[Resolved]  tatkal tickets booking — displayed & booked tickets priorities differed

Sir, I wanted to book two tickets (berths) online by Gautami Express (Train No.2738 from Secunderabad (SC) to Kakinada (COA), for travel on[protected], for confirmed berths to travel, for myself & my wife (Dr.CH.V.R.Murty male-62ys., & Dr.(Mrs).Suryakantham female aged 58ys.). On 10th Jan 2010 morning at 8.00 Hrs., when we tried the Tatkal service: it was displayed as available and so we immediately paid the money by internet credit card. It was accepted and so we took the print out. We were shocked: the ticket (PNR No.[protected]) displayed showed that our names were wait listed 21 and 22. Before this happened, we thought of going by road if we do not get confirmed berths for our travel. After all at this age and stage in our lives, we do not like to purchase suspense & headaches. By this situation we are deprived of that alternative since our good money was poured into these train tickets. We feel we are subjected to unwanted anxiety and waiting in despair, being waitlisted till the last minute, in this cold nights. This is disappointing and also we feel let down by this disparity in display & actual booking of Tatkal service of Railway Tickets. I request you to please urgently help us get confirmed berths for this travel and oblige and keep us informed immediately, for which I am giving my contact details: Prof.Dr.CH.V.Ramana Murty. Tel. Res. [protected], Mobile: [protected] and e-mail ID: [protected]@yahoo.com Please expedite and oblige. Yours sincerely, Dr.CHVR Murty.

Comments

untold anxiety creadted by internet Tatkal Train ticket booking and awaiting the immediate redressal of the grievance.
Sir, I wanted to book two tickets (berths) online by Gautami Express (Train No.2738 from Secunderabad (SC) to Kakinada (COA), for travel on[protected], for confirmed berths to travel, for myself & my wife (Dr.CH.V.R.Murty male-62ys., & Dr.(Mrs).Suryakantham female aged 58ys.). On 10th Jan 2010 morning at 8.00 Hrs., when we tried the Tatkal service: it was displayed as available and so we immediately paid the money by internet credit card. It was accepted and so we took the print out. We were shocked: the ticket (PNR No.[protected]) displayed showed that our names were wait listed 21 and 22. Before this happened, we thought of going by road if we do not get confirmed berths for our travel. After all at this age and stage in our lives, we do not like to purchase suspense & headaches. By this situation we are deprived of that alternative since our good money was poured into these train tickets. We feel we are subjected to unwanted anxiety and waiting in despair, being waitlisted till the last minute, in this cold nights. This is disappointing and also we feel let down by this disparity in display & actual booking of Tatkal service of Railway Tickets. I request you to please urgently help us get confirmed berths for this travel and oblige and keep us informed immediately, for which I am giving my contact details: Prof.Dr.CH.V.Ramana Murty. Tel. Res.[protected], Mobile: [protected] and e-mail ID: [protected]@yahoo.com Please expedite and oblige. Yours sincerely, Dr.CHVR Murty.

Complaint categoryCategory: Railways