Canara Bank Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Jul 6, 2022

File a complaint to Canara Bank

Having problems with Canara Bank?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Canara Bank customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Canara Bank

Toll free
1800 425 0018

View more phone numbers

Canara Bank reviews & complaints page 245

I have deposited 2 of my salary cheques of Canara Bank, Bhojpur bearing nos: 575932 and 575931 for Rs. 21138.00 and 42776.00 in my saving bank A/C in PBB, state Bank Of India, Doctors’s Colony Branch, Patna on dated 07.04.2009. But till 07.05.2009 the amount has not been credited in my account. Due to this delay most of my ECS transactions of SIP, loan repayment and credit card payments are effected. Secondly, being this my salary I...

Canara Bank — CHEQUE RETURN

We have issued Cheque No. 440354 dated[protected] for Rs. 101757.00 to M/s Raghav Industries Limited. Surat. The said Cheque has been presented in bank at Surat Canara Bank Nanpura Branch and has been returned. We have informed the Banker and they assure us that such incident will not happen again. Another Cheque of Rs. 54845.00 bearing No. 440352 has been returned by same Nanpura Branch, Surat.

We are shocked to see our Cheque...

sir mujhe aapse se apne bank ke manager ke bare me kuch baath karni haI HAM apne bank manger ko kuch bhi kam karne ko khate hai to who sab se phele khate hai ki mujhe se baath maate karo kissi or se baath karo hum unke pass two baar gaye phelee mother ko mana kar diya phir mai gai to mujhe bhi mana kar diya jo hame kam tha who bhi nahi hua hamara time two hours bhi waste kar diye mera name divya gupta hai mere name se uti ke two bond aane the jis per mujhe bank ke manger ke sign or stamp chahiytha na to unhone sign kiya or na hi use form ko dekha or bonte hai ki ki mai kuch nahi karunga or phir bolte hai ki hame bank ki verification dene ke order nahi hai to iska matlab hai ki hamara uti ka check to ruke gaya na or phir kiss or ja kar baath kije or yuh bhi bole te hai bank ki repo or rules or regulations ka sawale hai batoo isme hamari kya galti hai to iska matlab hu ki kissi customer ki help na karna aap please is bank ka kuch karne mera contact no [protected]
DEAR SIR,
I HAVE HOLDING SB ACCOUNT WITH YOUR GHATKOPAR WEST BR. I HAVE PROBLEM WITH BANK AS UNDER.

1. PRINTER IS NOT WORKING FROM LAST 15 DAYS.

2.IF PRINTER IS NOT WORKING THEY HAVE NOT GIVE BALANCE.

3. PRINTER PROBLEM IS REGULARLY.

4. IF I FORCE FOR UPDATING OF PASS BOOK THEY SAY THAT WE HAVE NO STAFF.

Canara Bank — Wrong dishonour of cheque

I, Prakash Shivshankar, have got an account with the Canara Bank Arumbakkam branch. I had issued a cheque for Rs.730/- to an internet service provider for an internet connection. Shortly after taking the internet connection I got a call from the Internet service provider stating that the cheque has bounced due to insufficient funds and an argument ensued between me and the internet service provider. I insisted that I have more than 20 thousand...

I am murugesan. I have Account (AC.No.[protected] with CANARA BANK Thillai Nagar Branch- Trichy, Tamil Nadu. I used My ATM card ( Card No.[protected]) on 05.04.2009 Sunday Evening 6.50-7.00 PM in Trichy Railway junction CANARA ATM center. I enter the Amount Rs.2500.
    I can't collect Momey that time. But Rs.2500 Wrongly debited from my Account. Please Reatain My Rs.2500.
    I have complit with Canara circle office Trcihy(By phone),
    Toll frre No. of Head office
    I am going to complaint with Concern branch

Yours Faith Fully
    P.Murugesan
    I am Stanly Gnanadhas J, having S.B.account No.[protected], with Canara Bank, Egmore, Chennai-600008. I have inserted my ATM card (No.[protected]) at Canara Bank, ATM, Park Railway station, Park, Chennai on 22.04.09 at 16.34 hrs, term.12834479, record no.5882, to draw Rs.2000/-. The amount has been debited into my account and debit slip came. But before I take the cash the cash has been absorbed back into ATM machine. I have reported the matter into Canara bank, Egmore Branch to day (23.4.09). Kindly take necessary steps to credit back the amount to my account. Thanking you.
    A sum of amount Rs. 1000/- has been wrongly debited from my S/B A/C NO.15558 in the name of n.narayanasamy with while operating my S/B A/C 15558 through ATM card issued by canarabank at the 23rd june IOB ATM SASTRA BRANCH CAMPUS. i request you to kindly credit back the amount wrongly debited at the earliest. card no.[protected]

thanking you sir

n.naraynasamy

canarabank — about ATM services

i'm requesting to canara bank as i sending this complate latter for the ATM services in somandepalli
    as much as soon
    i'm thinking ATM is must in somandepalli
    it will help full to coustmers and aswellas help full of providing services

Canara Bank — Worst customer service

My father passed away last feb 09 and i tried to approach the bank to claim the money(He has the account in canara bank - Mattuthavani branch Madurai), but they did not have that claim form after two days struggle i got it from tallakulam branch then i went to the bank to collect the procedures to fill the form.But there were no proper response from the staffs so i went to the manger the next day and i followed his words, and got the signature...
      Today (04th April 2009) when I was withdrawing money from Canara Bank ATM, my ATM card did not come out of the ATM Branch of CD Block, Pitampura, Delhi

Please Block my ATM.

I could not call the toll free number written at ATM because it was not legible and the numbers written at Canara Bank Web Site were busy.

Please help.

Dinesh Parashar...

Canara Bank ATM — cash withdrawal problem

sir, today i have tried to with draw money from fedral bank atm, but transaction didnt happened, and my account got debited by 2500 rs. i have gone through both the bank but nothing happened so i m contacting u people kindly go through it, and let me know plz. i m giving my details.

my account is in canara bank (lucknow- indera nagar munshi pullia chowrah)
      ac no[protected]canara bank)
      card no- [protected]...
      I am manohar from madurai, Tamilnadu. I am having a savings bank account in Canara Bank, Tirunagar branch, Madurai. Eventhough there was sufficient funds with my account my cheque has been bounced twice. when i enquired with the manager, he said the problem was due to the recent core banking system introduced. Anyway he admitted the mistake by his staffs. the same problem occured again. I generously left the issue eventhough i paid...

Canara Bank — pension not yet deposited

I AM A PENSION HOLDER FROM EPF, OFFICE FROM GAYATHRIPURAM, MYSORE WHICH WAS UPTIL TODAY GETTING DEPOSITED IN MY BANK ACCOUNT NO 6549, IN BRINDAVAN EXTENSION BRANCH, MYSORE.BUT MY LAST PENSION WHICH WAS SENT ON FEBRUARY 23, 2009 BY EPF OFFICE HAS NOT YET BEEN CREDITED IN MY BANK ACCOUNT .MY PPO.NO.IS 58.WHEN WE ENQUIRED IN THE BANK WE WERE TOLD THAT THE CONCERNED OFFICIAL IS ON LEAVE.THAN IS IT NOT THE DUTY OF THE BANK TO GIVE THE RESPONSIBILITIES...

Canara Bank — Transanction Error in ATM Transaction on dated 06th March 09

I am an ATM customer of Canara Bank of Allahabad, Branch Civil lines, with ATM Card No.[protected] and account No. 14611. I went to AAI-DU, Allahabad ATM for cash withdraw on 06th march-09. When I operated fast cash transaction to withdraw Rs. 4000/-, system processed for a minute and display an error i.e. processed period out of time with silence mode. I have neither received cash nor transaction slip.

Later, I went to...

Canara Bank — Customer service

I am vijaya. S,

My father is holding savings account in canara bank, pallavaram brach, chennai, my father got debit card but that card has not activated so far even today. I have stepped and out to the bank for more than three times. There has been no action taken by the officer who has taken in charge of issuing debit cards, last week before, again i have approached the officer for the same issue. That officer didn’t...

Kind attn : Asst. General Manager
      Madurai – 1

Subject: Complaint letter (for irresponsible and bad words using)

My Name is S. Ananda raj, I have an A/c (no: 23494) in Canara bank- Eral( Tuticorin Dt) . 1 year before I was applied for atm card. Now also I am not getting the atm.

Regarding this matter I went to Canara bank (Eral – Branch) on last Thursday (05/03/2009) at 11.30 am. Their staff ( Kelaston Jeba Kumar) is not given proper response to me.

He said that (very sound noise) “ you have cheque bounce in ur account, we never need your account, never come to our bank, you should get out from our bank now, “ and also he told me some bad words . That time some body’s watching me, I was really upset

After few minutes, I met the Branch manager and told them the problems clearly but he has not taken any action.

Now I need justice sir, cheque bouncing is happened but employee will never use the bad words. I think you know what I am saying.

Pls take immediate action and also in future it will never happen to public.

I am waiting for Ur valuable reply in this regards

Thanks and regards

S. Ananda Raj
      Eral – 628801
      YOU R CORRECT. BANK MANAGERS TREATED PEOPLE AS SLAVES.HERE IN VEDARANIAM(NAGAPATTINAM DIST) I WENT CANARA BANK FOR MY EDUCATION LOAN .THEY BALLED ME SEVERAL TIMES .AFTER ONE YEAR BANK MANAGER SAID TO ME I AM NOT ELIGIBLE TO GET LOAN.I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY BALLED AGAIN &AGAIN

Canara Bank Debit Card — Activation of my debit card

I'am not able to access my ATM service on any Bank ATM. My card is Blocked and needs to be activated so that i can use in near future. My Account is with Canara Bank, Guindy Branch, Chennai, Tamilnadu. My ATM card Number is [protected]. I have contacted my Branch and handover some letters personally to the officers. But still i haven't got any response from them. My SB A/C number is 31629. Please reactivate...

Canara Bank Net Banking — Not activated even after 6-8 months

The service at canara bank is terrible, I have an account with Canara bank mahim branch, and i had submitted the net banking request almost 6-8 months back.. but till date there is no rever at their end..

while i was submitting the request form at the branch the manager, was most incorporative. he was not ready to provide proper information and service.. more over he was not even having the form.. ihad downloaded the form...

Canara Bank — installation of atm machine

Hii ! i am zara khan...i have account with canara bank...there are no atm machine in our place...i requested the stsff of canara bank to install atm machine in our locality at tolichowki, hyderabad....

Canara Bank — ATM card

Highly irresposible behaviour on the part of the Bank in Mysore, Nazarbad Branch.without verifying the Manager sent me packing by telling me that they are yet to receive the new card-the old card was giving me a lot of problems so I had surrendered it 3 months ago.when I was on my way to Blore the manager is gracious enough[pun intended] to call me and asks me to collect the card as he had not verified it earlier when I had visited the branch...

Canara Bank — IRCTC Dept refund amount to canara bank,but canara say no any amount in ur credit.what i doing?

Hi sir..
        This to inform you, my cancellation ticket refund money no any credit my account, I have a proof..Irctc dept has send to money in canra bank.but bank was saying to me no any creidit by IRCTC dept.but i have a full proof..I attached all documnet so plz read carefully..

Thanks:

The Canara Bank
        Complaint Section
        Chennai

Sir

Sub : Complaint regarding non-redressal of very very simple issue, for more than 3 months.

I am Ex.Exployee of Canara Bank and family pensioner too. I have a SB A/c in Canara Bank, Guindy (Chennai) Branch, in which my pension is deposited every month. This branch is about 20 kms away from my residence.

At present, I am 82 years old, about a year ago, I have undergone an operation in my hip area and hence I am unable to frequently travel for long distances and awkward step ups. Hence, I have decided to draw my monthly pension from the nearest Canara Bank Branch as Core Sector facility has been introduced.

When I approached the nearest Branch to withdraw my pension, I understand that my “Life Certificate” is not yet updated in Guindy Branch’s PC (in my account) and hence I can not withdraw my pension anywhere except Guindy Branch. However, my Life Certificate has been duly submitted to the Guindy Branch personnel three months ago, on time.

I have expressed my difficulty and inability to visit Guindy branch, considering my age, present health condition, etc., and I wish to draw from any Canara Bank’s nearest Branch to my residence.

Even though several attempts have been made to remove the remark “LIFE CERTIFICATE NOT SUBMITTED” from computer, the concerned personnel & Manager are not taking any steps regarding this. They are totally disinterested and their fingers are indicating towards each other themselves to do the job.

As you are aware, India plays a very vital role in IT Sector and technologies are improved well, the very simple matter is not yet resolved.

I have following valuable clarifications with me as :

 Due to disinterest / incapable of respective personnel of Guindy branch, am I to be punished by walking everyday in this age ?
         Whether the respective employees will be motivated at least to solve this problem in the near future ?
         The time loss, money loss and pain will be borne by whom ?
         How long I have to continuously follow this matter with these disinterest / incapable personnel ?
         When will this issue come to an end ? after my death ?????
         The respective personnel says to lodge complaint regarding their disinterest on this matter, to higher authority / anywhere and none can do him anything. What does it mean ? Where is discipline ? Will all the customers be treated such a worst manner ?
         If above indiscipline is there means, what is the meaning of Grievance Redressal Authorities & Higher Officials ? Will Grievance Cell is a believable one ? Will such behaviour / attitude is an acceptable in Private Sectors ?
         As an Ex.Employee, I have been facing such harassment & injustice, then what is the meaning of saying Customer Satisfaction & Core Sector Banking ?
         Whether this issue will be solved through legal measures / publishing in medias only ?
         As the concerned personnel are not showing interest to solve this very very very simplest matter means who will solve this ?
         Does such employees expect that we / customer have to sit and do their job in the Branch ?
         Is this matter is not an ashamed one ?

WHO WILL BELL THE CAT ?

If this issue is not resolved as early as possible, there is no other way except approaching through legal means and medias.

Hoping for the best at the earliest.

V. Subramaniam

CANARA BANK, NANGANALLUR — nON RECEIPT OF ATM CARD, LESSER AMOUNT CREDITED AS INTEREST ON FDS

We (B.V.NATESAN, B.V.SRINIVASAN, B.V.SUDHA SRINIVASAN) have an SB A/C 29976 at Canara Bank, Nanganallur. Since, old ATM card is not operatable under the new system of the bank, we have applied for a new ATM Card one year before. But we have not received the same so far. We have approched the bank Sr.Manager, Managers and officers many times and they are showing their fingers to each other, hence the desired result is not reached.. But till date we have not received the ATM Card. We have submitted one more application for ATM Card on 06.09.08. For that also no response. The abovesaid bank authorities are not contacting the ATM Card issuing authorities Bangalore for finding an immediate solution. We are the suffers for the past one year without ATM Card to operate the account while purchasing, or even to pay money to the hospital on emergency. There are transaction in lakhs on the above said SB A/C and we find it very difficult to operate the account in the absence of ATM Card. Hence, the opinion falls on he mind of the customer whether to hold the account in the bank. You are therefore requested to take necessary action to issue the ATM Card at an early date.

1. The following FDs are earned only lesser interest:
        (a) Name of the Depositor : B.S.Hariramanan (Minor)
        S/o B.V.SRINIVASAN
        (b) Amount of Deposit : 5 Lakhs
        (c) Date of deposit : 2/1/2007
        (d) Date of Maturity : 2/1/2010
        (e) Period of deposit and % interest: 3 yrs @ 8.5%
        (f) FD No. : FD/01/012193
        (g) Interest credited to SB A/C : 43835 (Quarterly)
        (h) Pre closed on : 13.8.2008
        (i) Problem to be solved from the above : interest credited even less than 7% even after deducting Income Tax from the principle mount on maturity.

2. (a) Name of the Depositor : B.V.NATESAN

(f) FD No. : KD/[protected]/1
        (g) Interest credited to SB A/C : Cumulative
        (h) Pre closed on : 25.8.2008
        (i) Problem to be solved from the above : interest credited even less than 7%

The above two deposit matter are also been informed through representation and through statement. The bank authorities are met many times but I have got no response from them. Hence, it is requested that the same may be looked into and reply may be sent to may email id [protected]@yahoo.co.in at an early date.
        Dear Chairperson,

I have deposited amoutn of 2, 60, 000/- Two lacs and sixty thousand in Canarabank, Jayanager, 4th T Block, Bangalore on 18th May 2009. till now the amount is not credited to account 33305. Who will help us in this. If we ask that so called manager, he is of no use.
        dadfgasd asfd as asf asf asf asf asf asfd
        Dear Sir

I am an account holder in Nanganallur Canara Bank from 1974 onwards and in my family everybody
        has a savings account. (myself, my mother, my wife, my daughter and my father who is no more and still that account is operated by my mother and my wife).

My Account No is 4033 and my name is J Viswanathan, my mother's account no is 1626 Mrs J Radha,
        my father's account no is 23518 Late Mr M V Jayaraman, and this account is operated by my mohter and my wife - Mrs J Radha and Mrs V Rajalakshmi. My Wife's account no is 22179 - Mrs V Rajalakshmi and my daughter's account No is 33907 - Ms V Hasini.

You should be observing that all these accounts has been a very very old account, and we had good
        relation ship with all the previous branch staff. We know this particular branch for the past 30 years when we stepped into Nanganallur, and the old officers were kind enough to us and the courtesy was good.

Today the service is very worst and the behaivour of the personnel is very very bad, and the branch staff are informing us, if you want to continue your account, continue, or otherwise close it, the service will be like this only. How dare a branch official informs this.

Today my daughter has approached the bank for entry of the pass book, she has been scolded by one of the branch staff, and she had come crying to the house, and again my wife has gone to the branch, and then also they have repeated the same thing. I dont know how the relevant branch staff can behave rude with female account holders.

I would request you to kindly check up the same with the particular branch and the manager, and get me a letter in reply, or otherwise I am not all willing to continue the following accounts with you, we will close the same immediately and inform the matter to Reserve Bank of India.

I hope that my mail will receive the attention of the concerned branch manager, and give me a reply at the earliest.

J VISWANATHAN

9th March 2010.
        Hello TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN..

its been very pathetic and sad to say that such a reputed so called CANARA BANK, has still not been able to resolve a simple and small issue of credit back of Rs. 4000.00 debited to my account in the process of AMOUNT NOT DISPENSED at ATM.

Of course i withdrew it from CORPORATION BANK ATM, using my canara bank debit card. This so happened on 23rd febuary, 2011. Would it take such a long time for a bank to reverse this amount.

Has any of the Employees, empathized the my plight of running around several times to the Branch at Kalidasa Layout Bangalore.

Today when i called the bank, all that i get as an answer is your application is filed, have not received any approval from HO. What nonsense is this ?? ( sorry for my language) In case i hurt you, realise REALITY HAS STRUCK you and your so called esteemed Banking Organisation.

Its high time you take necessary action in not ony solving my issue but in resolution of the whole system for a smoother banking, and happier customer content.

CASE ID # 40 Kalidasa Layout Branch, Canara Bank, Bangalore [protected]@gmail.com

Shankar
        In line to above complaints, I would like to add in that Shri Deepak Saxsena, Branch Manager of Canara Bank, Zero Road, Allahabad (U.P) has clearly given his view that as a Branch Manager his services is only and only for VVVIPs or for the customers who can bribe him. For a very small service request he get very diplomatic and has a one line statement " i cannot do anything" ” do what u can do”. The situation is worse when senior citizen of his fatherly age approach him. Understanding the physical limitations of the citizens he shows the way outside his chamber. To add he is the only branch manager who never bothers to look into the genie of the individual and enjoys the AC of the chamber. Not disclosing the matter is one of the fear that I am not disclosing the problem being faced by my family ( all are holding account in the bank) as it is very much likely that he might roughen my plea. Shri Deepak Saxena is not fit for the chair.
        1. Pay & Accounts Officer, Central Pension Accounting Office, TRIKOOT-2, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066.
        2. Chief Manager, Canara Bank, 8th Floor, Pension cell, 38, Ansal Plaza, Nehru Palace, New Delhi

Sub. : Less calculation of family pension at old P.P.O.
        *******
        I am very sorry to communicate that my grievance with regard to incorrect calculation of family pension has not yet been addressed. However, I am reproducing the facts below:

“My husband Late SH. SRI KRISHAN SHARMA was a Central Govt. employee and had been drawing pension from your Bank ( Branch-Najafgarh, New Delhi-10043) after his retirement on 31.05.2006. Unfortunately, he passed away on 15.11.2010. Being spouse of the pensioner, I started getting family pension at enhanced rates as mentioned in the revised P.P.O. dated 15.01.2010 . The family pension at enhanced rate is entitled to me till 14.05.2013 and thereafter I am eligible to get family pension at normal rate till death/remarriage.

In the above context, I got family pension at enhanced rate as per revised P.P.O. till January 2012. From the month of February, 2012, my S.B. A/c is credited with amount of family pension at enhanced rate which is calculated on the basis of pension rates mentioned in the pre-revised P.P.O. (Old P.P.O. dated 28.06.2006). “

The action is still awaited despite my written request and repeated visits to your bank. You are, again requested to kindly look into the matter and restore my family pension at enhanced rates as per revised P.P.O. with the amount of arrear of family pension.

Hoping for an early action.

(SANTOSH SHARMA)
        S.B. A/c No. 4333 P.P.O. No.[protected]
        Present Residential Address : C-18, Vijay Park, Naya Bazar,
        Najafgarh, New Delhi-110043.
        Mobile No. [protected]

Canara Bank — ATM Cum Debit Card

I, S.Muralitharan R/O 362, Airlines Apartment, Plot-5, Sector-23, Dwarka, NewDelhi-110075, have lost my debit cum ATM card Number ************3341 on 06 th Feb 2009 between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM.
          Please block my Debit card on Savings Acc no:[protected] on Canara Bank, Vikaspuri Branch, Newdelhi-110018....