[Resolved]  Kitsons — Rude behaviour by Store Owner

Kitson store owner at Telecom Nagar, Gachibowli, Hyderabad is rude with customers. He is not giving receipts to customers and when we ask for a exchange of a notebook which was mistakenly given by his own staff, he wont oblige. He says there is not exchange, he says he is doing business for his happiness and not for customer satisfaction. I have been buying at this store for the past 3 years, this experience has revealed that the people behind this franchise are not focusing on customer satisfaction. And if owners can behave the way they want what will happen to the quality and courtesy service for a customer. This old man with bald head is rude, arrogant and ignorant. I want some action on him as soon as possible, please contact me at the email ([protected]@gmail.com). Thanks/Rama
Complaint comments  11 Comments     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

Pros:

a) I like the variety of products these people have

Cons:

a) I believe that Kitson products pricing is above what it has to be.

b) I can see some products in your store whose MRP is blacked out and you put your own price sticker on them, wat do you say for this? (for proofs, go and check the spray cans in your store).

c) I felt the store kids/people are not trained well; they follow us or monitor as if we are stealing things from their store.

If I find any decent book store near by and if the store culture doesn't change, that would be the end of my visits to this store.

Being Humble is not being weak.
Being Harsh is not being passionate.

I wish to see the Kitson store playing fair in pricing and treating customers.
yes I endorse her views, this man has behaved rude, arrogant and totally ignorant about consumers.
I am Lt Col Y Rajasekhar Reddy the proprietor of the store.

Firstly, I feel pathetic with regards to the equality of education some of the (so called educated) people have today wherein an un-educated sales girls has to help an educated customer for purchasing a simple NOTE BOOK. The error lies with the sales staff and not with the pious educated gentleman who was cheated( Pun Intended). All the details of the book are also available on the book. Do i need to say further.

Secondly, It is written on all the bills that there is NO EXCHANGE/ NO RETURNS on each of the bills.

I remember our conversation where i agree to have said that this store/business is my passion and for my happiness. Also pl recollect that i had also said, IF YOU THINK THE TATAS MAKE STEEL/AUTOMOBILES FOR THE SAKE OF CUSTOMERS". God save.
The Tatas make these for themselves and they make the best and hence make the customers happy. That is TATA's Credibility.Hope you understand. They do not keep exchanging.

If you think talking straight is ARROGANCE then be it.

Happy shopping

rajasekhar Reddy
This store is only for high class people who come in cars and spend thousands to buy the products...these store people respond well to those kind of people who talk to them in English and mostly the people who speak in regional language are ignored. Yes, I agree with one of the above reviews that the helpers follow us as if we are there to steal the items...
This store has a good variety of items. But the customer service is pathetic even with the owners. They have archaic policies like no change / refund / no gift wraps etc.

Another example is for use of their customer loyalty card they do not even accommodate if you share mobile phone number. I was told by the billing agent that if you have the card we will honor else we will not.

I guess these could be handled a little better if they actually want loyalty in customers.

Probably they are enjoying the laurels of being the only store in proximity...
I came across this page today as I was searching the web to see if my experience was isolated. Unfortunately not it seems...this post is 2 years old (today is 22 MAy 2015 and I came back from Kitsons 20 minutes ago). Seems the guy has not changed at all...here is my story...
One of the staff members was very rude to my 7 year old and when I tried to complain to the owner, he was very rude and started abusing and shouting. Very rude, unprofessional and an absolute . He is very old and I was trying to be respectful of his age but he just kept on shouting, apparently he suffers from anger issues and has had road rage as told by his neighbours. Has been involved in parking battles with his neighbour shopkeepers too. I feel bad for the guy that he has to work at his age but he clearly belongs to the confines of his home under someone's supervision. I am not going back and will not recommend to anyone.
The store owner and the remaining staff are absolutely arrogant at the nallagandla branch. Right in front of me, those staff boys were shouting things like "she's tearing open all the outer covers" with an irritated tone. It pissed me off. I opened the outer transparent cover to check the paper quality and he says there's no need to check, the details are on the cover. They have no respect or care for their customers. Even the owner doesn't help much. He says there is no exchange policy even right after purchase. A few months ago, I saw a woman yelling at the owner that she's going to complain to higher authorities because he wouldn't accept a toy which wasn't working since the time she bought it. She purchased it only half an hour ago and the owner says that it's her responsibility to check if it's working in the shop itself. The product diversity is really good, the major turn off is the unpleasant staff. Kitsons is only going to have an unsatisfied customer base because of this.
Look at the tone the owner has replied to a genuine feedback. This proves in India customer has no voice and shopkeepers are given free hand to take ride on customer's expense. In India, because of poor consumer laws these arrogant bunch of so called business men takes customers for granted. They forget that in free market economy one credible competition can quickly kick them out of business. I support government to bring FDI in multibrand retail sector so these cheats are quickly shown their place. If they do not have empathy for customers and their concerns they should better shut shops and sit at home and let competent people run business.
What !! 'No Exchange/No returns' allowed? Clearly this is against the accepted industry norms. Exchange and/or returns is a customer right. Store owners making rules as per their whims and fancy is a dangerous trend and unreasonable to the customers.
Today even I encountered a similar situation at Kitsons, Botanical Garden road branch. I was their customer for a year and a half.

I walked in to buy a few chiselled markers along with a couple of white writing sheets of paper. As soon as I stepped in, the guy at the counter inquired about the purpose and instructed one of the sales persons to assist me.

Firstly, I know the exact layout of the store and where the marker section is. Secondly, I had to explain the sales guy what a broad/chiselled tip marker is (I have no qualms about it). Thirdly, I asked his permission if I can scribble to test the markers for which he handed over a rough sheet (that we usually see in stationery stores). I drew a small line and then proceeded to write INDIA (as in the photo) on the paper as soon as I am done with I & N, the sales guy in a very unpolite tone said - "Utna mat likho". I said, "bhai, khareed ne keliye toh aya hun, bina likh ke kaise khareed lu". He replied, "phir bhi utna mat likho". I lost my cool and yelled at him and the guy at the counter and demanded to see their store manager.

After a couple of minutes, a person turned up and I introduced myself to him "Hello sir, I am Rajasekhar" and he replied "I am also Rajasekhar" and continued " ... you are not supposed to shout at my people". I was taken back as the conversation took off on the wrong foot totally. I said, "there is no point in talking to you I guess and you just lost a customer". He said, "I am fine". He tried teaching me how to talk to his team and not them on how to talk to a customer. He also added that the sales guy is with him from the past 5 years and he knows him. He also said, "we don't allow customers to test our products. Also, you should understand who you are talking to and the other person's education, experience, etc". I said, "he should have told me up front, but he didn't." I just walked out of the store for the last time.

I am not sure if the manager - Rajasekhar - is the same person who replied above - Mr. Lt Col Y Rajasekhar Reddy then am more surprised to see such a statement from a well-learned man who spent 22 long years in serving our great country. I will be forever indebted to him for the service he rendered to this great nation. I will always respect him.

Maybe after selfless service to the nation, he turned into a typical business person where only money matters. Being an ex-TCSer. I am always proud of the values and ethics that Tatas demonstrated and the love they have for this country. I saw Mr. Reddy taking a dig at Tatas in one of the above posts. Either it is his complete ignorance/no-info about Tatas or something else made him compare his business with theirs. The fact about the Tata group is - Mr. JRD Tata is known for saying this - "What is good for my country, is good for my company". Unlike his counterpart in the US, Mr. Henry Ford once famously said this - "what is good for my company, is good for my country".

Dear Mr. Reddy, please understand that there are scores of people in this great nation who love and serve the country in different ways apart from the armed forces. No doubt, you guys stand first, but others are equally important for the nation. There is no need to belittle them.

Hope you have enough patience to read this message and hope you will take it in the right meaning.

Have a nice life ahead and Jai Hind.

Have a nice life ahead and Jai Hind.

Gachibowli