Saraswat Bank
The Saraswat Coop Bank Ltd.

Saraswat Bank Customer Care

TwitterFacebook
Building No. 2, Topiwala Wadi, Swami Vivekanand Road, Goregaon West
Mumbai City District

Nodal Officer

Mr. A.S.Jain
Chief General Manager

The Saraswat Coop Bank Ltd
Saraswat Bank Ekanath Thakur Bhawan, 953, Appasaheb Marathe Marg Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025

Financial Requirement of Mid & Large Corporates

Mr. N.J.Mehta
Chief General Manager & CEO-Marketing

1st floor, Mittal Court, A Wing, Nariman Point, Opposite Vidhan Bhavan Marg, Mumbai 400021
Tel: +91 22 4368 2000, +91 22 4368 2024

For Microfinance & SME

Ms. U.A.Dharadhar
General Manager (Marketing of SME & Micro Finance)

Phatak Building,1st floor, 66, Nehru Road, Vile Parle East, Mumbai 400057
Tel: +91 22 2467 1227, +91 22 2612 6401

For Individual /Retail Queries

Shirish V. Mhambrey
Chief General Manager - Retail

Saraswat Bank Ekanath Thakur Bhavan, 953, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025

For SBU-Merged Banks related Queries

Mr Abhay Limaye
General Manager - SBU-Merged Banks(Gandhakosh)

For Queries related to Business / Wholesale Advances

Fri 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
Sat 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
Sun Closed

Saraswat Bank Complaints & Reviews

Dear Sir, My name is Mandar S, Jejurikar, from Pune, Maharashtra. I had taken Home Loan from Saraswat Bank, Sinhgad Road, At the time of Loan Sanctioned due to Guarantor not confirm in his service bank charged me 0.5% percentage extra Rate of Interest for 3 Years. They said they will roll back this extra Rate of Interest after 3 years. Now after completion of 3 years I contact branch manager for the same. But he refused to reverse extra Rate of Interest. Branch Manager is change now, old Branch Manager (Mrs Prabhune) has accepted that she told me that she will reverse the extra Rate of Interest but now since there is no written anywhere bank is not reversing the extra Rate of Interest. Please let me know what I could do for this.

My mother Padmaja p Raje is 77 years old having sb ac with your borivali branch ac no [protected].On 28 jan she applied for cheque book after many time calling at branch she got reply that your cheqe book is recd plz collect and when she went to collect same for her surprise counter people after searching lot not found her cheque book after 4 days she went again this time counter person told its delivered to your home but till today she has not received any cheque book she is staying alone in house so some body else must have taken this theory doesnt work also she had undergone back surgery so house was locked is also not possible .Now my complaint is that cheqe book delivered to whom and who is responsible for mental trouma we allgo through as being a sr citizen she feel like cheated by bank and every day complaing us for same.Plz look into this matter urgently Thanking you Vandana Parlikar [protected]/[protected]

The banker passed wrong entry and credited quarterly interest on deposited into my account. This happened regularly for two years. Being debit card user I did not notice the accumulation of amount. I was regularly withdrawing amount to the extend of salary deposited into the bank. One suddenly I realised that my account is almost nil. I took a monthly statement from ATM and I found that Rs. 72000/- has been withdrawn.The banker had transfer of full amount to rectify their error. No intimation of this transaction was given to me. The bank manager behaved as if Iam the culprit. This Happened a year back. In all Rs.1, 03, 000 were deposited in my account. According to the banker I have used Rs. 31000/- out of 103000/-. After several request and visits the details were given to me. If my intension was to enjoy others money I would have never accumulated Rs. 72000/- on my account.

I also hold car loan account in the same bank and for last 2 years, Iam paying loan installment in cash every month. ( I was jobless for 6 month but I manage to pay loan installment for 4 months and requested bank to lower my premium from Rs. 7500/- to Rs. 4000/-. The banker turn down my request and in reply said that I will be listed as defaulter. I took a loan on my Insurance policy and repaid all the pending installments.

For the month of June 14, the installment was paid in cash on 14th of July instead of 10th July 2014 and I received and SMS on 18th July saying my account is debited towards my loan account amounting to Rs. 7500/-on 18th July 2014 and the current balance in my account is Rs.6, 822/- .This was again the suprise. I think I had balance between 10, 000/- to 11, 000/- and Rs. 6822/- will not be the balance in my account.When checked with manager he wrote saying that I have only Rs. 752/- in my account.

The manager wrote :" visit my branch personally to resolve your issue which I could not do. The manager does not reply to my emails after that.

I do not know whether Iam dealing with right banker. I lost confident, I have decided to close relations with bank once my loan account is clear...I hope they don't play with my loan account and make poor man's life miserable.

I request the authority to please check the status and assure me the accuracy of my loan and saving account which are as under

My Name : Laxman Kambli
      Bank Saraswat Bank
      Branch : Panaji
      Saving Account No. 7909
      Loan account No. SL PUB 4336
      My contact No.[protected]

Thanking You.

Lkambli

Dear Sir, I given latter to Sarswat bank on[protected] for deduct Home loan from sarswat Saving A/C No. 24006345, and that latter accepted. Than after 9-4-2012 Sarswat bank send ECS to my Indusind salary A/C No 0018Y46804001, but insufficient balance so ECS returned and panaly charged in salary A/C. I given other latter on 25/5/2013 to refund my deducted amount Rs. 280.90 +393.26 = 674.16/- (by mistake of Sarswat Bank employee), and that latter also accepted, but till date I not received my deducted amount. Now my request, kindly give my deducted amount and take legal action to erasing to innocent customer. Kindly do the needful at the earliest. Regards A.S. Nair, Room No. 1, Amrula Chawl, Dhobi Ghat, H.B. Road, Malald - East, Mumbai - 400097 Mobile No. [protected] [protected]
        Deducted cash in my Salary A/C for mistake of Sarswat Bank employee Inbox 	x
        Deducted cash in my Salary A/C for mistake of Sarswat Bank employee Inbox 	x

Dear Sir.. I had approached your Gadkari Chowk branch for home loan of about 30lakhs for a property in Pune worth around 60lakhs. I was told I was not eligible for the loan. I work in Merchant Navy as a 2nd Officer earning on an average about 2 lakh rs per month in a reputed shipping company.I have maintained a healthy bank balance with adequate investments . It is a norm in our field that all officers are recruited on contract basis and in majority cases they are retained after completion of contract. In my last 9 years of service I have changed my company only once and that also because this present company had better conditions of employment than my previous employer. It would be highly beneficial if you could train your loan officers regarding various professions that exist around. I was told by the loan officer that due to my nature of occupation and myself being a contract worker I am ineligible for loan which is very much insulting to me and my profession.Your bank stresses on being pro Maharashtrian and Saraswat... I belong to both categories. I am not asking you to reconsider my case as I dont want any relationship with an Institution which dishonours my profession. I can very well finance my loan from any other reputed bank who respect me my profession and are more than eager to finance me. I only wanted to highlight the pathetic and ignorant attitude of your staff. I sincerely hope that you train your staff better . Best Regards Angad Ajgaonkar

Saraswat bank (Matunga) Branch Manager is forcing female candidate to do door to door marketing for account it is so risky for female candidate. Now days lots of rape cases we have seen in Mumbaiand after that forcing them to do door to door marketing is not good for them and she also Forcing employees to work after bank timing and harassing them.

I want a locker in saraswat bank therefor i apply for locker , at thet time they give burden of lots of prosier & investment...

My father died in 2009 and made final and registered will. He transferred his ownership in my name. I live in US and I made vigorous efforts to transfer in my name for the last two years. My lawyer in India submitted all legal papers immediately after death of my father to Chairman of Society but in vain. What authority I should consult to resolve this issue. Chairman puts all blames on other members.

Respected SIr/Madam,
                I Saurabh Ravindra Patil have applied for car loan of Rs 4.5L from saraswat coperative bank form karve nagar branch on around 25th december 2011..Initially I have enquired from Ganesh Nagar branch,Hinjewadi branch,call center and all and confirmed that there was no pre-payment penanlty charges . I was told that there would not be any pre payment penalty charges and ROI will be 11.25/11.5 for 3/5 years. My main aim was no pre-payment penalty charges so I apted for this bank for car loan. To my utter surprise in my sanction letter [after long run for disbursement of loan] it was mentioned 0.5% as pre-payment penanlty charges which when I enquired back ,they said that from earlier we have same scheme. So I was cheated in this case . I have raised complain to mumbai branch and they are in talk with their concerned mgmt but there is no response.
                I have to complain against this branch against fraud case with the customer of giving wrong information and changing the rates at run time.

As aproof I have the email from the customer care which clearely specifies that there is no pre-payment penanlty charges[As attached].

Saraswat Bank — Loan payment

My father was took loan and non repayment after death, bank is informing 2years after his death. The main point now my brother make the payment to bank but bank give legal notice before meeting him out the out of settlement. please help us.

I have taken vehicle loan of rs. 73000 / - on 09 / 09 / 2011 from saraswat bank ltd, ghatlodia branch ahmedabad. And my due date for loan has fixed on 09th of every month. For that i have given 12 post dated cheques for my payments to bank. In the month of december the bank employee send my pdc on 04th december 2011 for installment due on 09th of this month and due to insufficent balance my icici bank has return this cheque and for that bank charge me rs. 386 in my account. I have request to saraswat bank for reimburse this money due to that was not my mistake. But bank has asked me that we can not reimburse this money. Even i have ask to saraswat bank for apology letter but bank also not give any answer.

The South Indian Coop Bank Ltd.which had its head office in Matunga,Mumbai with 13 Branches in Mumbai suburb went into moratorium in Aug.2004.This 85 year old reputed Bank efficiently managed till then went into the hands of a fraudulent politician,Raghavan Sarathy who had rich contacts with ruling Cong.MP Gurudas Kamath.The two alongwith other office bearers of the managing Committee siphoned off the innocent and other elder citizen's hard earned savings very meticulosly over a period of 2 years.They had fictitious account opened and distributed in benami names without taking into account the credentials of the borrowers or their assets. KamalTowing was one such beneficiary in the scam operated by Raghavan Sarathy and Co.He was given Rs.40+ croreswithout any aecurity measures.
                    The EOW had filed criminal case against the 3 fraudsters and were in prison for 3 months; but enjoying 5 star lifestyle.A depositor's forum was registered to take up the matter with RBI ,State Coop ministry and Central ministry level.
                    But Who listens to ordinary citizens and that too educated middleclass working sector.
                    Ultimately,in Aug.2008,under RBI's compulsory merger scheme,the multistate owned Saraswat Coop Bank Ltd.acquired the erstwhile South Indian Coop Bank under RBI's directive.
                    Initially,they agreed to pay only 55% of the deposits held;then after much pursuation and protests,they increased the amount by another 10%.Those depositors who had deposits upto Rs.1 lakh got the balance amount from the depositor's Insurance guarantee Co.Even after good recovery during that time,they didn't make further disbursements.
                    It's more than 2 years since they took over;the Bank is not considering any proposal to return the balance 35% deposits to those depositors who had above Rs.1 lakh.Is there any law on land that the Govt.institutes behave such irresponsible way and dupe the citizens for no fault of theirs and escape from punishment?
                    Already over 500 deaths have been reported since the moratorium period because of panic and helplessness;want of money to take medical treatments and day to day living needs.
                    I request the Forum to slap notice on Saraswat Coop Bank Ltd.to immediately repay the balance 35 % to the depositors.
                    The Bank boasts of Rs.20000 Crores Business in the last FY2010 and wants to achieve Rs.25000 Cr.in the Current FY.
                    At What Cost?Taking the goodwill of the depositors and Blessings of the Sr.Citizens OR by the Bitter Curses and abuses of the depositors.
                    I pray Justice should not be denied in a democratic Country.
                    Yours Truly,
                    Murali

SICBL – The South Indian Co-operative Bank Ltd was an 85-year old well-run traditional Bank started in Matunga, Mumbai (at...

I had more than Rs 2 lakhs deposit both in savings & fixed in South Indian C-op Bank Ltd. After it was taken over by Saraswat Bank, 35 % has been deducted which comes yo a substantial amount. We poor people cannot afford to lose this amount.We want our hard earned money.My husband Shri.T.L Swamy who deposit in SICBL passed away in JUne 2006.

I want our balance 35 %.Saraswat Bank should do best to help the victimsand stern action against defaulters who are not paying back on the loan taken from SICBL.

SMT.T.V.BALAMBAL
                      7B/24,GANGA MATHURA C-OP HSNG SCTY,
                      BRINDAVAN COMPLEX,
                      THANE -WEST -400601
                      TEL No :[protected].
                      CELL No.[protected]
                      Kindly let us known the latest balance of A/C No :-31043.I am awaiting for your reply.

Best Regards,
                      Sarbeshwar padhi.

Co-operative Banks, particularly UCBs, hold deposits worth crores from public. When it comes to customer service and accountability,...

My client i.d is 11590128 and the D.P. Id is IN300829

I had submitted my requisition slip fpr demat delivery book to the wadala branch of your bank which was then forwarded to vashi office demat department via computer. As per tals with Priya madam and Neeraj, my request was processed on 5th jan 2010 and the book was dispatched for delivery on 9th of jan 2010 via professional courier.

Since i did not receive any delivery book since last 7 days, I got in touch with Priya madam to confirm the deliver on 9th. She said she would find out the status of delivery of the book and with this regards we have talked to Priya madam for last 3-4 days but till date I am not aware of the status of delivery of my book.

My house is open 24 hours and no day my house was ever closed.

We are charged Rs. 100 for delivery on second day before 9 a.m. even though we are within stipulated delivery time by your bank. Now when i have not received the delivery book who is responsible for the same.

Today when i called up at 9.30, I was told that the staff comes at 10.30 and can be contacted at around 11.am. I was told to contact Mr. Manna- officer incharge. I have informed telephonically abt the non delivery to dadar department and wadala department.
                        Regards to Client ID : 11505137, DP – ID : IN300829, Bank A/c : 13353

I am an saving ac holders in saraswat bank in grant road branch ... I have my demate ac to which i wanted to close it but for this i must have visited the mentioned branch minimum 8 times as employer are not ready to take the responsibility and just says fill the form without educating the ac holder like what needs to be filed ...

I can says that this branch is spooling the reputation .. Do something or will start losing the customers .

I had received my ATM card by an local couriers in Pune. Unfortunately after opening it I found out the the ATM PIN was not supplied along with my ATM card. I visited the karve road branch, pune, and informed them about the same. I was told to wait for another courier that would be reach me within a day or two, today makes a month since I have been waiting for my A/c ATM pin. A few days ago I visited the branch to inquire about my ATM pin, but I was answered in an very abrupt way as if I was responsible. I think Saraswat co-op bank was my mistake to open an account with. The employees are just rude in their behavior and language. They don't understand their responsibilities but disgracefully show their authority seated in their chairs. So now I hope they improve their language and responsibilities after they read this complaint of mine on this consumer complaints web site.
                          I had received my ATM card by an local couriers in Mumbai. Unfortunately after opening it I found out the the ATM PIN was not supplied along with my ATM card.

On 13-apr-2008, I tried to withdraw Rs. 1000/- from AXIS Bank ATM located at Nallasopara (W) as Saraswat Bank has tie up with AXIS Bank for ATM services. There I tried 2 times & got "request time out" message both the times and the slip doesn't print at all. When I checked the balance of my account on 16-apr-2008, I noticed a difference of Rs 1000/- and then submiited the complaint letter to the Goregaon (West) Branch of saraswat Bank. But till then instead of regular followups & telephones, till date I have not received my money back. Also there is no responser from the bank when it will be credited. I only receive the message that they have not getting the report from AXIS bank.

I request you to look into the matter so that I get my money back .

I am demat account holder in sarawat co-op bank vashi.I wanted a bank statement about my asset.The bank agreed and said they will charge 500 rs.I agreed but when the paper was ready the branch manager Mr redkar asked me 6000 for a copy.I was shocked i said i need to send this to 10 us univ so that my son gets admission and visa he replied saying 60000 Rs for 10 copies can RBI help me or any body help me in this regard