Airtel Complaints & Reviews

So far so good - The company responded to our notifications
So far so good - The company responded to our notifications
Profile
File a Complaint

Having problems with Airtel ?

File a Complaint and get it resolved. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

File Complaint Now
Recently Resolved

Without my knowledge they have increased the airtel postpaid credit limit to 1300 customer is not aware of this and i know that next bill would be more because all my friends who used airtel had same line issue they went through lot of torture and i was there. They switched to jio and vodaphone. Now these are doing the same to me i use basic plan and now they revised to 1300 without my knowledge.
Aug 6, 2017

This is with reference to your post, dated 5 July 2017 .

We would like to acknowledge that we are working to address your concern as soon as possible.

We will connect with you to get additional details, if required, to resolve the concern effectively.

bhartiairtel ltd

Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

Hi;

i recently ported-in my number [protected] to Airtel Maharashtra from Jio Chennai.

After porting i am facing an issue with incoming calls from my donor operator .i.e Jio, whoever calls me from Jio network gets a message of 'This is an invalid number' .

I thing my number is not updated with proper routing details by either donor or receiver operator.

Ajinkya Pujari
    Aug 28, 2017

We would like to confirm that we have shared the resolution details with you.

Should you require further information, please feel free to write to us at [protected]@in.airtel.com

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
    The issue is still not resolved, there is some technical glitch from either Jio's end or Airtel's end.

But thanks anyways for the prompt action taken by airtel nodal authority.

I got a SMS from Airtel saying Recharge 399 plan - Rs399=70GB(1GB/day)+Unlimited calls, 70 days.
      I recharged the same using “My Airtel” app. After recharge, I got a SMS as "congrats! You have got free data and local + STD calls for 70 days.
      But when I checked in “My Airtel” app it is showing only 1.5 GB data and validity is 31st July 2017 (I have recharged on 4th July 2017). I have attached all the 3 screenshots below for the reference. Please resolve the addressed Issue. Let me know if you need more information regarding the same. Thanks in advance.

Recharge Date – 4/7/2017 10:00 AM
      Transaction ID[protected]
      Handset - iPhone 7
      Sim - 4G sim
      Location - Bangalore

Chethan Raj
      Aug 14, 2017

Dear Chetan,

This is with reference to your post, dated 05 July 2017.

Jul 10, 2017
      Updated by Chethanrajp
      Thanks Rakesh. Let me know if there is any update.
      Jul 14, 2017
      Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 5 July 2017 .

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

Hello sir my number [protected] my friend airtel number [protected] i will recharge on[protected] ₹799 tiwce pls. Refund 799
        Updated by Veerabhadrachari
        Hello sir on 26/06/2017 I will recharge my friend number [protected] ₹ 799 tiwce (two time) on my SBI credit card. Please refund one. Recharge 799

My airtel mobile is [protected], but this number was deactivated on[protected] on evening and still not activated. and i have called to customer care of airtel they not giving me satisfactory reply. they also told me take our Postpaid connection at the same mobile number and prepaid can not be activated. why this. please activate my prepaid number. thanks.
          Aug 18, 2017

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 05 July 2017.

concern.

However, there was no response;we will appreciate if you could share your alternate contact details and convenient time to call for resolving your concern effectively.

Rakesh Kumar
          airtel presence (airtel Customer service team)

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

Your customer executive messaging me, "as per govt. Direction it is mandatory that you have to link your sim card with aadhar." it is free of cost but the nearest retailer/distributor charges me upto 30 rupees about this. So i am unable to link my sim card with aadhar. Retailer/distributor address-at/po/ps-kamakhyanagar, dist-dhenkanal, odisha, pin-759018, plz help me and take necessary action and give me this service in free for which i shall be obliged.
            Aug 18, 2017

Aug 13, 2017
            Updated by Rudra Prasad Dash
            Reminder No. 1(An early action is needed)
            Your customer executive messaging me, "as per govt. directives, it is mandatory that you have to link your sim card with aadhar." it is free of cost but the nearest retailer/distributor charges me upto 30 rupees about this. So i am unable to link my sim card with aadhar. Retailer/distributor address-at/po/ps-kamakhyanagar, dist-dhenkanal, odisha, pin-759018, plz help me and take necessary action and give me this facility in free of cos for which I shall be obliged.
            Oct 19, 2017
            Updated by Rudra Prasad Dash
            Reminder No. 2(An early action is needed)

My self Suresh eedara, I was used Airtel landline[protected] June 2016 to March 2017.

I paid every month bill on or before date, In the month of march 2017 I requested to Airtel customer care executives deactivate my account but they convinced me to put my account on safe custodian mode it will cost 200 monthly and the executive told me It will active only as per my request when ever i want.
              After one month( April 2017) I got one message stating your safe custodian mode deactivate then immediately I called to the customer care executives, they told the message you received due to technical error still your account in safe custodian mode.

Again I called to the customer care executives on June 4th requesting to shift my connection from old address to new address
              .From that day on words the executives wasted my time like hell and almost I spoke with 25 executives from June 4th to June 10th each executive saying different different answers in between surprisingly my bill got generated for the month of June, again I called and asked them how the bill get generated safe custodian mode account they don't have any answer and they kept my call hold almost 40 - 60 Min each time I lost two valuable working days because of the executives irresponsible and irrespective answers.

I requested them to deactivate my account but they haven't raise any of complaints and comments about my account why I want to deactivate.

They are activate services in customer accounts with out customer confirmation but they don't care when customer raise any request.

As I agreed safe custodian mode activate on my account I can pay that amount (200 each month) from March to May and I requested them to deactivate my account in the month of June but they didn't do It so I am not responsible for the month of June.

3 months safe custodian mode charges 600 rupees,
              My advance at Airtel people 500 rupees so I owe only 100 rupees to Airtel people on my account.

But I have faced hell kind of new sense and Airtel people wasted my valuable time from last one month.

Please help me and take me out from this Airtel.
              Aug 19, 2017

Jul 09, 2017

This is with reference to your post dated 4 July 2017 .

We are working on your concern and would require some more time to resolve it. We shall keep you updated of the progress.

Jul 19, 2017

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

This is the very worst situation I ever had, my number is barred due to not clearing the previous providers bill, the thing is I've cleared my bills before porting to Airtel, but now after a year Airtel barred my number due to not paying bill of aircel, does it makes sense, because of barring my number [protected] I lost so many opportunities and money too, even I tried paying the bill many times but m getting error as it is already ported to Airtel, I tried calling Aircel customer care too but when I selected postpaid option the call is getting transferred to prepaid & they are not transferring the call to postpaid, m wexed of doing all these things, will file a complaint on both Aircel and Airtel really m tiered of chasing you ppl
                Aug 13, 2017

Dear Balaji Murari,

Apologies for all the inconveniences. Further, we would like to inform you that you need to pay the bill in cash (or by card) by visiting any Aircel store (physically) only. You will receive the receipt or NOC then, which you need to carry to your current service provider to get your services resumed.
                Also, we would like to mention that you will not be able to pay the bill via online or via any other method except by visiting an Aircel store.

Warm Regards,
                Aircel Social Media Team

Dear sir
                  my Subjected No. sim not work from 02/07/2017 I got my SIM replaced on 03/07/2016 but it's yet not activated. Got mail that it will be activated within 4 hrs. It's more than 30 hrs now. Called customer care 4 times & for that i complain at Airtel at different stage. But all level commitment not fulfill. Request to take this matter serious & resolve it by today itself.
                  Sep 1, 2017

Updated by Shwetagothe
                  To highlight airtel no is not working since 3 days. My husband is in marketing field, you can imagine the loss because o[censored]r issue
                  Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 04 July 2017.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

Airtel is asking for service charge 150 rs for dish antenna setting. I have read the trai guide lines it clearly says no charge shall be given of repairing or maintenance of CPE. Kindly solve the issue as my DTH set top box not working since last two days. Why I should pay for the service now.
                    Customer id [protected]
                    Engineer service charge

I was complaint 3 times as my area having not proper signal. even i make a call more than 10 times i was tried & also after connected with in 5 minutes it was cut the call. in between this 5 mins, i can't hear the words from opposite side person, cost only deducted by AirteCOUTLl. poor service. my area pin code is 631605. Already 3 times i was complaint. But no response. Last 6 months we are in struggle, & also we use the same number for data card, It was also not getting properly, My last 3 complaint ref no. I mentioned below.
                      1. COUTL[protected] ON 25-APR-2017 @19:11.
                      2. COGCL[protected] ON [protected]@18:42.
                      3. COGCL[protected] ON [protected]@17:59.

The Above ref. numbers problem was not solved. So please take necessary action.
                      Aug 5, 2017

This is with reference to your post, dated 4 July 2017 .

We are keen to resolve your concern; however, we will require your alternate contact number and convenient time to call for resolving your concern effectively.

We look forward to receive the required details.

My Airtel account id is [protected]
                        Please change the number to [protected].
                        I lost my previous number. Due to an accident.
                        My current number is [protected]. So please change my registered number to my current number. I will be happy if you change the number. If I want to know about balance, registered number is required. So please change my number. .
                        Aug 12, 2017

Updated by kiran teja
                        Someone phoned me . They draw the amount from my account 20, 000 rupees

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

I lost my mobile redmi4 having sim nos.[protected], [protected] a BSNL and Airtel sim. I lost it on my way back after college from womens christian college while travelling in bus No. 27L from the college bus stand to mogappair in the evening between 5.30 and 7.00p.m. The bus which i was in the second which came just after few mintues. it took place on the 4th of july 2017. The bus was rushy and the conductor asked us to give the bags to those who are seated. After i reached my stop i did not find my mobile.
                          So I kindly request you to find my set.
                          Aug 27, 2017

Updated by mary roby
                          Thank you sir.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
                            I am airtel user for last 10 years, recently for the last one month or so i am having problem with voice breaking and call...

My internet is running under slow speed and router takes more than 4 min to on the internet

I paid a money for new broadband connection in June 2016 my CEF number is HYD327289 still now there is no connection and no money refund. I send all related documents & so many email messages from July 2016 to today but they always simply replied with in 72 hours we call u back or we updated the status . There is no response from airtel care . Still now 13 Months onwards there is no refund a money or they didn't told any proper reason
                              Sep 1, 2017

Jul 09, 2017

Jul 30, 2017

This is with reference to your post dated 4 July 2017 .

We tried calling you multiple times to get additional details to enable us to address your concern.
                              However, there was no response.
                              We will appreciate if you could share your alternate contact details and convenient time to call for resolving your concern effectively.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

I've been using the AIRTEL postpaid connection for quite sometime now and their service has been good (UNTIL RECENTLY). On 26th June 2017 my data network suddenly stopped working. My handset (i phone 5s) would display 4g on screen but none of my apps that require data would work. I've called Airtel customer care (121) each day since then to rectify the issue. They asked me to try the following to check if the network works:
                                1. Put my phone on flight mode and then undo it.
                                2. Switch off and switch on my phone.
                                3. Switch off my phone, remove the sim, put it back in and then restart my phone.
                                4. Manually select the network in the carrier settings.
                                5. Reset the network settings.
                                6. Try the SIM card in other handsets.
                                7. Get a new SIM card for the same number.
                                I did all of the above and still nothing worked. So I went to the Airtel office and asked them to check, they realised there was an issue from their end and registered a complaint. This was done on 29th June 2017 and the reference number is : 77322056. I was told the technical team would contact me. I was contacted on 3rd July 2017 and they asked me to repeat the same things as mentioned above and when I told them I've done it all, they just said it'll be set alright soon, sorry for the inconvenience, we will send our representative over to your place to assist you. No one showed up and nothing has been done so far!! My patience has been tested enough and I would rather port my number to a network that genuinely values its customers.
                                Aug 22, 2017

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post, dated 04 July 2017.

Jul 20, 2017

This is with reference to your post dated 4 July 2017 .

However, there was no response.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

My phone has been lost please block my airtel sim card
                                  Ph no:[protected], [protected]
                                  Both the aim card are of airtel
                                  If it is blocked please send me mail
                                  Mail i'd: [protected]@gmail.com
                                  When i had been to airtel gallery they in mumbai they said it can be blocked only in rajasthan as my sim card was of rajasthan

1. Put my phone on flight mode and then undo it.
                                    2. Switch off and switch on my phone.
                                    4. Manually select the network in the carrier settings.
                                    5. Reset the network settings.
                                    6. Try the SIM card in other handsets.
                                    7. Get a new SIM card for the same number.
                                    I did all of the above and still nothing worked. So I went to the Airtel office and asked them to check, they realised there was an issue from their end and registered a complaint. This was done on 29th June 2017 and the reference number is : 7732256. I was told the technical team would contact me. I was contacted on 3rd July 2017 and they asked me to repeat the same things as mentioned above and when I told them I've done it all, they just said it'll be set alright soon, sorry for the inconvenience, we will send our representative over to your place to assist you. No one showed up and nothing has been done so far!! My patience has been tested enough and I would rather port my number to a network that genuinely values its customers.
                                    Aug 21, 2017

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post, dated 04 July 2017.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

I have been using airtel post paid for a very long time now and had recently acquired a corporate plan on another number for which i wanted to switch my postpaid to a prepaid account.
                                      I was in the sector 50 noida airtel store for the same on 24th june and customer executive jayant was attending to my request and during the process asked me to pay a sum of approx 470 inr through the mobile app.
                                      I did the same and for some reason did not receive a text and the same did not get updated in the airtel system. Jayant at this point told me to check my passbook which showed an entry against airtel but since the system didnt reflect the same jayant asked me to come when i receive a message from the bank which would mean that the system has accepted the transaction as a success and asked me to keep the application and the new sim card with me and asked me to bring it the next time.

A couple of days passed and i did not receive any message from the bank or airtel nor did the customer executive call me. At this point i decided to check up again and this time i was attended by another customer executive nandan who confirmed that my payment staus is true but asked me to keep the application and said that he would call me again tomorrow to come again and submit the application as he couldnt submit the application that day. I waited and he never called, to which i decided to go again on 4th july when nandan wasn't available and jayant was, so i apprised him of the whole issue and now he asks me to pay inr700 again as the new billing cycle had started. This new billing cycle should be waived off as this is a miss in the customer executive process for which i am being wrongly charged.

Kindly oblige.