[Resolved]  Efuturesoft — Inhuman treatment by TTE

Sub: Inhuman treatment by TTE in Nellai Express on 23-11-09.

Sir/Madam,

I am S.Sundaravadivel booked e-ticket in Class 3A in Train no:2632 Nellai Express on[protected] for return journey on[protected] from Tirunelveli vide transaction ID:[protected] under PNR no:[protected] for Rs.715/- WL 21/WL 10110000.

The WL was confirmed under B3/54, while traveling on 23-11-09 the TTE checked the ticket and my son produced the laminated color photocopy of Driving License as ID proof.

The TTE did not accept this as ID proof and demanded the original Driving License, as i was not having the original the TTE treated me as without ticket and fined me a sum of Rs.965/- Fare Rs.715/- plus Rs.250 in addition to the already paid fare of Rs.715/- and issued receipt under AB 665080, on that time i was not having the full amount at that time and i borrowed Rs.100/- from a unknown person and paid the fine to avoid eviction from the compartment.

I was mentally upset by the inhuman treatment by the TTE though I booked the ticket through my own credit card, the purpose of insisting ID proof is to verify the genuineness of the passenger and to avoid misuse of the ticket, even though i booked the e-ticket using my own Credit Card in my name i was fined for not merely producing the original Driving License as ID proof.

The TTE’s should be properly instructed to use common sense as the very purpose of insisting ID proof is to avoid misuse of the ticket and not to harass genuine passengers.

I request that the fare of Rs.965/- collected by the TTE in addition to the already paid fare of Rs.715/- may kindly be refunded to me immediately.

S.SUNDARAVADIVEL