[Resolved] Swiggyt — half amount of order deducted for order cancellation

systm 33 on Jun 15, 2019
Today I placed 1 order of Rs 149, as it was taking too much time for assigning the executive I had to cancel the order for which swiggy deducted 75 Rs which is more than half of the amount I paid which I think is too much.
Swiggy guys said that the order was started preparing by the restaurant even when I cancelled the order within 5 minutes of ordering.
Only today I wanted my delivery fast but seeing no executive assigned for 5 mins it made me cancel the order.
Earlier I have cancelled 1 order without any charge deducted. But today when I was cancelling assuming the same I did it very quickly that I could not see the condition of charges else I would not have cancelled the order, because charging half of order amount is a lot for a person like me.
First of all I can't believe that the food got prepared in such a short time as swiggy guy was saying about restaurant bearing food wastage.
But if they really prepared it could have been very easier for them to serve my order to any of their other customer because the restaurant from which I ordered is having only 1 exclusive item in their entire menu.

If swiggy really want to charge an amount for cancellation they should fix a percentage 20 or 25% of order amount so that a normal person like me won't bother to afford such charges.

And for the restaurants who are having only 1 item swiggy should charge much less as the food prepared can be utilised for other orders.

I request you to strongly make them understand the value of money they are charging beacuse half of the order amount is a lot of money.

Also they can charge this amount only on prepaid orders but what about COD orders.
People are becoming victim of this charges who are paying in advance.
Also request you to make them realize that
their services are not alike to everyone.

I would like to know how they recover the charges if any COD order gets cancelled by customer.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 17, 2019
Amount refunded
Please mark as resolved
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

Swiggyt - half amount of order deducted for order cancellation

Company:Swiggyt