Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] Complaints & Reviews

1.7
Last updated Sep 20, 2022
1901

File a complaint to Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL]

Having problems with Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL]?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL]

Mobile
Fax

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] reviews & complaints page 141

MTNL — Customer Call Centers - Nobody picks up the Phone

I recently experienced a horrendous experience with MTNL toll-free numbers provided for Customer Care.

My Broadband plan was put undera wrong plan and so I decided to call their toll-free number 1504.

After I selected the 0 option to talk to customer care, automated response told me that the waiting time is 1.5 min. To my surprise I held the line for 17min and no body reponded. All I was told...

MTNL — non conmnectivvity of broadand

sir i being fedup last friday my broadband modem has been changed but position is same connectivity comes for a minuite and left sir is there no person in mtnl to resolve the matter

--- On Mon, 9/6/08, deb biswas <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

From: deb biswas <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Fw: non connectivity of broadband no 23360042
To: [protected]@bol.net.in
Date: Monday, 9 June,...

My land line is dead for last 7 days, and every time i make an internet complaint, i get a docket number and the complaint remians unsolved. When i track the compaint status as per the docket number, the docket number vanishes...It goes on for last 7 days. It is belapur MTNL branch. Every time when i call complaint registering telephone number it is always busy.
Aug 13, 2020
I have already deposited the telephone bill stil lmy phone is dead ...my telephone no[protected], no one in any department is picking the phone, employees of MTNL are saying i cannot help you...

Kindly log a call and solve my problem immediately...

This is the worst service experienced
We issued the 7 chqs of MTNL bill pyt but telephone lines were disconnected. Activate our telephone lines as early as possible.

Tele. Nos. are[protected] /26208956 / 26208984 /26281653 / 26210159 / 26700151 / 26398227 / 26398229
I had given a complaint through net on Saturday[protected] regarding my refund of Rs 556/-. And my complaint No. is 45770
My land line[protected] is dead for last 3 days, and every time i make an internet complaint, i get a docket number and the complaint remians unsolved. When i track the compaint status as per the docket number, the docket number vanishes...It goes on for last 3 days. It is delhi MTNL branch. Every time when i call complaint registering telephone number it is always busy.

regds
harpreet
General Manager(South), MTNL
NP Exchange, New Delhi-19

Subject: : Faulty telephone[protected] negligence by MTNL, Nehru Place Exchange.

Dear Sir
It is a matter of great regret that my telephone is out of order since
01-05-09 and nothing concrete has been done to rectify the fault, till
date. Pl respond. Reagrds Mr Umakant Trivedi
Till date telephone has not been restored. My complaint No.826 dt 03.07.09& 472 dt 11.07.09

Kindly act firmly.

Umakant Trivedi

My Telephone No. 27943642 is lying dead since 27th of July, 2009, I have lodged a complaint on 27942198 vide Complaint No. 2694 dated 30.7.2009. The linesman do not pay any heed on our request to rectify the fault. Is there anytbody who can listen our grievance and take action to repair the said telephone.

Jasvir Singh
Since last 10 days out landline is not working(partial).We are NOT SATISFIED with the services which ahve been provided by you.Most of the time our phoneline is not working & getting the problem very frequently(twice in a month).Every time the same/common comment we are receiving friom the linemen that is AAP KA INSTRUMENTMENT KHARAB HAI.We have changed the instrument 15 days ago & now againt out phoneline is partially dead(NO INCOMING CALL) since last 10days & again we have got the same response from the linemen on 12.09.09.

Pls look into the matter

Landline no[protected]asalfa dhobighat area)

Rajashri

IPTV installed on my telephone[protected]nthough stopped functioning properly during very first month of its installation and despite number of complaints lodged in this connection remained unattended MTNL charged me for the services they never rendered satisfactorily.

Even the complaints made to them regarding unjust and unfair billings too have remained unattende.

Please, therefore help me resolve my grievance...

MTNL — shift my house give my customer account number

I have no bill please send me the Customer Account Number my telephone number is [protected] and my address is 211 I IND FLR PLOT 25 NUOVO AP Sec X Dwarka-45 my bill connection name is GAUTAM CHHAVI KUMAR

I shift my house that's why i have no bill please send me the customer account number.

Chhavi kumar...

i am existing customer of your broad band connection and my number is 25996265 at my residence M-19, Street No. 2, New Mahavir Nagar, Near East Janak Puri Metro Station, New Delhi,
    as the land line installed by your department but still the broadband connection yet to be installed at my above mentioned number.
    please expedite in activation/installation of my broadband connection in above existing line as soon as possible.
    thanks& regards
    Rajeev Chopra
    This is to inform you that i had asked for internet connection from versova telephone exhange and was given work order 2344 dated 7.2.08 and the connection was not given, after followup i was informed to convert to wireless connection for which the connection was avilable, subsequently a lettr
    was given and requested for wireless connection.
    they were not able to issue work order because they could not issue work order from the computer due to some problem in software.

after repeated requested it falls to deaf ears, kindly help me and give the wireless connection,
    I would add that as a doctor i need to refer to internet for the various problems faced by my patients
    and in the interest of my patients you are requested to expedite the matter.

Dr Charu S.Darira
    tel no 26365247 mumbai
    broadband not working properly 4 quiet a lng tym...modem is also gving problem...urgent
    My broadband not working properlt for the last two months. Complaints registered at 1504 in Nov 2008
    and later in Dec 2008 has not resulted in any visit by MTNL inspite of promise.

Feel so much dejected and am planning to shift over to some private service provider AIRTEL or RELIANCE
    i want to take a mtnl broadband cannection at my home
    I had given a application for Tri Band (MTNL Broadband) connection Type DSL 399 Plan.
    My registration no. is G6503840.

It is more than 3 weeks, but still i have not got the connection. The MTNL official visited twice, but did not configure the broadband internet connection.

I tried to contact many times the Helpline 1504 / 1500 and also Ville Parle exchange (Mumbai) but there is no reponse from them.

Please expedite the installation of broadband connection

Jacob Abraham
    ek dum bakwaas connection hai mtnl ka aaj hi disconnect kara do bhai nahi to exchange ke chakkar lagate raho .

MTNL — Speed is less than 200 when i pay for 512

Hi...,

I am fed up of the Internet broad band connection given by MTNL

I have subscribed for a 512 speed plan...which is the most expensive one at MTNL on an average i get only 200 speed. MTNL has been overcharging for more than two years now...

Everytime i wait for 20 minutes to lodge my complaint...since the system puts on hold..try calling the 1504 and experience the pathetic service..br...

MTNL Delhi — Broadband Issues

From last few "Months" I'm having problem with my MTNL Broadband.

DSL Router: UT-300R2U
      Name: Dharmendra Singh

Everyday most of the time it just keep trying to connect to internet and i get "Authentication Failure" or "PPP Down" messages, It works fine for some time (Around 2-3 hours in brakes in 10 hours of time). But whenever i start my laptop...

DEAR SIR

MY telephone no[protected] with broad band connection from 24/5/08 there is no connectivity of broad band with this connection and pl note i am regular subscriber. pl also refer to earlier complaint dated 26/27/05/08 but sorry to say that action has taken uptodate. only some telephone connection r coming AAP KA PHONE TIK HAI, TODAY in morning one telephone came and instructed me to open the system and on the modem, i done it but where is interenet connection. i am surprise that is there no person in mtnl to resovle the problem, why mtnl mtnl has not started NET MEETING FACILITY instead of hopeless 1504 helpline. pl do the need ful

with regards
      sudeshna biswas
      i m mtnl land line user
      i have make request many times for new broadband connection
      over 10 days there is no response.plz forward my request .i m waiting for your response
      dear sir,

my delhi mtnl no. is 25352682. 2 weeks back i hv taken this connection with broadband facility of on it. but yet nobody has come to install modem inspite of comaplaints lodged on 1500. and now my phone is dead. so pls do smthing asap.
      DEAR SIR

MY telephone no[protected] with broad band booking from 1/6/08 there is no connectivity of broad band with this connection and i am surprise that is there no person in mtnl to resovle the problem, why mtnl has not installed net on my systm???? 1504 helpline is useless. pl do the need ful

with regards
      Ikshu Bhalla
      my telephone no. is 23642592, i am broadband user, comboplan, but from many days, more then 20 days, my net connection is not stable, it comes in breaking manner, i made many compliant through net but in vain, when i open the feed back of my compliant, the word appear that compliant done, it is very very wrong information to give me. today 18.01.09 the net is also responding in breaking manner.will you do the necessary action in this regard please.

thanks. sudershansharma

sir my ph no. is 27460957. i am broadband user, i have unlimited plan(599). which i had taken before 1 month it was working properlly. but past two weeks it is not working. when I open the G-mail, Yahoo messanger, orkut, google messanger this sides is not open and provide some error. and my internet speed is also very slow.its give some error on the page i made many complaints through my land line but they had not given me any responce. plz I am requesting you plz take any action?

thanks. Parveash sethi
      [protected][protected])
      My Tel. no.is 25073719

DSL Router UT-300R2U

Problem is of connectivity. It remains uncertain.I made several complains. Sometimes I was told that the problem is in line.The problem is unsolved. Pl. do needful to for the problem or take the phone back.

RKJHA

My name is Deepak Saklani. I had applied for a MTNL Internet broadband Combo Plan at B-112 New Janki Puri, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi-110059. But still I have not yet got the connection in my house. I go to Sanchar Haat and ask the reason, they replied me, Internet connection is not available in your area. Then I asked them to refund my deposited amount Rs. 500/- but they told me the amount will not refundable. I just want to ask you that if you can not provide me the internet connection that is not my fault, I would like to request you to kindly do refund my deposited amount Rs. 500/- as soon as possible. I will be highly oblige you.

Waiting for your positive response.

Thanking you.
      Deepak Saklani
      # [protected]

I am Abhijeet Kunwar, an MTNL phone/broadband subscriber at A5, Sulta Apartment, Saidulajab, IGNOU Road, New Delhi – 30. My Landline no. is 29531983.

This refers to my request and complaints forwarded to MTNL Delhi customer care cell.

1. I had registered a request to install wi-fi modem at my place on 3rd July 09. The request no. for the same is 48300153. Its been more than a month now, and I have got no update at all on the same. On following up with customer care cell repeatedly, finally they conveyed that “a work order no. 2503 is already been issued”, and “contact local Tel. exchange officer for further”. When contacted the local officer (JTO), he admits that Mr. SDO, Mr. Anil Dong is the right person to talk on this matter.

2. For Last one and a half months I have been complaining for fault in the internet line but nobody has visited my place and checked the status. Customer care people lodge the complains and after following up for the same they suggest to talk to the local Tel exchange Officer (The latest complaint No is[protected]. When contacted the local officer (JTO), he talks about the bad conditions in the whole area and suggests to speak with Mr. SDO, Mr. Anil Dong (Apparently, he puts up everything on Mr. SDO).

Moreover, despite trying more than 50 times, Mr. Anil Dong did not respond a single time even so that the problems can be discussed. Neither he responds to his cell no [protected] (provided by local office), nor available in the office so that he can be contacted. In fact the office landline is never picked up when called upon.

Therefore, I request you kindly to intervene suggest me how to act further.

Thanks & regards,
      Abhijeet Kunwar
      dude u must call 197 from ur mtnl phone and ask for ur area manager no. and tell him everything about ur connectivity and surely he will do something...

MTNL Delhi (Broadband) — non connecting of internet

dear sir,

i am holding a broadband connection with phone no. 23360042 from 24.5.08 i send repeated complaints to [protected] on recording voice and everyday call comes from local exchange AAP KA TELEPHONE TIK HAI thats all when i told them repetedly that my telephone is ok but broad band connection is not connecting they always said ok looing into the matter. sir may i know is it the service of mtnl. not only that when i...

MTNL Delhi — complaint about broadband

dear sir
        i m user of mtnl broad band, my telephone no is[protected], i have problem with broad band since last one month, some time working some time not. but now it is completely not working from last week, i was complaint about it in mtnl office and call centre many times but problem is not solved till now...

MTNL — MTNL - INTERNET

I have been using the MTNL internet since a month and found that the internet speed is very slow, I took the plan of 256Kbps and getting the speed of 120Kbps only and called 1504 several times but no response. and when I try to open www.microsoft.com. I am not able to browse the microsoft web site too, even I am not able to login to windows messenger or login to hotmail.com. I have called about this problem but there is no...

MTNL - Delhi / Telephone With Broadband — NOT WORKING/NOT ATTENDED

DESPITE NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS MY PHONE & NET ARE NOT WORKING & I AM PAYING THE CHARGES EVERY MONTH FOR NO SERVICES RENDERED..MY PHONE NO. IS[protected]...

I subscribed and got new land phone at my residence on 15.03.08 and since then received nil bills from the mtnl new delhi for c/a [protected] (Full phone number is not given here) and paid the bills in good faith through internet.
        The authorities have no problems at all despite my emails and reminders countless times from top to toe.
        Then how the mtnl claims to be best despite having no setup for such plights and also charged one instalment of security(Refundable) despite advt in the times of india dated 12.03.08 that no deposit is required.
        Even no reply has been sent in this matter as to whats happening?Except one formality letter with no details.
        What a great pity...!!!

I used to be a dedicated and a faithful user of MTNL triband since the past few years and i had taken a triband connection around 3 yrs ago or more i was not that well aware of the internet speeds!

They fool the customers i had taken their plan of 599 that serves 512kbps that meant atlmost 1/8 of speed that is 64kbps but they still provide me with a fooling speed of only 26kbps ! this is almost 1/4 of the promised speed !
          i am saying all this beacause now that i have even seen the provision of other internet providers the speed is always 1/8 of the bandwith !
          HERE ARE MY MTNL DETAILS

DSL Email ID (4MB)
          Created on 01-Nov-05 Active Mail ID with a 4mb mail space for DSL services

ADSL 28088537
          Description
          DSL_TRIB_599 03-May-07 Active Broad band Service with a Max Access Speed of 512 Kbps. Monthly Tariff is Rs.599, Monthly Free download is 1 GB. One Free Email ID with 4MB Space. Additional Usage Charges Rs. 0.80/MB.

This is what they have and it clearly shows that i have chosen a scheme that shud give me a descent range of 50 to 64 kbps but no they have just fooled me i m really dissapointed by these people !
          This forum (COMPLAINT) is the only hope !

This is Rajesh Kakkar from Navi Mumbai who has taken the Telephone Line only for the Purpose of Broadband Connection from MTNL.

As there is lot of problem from their end to get the Internet Broadband Connecion as the Customers has to wait for More than 3MOnths and after that also they are not sure by when they would be able to give the connection.

As I have taken a Plan of Rs.2399 which they can give to top Priority Customers and after they has given the line of Internet in the evening at my place and the line was not working by the next day. I had made the complaint that someone can come at my place and solve my problem.

The worst thing in MTNL is at the time of making complaint in the call center the person is not giving their names and at the MTNL office the Staff is not able to tell their names this is Rediculous.

As I have cancelled the connection in 2days due to no Proper service. They have send me the bill of Rs.1200 that is without using the service and the they has disconnected the line the next day. So pathetic service MTNL delivers.
          After One and Half Month one of the technical person comes to check is the line working.

Rajesh Kakkar

I took MTNL Broadband connection on August 2007 at premium rates charged by them. For connecting to MTNL, I used my own modem. Inspite of that, they charged me modem rent wrongly and also charged Rs 500 for MTNL modem which I was not using. I called up MTNL customer service but they refused to help in this matter and instead told me to meet MTNL officers at Sanchar Haat. My wife went to Sanchaat Haat for complaint but officer there arrived in office at 11:30 AM. Instead of helping her, he told that systems are not working and told my wife to search through manual registers. He told to come again. After going to MTNL for 3-4 days, finally they took the complaint and told to contact another MTNL officer. After that, it took them 7 days to affect an adjustment.

Requesting to look in this matter and save customer harrasment. MTNL officers act in a manner as Britishers treated Indians. For them, customers are dogs which have to kept at a distance.

Dheeraj Jain
            Paschim Vihar,
            Delhi
            dear sir;
            I received a bill debiting ADDL ADV CHARGES DPST RS=500/= which has already been paid by me in previous bill.Despite spending two days i could not get the tele no.from any of the MTNL source to contact appropriate person who can help me to rectify the wrong billing.

I have requested and subscribed for TriB599 by changing my plan unlimited which is showing activated from 1st May 2008 since as per customer care's call on 1504 and 1500 it was not activated till 2nd may but on 3rd it's showing that plan is activated from 1st may 2008.

also the downloaded data is added on new plan since till today 3rd may 10:45 pm i have not got the changed speed. Here i am getting the same speed as it was in unlimited plan 200 kbps to 222 kbps which should be according this plan upto 512 kbps for download/upload (with 2mbps).

I am calling them from last 3 day but I am not getting the perfect answer or solution. please suggest what should i do for this problem.

how can i move for Consumer court for the same??

Rajesh Kumar
              I, an executive of a limited company, would like to request you that we are bearing a telephone & Broadband connection with MTNL Delhi with unlimited plan of Rs. 649 per month. Broadband speed was 256 Kbps. I have change Plan and take TriB_Silver_Combo_Unlimited plan with broadband speed of 1Mbps of Rs. 3, 999 per month. Plan has changed from 1st June, 2009 but connection speed was not changed till 07 june, 2009. I have complained many time to customer care of MTNL, but always they has asked to solve this problem so early and couldn't anything for speed yet. I have also complain to SDO and ADO of Rohini sector 3 but nobody couldn't accepted to fixed this problem. I am very upset with this problem bkz we have urgent 1 Mbps speed for work. I am not understaning "who will fixed this proble as soon as possible". Please give suggestion to fixed this problem. I will be very thankful to you.

Warm Regards

Harindar Gupta
              [protected]@ngbm.net

Ref: Mobile No.[protected] de-activated by Distributor of Sim cards

Let me ask some questions

Who provides Mobile Services hence whose data bank should be upto date

Who has the right to disconnect the Mother Company (i.e. the Service provider ) or the Distributor ( who sells to agents & they in turn sell to subagent
                (I purchased from Vidit Communication 4th Lane, M R Road. Mumbai - 400 008) who in turn had purchased from Satyam Communication and satyam had procured the card from Astha the main distributor)

Who is a distributor does he have the right to dis-connect even if the Service provider data base is upto date of the user's details, Is a distributer over and above the service provider.

How can a distributor disconnect when he can acess the Mobile user data upto date online, on MTNL website and update his own records.

Who is responsible for the actions of the Distributor, why should the End user suffer due to this.

What is more Important the Data Base of MTNL (ie service provider to be upto date of the User's detail) or that of the Distributor who is only the Seller.

Since my address proof & photo has been given where it matters most i would request your self to kindly activate my mobile no & see to it that distributors do not trouble genuine customers.

Best Regards
                Sohail Darbar

MTNL Landline Phone No. 25961434
                  CA No. [protected]
                  From the date of installation till today no bill received at my address. I have given many complaint for this but bill is not received.
                  Please do something about my bill.

Othe Contact No. is [protected]
                  i am using the family & friend service and got a no. free.
                  but from last week all the no.i dialled are connected except the
                  no.which is free in my account.
                  i daily complaint for it but no action has been taken yet.
                  plz make it a point & take the necessary action as early as possible.

sumit gahlot
                  mob.no.[protected]
                  MTNL Landline Phone No. 28049547
                  CA No. [protected]
                  I am not receiving any bill before due date from MTNL, I have given many complaint for this but bill is not received.
                  Please do something about my bill.
                  Hi Team

My Ph no is[protected].i couldnot receive my telephone bill for last two months.
                  I have not received my bill before due date from MTNL, kindly see through it
                  My telephone no. 29564090
                  Non-receipt of bills.

Tel. No. :29965049

I am not receiving MTNL bills from day of my telephone connection as a result every time I will have to collect the duplicate bill copy from MTNL website(online) /or pay the penalty for late payment. Also Wi-Fi connection is not working. I have complaint many times but no action has been taken.. My ph connection & Internet is temporary suspended. I have checked my bill online in cyber cafe and trying to pay online through credit card but I am getting the following errors.

"No response From Payment Gateway or URL not Found
                  Unable to connect to Payment Gateway. Please try after sometime."

I would request you to kindly post the bill as well as make functioning of Wi-Fi connection and also let me know when I can pay bill from MTNL website( online). I will be grateful to you, if you active my telephone connection asap so that I can continue using the MTNL services.
                  dear sir,

i am costomer last 7-8 year my telephone no.is 22342103.my bill not received for me that the resons every month disconected my phone line.

MTNL Delhi — MTNL Delhi ..Unconscious towards customers problem

Dear all,

In response of the my previous mail some action has been taken place
                    by MTNL for my complaint.I would like to share my experience after
                    that complaint.It is kind request to pay some attention in the same.

On 6th April 2008 I registered a Handset for Garuda ' Vidyarthi
                    Plan'.I went for delevery on 7th April but could not get the delevery
                    due to reason mentioned...