Idea Cellular Complaints & Reviews

3.2
Last updated Sep 13, 2022

File a complaint to Idea Cellular

Having problems with Idea Cellular?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Idea Cellular customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Idea Cellular

1800 270 0000
Mobile
Fax

Idea Cellular reviews & complaints page 833

On 19th of March, 2008 I had received a call from idea cellular informing me that the validity will be expiring on 23rd of march.
He asked me to recharge my cell with Rs. 100 idea easy recharge on that day itself and the validity will increase by 1 year in addition to other benifits.

I did that and recharged my cell with Rs. 100 easy recharge. I got additional benifit of Rs. 74 talktime and idea to idea free minutes but the validity did not get increased. I called customerr care on that day evening or next day morning( I don't exactlty remember the time ) and they informed that thr validity will be updated after 48 hours of recharge. Even after that nothing happend.

On 23rd of March I called them up again and the customer care executive informed me that after 23rd march modnight the validity will be updated. This also did not happen.

Today(24th march, 2008) when I tried making a call I was shocked to hear that the validity has expired and I have only the option of paying Rs. 2.50 to increase the validity by 1 day. I did that and called the customer care. They said that on that day my number was not there in the list for that scheme and no one had called me up. I was shocked again !!!

They said the validity cannot be increased and I will have to bear only with the benifit of Rs. 74 talktime and idea to idea free minutes.

This is absolutely disgusting. They also said that they cannot open the incoming record of my number for 19th to confirm that someone had called me from idea. In my incoming call list that number is erased due to other incoming calls. I have recorded the talk with the customer care and also have the reference number of tha talk.

If you can get the incoming call list on my number mentioned below for 19-Mar-2008 between 9am to 12 noon, then that idea number will be seen.

Nishant Kumar
Cell - [protected]
Ref. Number[protected]
Dear idea cellular,
my mobile number is [protected] .on the date of 28/05/2008 i was recharged with 100/- by using icicibank net banking. but in my mobile i didn't get recharge.
please solve the problem immidiately.

Narapa Katta
i recharged a value voucher Rs. 119 my idea based mobile no [protected] dated 21/07/2008 and has done successfully but
when i check my status of value voucher then it shows "Your Value Voucher
is Not Active"
pls solve it as soon as possible

Idea Cellular Ltd. — Caller Tune activation without any confirmation

I have taken an Idea Pre paid connection and my mobile number is [protected].
    After so many of complain to put me on do not disturb section they haven't taken any steps. In between this they continuosly disturbing me either through phone or messages, at least 12 times in a day. Now they have activated the caller tune and deduct 45Rs. without my confirmation. When I have contacted them they told me that this has been...

Idea Cellular Postpaid Corporate Plan Cug T582 — Call charged rate and delay in service

I am existing post paid customer of IDEA Cellular Company in Pune Maharashtra under T-582 CUG plan (corporate plan for Tech Mahindra Ltd employee call charges [protected]@per min (STD & LOCAL) for initial 449 min. per month)I have received the bill for the month of FEB-2008 however there are many discrepancy in bill.

I am highlighting some details which are wrong as per my perception and many more calls are charged at same...

Dear IDEA customer care,

Not getting signals in CMC campus and few many IT companies at gachibowli.

In this regard many o[censored]s are moving to airtel service.

If you can't provide services even in hyderabad like cities, it is so bad and sad.

I'm using IDEA service for the past 4years. But now I would like to go for other service providers, if you can't proved the same.

Bapu

Idea Prepaid — dialler/caller tone is activated without my knowledge

My number is [protected]...

I am trying to connect customer care for last five hours (4444) ...still it is saying"Welcome to the Idea customer Care and for your chit chat balance dial 2222 " and no option for logging a complaint or talking to cus care rep. nothing at all ...This is really wasting my valuable time and also irritating ...

My problem is ...a default idea dialler/caller tone is activated...

Ms/ SIR I PURCHASED A NEW IDEA CONNECTION, BUT WHEN I OPEN THE VOUCHER THERE WAS NO SIM PRESENT IN THE VOUCHER
      THEREFORE I WENT TO RETAILER HE TOLD THE ISSUUE CAN BE SOLVED BY IDEA PEOPLE AS HE SAID HE GAVE ME THE SEALED VOUCHER THAT HE RECEIVED BY YOU IDEA PEOPLE AND HE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISSING SIM AS HE GAVE TO ME SEALED VOUCHER SO I DONT KNOW PACKING OR SOMETHING FROM YOURS SIDE IS RESPONSIBLE.
      THATS WHY I WANT MY SIM OR I WANT MY MONEY BACK
      DETAILS:-
      SIM NO.[protected]
      PH NO. - [protected]
      DATE OF PACKAGE :- 9 JAN 2007
      Aug 13, 2020
      yes the copany is responisble for that and had to give money back
      I have lost more amount than I deserve, for internet

Idea Cellular Prepaid Connection — Worst customer care support

-____________________________________________
        From: R P Shukla [mailto:rp.[protected]@genus.in]
        Sent: Monday, February, 2008 03:10 PM
        To: 'Customer Care (RAJ)'
        Cc: '[protected]@yahoo.com'; '[protected]@bol.net.in'; 'grievance.[protected]@idea.adityabirla.com'
        Subject: RE: Poor services of customer support of IDEA Cellular - [protected]

This month again I have not received...

Idea Cellular Prepaid — 15-20 unnecessary incoming call

The idea customer care daily call 15-20 unnecessary incoming call to my cell phone.
        I have trouble. Please stop calling me unnecessary incoming call on my cell no. [protected].
        The idea customer care call from like [protected] etc....

This is the mail sent to the idea company on dated feb. 5th after trying alot with there emplooyees to find out the details for the calls made my clients in regards to spoil my reputation among my clients kindly look into the matter and let me knw.
        ------
        This is with the reference of my company account 4.8602 and this is in regards calls made by your company to my client M/s Vision Distribution (P) Ltd. and other clients also on dated 15th January 2008 from the number [protected] and the language which is used is un appreciated cause the girl who called on behalf of idea said that do not pursue any business with our company cause we have done so many frauds in the market and also the director of the company run away with 50 lac rs from the market.

Kindly provide me the authenticated reply with the details of the person who did the calling for further legal proceeding in the matter as your people Mr. Rajesh Khanna & Mr. Sunil are unable to give any authenticated reply on the matter for which specifically we had meetings from this incidence so kindly look into the matter.

kindly look into the matter and get me the solution for the same.

regards

amit ahuja
        director,
        yogeshwar devidayal lab (p) ltd.
        New delhi(India)

Idea Cellular — UNWANTED CALLS

TODAY I RECEIVED 2 CALLS FROM TWO DIFFERENT INTERNATIONAL NOS. WHICH ARE - [protected] & [protected].
        THE PERSONS MAKING CALLS WERE SAYING FROM IDEA COMPANY THAT I HAVE WON 10LACS MONEY AWARD FROM IDEA CELLULAR AND TO REDEEM MY AWARD I HAVE TO DEPOSIT 12100 RS IN THE ACCOUNT IN SBI, PNB OR IDBI BANK OF THE COMPANY.
        THEY TOLD ME TO GO TO BANK AND FROM IN-FRONT OF THE BANK I SHOULD MAKE CALL TO THE SECOND ONE NO. TO GET THE ACCOUNT DETAILS OF THE COMPANY'S ACCOUNT AND FILL THE AMOUNT IN IT.....
        dear friend
        first thing dont receive all these types of calls & dont credit any amount in their account its total fraud team. That team calling from mumbai only by using international sim card, might they got your mob. number while you are surfing or any your friend type in there award winning information, its advisable if you are suffering so much problem please deactivate line legaly by customer care gallary only.

if any person comes to your home directly rush to your nearest police station because that time they will gives you any type of gift vouchers to trap you, so please be carefull.

Idea is not connected with these type of team.

This refers to my letter send to Idea, Nashik Hub college road, dated 22nd Dec. 2007.(if you need I can send you copy of my complaint).

I have converted my sim card for life time incomming free service in Oct. 2005(receipt no.: PUN/2005-6/0114650). Since March 2007, i could able to use my sim card. Unfortunately I did not use this number for 6 month. And when I start to use again it could not work. When I compalint to your Nashik office, they said because you did not use for 6 month, we have terminated your number. I do not understand the meaning of life time incomming service. It is really fraud done by your office. Now, let me know what shall I do ?

santosh sure
          sim card no.:[protected]x

Cyril — how to activate the GPRS Net work

i am using idea prepaid sim card in that i wants to activate GPRS net work ,,, how can i activate ... i asked near by shop but they don't know how to open , plz do a needful
          i am using idea sim in that how to activate the GPRS and GSM connection ........

i m idea prepaid customer of Gujarat,on nov. 17th i activate gprs daily rs.5 scheme,i send GP5 massage on 4444, next day i ask to idea cust.care officer Palak 4 activation about my GP5, he said 2 me my scheme is active n i cn surf now. then after when i m surfing Rs.159.00 has been deducted 4m my balance,many time i had make complaint to custmer care officer & superviser but they r not cooperate with me. now what can i do to receive my money back
            Aug 13, 2020
            i am a idea prepaid customer.my phone no is [protected].. last time wen i got my sim recharged with rs 111, i was supposed to get full amount i.e rs 111.. but i was not refunded the whole amount. i did complain it earlier but no action was taken place.i would request idea being a customer to refund the whole amount.i knw it bit late but i was nt able 2 do it earlier also..

thanking u,
            please!!! provide me information of this no:[protected] because it give me misscall during my interview...

and i loss my job opportunity... i wish to know his/her name...please pls pls pls pls help me...

???????>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Idea Cellular Postpaid Connection — no action on repetitive complains about bills

I am a student of IIT Roorkee, and i have got literally frustated by the services of the local service provider of IDEA, THE MEHTA INTERPRISES. On 27th oct , i paid an amount of Rs100, which they transferred to some other account. on repetitive complains also , they never cared to solve this problems. finally yesterday they even shouted at me when i warned them about complaining to higher authority. my cell phone is barred and even yesterday...

dear sir,
              i am using 5 postpaid numbers of 998/- for 1yr
              plan for the last 3 years in SME govt scheme in the
              name of A.K. MALHOTRA, BD-111 JANAK PURI NEAR CHOTI
              SUBZI MANDI NEW DELHI -110058 all numbers are GOLD
              catogery given
              here:-[protected],[protected],[protected],[protected], [protected].
              i am facing network problem in my home location from
              today morning,i am not getting signals, getting some
              coneection error.I have aleready informed your cust
              care and did not get any response. kindly look into
              the matter and do the needfull

regards,

RAJIEEV MALHOTRA
              S/O SH A.K.MALHOTRA

repected sir,

i was using one idea prepaid connection i.e. [protected] past from two and half months, unfortunately diconected the services, i called up to customercare people they told me to submit the doccument, when i went to pitampura branch they told me there is no full documents, that time i was having one photo-id proof,address proof and one photograph of with me, i really don't know for what reson the connection hasbeen diconnected i would like to request you please resolve my problem as soon as possible.
              thanking you
              your's faithfully
              sushila sharma
              Yesterday I lodged a comlaint agaist unwanted calls on my cell phone, and I am very much upset that nobody caring about the complaints. I think there is no option for switching over to another cell company like BSNL.
              My cell number is [protected].
              Your early responce will be appreciated, knowing I will not get the responce.
              Idea Mobiles monthly bill display in EMAIL -ID bhaskar.[protected]@gmail.com
              i want last three same Digit post paid number 111
              my cell number is [protected]. today i am facing no network coverage in my home .they are showing network error .what can i do?

Idea Cellular — Sim card registration failed after 1 month

My self Junaid Khan Main IDEA Post paid customer hun mera cell no [protected] hain 31-nov ko main IDEA Office main apne Number co POST to Pri convert karne ke liya application di aur maine aapna bill bhi pay kar diya idea office se muzhko 150RS. le kar nai sim bhi de di. aur purane sim ko deactivate kar diy or mujhse kaha ki aapka no convert ho gaya hain lakin aaj ek month se jyada bitne par bhi mera mobile shuru nahi ho paya hain main roz...

Idea Cellular Ltd. — puk no.

i am the costumer of Idea cellular ltd(prepaidservice, madhya pradesh).
                my mobile asks PUK no. which i donot have. my mobile no. is-[protected]....

i lost my mobile phone on saturday night and when i called up the customer care on sunday monring to lodge a complaint they said that nothing can be done about it as it was a holiday. The said that only the nearest idea office can deactivate my card.

My concern was, what if someone mis uses my card on a sunday and whom do i hold responsible for it?

This is certainly not on and after four years o[censored]sing their services, i feel cheated and hard done by them.
                Aug 13, 2020
                I totally inderstand - how you feel ...idea customer care sucks...if i were to rate thier customer service on a scale of 1-10 they would score (-) minus 10 :)...I have actually had an experience of being heckled by the customer care executives at one of thier service centers truely pathetic..

I received a message and after that a dialor tone is set on my mobile number. When I call customer care person say I can not do anything you have made a request and we set a dialor tone. This is second time I am facing this problem. I have balance of only 10 Rs, then also I get third class idea dialer tone. All this is on Aditya Birla Group company.
                  Aug 13, 2020
                  The same situation I have also faced. I have called up the customer care and they told to call a number to make it deactivate. I called the number and followed the instruction and the message told me that the dialer tone is deactivated. But still it is running. In the meantime I have called this number twice and the same situation is there. Beware.. Whenever you call that number Rs. 6.99/min will be deducted. I have been deducted thrice... But there is the dialertone... so at last the consumer suffers... Like me.. Rs 6.99 (3 times)+ Rs. 30 (2 monthly rentals
                  Total 20.97+60.00....
                  Hai na... ek Good Idea ( Cheating people)
                  dialortone
                  dialortone
                  pleese add song from nee ethra dhanya $ shalabam vazhimaruma

When I go to your idea cellular showroom (SNDT Branch) for submitting the documents as per given in the form for getting the Prepaid connection the leady setting in the Idea Cellular told me that “ You are staying in Pune on Rent “ so we required the signature of your owner on the form “ My question is that is it mentioned any where in the form ? not that leady told me when I enquired about the Prepaid connection & documents required also.

So the requirements of the docs. should be clearly mentioned on the form. As well as please take the appropriate action against that leady who used the wrong words while talking with the customer.

Regards ,
                    Very Unsatisfied Idea Cellular customer
                    Aug 13, 2020
                    Both of the person are absolutely correct. I have faced the same problem. IDEA CELLULAR are really doing FRAUD to their customers.
                    Both of person is right. IDEA CELLULAR are doing fraud to their customers. Seriously they are worst service provider. I have faced the same.

Idea Cellular Ltd. — excess charging and Unsatisfied service

Regularly, I m paying my bill but from last one month
                    Idea cellular has bard my services because of their technical fault, they are agree, I am
                    Using their service from last 18 months. I called them so many times but they are not
                    giving me proper response to me, please help me out.

manas ahuja
                    i have purchased a gsm prepaid sim on 27/01/2009.
                    Since then i am very unsatisfied with ur service b/e my sim disconnect after 3 or 4 days due to some documentary problem.Then i have re submitted my all documents inspite of this u r not starting our sim.
                    and i have informed this problem to local idea office many but we did'nt get any response.
                    I m very disappoint by ur service.
                    my contact no. is [protected].Please start this no as soon as possible.
                    My Name is Abdul rehman mulla . my mobile number is [protected] .
                    idea service has deducted amount RS 10 /- from my balance in the installment of RS 5 /-- in two setions, When i rang up the coustemer care center it was told me that it was for the ipl score board & i`ll recive the smsm ( score of the ipl matches ), but the thing is that i have not activeted this service freom sms nor by any call, i want to diactivat this service, please do the needfull and look in to the matter .

my other refernce number

Thank`s
                    &
                    Rgd`s
                    i am taken vip mobile no. plesh give our e_mail for vip no .
                    Dear Concern,

As i am an IDEA customer and having 2 CUG connections on my own name.Today i have informed to
                    your customer care that presently these connections are using my frnd and i am moving to out of haryana.So i wanted to stop the services mainly OUTGOING but still the services are active and No
                    body has resolved my Query.This is what the kind of response i have got but i just want to know that if that person default or would not pay the bill amount then WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE.

I would like to tell you that if this service will continue then i will not be responsible for any future amount.

So this is my request to please stop the services immidiately so that i can be able to deposit the little amount that is only Rs.1000 and that i will deposit on 25th November09.

The Numbers are : [protected] and [protected].

For any details you want call me on this Number : [protected]

Thanks & Regards
                    Ankur Verma
                    in my village nilkanthpur vaishali bihar 844122,
                    the condition of the idea network is pathetic . sometime it is very good but duration was not even 2 min it automatic converted into 4g to e . i dont get understand how by changing from 2g to 4g i get to run internet for1 min then the condition was same . i had not changed the network my father had told me many time but as my online class is complelty destroyed because of the network i need to swith to jio or airtel it is better than this i am codding this bcz u can understang people are switching to other network . multiple time i had complained but they say mam ohone rakhiy ab thik chalega but the condition becoming oathetic day by day, even on my chat its condition is same