Airtel

Airtel Complaints & Reviews

S
New Delhi, Delhi
Dear Sir

I am a prepaid customer of Airtel.
My mobile no is [protected].
From last 10 days, daily Re 1/- is deducting from my balance for Mobile Bazaar Alert service without my permission for activation.
I got a message from 5432105 on 15th Oct'10 that i[censored] want to stop this service, plz dial *321*669#. I hve dialled this no. but still my amount is deducting on daily basis.
Kindly do the needful. Waiting for your response.

Thanks and regards
Sulakshana

My no. is [protected]. I had not requested for any services but still my Rs. 20 have deducted from my prepaid account today.
Kindly do the needful. Waiting for your response.

Thanks and regards

Harpreet

M
    Mumbai, Maharashtra
    I have an Airtel pre-paid connection for more than 2 years now. Now suddenly I am getting message, when I am trying to make an outgoing call, to resubmit my documents for verification again, other wise my connection will be disabled. Infact, in a day arbitrarily the outgoing connection is disabled, I guess as a warning. The message does not state what all documents to be re-submitted. Infact, my father who has also has an Airtel pre-paid connection is experiencing the same issue.

It should be noted that the pre-paid connection were issued to only after submitting all the requisite documents. Why is the company then asking for the same documents again?

As consumers we are left with no choice but to give-in and re-submit the documents, how many ever times the Service Provider demands. But is it not the responsibility of the Service Provider to ensure that the documents submitted to them to be verified within a reasonable amount of time. Today, it is more than 2 years, and the call for vertification comes now, says a lot about how the company customer information processing department operates. Further randomly disabling outgoing calls is an arm-twisting practice on Airtel's part.

I feel they are harassing the customer for their inefficacy. This is not expected of a company like Airtel, who spends so much on their brand image, surely needs to look at their process loopholes.

Mumbai, Maharashtra
      Airtel DTH was installed at my place(B-15 Kehkashan Complex Phase 2 Koh-E-Fiza Bhopal) by M/S Laxmi DTH World ,21 c Ratangiri Raisen Road, Bhopal wide invoice no. 1110 dated 22 July 2010.It has taken me a weeks time to obtain my ID no. from the dealer by making innumerable telephone calls.(ID no:-[protected])

It is regretted to write that inspite of following repeated requests made to the Airtel Call Centre,signals have not been restored yet:-
      Sno. Date Request no.(given by call centre)
      1. 11.9.10 3818980
      2. 15.9.10 not given
      3. 28.9.10 3789496
      4. 2.10.10 4032900
      5. 17.10.10 4161565

(Note:-Many more complaints have been made for which record is not held)

Not only this no one has ever boytherd to inspect the installation or contact telephonically.

Request please arrange to expedite proper functioning of my DTH connection.

Thanking You.
      Major Lok Nath Jaggi
      Phone:-[protected],[protected]
      Email:-c/o [protected]@gmail.com

J
        Mumbai, Maharashtra
        I applied for a airtel sim card and this number([protected]) was assinged to me but when i got the sim the number was diffrent.I started using the number([protected]) which sim was given to me and the previous number was alloted to another person , but bill is still coming to my addres under my name and the number is still being used by other person till date.

I tried calling airtel customer care several times but after listning to problem they dissconnect my phone.They are not resolving this issue for the past two months.

Details of the number are as below
        Airtel Number : [protected]
        Relation Ship no : [protected]
        Bill no :[protected]
        Bill date : 6- Oct -2010
        Bill period : 5 -Sept -2010 to 4-Oct-2010
        Amt due : 1165.64

Airtel/SIM — billing

I am using air Tel network mobile number [protected].I using this number more than 5years with proper documents. recently i changed to billing for 3months with some schemes and now got bill of Rs250 something.yesterday i got a message to pay Rs.831 without any details.can you help me??///??????

R
          Bengaluru, Karnataka

Am receiving unwanted SMS from airtel. Offlate too many in number (8-10 per day).
          When i try to regster...
          S
          Chandigarh, Chandigarh
          sir i want to know my call details urgentlly, plz provide me, my contact is [protected]...

Dear Sir/ Madam,
          I am using Airtel Prepaid Service ([protected]) since past few years and I have submitted my documents long back. On 15 October when I was making an outgoing call, I received an IVR message that my Outgoing Calls have been barred due to incomplete papers. I was astonished to hear that, IVR was transferring my call to Customer Care Executive but it was all in vain. After many tries, I got a chance to speak to Customer Service Executive, I said that my OC has been barred she said I didnt submit the proper document. I said that I have been using Airtel for more that 7 years and the phone was registered under my name. She asked my name, I said its Rizwan Shaikh she replied that the phone number is under some Prakash Sawant. It was really very shocking for me to hear that. This was not the first I spoke with Customer Service, when ever I used to speak with them, they used to acknowledge my registered name and my number. I bet they should have the record in eCRM. I said that I was working for Airtel Postpaid (M&G circle) I asked her how come its showing different name, she replied you should know how it works. I really didn't get that point. She asked me to visit Airtel Outlet and submit the documents. My question is how come the SIM which was registered under my name was switched under somebody else name, how can Airtel be so negligent, and why should I re-submit the documents when I was having an uninterrupted service for years. I really need this to be rectified and seek your help in order to scrutinize this matter. There's something fishy!!!
          Your help will be really highly appreciated.
          Rizwan Shaikh
          I am also experiencing the same issue, of outgoing calls being barred. In fact, my father who also has a pre-paid connections is getting the same issue. Me and my father have been having the Airtel pre-paid connection for years now! Please note that we have got connection only on submitting all the documents. Why is the verification call coming after such a long time. Something is definitely not right.
          Even I am experiencing the same problem. I have been using Airtel for past 5 years after submitting all the documents. I am getting a message that "Sakal dvara jaari kiye gaye Nirdeshanusar aapke Dastavej poore nahi hai?" hence outgoing calls are blocked.

I tried to call customre care and the lady told me to resubmit the documents.

What the hell is this? Why is the verification call coming after such a long time. Something is definitely not right.

Sonali Noolkar
          i gave address proof but still my outgoing barred is not cleared

Satara, Maharashtra
            I had received a request to submit documents on 6th Oct 2010, I had submitted the documents on 8th Oct 2010, however since...
            M
            Vadodara, Gujarat
            I am apalled at the kind of trickery Airtel seems to be playing.

I was charged Rs 10 for some kind of subscription...

C
            Bengaluru, Karnataka
            on 3 rd of oct i wrote this given below e mail and many other reminder e mails to all airtel e mail ids like nodal officer, appletel, [protected]@airtelindia.com etc but till now they have not given any suitable reply and airtel has charged rs 1377/- within two days from my prepaid mobile no [protected] stating that i have used the gprs services where as i have never used any gprs services. i request all airtel users to keep trak of their prepaid mobile balance as that can get washed away one fine morning and you will be kept running behind airtel company. as they have not at all considered to my request yet.the e mail which i have sent to airtel is :

dear sir,
            my prepaid mobile no is [protected] ( chennai ). on 1st oct 3 pm i
            recharged
            my mobile with rs 777/- ( full talktime of rs 777/- ) and i received the
            message that the recharge is sucessful.
            on 1st oct and 2nd oct i hardle used my mobile for 10-12 calls. but when
            on
            3rd oct i dialled my mobile on 3rd oct i was just shocked to listen that my
            account does not have any balance. on 3rd oct my balance became zero.
            kindly check how my balance got zero. we never hoped such a big act of
            cheat by such a reputated company AIRTEL. i do hope you will consider this
            issue on priority and give reply. if my usage was for rs 777/- from 1st oct to
            3rd oct pls give complete breakup with calling list of numbers. in other case
            i
            will sure pass on this issue to our legal advisor for our right.
            pls reverse my balance of rs 777/- less the amount of calls made
            imediately
            and instantly.

thanks
            vinay khemka

the reply i received from airtel was :
            Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel.

We regret for the delay in replying your mail.

With reference to your email dated 04/10/2010 regarding balance depletion and
            requested the call details for your Airtel mobile number [protected].

We would like to inform you that basis of your complaint we have investigated
            the possibility of the same. As per our records we have found that you have
            been charge for the calls which has made your number to other number from
            01/10/2010 to 04/10/2010 for the same you can avail details for above call
            dates.

Airtel Chennai — False Deduction

My AIRTEL Mobile number is [protected] and I am using lifetime incoming free prepaid card.

On 25th Sep’08 at midnight 3.18am I received a SMS from 64611015 AIRTEL number that “Thanks for downloading animation from AIRTEL live WAP service and you have been charged Rs.15/-. This is absolutely ridicules and unacceptable.

This is an example but every time when recharge with top up the amount has been swallowed with some reasons even some time without reasons.

If this is been continuing, I will not go to consumer court but I will change to some other network.

Jane Fredrick

iam paluri narayana murthy,
            my phone number is [protected]
            andhra pradesh
            visakhapatnam.
            I have not requested for any subscription of any service of funclub. but unnecessarily my Rs10/= per day are deducted from 26th dec till date.Also a message is given to me daily in this meanwhile that "Thanks for subscribing for funclub service. you have been credited Rs.10/=. Enjoy http://m.igfun.com."

unnecessarily my balance is deducted every day and i am facing very inconvenience.

Please do the needful to remedy this problem as soon as possible.
            sir/madam

My name is vikas & my mobile no [protected]. there is deduction of 27.21 rs from my mobile on 3rd march 2009 . On talking to custmer care they tell you make a ISD call, but i didn't make any such call.
            Please solve my problem.

thanks
            my contact no. is [protected] there is deduction from my balance inspite of asking ur customer care to stop job alert services please solve my problem
            Hi, The chennai airtel service is very bad, today also they deduct Rs.30/- from my account due to talkies, but i"nt any service. what the next step to stop and recovry it.

my no:[protected]
            My airtel number is +[protected] and has been purchased from Siliguri. From the past couple of days there was a Rs 5 (daily) deduction for some VAS called Hungama Videos on Demand and a Rs 1(daily) deduction for job alerts.

I have not activated any such VAS's on my number and was totally unaware about it until 12th June, 2011 when I spoke to a customer care executive about the deduction and she told me it was for some video download and was activated since 21st May , 2011.

I tried explaining her that no such request for activation was made from my end and I have not even utilized the service even once. She told me that all she can do is deactivate, but couldn't reimburse my money back.

I asked her to connect to her senior colleague and upon such a request the call was put on hold for 20 minutes and I was unable to speak to the senior person. After that I tried calling back again and found that I am unable to speak to the customer care executive. I have been polite enough to present my case again and again but there has been complete negligence on their part.

I am writing this mail to you with a hope that some action will be taken from your end and you will ensure that the false deduction is reimbursed back to my account since the amount slowly has increased to approximately Rs. 144 ( 5* 24 + 1*24)

After doing all this , i have waited for two days and still they continue to deduct my balance . Cant even connect to the customer care.

Waiting in anticipation and look forward to some quick action

Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
              Vasant kundj, Phase-II,
              New Delhi-70, India

Sub - Compline about mobile bill
              Reff - My email letter Dt.22.04.2010

With reference to above my Email letter Dt.22.04.10 I send 4(four) complain among only 1(one) complain no.4 solved by company. Complain no. 1 to 3 is not solved yet to-day. I request once again to take necessary action as following matter:-

Detail of Mobile Card:
              (1) [protected] - 39 Rs. Montly rent
              (2) [protected] - 0 Rently schme

My Job has transferred from G.S.R.T.C. Divisional office Rajkot to Central Office, Vahavyavhar , G.S.R.T.C. Ahemedabad, Traffic Department since Dt. 03.07.2009.

Pending – Complaine :-

(1) My above both mobile card bills not received personally last 1-year, so I could not know about what is the bill amount acutely by your company.
              (2) As above mention no.1 G.S.R.T.C. has not cut off regular bill amount from my salary
              (3) As above mention no. 1 to 2 matter fortunately both card bills not received, my bill amount will be biggest in future. I am not able to effort this biggest amount as a responsible for your company for not provide regular actual bill me and my organization G.S.R.T.C. It is your duty to regular bill each & every customers.
              (4) My above both mobile card bill much amount than actual used by me.

New – Complaine :-

(1) I request you Please send me as per below Performa, Jan-09 to Sep-10 My above both mobile Number Actual bill and bill amount received from my salary.
              No. Month Airtel Acutal Bill Amount Bill Amount Receive form My Salay Account
              1 Jan-09
              2 ….

Sep-10

With above matter I request to take immediately proper action within 3-day and reply my email address until Otherwise I have to put above matter in to consumer form.

Yours faithfully

Samir s kacha
              G.S.R.T.C. Centeral office,
              Ahemedabad

COPY :- Genear managar, Consumer form, Pl. real above complaint , I wrote many time,but company has not provide me satisfied answer which I mension in application. so I please take necessary action for getting satisfied awnsar / action or company provied me feedbak
              Kacha Samir Shashikant

(2) My email letter Dt.08.10.2010

Detail of Mobile Card:
              (1) [protected] - 39 Rs. Montly rent
              (2) [protected] - 0 rently schme

With reference to above matter I once again request to take necessary action and give me feed back or replied by my email address [protected]@yahoo.co.in , as Intimation thru my mobile no [protected]

(1) Company gives confirmation how much Amount bill is paid from my G.S.R.T.C. Salary account against company actual bill amount by every month
              (2) My above both mobile bill is much higher than actual used by me. I check each & every day bill amount, if found any misbehaviyar / tricks used by company I will put this matter to direct to consumer form.

With above matter I request to take immediately proper action within 3-day and reply my email address, Otherwise I have to put above matter in to consumer form.

Yours faithfully

Samir s kacha
              G.S.R.T.C. Centeral office,
              Ahemedabad
              I am regular user of airtel mobile since 2007. Some time I face network problem so I want to change my mobile orpeter. I sent message to airtel & I also recived port nu. After 2 days I call from airtel executive, asked me why u change airtel orpeter. I tell all about but his agersive nature didn't agree with me. Passed 1 month airtel didn, t change my orpeter else he started many paid scheem with my no.I am compline many time to airtel but no reply. I want to change my sim orpeter but airtel didn't support me. Plz help me.

Y
                Mumbai, Maharashtra
                I am Yogendra Sontakke. I was a customer of Airtel Broadband. I got a bill in excess of 8000Rs, when my normal bill used to...
                B
                Nashik, Maharashtra
                That I am subscriber of Mobile No. [protected]since 2009. I have purchased Sim after proper requirements of Photo and indentity...

B
                Aluva, Kerala
                We moved to chennai and took airtel digital tv connection. Since then our Tv shows a peculiar problem. The screen goes black after after 2 minutes, audio is there but the screen is black for next few seconds. After 15 minutes it shows security problem and then we have to restart the set top box and the same loop continues. We lodged the complaint and technicians from airtel came and said there is no problem with set top box. So eventually we changed the lcd itself and the problem is still there. Its been 6 months like this and we rarely watch television even though we have spent nearly 1 lac on it.

U
                  Mumbai, Maharashtra
                  customer care helpline whose executives actually need help....

since 2 days i was trying airtel digital customer care for providing me the nearest dealers address....but i think the executives are for out of the world who dont know how to get a near by dealer from my mailing address...although they have my full postal address in their system,they are unable to provide me the dealer near to my are.....

am sorry to say....but i didnt xpect this type of service from airtel....

i just wanna know what action can be taken so that these ppl will take their customers seriously....

if it doesnot go well... god bless airtel

Chennai, Tamil Nadu

I recharged for rs.333. Ezrecharge charged me 358 for my recharge. The amount was charged to my credit card. But My transaction was not successful. As a result my mobile was not recharged for the amount. Please assist.

transaction ID:[protected]
                    Mobile Number: [protected]

email id: [protected]@yahoo.com
                    Nice talking to you Anuarpith. As we stated over the phone, recharge request was
                    rejected by the Airtel and money transferred back to your ez wallet account. You
                    can re deem it for any mobile number of your choice.

For rest of the viewers, we glad to say that Mr. Anuarpith is the happy customer o[censored]s
                    On August 24, 2011 at 08:59 AM, my Delhi mobile no. [protected] was charged through Ezrecharge for talktime of Rs. 1.00 against MRP Rs. 111.00 vide Transaction ID No.[protected]. Further on the same day at 08:27 AM again on recharge of MRP Rs. 200 the same phone was charged by Rs. 1.00 only vide transaction ID no.[protected]. Thus in these two tranctions total Rs.311 has been deducted from my account against the charge of Rs.2 transfered to my mobile. I feels to be cheated and want my additional deducted amount refunded.

Lohaghat, Uttarakhand
                      To,
                      Admin

Subject: Auto balance deduction

...

P
                      Mumbai, Maharashtra

I have booked the Airtel Dish TV in the begining of Oct 2010 and had istalled the same on 9th of oct 2010. They have claimed an amount of rs 120 towerds extra cable of 10 metere. As per the actual length of cable, it comes around 18 metre. My question is how much the cable should be given to the customer free of cost.

while booking of the dish TV, the airtel guy confirmed that the installation will be done free of cost but it is not true.

need a justification for the above please.

The name of the guy is Gaurav ( Tel phone no- [protected]) who installed the Dish and charged Rs 120 wrongly. I have all the documents for the above.

Customer ID-[protected], Customer Name- Pinaki Mandal
                      SIR,
                      I, Kishan Singh Dev Singh Rajput, applied for above connection at my residence and paid Rs.1590/- through my wife Mrs. Godawari Kishan Singh Rajput (UTI)- Axis Bank cheque no. 191791 dt. 5/3/2011. The cheque cleared on 8/3/2011. I am sorry to inform you that despite many time conversation with your local and Delhi based representative, on phone, sms and E-mail, the job has not been done till date.
                      Please, give necessary instructions to connect the Dish TV connection immediately or refund the amount.

Thanks.

Kishan Singh Dev Singh Rajput
                      A/5, Nandigram Society, Nana Chiloda Road
                      Opp. Noblenagar,
                      A'bad-382340
                      M-[protected]/[protected]

Yours Faithfully
                      Kishan Singh
                      muje ahemdabad me nana chiloda ke dilar ka number chaiye to plz muje [protected] par call kijiye

R
                        Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
                        Airtel Retailer (Ajay Fashion world Mobile Shop, Lodhipara chowk, Raipur Contact No-[protected],[protected]) charged me Rs 40/-...

Respected Sir/Madam

I would be very thankful to you, if you would kindly furnish me the incoming and outgoing calls/SMS details of the past 4 months (APRIL-MAY- JUNE-JULY) of my Airtel mobile ([protected]), to my e-mail a//c [protected]@gmail.com. Phone is registered under my name Rizwan Shaikh

I have been plagued by the hoax calls. I was hospitalized due to serious brain injury and I am still bed ridden.

I would be very grateful to you if you would kindly resolve this problem, by providing me with the call/ SMS details or guiding me to get the same from my service provider. Calling the customer care of Airtel is in vain.

Please help and rescue me out of this situation, I will always be indebted to your benevolence for the lifetime.

AirTel — Call details request

i m using airtel company's prepaid card with no. [protected]. and i want to know my incoming & outgoing details for this month (October 2009)
                        plz send my detail's to my e mail id......