HDFC Bank

Andhra Pradesh

Chandigarh, Kochi, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna

Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi & NCR, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune

West Bengal, Sikkim, Andaman and Nicobar

Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur (Toll Free from BSNL landline)

1800 345 3333

Fri 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sat 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sun 12:00 am - 12:00 pm

HDFC Bank Complaints & Reviews

i had a credit card form HDFC bank. I had requested for settlement of the usage donein 6 installments. The letter was issued and given to me. I had made a payment on 25 th october and had given authority letter to debit 1390 which was kept hold on the bank account. But today i got to know that my authority letter was not processed and apart from 3810 my bank account had 8390 which was debited without information. Now according to settlement i had to pay 5200. As per letter bank has to take 1390 more from my account to fulfill its requirement as per letter.but additional 7000 was debited from my account. I am not getting any proper information and want that amount back in my account.
Please look into the matter and help me out

Anirudha Sathe
i have a credit card of hdfc bank the card no is [protected] n i was given a settlment letter a month ago stating thAT your acc# would be settled in 21000rs, , n i havent got a job n i could not make a payment n now recently i got a job n yesterday i singed a debit letter of 4400 on my hdfc acc# now when ever i am trying to call to credit card department n they are abusing me and saying now you can suck my pennis why didnt you make a payment earlier n they are saying do whatevr you want to do i want to see your capability you can ask to umesh gupta is wporking with hdfc bank n saying i am d manager of hdfc bank n he told me your me to settl d acc# in 34800rs in 4 instalments n now he is abusing me now i dont have any money to have food now b, coz my sallery has also put on hold apart from my 4400 rs now please pay attenction on it his no is, , , , , [protected] n his name is umesh gupta n he says that he is the manager of hdfc naraina branch of n delhi

Myself Swatantra N. Tiwari have an account in HDFC bank from last one year. My customer id is 23241294 and have an account Number [protected], Mulund Branch.
    On 8th of october 2008, I had gone in ICICI Bank ATM, Station Plaza Bhandup west to withdraw some money i.e. Rs. 1200/-. At the time on doing a transaction ATM Machine is showing your trasaction is complete but not a single money came out from machine also receipt also not came on that time and machine is showing ERROR IN NETWORK, TAKE YOUR CARD. But after that I had confirmed with HDFC Phone banker to check my account. He has confimed that 1200/-Rs is already debited from my account to ICICI Bank Account. So, I had complained to HDFC phone banker and got complaint No.[protected] on 9th of October 2008 and also started daily follow up with HDFC phone banker to get back my money. They advise me to fiil up Charge back form at their Branch. I had fill up the same on 15th October 2008 at HDFC Bank Marol Branch.
    And 1200/- Rs. is showing in my account on 23rd October 2008. But I Can't withdraw that money as instructed by your phone Banker due to credit not came from ICICI Bank to HDFC Bank. It will take another 50 Days to come at my acccout that fund is on hold.
    So, I am against this procedure of MASTER CARD Depatment, That my money will come after 50 Days in my account. Or HDFC bank will not be pay any interest for another 50 Days. For Example: I had taken 1200/- on credit with any bank for 50 Days The bank will charges an interest or Service Tax or not. So, Think same as from my side. There is not different rule for Client and Bank. If Bank can take an interest for their money so Client also have an right to take an interest for his own money which will use by ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank.
    It's not a matter of 1200/- Rs., It's a matter of Faith and Trust which any client have on your bank that our money will be safe at Any Bank. Whatever, Procedure HDFC Bank have or Master Card have I am Against this procedure which was introduced by HDFC Bank Phone Banker. Because, I am a client of HDFC Bank not ICICI Bank or MASTER Card Department. If my money is debited bymistekly due to ERROR IN Network, So, It's HDFC Bank responsbility to credit that money to my account which I Can withdraw and wait for credit with ICICI Bank.
    I would like to know you, If you HDFC Bank unable to credit my money Before 50 Days with interest. I will fill a sue against HDFC bank in court of Law or District forum and ask to claim for 50000/- Rs. with incurring all expenses i.e. Phone charges for follow ups etc. So, Consider this on priority.

Swatantra Tiwari
    Mobile No. [protected]

MASTER CARD — Money and Receipt not Recd.

I have an ATM card Bank of India’s International DEBIT-CUM-ATM CARD On dated 27/06/2008 at time 17:39 I used the card no. [protected]
    at Chiplun Bazarpeth Branch ATM . I put the card in ATM made the
    Transaction for withdrawl of Rs 7000/- After punching in my PIN and the amount to withdraw, the ATM worked on for a while and finally the Transaction was declined without giving me the receipt. This thing happen again when I was doing the same transaction again .I was stunned later to find that my account was debited with Rs7000 twice Total Rs. 14000 even when the cash was not dispensed.
    when I visited the bankof india ‘the transaction slip 41056 & 41058 ‘are not found in their JP roll.
    I also had written an application to bank manager of bank of India Chiplun

I need amount urgent.

So Here I am requesting you to please Reverse the amount of Rs. 14000 (Forteenthousand only)as soon as possible.
    Thanking You
    Yours Faithfully

Shreepad R. Joshi
    Card No;[protected]

dear sir,
      This is bring into your notice that I am vikas sharma having an saving bank account in HDFCBANK ltd. I got a call from one executive from hdfcbank regarding credit card, he was offering me credit card witthout lifetime membership fees. so I said ok.
      finally i got my credit card but was not aware of lifetime membership fees has been charged. even i was not geeting any kind of statment on time for particular charges which bank has been imposed on me,

when i know all that charges is charging in my account so i puted one complaint in this regard with hard copy in hdfcbank dropbox but i did not recd any kind of response in this regard.
      after six month one lady called me from hdfcbank that sir you credit card payment is due when i asked that how much is this? she saild 6000 something and I am socked that without any purchased how could be possible.

so may time puted hard copy of complaint in dropbaox, i did not get any response.
      and IMPORTANT THING on 25/10/2008 HDFCBANK has been deducted RS 9079/- from my saving account without given any intimation whichj is totally IIlegal.
      so plz refund my money in my account otherwise i will go consumer court and RBI.

Thankyou
      Vikas Sharma

BEWARE OF HDFC ULIP policies. They are cheating people without giving proper facts.
        I recently bought a ULIP from HDFC,...

i have a personal loan in HDFc bank, forwhich payments are made regularly, as i changed my salary account from ICICI to HDFc, i intimated the bank to get me ECS through their bank so that they can collect their EMI from the account itself, they fauled to do so.now the problem is one collection agent from Trivandrum, vazhuithacaud branch is creating hell lot of problems to me, at present am abroad, he is abusing my family, where my mother and sister is alone, see am not a defaulter, only one month pending is there, he abuses as if i have not paid for years, its very shame to know that a bank like HDFC is using GUNDAS for collection. if he is gonna make more problem we can only file criminal suit.
        Harrassement
        we have taken a personal loan from HDFC bank hyderabad lakdikapul branch. my salary account is in SBH bank hydeabad.i have given checks from SBH only.almost we have cleared the loan.few days back i have gone to hdfc bank to collect out checks.now they were saying you have to pay 2000 for fine(check bouns).from my side i didnot have this problem.i have shown my every month bank statement but every thing clear from my side.HDFC also saying from our side dont have problem.so finally what shoud i do?
        please suggest me to whom sholud i contact?
        HDFC Personal Loan,

I have token personal loan in November 2007 from HDFC Bank, I had paid loan up to July 2008, Because of some problem i have lossed my job and return back to my native. I have come back from native in Nov 2009 by the time i have not paid my EMI, Now i am search job by the time i come in contact to HDFC person, now he treating by the phone to me, I am asking Two month of time, but he is not ready to give the time, right now i am not in condition to pay the money, But i am ready to pay the money, please me out now what i have to do. To save from Harrassement.

Please Suggest me, what I have to take action from those Gundda type of collection Guy.

I am gurpreet singh. i was the employ of hdfc bank with employ id 55029 LOCATION JALANDHAR.. i have given the resign to my...

I tried enormous times to close / settle the credit card thro the collection guys every one gives +ve reply till they collect min. amount due and then turns up..

Please let me know who can i approach for a safe closure to get rid of all these head aches.. and even not to be listed in CRISIL ratings.. got fed up with these credit cards ... !!
          Dear Concern,

Because o[censored]r harassment I am closing the credit card and give the amount for settlement in one time and for 2 EMI so that I can arrange the amount and settle the amount

Please let me know how can i approach for a safe closure to get rid of all these head aches.. and even not to be listed in CRISIL ratings.. got fed up with these credit cards ... !!

I have a savings bank account with HDFC BANK LTD.(AMALTAS CO-OP HSG SOC, JUHU VERSOVA LINK ROAD, ANDHERI WEST, MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA,...

I have a credit card of HDFC Bank and till date i have made all the payments on time and not a single payment was made late and as card has expired and every month they keep sending the statement and charging RS.350/- per month and with finance charges number of time they visit at our home for collection and they call us on our mobile number for non payment for the bills but i have made all the payment on time,

They are keep harassing me,

Please let me know what further action i can take

Waiting eagerly for your reply

Bharat H Parikh

Credit Card — Statement and late payment charges

Myself Dr Chetan, credit card holder of HSBC Bank since last 6-8 months. The day when i started using the credit card till now i had paid the late payment charges as i did not get any soft copy or hard copy of statement and still getting calls to clear the dues.
            I had fed up from the things which are happening because of HSBC Bank thats why today i went to nearest branch of HSBC Bank, but the people who are working there, they do not bother what the problems we have, even they do not know how to talk with customers.

In July, HSBC Bank employer called me for transfer funds to clear the credits of HDFC bank. i accepted the things and they promised me to send the cheque with in 4-5 working days but i got the cheque after 35 days and that time HDFC bank made some extra charges because i waited for your cheque only.

I want that you should solve my problem by remove the late payment charges of last 3 months and interest which you had made on transfer funds because its already 3 months.

I hope you can help me out and then i will make the payment. I do not need to use this card any more after clearing the things.
            I will wait for your early reply.

Dr Chetan

HDFC Bank — payment

I had a card of hdfc bank few year ago but now its not in work.
            I pay all my due and have a NOC letter from bank.
            But still they call me and says to me that i hv near by 35000 outstanding.
            How can it possible after surrender my card and have a NOC from them.......

My name is Tapas kumar nath, I am working with an MNC. On nov. 2005 i applied for hdfc bank credit card and after...

I’m a client of HDFC from last 3 years and I’m in grate trouble because o[censored]nprofessional and unsupportive approach of your staff, just to inform you that last one and half week was one of the most painful times I have ever spent in my life.

On Friday while making some daily purchases I came to know that my debit cards transition was put on hold, and when I enquire about that in customer service. They said that their credit card division has put it on hold and they can’t help me, this was a shock for me as the credit card they are talking about was settle in months back, after deep enquires and after making several calls to customer service and to phone banking guys, I came to know that according to there record I still owe them around 25, 000 RS.

This credit card was settled and I pay according to reminder phone call from collection center, I have got receipt and letter with me, Karan was name of the agent who come down to my place on monthly basis and collect the payment, and he himself collect last payment and he promises that I’ll get no due certificate any day, every thing was fine for few months and then all of sudden they(collection) people start calling again asking for payment, and when I try to call Karan for the same, he advice me that please ignore such call tell them that card has been settle down, but later start receiving threatening calls and i took this seriously I contact Karn again, then he came up with different story, he advice please ignore such call as every time calls come from different Call Center and it take time to update all system simultaneously.

On Saturday first thing I did was I try to call phone banking and log a complaint and that operator assure a call back from concern department and she advice to go to my mother branch, It was quite frustrating and annoying for me, (On Monday) even in my bank branch on one take me seriously and no one entertain my request. I spoke to Rahul and he was not keen to listen to me at all also he gave me a suggestion that never trust these Collection People phone call, I was surprises, then I told him all story from binging and he took a call back request as well, when I spoke to Branch manager I try to show him all receipt I have and that letter, he gave some “Globe Gayan” and he ask for ref. number of complaint, then I log another complaint with Surbhi Malhotra with ref number [protected].

Since then I have only received one call and when I tried tell him that it might a confusion from your end and please consider my request and payment and advice a solution that gentleman took call back again.Later I call again and aging but no response, perhaps I was not shouting at them so they took me in wrong way.,

Day before yesterday I received a letter stating that they will debit all my money from account, I spoke to Herdeep Singh, he uses foul language as” paisa to main tere gale se nikal loonga “ and when my elder brother try speak him about all receipt and letter, that guy was very blunt and rude, he said that “do whatever u like to do and he do not give [censored] to it”
              I have visit your Rajouri Garden branch, I spoke to manager there and he assured me that please allow us to take 13, 000 RS in one shot and he will take care of the rest.

I have received statement that is showing some pending amount, also they have taken out all of may money.

I’m worried now and it seem that no one can Help me out, all my bills are pending and also house rent, no one is ready to listen to me I think I should hang my self, I do not know how long I can take this…..!

HELP

If some one can help me, please call me at [protected]

Rajneesh Kumar
              I 100% Agree to Rajneesh, HDFC is the worst Bank to deal with.

I had a Gold Credit card with HDFC Bank and that A/c was opened in Dec 2006 up to April 2007.I had taken around 26K in total from the bank of which I Paid them around 16K. I was not getting my statement so I told them to give me my receipt other wise I will not make the payment and I didn’t pay in May 2007 they levied Charges around 3-4K as penalty and then started harassing me.

Two women called in Aug 2007 and Abused me I asked them why are they talking to me like this and they said "Aap to Chor ho aap jaise logon se aise hi Baat ki jati hai" .I called customer service and Complained about the same and they promised me that there will be no further call like this again. Those two women called again after 15 min (I was ok that I have filed a complain and HDFC will take some action internally)but to my surprise they told me “Jitna Rona hai ro lo Payment to hum nikalwa hi lenge” also they threatened me that people from recovery would come to my home and indirectly she threatened me that “you know how recovery people deal when they got to someones house” she said How would you feel “Jis mohale mein aap rehte ho wahan aap ki beijati ki jaye” to which I was totally Scared.

After that I asked them to close my card and settle the card that was in September 2007. They closed the card and said in order to escalate the process of Closure I must Pay them Rs.3, 300 . I did the same and made a payment of 3, 300 on September 29, 2007 also they asked me to cut the card in 4 peaces and send it to the Chennai office and I followed the same, After that no Calls in the month of October.

In the month of November2007 they called me again and they said you have not made your payment on time I told that they have requested to settle my Card an asked for the final payment and they told that no process or initiative has been taken and the money I had paid was just the months closing target and the person miscommunicated to get the money out of my Pocket .so I requested them to make Final settlement documents and tell me how much I need to pay then only I will make further payments.

The bank sent two people. Mr. Amit Singh (Mobile no.[protected])Deputy Manager Management and Mr. Ranjeet to settle the A/c.(Card).and they made me speak to Mr. Aman Malhotra who is Manager Debt Management .On that day my statement showed dues of 33, 000 where my credit limit is only 30K also to remind that as per my calculation I had already paid them around 26, 000 till that Date .They agreed to settle my A/c for 19, 000 of which Rs.3, 300 had to be paid then and there and rest Rs.2, 614 in another Six instalment and I agreed to the Same, they gave me a written record for the same and told me that they will send the originals through Courier .If Any one wants to Check I can show the transaction in my Bank Saving A/c that I made 6 payments on the first of every month and throughout these 6 months I kept asking for original papers and they assured me that they are calling from Rajauri Garden and my papers are Ok and they tried to send me the documents 2 times but I was not at home So I gave them an address to a General Store that is open from 8am to 9pm to deliver the documents but they didn’t .On further inquiry they informed me that no one was there that was a shock for me as the shop opens everyday .So they lied to me .

I kept paying the instalments on time, when I had to make my last payment I got suspicious and so I went of my own to Rajauri Garden where the bank employee told that my A/C shows a settlement of 27K to which I disagreed and showed the documents and they told that it was not a Valid document. I called Mr. Aman Malhotra (Manager Debt Management ) and he said that he was busy in an meeting and will revert back later to which he didn’t .I tried calling him Many a times but he never picks up my call his Mobile number is [protected].I even have a message saved in my Inbox that he had sent saying that he will call me later .

Any ways Since I too work in a BPO so I tried to contact my manager as I had a fear that HDFC will block my savings A/C .My Manager who has worked in a Collecton center earlier suggested that I must make the payment for the instalment to avoid being a default. So I did the same and made my last payment on May31, 2008.
              Later again bank started calling me and told that the payments are not being made on time to which I disagreed and told that I have made all the payments and now according to me there are no further dews to which they disagreed and sent an employee for collection .I showed the person all the documents and told him in detail where I was coming from. The person spoke to his supervisor and told me that the collection agent have been playing with me.

Further in the month of September I once again started getting calls from the Bank from Mr. Raj(he said his name is Rajshekhar) and he asked me to make payment to which I disagreed and told him that I am not going to make any further payments . After a few days I went to withdraw money from my HDFC Saving A/c and I got to know that my A/c has been blocked and on inquiry was asked to contact the credit Card division.

I had to be in the Rajauri Garden once again and I spoke to Mr. Raj in person. He took Rs.600 Cash and they withdrew Rs.1900 from my Savings A/c and he informed me that who so ever and what so ever department that was dealing with me had given me false information and told that He will call me later .I kept calling him throughout the month and he kept telling me that its bank holiday, closing, Gandhi Jayanti, Dusshera, Diwali and reasons like that.

Yesterday(November 1, 2008) I got a call from a Ms. Ritu (Landline No.[protected] saying that I have not paid money on time to which I told her the whole story to which her response was that she doesn’t care a damn and she wants me to pay the money .I asked her for the dews and she told that I have to pay Rs.30, 000 to the bank.

According to my Calculation I took 26, 000 from the credit card, till date I have paid Rs.47, 000 towards the same and the bank still says that I have to pay 30k.

I just want to ask is there an end to this?

The bank is not ready to give me anything in written for any transaction or dealings, they just keep calling and keep on harassing me.

Any person who wants to join me or can suggest me as what needs to be done is welcome to write to me at sk.[protected]@indiatimes.com

I was using HDFC credit cards and had been paying all dues in time. It was the statement of Oct 2007 that...

This to inform you that 3 months back I have applied for HDFC credit card, but till now date I didn't recieve any information regarding my credit card. when I call up at HDFC helpline no. they told me that my request for credit card is rejected.
                Although I have submitted all my self attested documents and sign some of the papers,
                my credit card request is still not approved.
                And when I asked them to give me some proof for the same they refuse to do so. When I again make a call your call centre executive ask me to hold the phone and after holding for 25 to 30 mints I put down the as there was no response from the other side.
                Is this the way you guys use to deal with your customer...??

Hope that I'll get some information regarding this issue.

Shantanu Rawat.

Dear Sir
                  ihave been regularly using credit card of HDFC bank & repayment is done well before last date of repayment...
                  I have left the ADFC PVT ltd (working for HDFC Bank Ltd) in year 2008 and there after I have submitted PF withdrawal form...
                  Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:11:33 -0500
                  [protected][protected][protected][protected]br...
                  This is to inform you that one of your agent who came to collect my details informed me that he doesn't wants any of...
                  As so far as i don't get any harresment from Hdfc bank credit card department, but same can arise any time...
                  ...
                  Dear Sir/Mam,
                  I had a credit card of HDFC bank.in the month of march I found a tata aig insurance charges and i spoken...
                  Guys,

lately a rep from HBL global Pvt Ltd named sandeep called me atleast 10-15 times for personal loan.....