Indian Railways

Mobile:
Mobile:
2014

Load

Indian Railways related photos (1515)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews

SATNAM SINGH
I boarded on 2317 Sealdah Amritsar Akal Takth from Asansol to Beas on 7th jan '09 and I got the seat no 60, 62, 64 at 3rd AC it was last seat near to door, I found that there is no restruction for anyone(people, beggers, vender) for passing the coach from one end to another. For the safty sake its very dangerous, attender openen the connected door at 6 am, most peoples from another sleeper coaches come for recharging their mobile, and using toilets and make its worse. its make the journey very disturbance. so i think there is no use of spending more amount for journey in AC class when there is no safty and comfort can provided by indian rail. regds satnam
Ref: our Ticket no.24331011, PNR NO.[protected], Dt.23.6.2009

Since we really appreciate all steps that are taken by the Railways for improving conditions in trains and ensuring the satisfactions and, more importantly, the safety of passengers we deem it our duty to bring to your notice all the harassment we faced on the Jagannath Express on the night of June, 23 when we were going to Puri from Balasore witness the Rath Yatra and inaction of the railway and R.P.F. staff who did not respond to our appeal for help.

When the train reached Bhadrak station there was complete chaos as hordes of youth ticketless travesser invaded the sleeper compartment and forcibly asked passengers with bonafide tickets and reservations to vacate seats so that they could sit comfortably. In our compartment S 13 we were abused and ill treated by about 25 to 30 young hooligans. It was a nerve-wracking experience for all o[censored]s. At that time I managed at Jakhapura station to put through a call to Cuttack station enquiry No.[protected] and requested that R.P.F. and police staff be alerted to take action at Cuttack but nothing was done. When the train reached Cuttack but nothing was done. When the train reached Cuttack it halted for over 20 minutes but no action was taken even we went to the enquiry and lodged complaints personally.

In fact Sir, we found that the railway staff are grossly indifferent to such appeals for help and allow all types of miscreants to harass passenger in a shameless manner. We are deeply aggrieved and we pray that some action is taken after proper inquiry and fixation of responsibility.

We also feel during Rath Yatra time R.P.F. staff must be provided in more than full strength in all reserved compartment to deal with hooligans particularly at Bhadrak to Jajpur Road railway station.

We will be really happy if action is taken and in future other passengers do not face the harassment and trauma we had to face.

Thanking you.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,
For
Ref.- PNR No.[protected] dtd.28/09/09
On 28/09/09 I travelled from Ghy to Bolpur by Saraighat Express(Train No.- 2346) on A.C. 2A and my two Tickets was on RAC (Berth no. 45).I was travelling along with my wife and daughter.I do astonish to see how a train can start from Guwahati Station without a T.T.E. throughout the Train.No T.T.E. found till NJP Station, but with that T.T.E. no chart was available as no-body handover the chart.So, from Ghy to NJP though seats was available but as no T.T.E. was available so we had to travell by sitting on that sit only and after that as no chart was available so up to Bolpur I had to take the pain.I had made a writted complain also (Book No.-168, N.F.- SN 86, Serial No.13 dated.-28/09/09). You are taking money from the passenger but why you are not giving the service. I want that you have deduct the money from the T.T.E.s who were absent and I had to bear the pain and have to return to me.If you give punishment to those T.T.E.s then I will feel that these type complain has value.

RAILWAY RPF — RAILWAY RPF INACTION

ON 03.12.2010 WHILE TRAVELLING BY SEALDAH DURANTO EXP (TRAIN NO 2260 TICKET PNR NO [protected],COACH A2,BERTH NO 43 & 45) TO KOLKATA MY WIFES LADIES PURSE CONTAINING VALUABLES (WORTH APPX Rs.70,000/-) CONTAINING JEWELLERY,CASH,MOBILE,KEYS,SPECTACLE WAS LIFTED WHILE BOARDING THE TRAIN OR WITHIN THE COMPARTMENT.DUE TO SHORTAGE OF TIME BEFORE DEPARTURE OF TRAIN ,INCIDENT COULD NOT BE REGISTERED AT NEW DELHI STATION RPF BUT SAME WAS REGISTERED WITH TRAIN MANAGER(COMP NO 600714 DTD 03.12.10). AT SEALDAH ALSO FIR WAS LODGED WITH SEALDAH GRPF COPY TO NEW DELHI GRPS( FIR NO GDE 252 DTD 04.12.10) ATTACHING COPY OF TICKET,TRAIN MANAGER COMPLAINT .AT SEALDAH I WAS ASKED TO ENQUIRE THE STATUS OF FIR AT NEW DELHI WHICH THEY WERE TO SEND TO NEW DELHI WITH THEIR COMMENTS.
ON ARRIVAL AT NEW DELHI ON 12.12.2010 ON QUERRY ABOUT THE STATUS OF FIR I WAS TOLD THAT SAME IS NOT YET RECEIVED BY THEM.
THE RAILWAY RPF IS REQESTED TO INVESTIGATE THE INCIDENT AND RETURN THE BELONGINGS OR COMPENSATE.

Complainant3820834
    This is the complaint againts the Booking Clerk Mr. AzaguMani, Passenger Reservation Booking counter at Kodaikanal.

I went to reservation counter and first greeted him with due respect and submitted a neatly written reservation form with station code.
    He throwed on my face and asked me to write full station name, not the station code. I smiled and obeyed his order and wrote another form and gave it to him.

He shouted at me saying that just for 345 KM ( from KQN to JTJ) you are making a reservation. You are not a passenger and he cursed his job that for passenger like me he has to do reservation and use a computer. He advised me to go in general coach. I slowly explained him it is 7 hours travel that too during night time and I am with two daughters. After much difficulty I had to hear a lot o[censored]ncultured and uncivilized words from him and on repeated request he made reservation and gave the ticket. I was very much ashamed by his treatment infront of my wife and two children.

I work as a Lecturer and I know the rules of railway. He treated me like this, then I wonder how he would treat with other fellow passengers who seek help in knowing train name, station code etc.

I strongly object the existence of such people who sitting in a responsible place and treating other public so illy.

I request the authorities to take severe action againt Mr. Azagumani, Booking clerk at Kodaikanal reservation counter. I am prepared to appear before an enquiry if needed.

Thanking you in anticipation.

H.FaheemAhmed
    35/16 Neeli Field Mosque Street,
    AMBUR-635802
    Tamil Nadu.
    Phone : [protected]

Indian Railway — Missed my Flight due to Delay of Train [Resolved]

Amit Kumar Singh
      I have booked my Ticket in a train No. 2455(GHY Delhi Rajdhai) for 31Dec.08 . from KANPUR to DELHI .the...

D.K.Santosh
      Dear friends,

I had seen full railway site I find no complient box in the site?

My question is

Railway is working since long long time and when I see the railway site I am surprised to see that there is no complient site. Where to compleint then.

Santosh
      This happened on 24th Jan at 9 PM. I had come to drop an acquaintance at the Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station. The acquaintance was to travel in the Island Express from Bangalore to Kanyakumari and had a confirmed ticket.
      I wanted to take a platform ticket for myself. Firstly there were no machines to generate platform tickets at the railway station. Secondly there was a huge queue in one counter, folks who were travelling by the Tirupati Fast passenger and so many other trains as it was a long weekend.
      I had to stand for 20 minutes to get a platform ticket and I asked at the counter as to why the other counter was closed. The gentleman at the counter told me to make a complaint which is why I'm making this complaint. He again said: "Dont ask me anything, if you have guts make a complaint".
      Why didn't the other counter operate that crowded Saturday evening in Blore cantoment railway station.
      I m writing this complaint on behalf of my client MRS. LINDA KREADEN .Plz act on complain as soon as possible.
      complain------she was travelling from ORCHHA to BHOPAL in first ac on 7 mar. on train 2002. Not happy with carering staff asking western travellors for tips & not nationals. Her seat no. was 9.
      staff name was CHURAMANI.

PLZ TAKE ACTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE & CONTACT ME ON MY E-MAIL;

THANX!!!

I have received the following reply from TDR. I am sending the same for your ready reference. when will give you my refund? Please confirm to me immediately otherwise give us the telephone no. of CCM Northern Railway.

Ajay Chaturvedi

----- Original Message -----
      From: TDR
      To: Ajay Jord ; [protected]@bol.net.in
      Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 6:26 PM
      Subject: Re: PNR Number [protected]

Dear customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly note that your refund case of PNR No. [protected] has been forwarded to CCM/Northern Railway on dt. 13.01.09. Refund yet not received from concerned railway, so we are sending a reminder with all the papers pertaining to your refund case to concerned railway on dt. 11.04.09 to chase up the cases. As soon as refund, if any, received it will be credited to your card account..

Ved Prakash

Ph:[protected]

Ajay Jord wrote:
      This is to inform you that I was booked an above ticket for Ludhiyana. Train was late more then three hrs. So I have canceled through TDR. Your TDR detail given as below: Which was see on IRCTC site on today.Payment did not maintain in your detail.

Kindly arrange the payment and transfer to my credit card a/c.

Ajay Chaturvedi

JORD ENGINEERS INDIA LIMITED
      243 UGF KAILASH HILLS, NEW DELHI
      TEL.[protected] FAX[protected]
      Email: [protected]@jordindia.com, jord.[protected]@jordindia.com
      sir main Md. Rafique Alam. Aaj main Katihar se Chandigarh jane wala tha lekin train kaafi der tak nah
      aane ke kaaran main enquairy office main poochne gaya officer ne kaha ke chup chap baithay rahoo
      jab train aayegi chale jana. main baithe intazar 2 ghante tak karta raha. Phir poochne gaya tu usne kaha ke guwahati main boom phat gaya hai isliye train nahi aayegi. Tu main counter per gaya ke sir
      yeh tiket cancil karna hai tu booking master ne kaha ke jiske paas ticket banaye hoo wahan jawoo.

Mein kai din se lagatar tatkal booking karne ke liye 8 baje jaise hi internet kholta hun to 8 barkar 2 minute per dekhta hun ki yadi train mein 216/ 280/ 100 etc. tickets available hein to ve 8 bajkar 2 minute per khatam ho jati hein jabki railway ki sabhi windows per 8 bajkar 5 minute per kam shuru hota hei. Aisa keyon hota hai keya ticket window clerk in tickets ko black karte hain ya phir bare adhikariyon ke isharon per inhen chalna parta hai.

Aisa bhi nahin kaha ja sakta ki internet se loag book kar lete hain, internet se book karte samay subah kam se kam adha ghanta to service unavailable dikhata hai.Ise shayad yah kaha ja sakta hai ki railway ki revenue barane ke sath sath sabhi staff bhi apna revenue barao hum tumhare sath hai darna nahin.

Lalit Sachdeva
      Q-46, Sector-12, Noida
      Mob: [protected]
      Ph: [protected]
      i was traveling in saurastra express on 3/3/10 with my family.near vapi one man came with all seat no.charts asks for lunch.most of passengers booked food.when payment done the man told i will come and give back your money. and he never came.he served the food in valsad.how these people are getting entery into railways.all railway force are travelling here there for collection of money from vendors.i gave rs.200.for food, he also told me that rs.60. you will get but not returned.these type of cheating complains nobody listen.what to do.and most surprising that the man is serving frequently in trains. railway do not have time .
      thanks
      om prakash
      new civil, ahmedabad.
      [protected]@gmail.com

Indian Railway GRPF Bhubaneswar — FIR not registered by GRPF [Resolved]

AABDUL AALIMA
        Today 08-01-09 i was coming from Howrah to Bhubaneswar by 2821 DHAULI EXP Coach No 1 Seat no 17 along with my bag containing

Railway — Pension [Resolved]

Oddi Suryanarayana
        I was retired from Railway Service w.e.f. 30.06.08 and opted to draw my pesnion from SBI Garividi Branch (4827) Vizianagaram...
        Complaint comments  Comments  (3)

ravi shekhar
        I was coming from Mumbai to Tatanagar by Gitanjali superfast in AC3 Tier dated 29th Dec. 2008.
        Coaches were so dirty (interrior as well as exterior) that it was not looking like AC coaches. There were side middle birth provision in which seatting is pathetic and it was creating problem to other people in the compartment to sit.
        After paying good fair, I expect railway to improve upon cleanliness of coaches and hygine factor must improve. The coach B1 was so old that it was looking unsafe and very dull in apperance. I request railway to look into the coaches maintenance and painting technology. It should shine as India shining. Third point is pls remove all side middle births provided in EXp./ Superfast trains from AC coaches because after paying this much of money passangers expect good airy space as it were in the railways. Otherwise refund the amount to sufferers.

Thanks.
        I am traveling from Adilabad to Vijayawada in krishna exp on 15/8/09 in 3tier a/c in that i had identified some rats in a/c compatment.in a/c coach there is no maintance i felt so uneasy so i request authority to maintain clean.we are paying 823/- from adi-vij but there is no cleanleness

Rachana Dixit
          Dear Sir
          On 21-11-08, My husband had tried to book e-ticket for himself and myel[censored]nder tatkal scheme due to death in my family.Due to some technical problem in the web page of IRCT.CO.IN.It closed down and there was a message that login session expired and relogin.He logged in again to book the ticket . When he went to take the print out . He came to know that 4 tickets had been booked.When he tried to cancel the 2 tickets, he got the message thatTatkal Ticket can not be cancelled.He spoke to Customer Care person and also wrote email but so far we have not received any favourable response from them.Kindly look into the matter and provide your assisstance in getting our money refunded. I'll be thankful to your website.Details of our ticket is as follows:
          Train No:4258
          Train Name:Kashi Vishwanath
          Travelling Date:22-11-08
          PNR NO:[protected]
          It happens many a times that, due the heavy traffic on the server, before the e-booking is completed irctc server shows timeout. In this case the user has to login again.

Though Railway authorities says that one should verify booking before making booking again, but those who are rarely using the system, above error may occur.

In this regard my opinion is that :

Railway should reject duplicate booking at the server level itself, in case all the particulars matches. This facility is available in some of the private booking sites.

In genuine cases, the railway should consider refund of such tickets.

datambe
            On[protected], we booked 4 tickets PNR number[protected] from Bhopal to Nagpur in Kerala Express for journey on[protected]. Although more that 100 berths were available on that date, we were allotted berth Nos. 8, 16, 24, and 32, that is, in 4 different coupes, and all upper, although one of the passengers is a 77 year old lady. Could anyone please let us know why?
            Simply because this is a slum dog country where more than 100 people are cramped into a coach like filthy pathetic animals. No other reason. slumdogs dot wordpress dot com

RAJEEV KUMAR MISHRA
              MY PARENTS WHO ARE SENIOR CITIZEN WERE TRAVELLING BY SWANTRATA SENANI (TRAIN NO 2561) ON 01/01/2009 FROM DARBHANGA TO NEW DELHI IN AC COACH (A- 1).
              BIRTH NO 25 AND 27 (PNR NO [protected])
              MY MOTHER'S HAND BAG WAS STOLEN INSIDE THE TRAIN AT NIGHT. IN THE MORNING SHE COMPLAINED TO TRAIN ATTENDANT AND TTE(MR. UPADHYAYA) BUT THEY DIDNOT REGISTER THE COMPLAIN .
              1.IF THEFT CAN OCCUR IN AC COACHES WHAT COULD BE THE STATUS OF GENERAL COACHES.
              2.WHY SHOULD WE PAY FOR AC COACHES WHEN THERE IS NO SECURITY EVEN IN AC
              COACHES.
              3. WHY COMPLAIN WAS NOT REGISTERED INSIDE THE TRAIN.

REGARDS
              Respected sir,
              I am biswajit ghosh, i went to bhubaneswar on 02/04/2010, i am unenploye, when i reach to the station, i known that there is no train for going to puri, after some time i listine that one late train is arriving platfrom number 4. that is rourkella puri passanger train, also ask to the RPF, sir is it to late night TRAIN is there any problime? the said no u can go easly, after some time at the khurda station i take tee from IRCTC agent, but i lost my money 50000, mobile3220, chargers, my numbers is [protected], my question is that where is our safty at night train? why they Rpf/ Railway staff no asked that an unsensable persion wherw are you craing and what happen? i know everythinh is vain, nothing happen anything, but one thing where is passanger scequarty at night? why orissa police not accept my complane? why he said to and lodge comoplane dairy either bhubaneswar or khurda station? how shall i get right judgement? either sucide or suffering?

Indian Railway — Poor service

Vijaykumar Menon
                Railway publicises day in and day out that 139 is all purpose customer care number and all information will be available from...
                Complaint comments  Comments  (29)

Om Prakash Verma
                To,
                Railway minister,
                Indian Railway,

Respected sir,

I would inform you that, I omprakash verma, purchase a ticket from booking clerk, for DILDARNAGAR JUNCTION to PATNA, After that i got a train for PATNA.When the train arrive for patna, that time Ticket cheker, cheque my ticket and fine charged on me Rs. 259.
                sir, what my fault here, incase of, I have already purchased ticket.

TICKET CHEQUER: told me that, this is a super express train,

I want to say that, If "SUPER EXPRESS" train was standing on the platform then, why should booking clerk given me "EXPRESS TRAIN" ticket. and I also want to know that, what a different between SUPER EXPRESS TRAIN & EXPRESS TRAIN.How people visually distitnguish it.

This matter was done on with me,
                At MAGADH SUPER EXPRESS, TRAIN NO.- 2402, FT NO.- B048953, DATED-27/12/2008
                (Note- I also given written complain at patna juction, complain no.464/27.12.2008/18.30, But I dont get any responds till now.)

Yours Faithfully,
                Om Prakash Verma,
                Qno.-146/2/3,
                Chhota Govindpur,
                Jamshedpur- 831015
                Jharkhand.
                Mob.# [protected], [protected].
                The Railway Minister,

I got a ticket from tirupathy to erode in general. Due to heavy rush, i forced to get into the reservation coach. TTR asked me and charged 320.00 rupees fine and extra fair. but the ticket only of 70.00 in general. Even the reservation coaches are all free so only i got enter into reservation but treating of ttr and special squad persons were cant explain. i kept my ticket safe till now, so kindly tell me the procedure for enter into reservation and penalty charges. My suggestion is to kindly get the penalty charges based on the actual ticket and as a tax payer why i given to money to some persons like ttr and special squads unnecesserily. kindly do mthe favour.

Thanking you,
                Harikumar.P

Mauleshkumar Rameshchandra Patel
                  Dear Sir or Madam

Please see my below data
                  Which is showing that from last more then 200 days I am not getting the refund of e ticket- cancellation done due to train late?
                  When I reach at Borivali station, Bombay at 7.15 am on 09/06/2008, we found the train is delay
                  and will came at 00.35 on 10/06/2008, =17hous and 20 min due to problem in rajasthan
                  please see the data below and help me

Dear Mr.laluprasad yadavJI- Rail way MinisterDear SIR, PLEASE ARRANGE TO SEND MY REFUND AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE=20+31+31+30+31+30+27=200 DAYS= 200*24= 4800 HOURS=4800*60=288000 MINUTSI HAD WROTE FIRST MAIL ON 10/06/2008, - FOR THAT PLEASE SEE AT THE LASTIN THIS MAILMaulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:
                  Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
                  I am try to talk with Mr. Bharadwaj and Mr. Iswarsing on[protected] number every day but nobody lifting the phone any time, this no. and name is given by[protected].I think you are great people then god, God Blase you
                  Best REGARDS,

Maulesh R Patel - [protected] - TALK FREE NUMBER
                  --- On Tue, 12/16/08, Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:From: Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com>
                  Subject: Fw: [Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation #8325] AutoReply: Fw: Re: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of e-ticket-11th reminder
                  To: [protected]@irctc.co.in, [protected]@irctc.co.in, [protected]@irctc.co.in
                  Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 11:38 AM
                  Dear Mr.Shobhakant Singh

Please do something

--- On Wed, 12/10/08, Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com>
                  Subject: [Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation #8325] AutoReply: Fw: Re: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of e-ticket-10th reminder
                  Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 3:49 PM

--- On Mon, 12/1/08, Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com>
                  Subject: Fw: Re: [Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation #8325] AutoReply: Fw: Re: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of e-ticket-9th reminder
                  Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 5:04 PM

--- On Wed, 11/26/08, Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com>
                  Subject: Re: [Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation #8325] AutoReply: Fw: Re: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of e-ticket-8th reminder
                  Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 12:53 PM

TDR NO.[protected], This no line as per your mail it is fax no. and always coming angege and if not then no bady attanding.CAN I KNOW YOUR ANSWER?

--- On Mon, 11/24/08, IRCTC Care Mail Distribution <[protected]@irctc.co.in> wrote:

From: IRCTC Care Mail Distribution <[protected]@irctc.co.in>
                  Subject: [Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation #8325] AutoReply: Fw: Re: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of e-ticket-7th reminder
                  To: [protected]@yahoo.com
                  Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 3:15 PM

Greetings,

This message has been automatically generated in response to the
                  creation of a trouble ticket regarding:
                  "Fw: Re: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of
                  e-ticket-7th reminder",
                  a summary of which appears below.

There is no need to reply to this message right now. Your ticket has been
                  assigned an ID of [Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation #8325].

Please include the string:

[Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation #8325]

in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue. To do so,
                  you may reply to this message.

[protected][protected][protected][protected]
                  you are great ?
                  can you reply me ?
                  can i know the lalu prasad e mail/phone no/mobile no. ?

--- On Thu, 11/20/08, Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of e-ticket-5th
                  To: [protected]@yahoo.com
                  Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 1:38 AM

Dear Customer,

Thanks for showing interest in our site. Kindly note that we have forwarded
                  your case to railways for the TDR process. Railways check all the matters and
                  decide what amount should be refunded and this all process takes 90 days or
                  more. Once the railways refunded your amount, we will credited to your same
                  account.

Subject: till i have not get any refand -of cancellations of e-ticket-4th
                  Date: Saturday, June 21, 2008, 3:25 PM

TILL I HAVE NOT GET ANY REFUND OF CANCELLATIONS OF E-TICKET

Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:
                  Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 05:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
                  Subject: cancellations of e-ticket-3rd reminder
                  CC: [protected]@irctc.co.in

Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:
                  Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:02:15 -0700 (PDT)
                  Subject: Fwd: Re: Email From IRCTC

Maulesh patel <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:
                  Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
                  Subject: Re: Email From IRCTC
                  CC: [protected]@irctc.co.in

When I reach at Borivali at 7.15 am on 09/06/2008, we found the train is delay
                  and will came at 00.35 on 10/06/2008,

so I asked for cancelation of my e ticket
                  but he refuse,
                  and told us that you can do by net only and with in 48 hours,
                  finaly we take tickets of saurasta train at 9.00am,
                  I TRY BY NET FOR CANCELATION WHICH NOT POSSIBLE AND SHOWING CHART PRIPE
                  "Unable to retrieve due to communication failure".

NOW I WANT to cancel the e ticket the detail are as below,
                  Tra. ID : [protected],
                  PNR No : [protected]

Best REGARDS,

Maulesh R Patel

[protected]@irctc.co.in wrote:

Dear Customer,
                  Thank you for using IRCTC's online rail reservation facility.
                  Your e-ticket has been booked and the details are indicated below.
                  Please take a printout of the Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) OF YOUR TICKET
                  FROM YOUR Booked Tickets History page .You will carry this printout along with
                  the Original Photo Identity Card as mentioned in the ERS, while traveling. Both
                  these will be examined by ticket checking staff on stations/trains for
                  verification purpose.

Click here to claim your Free Personal Accident Insurance worth INR 1, 00, 000.

Booking details:

MAULESH PATEL

SURENDRA

[censored]AL

Total Fare

For cancellation of your ticket, please log in to your account, select the PNR
                  you wish to cancel and cancel your ticket online. Cancellation of your e-Ticket
                  is possible only on the website www.irctc.co.in, and is NOT possible on PRS
                  Counters.Cancellation can be done till the time of chart preparation for the
                  train which is normally 4 to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train
                  from the train originating station.(For trains starting up to 12 in the
                  afternoon the chart preparation is usually done on the previous night).
                  You can cancel any of the passenger names from the list of passengers on this
                  ticket without affecting the ticket as a whole.I[censored]ser wants to cancel the
                  master passenger, any passenger in the same ticket can be opted as master
                  passenger by the user.
                  For CHANGE OF BOARDING STATION & CHANGE IN NAME customer can now approach
                  the nearest Railway Reservation Office with ?ElectronicReservation Slip? print
                  out and photo identity proof mentioned in the ?Electronic Reservation Slip? at
                  least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of train as per existing Railway
                  rules.
                  Once you have cancelled your ticket, the fresh details and changes made by you
                  will be available on the Cancelled e-Tickets History (as a link to site)The
                  refund amount due to you after cancellation will be credited back to the same
                  account which you had used for booking the ticket.
                  Now users can check their refund status online by clicking 'Refund
                  status' link after logging in.If by any reason you are unable to cancel your
                  ticket on the website till the time of charting and also unable to perform the
                  journey, please send a mail to [protected]@irctc.co.in at the earliest giving the
                  details of your claim .We will represent your case with the Railways Claims
                  Wing. However since this is a long drawn-out process. If the user wishes to
                  cancel his E-ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the
                  train (which is normally 4 to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the
                  train from the train originating station.(For trains starting up to 12 noon the
                  chart preparation is usually done on the previous night). Similarly these and
                  any other claims/contingencies on this e-ticket may be conveyed to us at
                  [protected]@irctc.co.in for processing. For any further assistance, please contact
                  us at us at[protected] / 23345500 / 23344787 /
                  23344773 / 2334580 0 Fax No.23345900 or mail us at [protected]@irctc.co.in.
                  Just dial 139 from your landline, mobile & CDMA phones for railway
                  enquiries.

Warm Regards,
                  [protected]@irctc.co.in
                  while booking e-ticket boarding station should be indicated for ease of a passenger just like booking ticket inelectronic reservation counter normally.

Complainant9449610
                    I was having the reservation from Bhopal to Raipur in Train Number 2410, dated 26th Dec, 2008, morning 2:15am. My reservation status was RAC 12 & when i reached at the platform the status instead of decreasing, it got raised to WL3. It was really shocking & trouble some to travel in night with such unexpected happening. Whom to complain with... How to get resolve this problem. There is no one who can take care of this or to listen about it. I was traveling with my family...!!! & it was a bad experience... What is this all going...!!!

Moreover, I was having the reservation of 3 passenger. The traveling status was as follows:
                    Psgr 1 - WL3
                    Psgr 2 - WL3
                    Psgr 3 - WL4
                    How same waiting to two different passenger...???

Earlier the same happened with my brother in law an year back when he was traveling from Delhi to Baroda. & from his reservation status of WL1 it becomes WL12.

What all this happening...Can anyone can answer..!!!

Indian Railway — Reservation Status

I was having the reservation from Bhopal to Raipur in Train Number 2410. My reservation status was RAC 12 & when i reached at the platform the status instead of decreasing, it got raised to WL3. It was really shocking & trouble some to travel in night with such unexpected happening. Whom to complain with... How to get resolve this problem. There is no one who can take care of this or to listen about it. I was traveling with my family...!!! & it was a bad experience... Indian Railway is ...!!!

What all this happening...Can anyone can answer..!!! Where to file case against Indian Railway.
                    I have booked online eticket PNR no [protected] on 24th December 2008. At the time of booking my status was PQWL 89. When I checked the day before the journey, the status shown on the website was PQWL 132. Could any one explain how does booking status changes with the time? Its strange and it happened with me before as well.
                    name pyarelal
                    ad sikar <rajasthan>
                    i was having the reservation from new delhi to sirsa in train no.4519(sirsa express)seat was also confirmed recently in august(2 times)
                    bt when i board the trian, what i m seeing reserved coach was there but it seems like a general coach.no seats for the guys who reserved their seats in advance by paying extra reservation charge to railway, to be assure of getting seat(seat is confirmed)but quite horrible to see,

*one more imp thin, tt was also nt present there for our assistance & not came in 2s compartment, not even once for ticket checking,

*raiway's taking thier charge for reservation bt no services are there
                    i think u have to take sme actions now or never its upto u
                    if this thing is out o[censored]r hand then????????????????????/
                    kindly take attention plz

Complainant4991635
                      I had to travel from Pune to Bharuch on Train no.1050 on[protected]. I have booked a Tatkal ticket on the train. My Train missed due to wrong information given on Enquiry no.139. It was told on 139 that Train was late by 55 minutes but train was actually on right time. My family (Wife & 8 months Old child) and I have to face a lot of inconveneneince. I have to travel by bus on[protected].
                      Some more passengers also missed the same train from Pune due to the same reason. I have filed a formal complaint with the Dy. Station Superintendent and get the signature of the co-passenger (PNR No.[protected]).

Full refund of my ticket along with compensation of Rs.30, 000 may be given due to inconvenience caused to me my wife and 8 months old child.

My Travelling details are given below:
                      PNR Number: [protected] Booked On[protected]
                      To Station: AHMEDABAD JN(ADI), Quota: Tatkal

Complaint filed by: Sumeet Kureel, Mobile no.: [protected]

Indian Railway — STOPPAGE OF TRAINS [Resolved]

RAJIV ARYA
                        There is very strange pattern of Indian Railway officials for providing stopages of any trains. The earnings...
                        Complaint comments  Comments  (1)

Indian Railway — COMPLAINT AGAINST CORRUPT TTE AND HIS VERY INDESCENT BEHAVIOUR IN GODAN EXPRESS FROM CHAPPRA TO MUMBAI ON 13.12.2008 [Resolved]

VISHAL SRIVASTAVA

This is to bring in your kind notice the brutal treatment meted out to me by the TTE of Godan Express....
                        Complaint comments  Comments  (12)

Mrs. D. Sandhu
                        On 21/12/2008 night, at Guwahati Station Platform Number 5, we purchased Lays Chips (Printed Price: Rs. 10/-) was sold only for Rs. 12/- per packet and Water Bottle (Printed Price Rs. 12/-)was sold only for Rs. 15/-
                        When we voiced about the printed price only they refused to do so.
                        It was an authorised stall on the railway station and because of the need of the hour we had to take it. Similarly, all passengers bought it.
                        Kindly help.
                        ON 05/06/09 ALONG WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY WERE RETURING BACK TO KOLKATA FROM OUR SUMMER NORTH EAST TRIP, WHILE IN NJP STATION WERE WENT TO PURCHASE FOOD PRODUCT FROM THE IRCTC STALL, THERE WE FOUNDS THE STALL OWNER WERE SELLING ALL THE PRODUCTS ABOUT 15% RATE HIGHER THEN THE MRP PRINTED RATE, WHEN WE VISITED OTHER IRCTC STALLS HOUSED AT THE SAME STATION WE FOUND THE WERE ALSO BLUNTLY SELLING THE PRODUCT IN SAME EXORBITANT RATES, MOST THE IRCTC STALL ARE SELLING TEA, COFFIE AND OTHER ITEMS IN LESSER QUANTITY THEN PRESCRIBED BY RAILWAYS MOREOVER I USUALLY FINDS THAT THE IRCTC STALL ARE OFTEN SELLING PRODUCTS IN HIGHER RATE THEN PRINTED MRP RATE ALMOST ALL OVER INDIA, WHICH IS VERY UNFORTUNATE, REGRETTABLE AND MATTER OF SHAME FOR RAILWAYS AUTHORITIES AS THIS ILLEGAL, AND OFFENCE ACTIVITIES CAN NOT BE POSSIBLE UNLESS DUE TO INCOURAGMENT AND PATRONAGE OF FEW RAILWAYS AUTHORITIES.
                        IF THE RESPONSIBLE RAILWAY AUTHORITIES DO NOT TAKE IMMEDIATE STEP IN THIS REGARD NO BODY WILL BUY THE IRCTC CANTEEN OR STALLS.
                        IF THE RESPONSIBLE RAILWAY AUTHORITIES DO NOT TAKE IMMEDIATE STEP IN THIS REGARD NO BODY WILL BUY FROM THE IRCTC CANTEEN OR STALLS
                        I faced the same problem and i even lodged complaint online for which i got the response too. Image attached will show the response from railway authority.

kanthan
                          Dear Indian Railways:
                          Why should you have this Tatkal scheme as if Indian Railways Care for Indian citizens when following is the fact for Indian citizens go higly disappointed without getting the ticket even when they are prompt in planning their journey 5 days before - the railways permitted schedule for their urgent journey - WITHIN 2 MINUTES OF THE EARLIEST TIME IN AN ATTEMPT TO AVAIL THE FACILITY. How can this happen when each ticket booking time should take atleast a minute and the ticket on offer are typically in any permissible trains are atleast 15 of second AC, 15 of Third Ac, and atleat 150 of Sleeper Class and we do not get reserved ticket in less than 30 mintes combined of all together. How can this be possible without the cunnivance of some insiders of railways with agents - for consideration(agents try this way too for sale in black apart from their share of agent quota and why then agent quota is entertained). This the Indian public has to suffer while paying their money and time in times of emergency and go disappointed and also losing some of their money while cancelling the wait listed tickets. Once the consumer, the Indian public, pay to Indian Railways this way EVEN while unable to utilize the services for total mismanagent and cunnived things of insiders of Indian railways, the compensation, the Indian Pulic to get when fought in forum shall just not the awarded one and what the consumer insist and press will only be demanded. Therefore before we could proceed to one such thing (even after this information if Indian Railways remains debacled on this issue they shall simply lose any right on arguing on compensations). It is requested to Indian Railways go through with computer generated timings of how the takal ticket booking is handled for each ticket and answer to Indian public if such a situation is order that despite the system of tatkal booking the ticket booking comman man would not be able to get ticket even when they try by earliest of 5 days in advance and inside 2 mintes of their attempt. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SAY the public are informed of thier wait listed standing before booking because the public still are entitled to book paying cancellation charges when unable to get confirmed tickets in the hope that the Tatkal system should be functioning in true spirits for the money they are paying as cancellation charges and hope to get reservation for atleast some of those first few wait listed tickets.

This document is preserved as the first in pursuance on this matter and will be contacted when this complaint is forwared to you and after appropriate time within which the matter is cared into.
                          The Tatkal scheme of the Indian Railways is a fraud perpetrated on public by the Administration. Originally only one coach was allotted for Tatkal in Sleeper class. Now, this is not the case and a percentage is allotted in each Sleeper coach of every train having Tatkal scheme and with a train like 2657/2657 Chennai Bangalore City Chennai Mails, with about 14 sleeper coaches, the total sleeper berths would be 14 * 72 = 1008 berths and out of which 280 berths are allotted for Tatkal booking and these berths get blocked till 2 days prior to the date of journey. 280 berths out of 1018 works out to nearly 28% of the total availability of berths in the train on any given day. Assuming that all these 280 berths are booked under Tatkal scheme on any one day, the railways get 280 * Rs.75 Rs.21000/ as extra revenue at the cost of normal wait listed passengers. Invariably it is found that on weekdays, we find that at least 5 to 10 berths are vacant in half the sleeper coaches in the train.

The result is unwarranted sufferings for Senior citizens, who when booking tickets under e-ticket scheme are invariably allotted middle or upper berths as most of the lower berths are allotted under different quotas including Tatkal.

I have quoted the Bangalore mail as an example only and this applies to almost all the most popular trains running across India.

The computer allotment of berths are rather blind and the programme is not considering the age of the passengers in allotting berths.

This anomaly under tatkal scheme and berth allocation to senior citizens has to be looked into by the Railway administration and justice rendered to traveling public at large and to senior citizens in particular
                          The Tatkal scheme of the Indian Railways is a fraud perpetrated on public by the Administration. Originally only one coach was allotted for Tatkal in Sleeper class. Now, this is not the case and a percentage is allotted in each Sleeper coach of every train having Tatkal scheme and with a train like 2657/2658 Chennai Bangalore City Chennai Mails, with about 14 sleeper coaches, the total sleeper berths would be 14 * 72 = 1008 berths and out of which 280 berths are allotted for Tatkal booking and these berths get blocked till 2 days prior to the date of journey. 280 berths out of 1018 works out to nearly 28% of the total availability of berths in the train on any given day. Assuming that all these 280 berths are booked under Tatkal scheme on any one day, the railways get 280 * Rs.75 Rs.21000/ as extra revenue at the cost of normal wait listed passengers. Invariably it is found that on weekdays, we find that at least 5 to 10 berths are vacant in half the sleeper coaches in the train.

Just think of the following situation.

I am a middleclass businessman or a government employee who has to go from station A to station B, 19 hour journey. I have to reach B on 20th december (say). I come to know that i have to reach B on 20th dec only on say 15 th december.
                          Unfortunately people like the above who have no other job other than holidaying, book the tickets 3 months back say 20th september and on 15th december, there are no tickets for this middleclass businessman. What do you think he should do. He can't afford to travel by flight. Travelling by bus is impossible for large distances.
                          If there is a solution to the above problem other than tatkal, you can suggest.
                          I would suggest having a separate tatkal train. But then again you people would protest saying 'The Tatkal scheme of the Indian Railways is a fraud perpetrated on public by the Administration'.
                          So only solution to problem would be assignimg 35-40% seats to tatkal.

Sleeper Reservation-Tatkal — blocking of reservation for tatkal

I tried booking my ticket for tatkal to chennai exp. 8.00 hrs on 10.12.2010, first your portal operated very slow second by 8.20 am WL 15 was recorded when i booked my ticket.
                          I am unable to understand that allotment of 183 ticket can be booked within 20 minutes. I feel every ticket will at least take 5 minutes for booking from station to destination etc and payment mode.
                          I feel there is mischief by railways authorities and agents who are part of mischief to sabotage the system.
                          I am available my Mob 91 [protected]
                          I stand by my complaint and hope fruitful will be done

R.Khaitan

This is with reference to PNR No.[protected]. Please note that, though the class was upgraded from 3AC to 2AC (i.e. from B3/4 to A3/41), the passenger (T.Khaitan) was forced by the TT to sit in B1-54. Please refer the attached PNR report.

Please note that the train number in question is 2312 Down Kalka Mail & the relevant travel date being 16/12/2008. Boarding Station - Mughal Sarai (MGS) & Destination Station - Howrah (HWH).

Please note that the passenger in question is a lady (age 50) & was travelling alone with luggage & had no information regarding this upgrade untill boarding of the train.

(Here please note that, an additional Coach B3 is attached to Kalka Mail in Mughal Sarai upon arrival. Thereby Coach-B3 becomes the first boggie immediately after the engine, far ahead of other AC coaches. In case o[censored]pgrades, it's very hectic job for a passenger to commute, alongwith all it's luggage, from B3 to any other AC coaches, as they are very far end of the train. Also the train departs immediately after this B3 coach get attached to the train).

The passenger, as per her original ticket, boarded the Coach-B3, as soon as it was attached to the train & took her seat no.04. She was then informed by the TT (of Coach-B3) that her ticket's been upgraded from 3AC to 2AC and hence she can't board this coach & should rush for Coach-A3, Seat 41 as the train is about to leave any moment.

In all despair she left the B3 coach alongwith all her luggage for Coach A3 (on the cold winter night & that too after waiting for nearly 2hrs on the station for the train to arrive which came around at 11 p.m). Somehow she made to the Coach-A3, almost fainting, just in time & the train left immediately after she boarded the boggie. As soon as she got settled on the seat (no.41), another TT appeared & informed her that she doesn't even have reservation in this coach.

Now this was the limit for her. First she was made to run from B3 to A3 (on the pre-text that ticket has been upgraded & as no vacant seat been left in B3). Then after running half the lenght of the train, she was informed that she doesn't have the seat in A3 either. Really this can happen to a train passenger in Indian Railways only.

After making her waiting for nearly an hour, in the moving train, she was finally offered the seat (55) in Coach-B1 at around 12 in the night. She then had to carry all her luggage to Coach B1 from A3.

Now the issues that need to be addressed by Indian Railways (or any other concerned govt. departments) are -

1. How railways can upgrade a seat from a boggie to another if they are
                            a) not inter-connected
                            b) at two far ends of the train

2. Is this the way of treating a lady (age 50) having confirmed reservation, travelling alone with luggage

3. Why she was denied seat in Coach A3, though her seat was actually upgraded from 3AC to 2AC (from Coach B3 to Coach A3)

4. If she was to be forced to sit in Coach B1 (which is 3AC) afterall, that too after waiting for an hr in a moving train, then why she was forced to leave Coach-B1 (again 3AC) in the first place.

5. Isn't the TT's behaviour (who are supposed to be public servant) of both the concerned Coach-B3 & Coach-A3 are questionable, suspicious & immoral.

In await of justice to be made in public interest in general and for all physical & mental trauma the concerned lady passenger has to went through in particular.

R.Khaitan
                            Ph: +[protected].
                            I Amol Kulkarni age 34 years travelling from Bhopal to Gwalior. The PNR No.- [protected] and train no. -2192 wants to register the complaint about TC. I am having a confirm ticket from Bhopal to Gwalior and the coach no- S4 and birth no is 26, Middle Birth. but I have seen that the same birth is alloted to 2-3 people by a TC.After the train has been started I find no TC in sleeper coach.
                            Inspite of having a confirmed ticket i made my journey by standing only till jhansi.
                            I want to know that how the single birth can be alloted to more than two persons.
                            Regarding that I want compensation regarding the mental and physical harrasment which I had in my journey.