taking the connection or afterwards that executive was not having any satisfactory answer.
              Also when ever we put call back request they keep mailing us that your number is in DND hence we are unable to call you whereas we told them to change the registered number (via phone & mail) but the same is still not happend.
              Then on 17th July due to the rain water has passed through the cable wire into the set-top box and water was leaking from it hence we disconnected the set-top box completely. We have a 3 yrs old daughter and its quite dangerous as it could also lead to any accident. We kept calling to all the engineer from 17th but no body was bother to pick up our call neither to call us back then on 19th some engineer called and on 20th they changed complete set-top box, since then we started to face new problem that every after an hour our set-top box used to get restart automatically so now they are saying that the adapter of set-top box is spoiled so they will replace the same...we are really fed up with the same still we kept so much patience whoever engineer used to come at our place we never use any bad language to them. From all this you can understand the kind of installation done at our place. And their network is so poor even the little bit of changes in climate or smaldrizzleng affect the network....

And top of this they disconnected our connection on 5th July instead of checking in their record as their all seniors assured us waiver of the lost period.

We made this complaint to Dish TV Nodal officer, DGM but still in vain.
              when we spoken with their DGM (Mr. Shailesh Chavan) he is saying that he will send the cash from his own pocket (as it is doing some favour on us) with his executive for the 15days which were lost in our service period. Then we can refill the package....

The most pathetic services I have ever seen.....in this comparison the Cable connections are always best...

Really this is the bitteexperiencece which we got from Dish TV.....and we will request please don't go for Dish TV connection as they are the most pathetic and 420 type people who just cheat people.................
              Aug 13, 2020

Last week i recharged my Dish TV Subscription twice in order to upgrade my package.My Viewing Card Number...

I have a DISH TV Connection, V.C [protected]. I am having Dish TV Connection, for the Past 3 Years Now.
                I have been Continuously facing this Complaint from DISH TV, every time I Re-Charge my Connection.
                I get my Connection Re-Charge through DISH TV Official Website.

For DISH TV, the Channels On Internet, for the Desired Re-Charge Package and the Actual Channels Received after Re-Charge are
                Different. ( Many Channels depicted on the DISH TV Site, Under the Required Package cannot be Viewed ).
                I have already Faced this Concern, Thrice with DISH TV.

I have Raised this Complaint to Nodal Officer Lever.

Initially, it said that after Necessary Signal Alterations, I would be able to see them now. ( Mail Confirmation Evidence Available ).
                Later, they would Change their Stand, saying that, Desired Channels are Not Part of the Selected Package, though I Have
                Internet Screen Shot Evidence ( shared also with Nodal Officer ), which Proves them Wrong.

Even after Repeated Follow-up, No Action is Taken either from Customer Representatives Nor Even from the Nodal Officer.

Request Action against the Organization for Mal-Practice & Cheating the Customer.
                Aug 13, 2020

I am Dish TV HD consumer since Nov ' 2011 since last two month period I noticed the sound is getting shattered when I contacted customer service he put one repaired set top box and took my set top box , once again I noticed the same problem after contacting the customer care they say this problem is linked with satellite , kindly look in to the matter and I need the matter need to be attended with competent service engineer . This is for your needful information .

R.S.Negi
                  Customer ID - [protected]
                  Mobile - [protected]

A- 20 Jogiwala
                  Dehradun
                  Aug 13, 2020
                  Still as on date the matter not attended and nither we are getting any responce from the retailer Mr Gulati at Dehradun in such it is very awkward to be customer of Such company which doesn't care for any comment from customer .

Hope company will deploy the suitable person to attend the issue at the earliest .

Yours Faithfully

R.S.Negi
                  A few days back on 18.06.2014 i paid Rs. 1000 to upgrade my standard STB to HD STB...it took them almost 10 days to literally upgrade it...and adding to this the STB worked for only one day...the next day it failed to start up...im very dissapointed...when i called the technician he cared less to receive my calls...and when i registered my complaints with the Dish TV Customer care...it was even worst...worst experience ever...even till today no one gave me a call regarding this... I am not bothered about the amount..but as a customer i expect the services to be good...well i cant take this lack of services anymore...and thinking of going for Tata Sky. Feeling cheated.
                  The worst service provided by Dish TV ever in my life. it is embarrasing to buy a product from Dish TV.
                  Set top box model #Zenega CD- 1004/iS.
                  The product is so worse that it fails in every 3 months.
                  Last time it failed in March 2015. Then we complained to this company and got it replaced from the service center for about 1000 rupees. The service person gave a warranty of 3 months.
                  InJune it has already failed when 3 months are not yet completed.
                  WHAT A POOR QUALITY OF THE HARDWARE...hahahaha :)
                  We called the call center people. They gave their own scripted dialogues and now they again want to charge Rs 1000 for replacement.
                  The consumers will pay every 3 months time the company product fails.
                  The service center people suggests us to take AMC.
                  Why should I invest 1000 for every 3 months and when the product fails within 3 months.
                  I HAVE A BETTER IDEA- "INDIAN CITIZEN SHOULD NEVER EVER BUY DISHTV".
                  Poor Quality of Hardware, Product Fails in 3 months Warranty Period. Complete Wastage Of Money.
                  The Service Charges And Repair Charges Are Too High.
                  ANY SOLUTION to the prevailing problem every 3 months.

I am using Dish TV and on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 I made a complain for my STB not working and it continuously blinking they registered the complain (complain no:[protected] and customer care said the technician will come and swap the STB to resolve the issue within 24 hours. On next day, Thursday, 28 June 2012, I got call from Pune customer service center saying that we do not have sufficient manpower today and we'll not be able to come to resolve your issue and we can only come tomorrow, Friday, 29 June 2012. On next day I called the person (Suryakant - [protected]) and he came on Friday with STB to swap and when he started the box it has the same problem as mine. Later he said he will come tomorrow, Saturday, 30 June 2012, with other box. On Saturday I called Suryakant and asked when he will come he said he will not come but I have arranged some other person names Santosh who is in surrounding area and will come by 2 PM. I was waiting for him till 3 PM and I went outside for my personal works which I had planned for and got delayed due to service guy not on time. Santosh then called me at 4 PM that I am coming to your place I told him that I am not at home right now and will be back after 4:30 PM. I came home at 5 PM and called him. He said now I am not in that area and will not come today. I had couple phone calls with the service center people and finally another person (Shankar) promised me that he or someone will comy before 7 PM. But no one came for issue resolution and meantime I got SMS on my registered mobile that the "Service request 90449510 got resolved". I am still waiting for my issue to be resolved......
                    Aug 13, 2020

I took Dish TV on 18/06/2012 (Viewing Card No. [protected], SAF No.[protected].
                      I made a payment of Rs.1625, for the equipment and installation.
                      As a part of an offer by Dish TV, I was given all the channels free for the two months, and later I could choose any available package of my choice.

Just after installation the technician asked me to pay him Rs. 100 to get all
                      English channels. I refused to pay as he was not ready to give receipt for the
                      money asked.

Now, just after two days, I see all the English channels like HBO, Star Movies etc, are missing. I spent Rs.37 + Rs. 48 = Rs. 85(2 instances), on phone to
                      contact customer service, but was told there system is down so they cannot do
                      anything in this regards. When I requested to cancel the connection and return
                      the money, as per consumer law. I was told there's no cancellation department,
                      however before going to police or court I can write an e-mail.
                      I am really not sure whats going on, if I have been cheated by the reseller or the technician or by Dish TV, but one thing I know I have been deceived.

After a series of mail to Dish TV customer service, I have been told they are happy to cancel my account but they don't refund any money.
                      As per consumer law I have right to return the goods bought within a weeks time, but these people consider themselves above the law of
                      the land. They are open to challenge the law and told to do whatever I could to get the money.

Hope, someone would read this mail and will take appropriate steps.

Kumar Maruti Priyadarshi
                      Cell No. [protected]
                      Aug 13, 2020

I have a DishTV Digital set top box(True HD+) with high def output capability over HDMI. I have been using this for over 6 months now. There have been small and medium sized issues with the set top box, but the customer service overall has been good so far. However, slowly I am seeing how greedy the company is. I had purchased a high def pack costing about 550p.m. for HD plus non HD channels. At the time of purchase, the sales agents told me this pack contains all the channels. Recently, the company has started changing its base pack without any intimation to the customer whatsoever. Since the main reason for going with this channel pack was HD channels and since this pack had all the HD channels, I went for this. Now the package has started changing and the company is asking customers to purchase add-on packs in order to get the same channels which were part of base package before. This is cheating! First there is no information given to the customers for change and then when we find this out on our own and call customer care people try to sell even more channels to me saying if you buy an add-on pack, we would give additional channels for free. The point is, the very same channels were part of the base package before.
                        Am I the only person having this issue or other people are also troubled with this ?
                        Aug 13, 2020

DishTV — Channels are changed to make more money from consumers

It has been observed that the intentions of DishTv is not to serve the consumers instead making more money. They are very claverly changing the sports channels from the subscribed package. Some time back Neo Sports/Cricket were staging the Indian Cricket matches and they removed these channels from Platinum pack. Then India went on to visit west indies then they remove the Ten Cricket from the platinum pack. Now India-England ODIs are goign to start and they have removed the Star Cricket, ESPN and Star Sports from the package. This way they making fool out of the consumers and forcing them to pay them extra to view the channels for which we already paid Rs. 350/- PM.
                        I don't know if my voice would reach to anyone and any action would be taken to regulate the functioning of DishTv to protect the consumer interest.
                        I don't believe that they strive to give best content to the consumers, look at the timings of switching off Ten Cricket from the Platinum Pack, as soon as india landed on West Indies soil, DishTv grab the opportunity to charge more and removed Ten Cricket from the pack, also as soon as the T-20 and ODIs were about to start on the ongoing IND tour of english soil, they removed ESS channels, Further CLT20 is coming in the month of sept and Barclays Premier League & Formula 1 Grand Prix of India, and in future IND tour of AUS. No wonder at the time of Home series against ENG, Neo Cricket would be moved out of the Platinum pack. Where do we see that they are giving best to their consumers? Do you think that we are paying to watch what they like us to? It is a shrewd tactic by DishTv to get more out of consumers pocket, nothing else.
                        I will give you the email id of Dish TV customer care, Just mail your concern on that email id or share your VC Number along with your complete details Like Contact Number and Address.

Email id: [protected]@dishtv.in

I have taken Dish Tv True connection in June 2012 for the channels as elaborated in World HD Package @ Rs.385/- per month, but now they have excluded the most important channel Zee Cinema from World HD Package and are asking for purchase of Ala-Cart-pack which is Rs100 per month extra to get included the above excluded channel Zee cinema.

As such now DTH Dish Tv HD pack for which includes only 5 Hindi channels is minimum Rs.385/- monthly charges + Rs.100/- for inclusion of Zee Cinema & some English channels = Rs.485/- per month.

Since I have taken HD connection under the influence that I would have to pay only Rs.385/- per month for the channels as elaborated in World HD package. Because of sudden withdrawal of channels is against fair business practices. Zee Cinema was part of HD World Package at the time of getting Dish Tv True connection so Rs.100/- per month should not be charged from me, otherwise my HD connection should be converted into SD connection under Silver package.
                          Dear Mohini,

Mohini,

did they restore the HD channels which were taken out of the HD pack from June 21, you know what i have been writing to their customer care and every time i get a response from a different person and the response that i get is the standard response that since cost has gone up they have removed these HD channels from the pack and if we wish to continue to view them we should pay Rs 100 extra for the A La Carte

I think we should file a complaint with the consumer protection forum

Regard
                          Kishanji

Recently just this month (June 2012) at the time of installation ‘Zee Cinema’ & ‘Travel XP’ were part of Dishtv HD connection World Package, but now they have excluded these channels from broadcasting to the HD Package subscribers and are demanding Rs.100/- per month extra for viewing it as HD channel other than Rs.385/- per month for the cheapest World Package. There are a few channels to view to Hindi speaking families in HD packages, ‘Zee Cinema’ is one of them. After excluding this HD channel only Zee HD (entertainment channel ) & Sony HD remains to be viewed in HD other than English channels except UTV Stars (music channel) & M-Tunes (music channel) in Hindi at the cost of Rs.385/- per month. So to say only 4 channels are available for Hindi speaking families at the cost of Rs.385/- per month. It is very unfair business by Dishtv India Ltd. Once they offer channels and then exclude them from package and ask for extra payment. This is against fair business practices. Once you have taken HD connection, they donot convert it in SD channel package, as such subscriber is compelled to subscribe for HD channels on payment of minimum Rs.385/- per month.
                            I bought a dish TV connection on 09/06-12. Till date 23/06/12, it is not installed. Generally all set top boxes will be installed in a day or two. They have given every single thing to contract. Neither their manager knows whats going on in any particular case. CHAOS in DISH TV

Email id: [protected]@dishtv.in
                            I am also having the same problem. I am a subscriber of HD Royal Pack which includes all HD channels, but suddenly a few days ago they stopped Travel XP without any notification. I am already paying Rs 560 per month which is the highest among all other service providers. Demanding more money for one or two particular channel is totally unfair. I am thinking to unsubscribe Dish TV for their whimsical decisions.

We have given request for reinstallation on 01 June 12, today 16th no body visited. Saying that cable operators issue here,...