Indian Railways Customer Care

Mobile:
Mobile:
2014

Bad

Indian Railways related photos (1513)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews

Indian Railway — Train Number 16236/16235 Stop in Carmelaram Station

gamerrajan
Hi, I use to travel frequently from Karmelaram (CRLM) Railway station - Bangalore to Virudhnagar (VPT) in 16236 (Tuticorin...
Complaint comments  Comments  (9)Complaint category Railways

albertdl
My wife and I (both) senior citizens travelled from Ratlam to Mumbai on Train No. 19062. The attendant was not available when we entered the IIAC Compartment. The AC was NOT WORKING and I went in search of the AC mechanic. He said that he was trying to fix the AC. He pointed to the Attendant who was sitting on a seat (No 25) and reading the newspaper. When I requested him for the bedding, he said "Aataa hun" and CONTINUED TO READ THE PAPER. Was very rude in his behavior. He refused clean Blankets and pillows on the grounds that he did not have any extra ones. On the intervention of the AC mechanic, he finally gave me two clean blankets (He said that he had exactly 46 sets + FIVE extra blankets. This is nonsense. He should have bedding sets as per the passengers in the train, getting in at various stations) He only changed the pillow covers as he said that he had no pillows. The only thing new he gave us were the laundered bedsheets and hand towels.
The AC did not work till Mumbai. When I complained to the Ratlam TC who collected Rs. 175/- from me as additional charges. I filed a complaint regarding the AC in his complaint book. He only berated the attendant for being rude and promised me that the AC and the Toilet Flush (which was not working) and the garbage in the compartment would be done by Vadodra. He got down at Vadodra, but nothing changed. The new TC who came in at Vadodra said that nothing could be done about the AC or the Toilet or garbage. He did not seem to care at all! Please institute an enquiry against him.
I do not understand why after collecting HUGE SUMS as ticket fare for II AC travel, the WR still gives the passengers CATTLE CLASS SERVICE. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 04:55:47

umb_140614
    Dear Sir, Parcel booked for Bike transfer from Barkakana to Ambala cantt on 14.06.2014. The parcel dispatched on 17.06.2014 through train no. 18101- SE, Rear compartment-SLR no.948711.Even after submitting these all details, railway staff is unable to trace out the consignment till now. 2-times I have personally visited the Ambala parcel office, but no body is entertaining there and bothered about it to trace out. This is only due to carelessness of the staffs, who have not unloaded the bike @ Ambala cantt, when it was arrived on 19th June'14. Now, rly staff of parcel div. is asking me to visit every day for enquiry. I am [protected]@ Sangrur, 150 km away from Amabala cantt, Is it feasible to visit the Ambala rly stn. daily from Sangrur ? Second thing, after unloading the bike at Ambala cantt., they will charge Rs. 10 per hour, if not collected within 6 hrs. but for this rly staff will not intimate about receiving of bike, then, how consumer will come to know about the bike arrival, if it is not unloaded at previous scheduled time. Please. do the needful. Rgds. CHANDRA SHEKHAR DAS [protected].
    Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 05:11:38
    Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Motorcycles & Scooters

Indian Railways — Regarding railway booking ticket complain

shobhnath_tiwari
      Respected Sir /Madam Yesterday, at about 3 PM, I went to reserve a ticket (Train No. & Name: 14609; Hemkund Express (Haridwar...
      Complaint comments  Comments  (1)Complaint category Railways

Anupa Sharan
      Railway is gone maniac coz of the loss. To make money they have given targets to collect penalty of 3500/- everyday to their employees. To achieve their targets people are forced to pay without their mistakes else they are retained for hours.2 days back I could not get down at malad station due to the conflicts of some ladies in train which caused me to get down at kandivli. alternate option was to jump from the moving train. Inspite of my several pleadings I was retained and was not retured my pass. i am a daily traveller. i even told to cross check if my people are waiting for me in Malad or not. Still the employee asked me to either give him some amount personally or pay full penalty. Shame on railway. Such rudely they manhandle genuine cases as well.

bhanu01emmi
        I would like to inform higher authorities that agents appointed by them for rural areas for facilitation easy ticket booking are charging much more than railways guidelines . I hereby inquired it in general interest in shivpuri district of MP in khaniadhana region where an agent named Ankur is charging irctc specified agent charge plus 20 rs per person booked therby.. Being accountable in interest of general public i want such case to be strictly inquired to for it forms the initial structure of corruption under a government control audit.
        Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 05:08:03

[Jun 20, 2014] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
        wanna see the pace of solving such ground level issues in the new government. . HELP !!!
        Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Government Organizations

Arupargha
          Dear Sir, My original PAN Card bearing No.AVSPK1638H was misplaces on 14.01.14 at Sealdah railway Station while I Was traveling from Sealdah to Guwahati by Kanchanjanga Express & the said card has been found by a person Mr. Dubey who is often use this card illegaly for booking of tickets etc. So you are hereby requested to do the needful so that this card can't be used illegally in further. The matter may be published in a local newspaper also if i am suggested. Thanks and regards Arup Kanti Kar
          Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 21:53:25
          Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Other

sureshmsuresh
            I am m.suresh.m and living in madurai.I went to vandalur on 16.6.2014 in electric train and and returned to chennai egmore station while returning, near Thamparam station the ticket checker checked my ticket and told me that the ticket is ordinary ticket but, you are entered in first class compartments and I ready to pay my fine and I shows my Madurai train ticket (time:9.20P.m) but, he delay to get my fine and collected fine amount Rs 270+540 (No: K0714925 & K0714821 .I entered the first class compartment unknowingly .I told him to catch my train within 2 hrs so, the ticket checker used my situation and collected extra amt from me My name is only on Rs270 only but, they entered another name on Rs540.I enquired them but, they said ” if you talk like this, I collect you money again” What is the fine amt? I paid the fine amt totally Rs 810 . please, take an action against the particular ticket checker.
            Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 05:07:03

[Jun 17, 2014] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

askoshin
              Sir I was traveling from Chennai to Erode on 11 march 2014 in train Number 12695 with confirmed ticket in A1 seat number 1 2 &3. I am a Kidney failure patient, and I was admitted in Railway Hospital in Perambur (Chennai) from 23 September 2013 to 11 march 2014. I am wheelchair dependent and require at least two attender to support me. On the day of my discharge I requested for railway ambulance up to railway Station, and request to pick up us by 1300 hrs. Our train was scheduled to depart by 1525, but the ambulance reached us to pick up by 1420 hrs and it had two other patient for some referral treatment in other hospital due to which we reached railway station by 1500 hrs and my son rushed to collect wheelchair from station, by 1510 I was boarded into the train with the help of train attender and my son. As mentioned early I was in hospital for 8 months, we had few luggage with us to carry, which my wife and son where shifting into train, in mean process there was a checking done RPF on the platform which added further delay, due to which my wife was not able to board the train and this forced my son to pull the chain of the train. After this my son step down to help my wife to board the train and in mean time the same RPF person arrested my son and took over my medical pass and ticket. After explaining the situation also the RPF Did not handover the pass and ticket. They took my son into custody, and he was produced in railway court where he was fined RS 600. As there was no proper query and support done by RPF at the provided Situation, my wife and myself, we travelled from Chennai to arrakonam separately. I was in AC and my wife in ladies coach. The situation was explained to the TT who understood the situation. Our family suffered mental agony due to this. As my son was carrying all cash and card, we were left cashless in the train, and we where helped by co passenger. What is the purpose to chain in the train and what is meaning of emergency? I request you to look into the matter and to refund us rupees 600.
              Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 05:06:53

Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Unauthorized charges

Vilas Parab
                Sir, I booked 3 items, namely 1motorbike and 2 parcelbags at Dadar satation for delivery to Chennai Egmore on 31/05/2014. Receipt No.979926. for train no 12163 DN. When my son approached Egmore parcel office only 2 items were delivered, namely 1 motorcycle and 1 parcelbag. 1 parcel bag was missing.The authorities were unable to trace the 2nd parcel bag. They have given in writing that 1 parcel bag is due.Gate pass no. I request you to track the missing 1 parcelbag and intimate me or my son immediately on following contact nos. Vilas Parab- [protected] Pramod Parab-[protected]
                Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 05:05:42

[Jun 12, 2014] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Indian Railway — Theft of luggage in the reserved compartment [Resolved]

Yogesh_Kumar19
                  I was travelling from sharanpur to phagwara in the resrved compartment of chattisgarh train.On the way while I was sleeping...

piyush saxena
                  I booked 3 tickets for my mother (Age:62), Sister In Law (Age:35) and 2 kids aged 8 and 4 from Delhi to Bangalore by Duronto Express (Train Number: 12214) PNR Num:[protected] Date of Travel: 2nd June 2014 Class: 2 AC The tickets were showing as confirmed on the date of Journey but showed the seats as RA1 35, RA1 35 and RA1 41 on chart preparation. On inquiring we came to know that it was a RAC ticket which surprised us as the tickets were showing as CNF: confirmed status. To add to our horror, they were given just 3 RAC seats to be shared with 4 people at a time. On inquiring we came to know that one coach was removed from the train at the last moment and all the people from that coach were adjusted in other 2AC and 3AC coach. Finally we got one confirm seat and 2 RAC and my family faced a lot of challenge adjusting 4 people on 2 seats. It's really unfortunate as had i known they will face this problem, i would not have asked them to board the train. Now its not allowing me to file TDR as well. Kindly take necessary action. Thanks, Piyush Saxena
                  Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 04:06:44

[Jun 04, 2014] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                  Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Railways

Western Railway — Non Refund of ticket booked through Debit Card at PRS, Mumbai Central [Resolved]

anitap
                    I booked a tatkal ticket on 27.03.2014 from credit card counter at PRS Mumbai Central Station through my debit card. The particulars...

Jaikrish Patel
                    REQUEST TO RUN 19012: GUJARAT EXPRESS RIGHT TIME

To,
                    The Divisional Railway Manager,
                    Ahmedabad Division,
                    Western Railway.

Subject: Complaint for the Train Number: 19012(Gujarat Express) late running since last many months

It has been observed that 19012UP: Gujarat Express is getting delay regularly between section Ahmedabad(ADI) – Vadodara(BRC). This train is the life-line of many commuters working at different cities and daily commuting between Ahmedabad(ADI) to Bharuch(BH). On an average the train is running daily late by 30 mins. Also, daily delay in the train is not good for their career perspective.
                    Every day the train is departing source station late by minimum 15-20 mins and the same delay is propagated upto Vadodara(BRC). Sometimes the delay is understandable but every day delay is portraying wrong image of efficient and competent railway traffic management system. We, the daily passengers of the Gujarat Express ask for you to consider our request to regularize this train.
                    We are thankful to you for your valuable time, consideration and blissful co-operation.

Thanking You
                    Commuters
                    22-May-2014

Attachment: Signature of the daily commuters.

Copy to:
                    The Divisional Railway Manager,
                    Vadodara Division,
                    Western Railway.
                    Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 05:03:04

[Jun 03, 2014] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Mayank T Darji
                      Dear sir, I travel from Navsari to Surat everyday for my work. While coming back from work, I usually take train number 59050 Viramgam - Valsad passenger or 12930 Dahod- Valsad Intercity. The train always runs about 1:30 hour late ALWAYS. Please look over this trains matter as it is only way to my work and come back. One day is fine for like 10-15 mins. But late EVERYDAY for 2 hours ??!!! This is not good from Western and Indian Railways. Thanks Bhumika

[May 31, 2014] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

komal90
                        Sir I am a CA student. My CA exams are ahead. Next month after my exam I was planning to go to home, so I went to reservation counter near M.G.Road today (28.05.014) to book a ticket from HWH to BGP(12.06.14) along with a return ticket from BGP to HWH(15.06.14) . jI found that only one counter was open . After waiting over there for 30 mins my turn came, and then I saw that counter was closed. I checked out the hour in my mobile ( matched with IST) it was 5:27 pm. I asked staff sitting over there on counter that " 2 min is still left ...why r u closing the counter...I have my exam ahead ...i have to go and study...there is still 2 min left ..plss book my ticket...". On this that staff started shouting on me that " in my system its 5:30pm ...i don't care about time in your phone...don't teach me what is right or wrong...i will follow my time...I[censored] want ur ticket booked, then wait for half an hour...".

I stood over there for half an hour ...now in my phone time was 5:57 pm (this means in his system time is 6:00 pm)...but still now counter was closed... when its 6:01 pm in my phone(this means 6:04pm as per his system)...that guy came back to his seat ...and opened the counter. On this I asked him that.." Why r u not on time...recess time is of 30mins, and u went for 34 mins...I[censored] r closing ur counter at 5:27 pm...saying that its 5:30 in your system then why were u not back on time...when ur system said its 6:00 pm...u came back 4 mins late..." . Then that guy deneid that he is late ...he shouted on me and told me that " I m on time ...as per my system time is 6:01 pm now...u might have changed time in ur phone ...and now u r showing me wrong time to prove me wrong..What prove do u have..Do u have any written proof...I will do whatever I wish..its my office...I[censored] want a ticket..u will have to stand and wait until i come back..no one will believe u, , , u don't have any proof against me..tell me withou any proof will any one beleive on u".

I booked my ticket and then I went to Bara Babu sitting in that office. I told him all what happened. But inspite of helping me, he too started shouting on me and he used abusive language . He told me " if for you your time is so important then why are you wasting your time now... nothing is going to happen..Yes we will come and go as per our wish...and all staff here is right..and you can't do anything...so stop complaining and get lost from here..."

There was police staff over there...he saw everything whatever happened...when i went to him..he told me " yha aisa hi hota h madam...hm kuch nhi kr skte...jo krna h Bara Babu hi krnge..."
                        Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 05:01:37

rajarshibhowmik
                          I had lodge a complain through the Web Portal of Indian railway and also served an Email to the official authorities of the Railway's on 18/05/2014 vied Complain no W/NF/KIR/[protected] on 18/05/2014 the portal is showing that it has been registered on 19/05/2014. But till date I had not received any call, mail, correspondence from the railway authority.I had also tried to call to the Katihat DRM, ADRM NJP/SILIGURI, AREA MANAGER NJP/SILIGURI, CCM NF RAIL WAYS but in most of the times there was no one to pick y\up my call and in sum times I had only assured that soon I will receive a call back it is almost a week now. And as the journey date is just knocking at the door I need an urgent solution.
                          Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 20:04:13

[May 24, 2014] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Indian Railways — Regarding Seat/Berth allotment [Resolved]

romalaramachandrudu
                            Now a days Indian Railways allotting seats/berths in the name of Tatkal( 24 hours before starting of train) by charging extra...

surya2158
                            Hello Sir, My parents were travelled from Vijayawada to Bangalore Jn with below ticket on 15/05/2014 in BAGMATI EXPRESS in S9 coach 51, 52 berths. Train reached BANGALORE CY JN(SBC) at 10PM with more than 1 hour late. My parents were waiting the train to go KENGERI. But, before train departs from BANGALORE CY JN(SBC), TC entered in S9 coach enquiring my parents about where to go?, They replied saying need to go Kengeri. But TC told this is super-fast express, it does not stop at KENGERI. Then my father showed the ticket and told ticket has been taken till Kengeri station and asked it has to be stopped there. The TC told, the train does not stop at Kengeri, it will stop at next station MANDYA(MYA). Moreover he told as you do not have ticket till MANDYA, you may need to pay fine also and finally he made may parents get down from train at BANGALORE CY JN(SBC) at 10:30 PM( late night). My brother's home is in lakshmi sagara around 10 km from kengeri. As my parents got down at BANGALORE CY JN(SBC), they had faced lot of troubles in the mid night and finally reached home very late mid night. I want complain against the TC for misbehaving, misguiding, for making get down from train, made my parents scare and finally to face lot of troubles. Pnr Number: [protected] Transaction ID: [protected] Train No: 12577 Train Name: BAGMATI EXPRESS From Station: VIJAYAWADA JN(BZA) To Station: KENGERI(KGI) Date: 15/5/2014 Class: SL Boarding: VIJAYAWADA JN(BZA) Resv Upto: KENGERI(KGI) Quota: Tatkal Booked By: Ticket Details S# Name Age Sex Berth Preference Senior Citizen 1 G Nageswara rao 58 Male Lower 2 G kanakaSulochna 52 Female Lower Payment Details Payment Option: hdfcvbvpg Ticket Charge: Rs 970.0 Internet Service Charge: Rs 11.24 Total: Rs 981.24 Thanks, Suresh G
                            Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 04:58:41

surya2158
                              Hello Sir, My parents were travelled from Vijayawada to Bangalore Jn with below ticket on 15/05/2014 in BAGMATI EXPRESS in S9 coach 51, 52 berths. Train reached BANGALORE CY JN(SBC) at 10PM with more than 1 hour late. My parents were waiting the train to go KENGERI. But, before train departs from BANGALORE CY JN(SBC), TC entered in S9 coach enquiring my parents about where to go?, They replied saying need to go Kengeri. But TC told this is super fast express, it does not stop at KENGERI. Then my father showed the ticket and told that the ticket has been taken till Kengeri station and asked it has to be stopped there. The TC told, the train does not stop at Kengeri, it will stop at next station MANDYA(MYA). Moreover he told as you do not have ticket till MANDYA, you may need to pay fine also and finally he made my parents get down from train at BANGALORE CY JN(SBC) at 10:30 PM( late night). My brother's home is in lakshmi sagara around 10 km from kengeri. As my parents got down at BANGALORE CY JN(SBC), they had faced lot of troubles in the mid night and finally reached home very late mid night. I want complain against the TC for misbehaving, misguiding, made my parents scare and finally to face lot of troubles. Pnr Number: [protected] Transaction ID: [protected] Train No: 12577 Train Name: BAGMATI EXPRESS From Station: VIJAYAWADA JN(BZA) To Station: KENGERI(KGI) Date: 15/5/2014 Class: SL Boarding: VIJAYAWADA JN(BZA) Resv Upto: KENGERI(KGI) Quota: Tatkal Booked By: Ticket Details S# Name Age Sex Berth Preference Senior Citizen 1 G Nageswara rao 58 Male Lower 2 G kanakaSulochna 52 Female Lower Payment Details Payment Option: hdfcvbvpg Ticket Charge: Rs 970.0 Internet Service Charge: Rs 11.24 Total: Rs 981.24 Thanks, Suresh G
                              Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 04:58:42