Travel Guru Customer Care
Travelguru.com

Travel Guru Customer Care

Travelguru.com

TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
802, 8th Floor, ' C ' Wing, Eureka Towers, Mindspace. Link Road, Malad (West)
Mumbai City District

Bad

Travel Guru Complaints & Reviews

RdeSilva
We're tourists from the USA. In Madurai, at the wonderful Gateway Hotel, we made reservations for the next leg of our holiday in Ramesvaram on TravelGuru.com at the Queen's Palace Hotel. We paid by credit card. When we got to Ramesvaram, the hotel says they don't take online reservations, but TravelGuru won't refund our money. In fact there's really no way to contact them. Very shady business, I am quite unhappy at being robbed on the Internet in this fashion.

Name
Phone No.

Hotel Name
Hotel Queen Palace
Hotel Address
N.H. Road (Near Bus Stand), Ramanthapuram Dist , RAMESHWARAM, TAMIL NADU 623526 India
Check-in Date
Booking Date
Sat, 31 Dec, 2011
Amount
USD 49.93

cheated on false hotel reservations

Deepesh Patoria
    Travelguru cheat their customer for more or alternate cheaper option to make more money.

I did booking of room in Summer Sand Resort Mangalore through Travelguru online website.
    I received email confirmation of same from travel with following details on 22/11/2011

Hotel Details : Summer Sands, Chotamanalore, Mangalore, India
    Reserved under the Name : Deepesh Patoria
    No. of Adults : 2 Adult(s)
    No. of Children : 2 Child (s)
    No. of Rooms : 1
    Check-in: Wed , 21 Dec 2011
    Check-out : Fri, 23 Dec 2011
    Room Rate (per night) : Rs. 7000.00
    Taxes (per night) : Rs. 168
    Total Amount Rs. 14336

7-8 days after confirmation of booking a person by the name Pranav called me told that the Travelguru can't give same room. He suggested option of Goldfinch, which I refused because I wanted beach property and when check Goldfinch it was available 3200 per night. He also mention that he can confirm the summer sand book if I agree to pay additional Rs.3000. Few days later he again called me again with the option of cottage room in Paradise Isel in Udipi which 50 km form current property, I told him 50 kms appear far, but please send me details of property over email. He promised send me details but never sent me. He also promised that his senior(Prashant) will call me to discuss options. I checked on net about Paradise Isle and spoke to hotel they told me cottage is small and it can't accommodate two adults and two Kids.

After not getting any mail or call from Travelguru . I called them asking to check for superior room in Paradise Isle and asked them to arrange a call from Manager. They never reverted. Finally today I called them confirm booking status, they refused to give summer sand and said they can't provide anything above cottage in Paradise Isle. I told them to refund my money with interest and they have money without booking for almost a month which again they refused and said at best they can refund full amount 10-12 days later.

Now, 15 days after confirmed booking from Travelguru, I don't any option but to search again possible accommodation and may have pay lot more I would have paid earlier for same book, as when I called summer sand today again to check availability they confirmed availability @ Rs. 8700 + Taxes (per night).

I am sorry to say, Online portal like Travelguru cheated me. I recommend not to use Travelguru for any of your booking.
    Hello Dear,

The situation has experienced by you is a rare one. It is one of the demerit of online travel agency. All online agencies in the world are experiencing this type of situations. Its is totally the problem of servers.

perikala

I am P Basavaraju, booked hotel stay at ooty for 2 days(Aug 13-15) through Travelguru - Mumbai (www.travelguru.com) on[protected] booking ID TGUA[protected].

Ammount deposited INR 2552/- in to travelguru account on[protected].

But due to personal urgency i had to cancel my Ooty trip on Aug[protected] well before 5 working days.

Per cancellation charges given with booking confirmation voucher i am eligible for refund amount minus admin charges of INR 20/-

"Dear Basavaraju Perikala,
      Thank you for booking with travelguru.com. We are pleased to confirm your booking as per the following details:

Hotel : Nahar's Residency Hotel, OOTY, India
      Booking ID. TGUA[protected] Main Contact: Basavaraju Perikala Email: [protected]@hotmail.com

Traveler & cost summary
      Reserved under the name Basavaraju Perikala
      No. of Adults 2 Adult(s)
      No. of Children 0 Child(s)
      No. of Rooms 1 (Deluxe Double )
      Check-in 08/13/2011
      Check-out 08/15/2011
      Room Rate (per night): INR 1011.0
      Taxes and service fee (per night): INR 264.5
      Discount : INR 0
      Total Amount Payable: INR 2552.00
      Total Amount paid: INR 2552.0

Inc : 10?15 % discount on Nilgiri products,gift items and Delecious Ooty Chocolates15% off on sightseeing

Room options / Additional requests
      booked by ashish

Hotel Summary

Hotel Star Rating:
      Address: Nahar's Residency Hotel
      100,Main Bazaar
      OOTY

Unless specified otherwise, rates are quoted in INR.
      The price shown above DOES NOT include any applicable hotel service fees, charges for optional incidentals (such as minibar snacks or telephone calls), or regulatory surcharges. The hotel will assess these fees, charges, and surcharges upon check-out.

Hotel Rules and Restrictions

Property policies
      You must be 18 years to check in to this hotel.
      Failure to check into the hotel, will attract the full cost of stay as no show charges
      Some hotels may require guest(s) to furnish a valid photographic proof of identity in original at the time of Check-in. Kindly carry the same along with you to avoid any inconvenience. The following documents are recognized for this purpose viz. PAN Card, Driving Licence, Passport or Election Card.

Cancellation and changes
      Cancellations made Within 2 day(s) of check in date, a fee of INR 10.00 1st Night room + taxes shall be charged
      Cancellations before 2 day(s) of check in date, a fee of INR 20.00 No charge shall be charged
      All refund requests must occur within 60 days of hotel check-out. Any refund for checking out early or for no shows will be given at the sole discretion of travelguru.com. All refunds will be made by cheque.

The Above rates are valid for Indian Residents only. Different rate might be applicable for foreign nationals and non residents of India.

Customer Support
      Booking ID.: TGUA[protected]
      If you have any questions about your booking, please contact us at [protected]@travelguru.com. Please keep the Booking ID number available at all times for reference. For immediate customer support call travelguru at +[protected] "

After repeated email exchanges and calling up customer service support(Everytime i had to wait for que and talk to different people with no resolve) dillydailing for 3 months so refund arranged. Travelguru responded with assurances of arranging my refund in next 48 works and always proved wron assurances.

With Best regards
      Chennai
      H/P:+91 [protected]
      Dear Mr.Perikala,

We are shocked to hear about your experience and I sincerely apologize on behalf of Travelguru for the incovenience caused.

With immediate effect we are processing the eligible refund amounting to Rs.2552/- which shall be couriered in a form of a cheque on the below mentioned favoring name and mailing address.

Name : Basavaraju Perikala
      Address : No : 5, 1st lane, Thiyagappa Street, Tailors Road LandMark Behind Marry Immaculate Church, Chennai, India - 600010

Refund cheque shall reach your mailing address anytime within 4 – 7 working days. Also as a genuine customer service gesture we would like to extend a future discount voucher which can be redeemable on www.travelguru.com for domestic hotel / vacation package reservation.

Lastly nothing is important than gaining your trust and all o[censored]s here expect the same and we hope that you will give us once more chance to plan your trip.

Thanks & Regards,
      Shailesh Choughule
      Assistant Manager – Travelguru
      Customer Care Team
      Hi Mr. Shailesh,

Thank you for the response and gesture.

Seems you guys wake up after complaint. Hope in future customer service is taken care properly and we need go to the consumer complaint site.

I shall wait for the refund amount to see how far your promises are worth.

With Best Regards
      Hello Mr. Shailesh,

Thanks for the prompt response.

It would have been great if you guys resolved the issue much earlier.

I shall wait for your refund check.

P Basavaraju
      Thanks issue is resolved by refund check of Rs 2252 against confirmed Rs 2552 by travelguru.

With Best Regards

802, 8th Floor,
        'C '...
        Complaint comments  Comments  (2)Complaint category Travel & Vacations

bindusingh
        This is regarding my booking Id TGU[protected] .I cancelled it in time but they are not refunding my money as they are imposing this rule that ----Cost of first night (including taxes) and administrative fee shall be charged for cancellations upto 11-Aug-11 12:00 PM.-----How is it possible.Saroval people are ready to make the payment if Travelguru people will forward the case to them.But Travelguru doesnot want to refund due to this fraud rule.

I like to divert your kind attention and help me as this is our hard money.
        Bindu Singh
        [protected]@sify.com

sujoy mitra
          Booking Id TGU[protected]

After getting my booking done with travel guru I consistently called for next 10-12 DAYS to request you to confirm my booking and each time I was told that the customer care personnel will get back to me and update the same or the problem will be resolved in 24 hrs. They never gave a call and neither clarity. Every time I was told no one is responding from the hotel. When I called up the hotel (from the number given in travel guru booking voucher) he told that since Aug 13 is a holiday so he won't accept travel guru booking unless he is paid more.

After 10-12 DAYS of repeated followups a customer care official informed me that the hotel has asked for 20 more days to confirm the booking. I requested them to cancel my booking and was told that my money will be refunded in maximum 10 working days (written in the cancellation mail received). I consistently called to check my refund status but there wasn't any clarity except a fixed reply "In Process". Yesterday 10 working days are over (excluding Saturday and Sunday, although Saturday is a working day for banks) and I was told that it will take more days. I again called and insisted to have a discussion with accounts team then was told that they have refunded the amount but will show in my credit card in more 2-3 working days. The next day (June 18) I have been informed that there was a mis communication and it will take 10-12 working days more. Today(June 18) I am yet to get my money back

I have escalated this issue to their mail ID earlier also but never received a reply. The service level of travel guru is pathetic.

Sujoy Mitra

Travel Guru — No refund even after cancellation

I had booked couple of hotel rooms through www.Travelguru.com on 4th december. As per my requirement i told the travel guru representative that i will be checking in on 13th of December 2008 i.e. saturday and will be checking out on 14th December 2008 i.e. sunday evening (8pm).

The represntative told me about one hotel (Rajat Executive-Kolhapur) and the rate for the same which was Rs3222/- for one night for 4 people. When i asked him can i check out on sunday evening by only paying for single days charge, he said that the hotel has 24 hours check out time and i can check out on sunday eveing also without paying anything more.

Despite repeatatively asking him about the same he said there will be no probelm, so i went with the booking and paid Rs3222/- for the same. couple of days prior to booking i.e. on 10th od Dec 2008 i called the same hotel to confirm the same, on the contrary the hotel told me that i will have to check out on sunday morning itself or else i will have to pay an extra charge.

After hearing this i called up travel guru for the clarification, i told him what the hotel staff had to say on the charge. The representative the called the hotel and tried convincing the manager, but the hotel manager did not budge. I told the travel guru representative clearly that if that is not possible i will not be able to go ahead with the booking which i have made and asked him to cancel my booking for the same.

I said that i would like to have my full refund, the represntative said that i will get the full refund within 7 working days as it did notmet my conditions.

Now the first thing is that the represntative did not confirm the rates which were applicable as per the hotel conditions/Norms and gave me the incorrect or half information, which is clearly a fault from the Travel guru's side.

Now it has been more than 20 days, even after following up with travel guru they have not yet refunded my money to me. I would like to have complete refund of my hard earned money.

Travelguru — Non-refund of money

arun_murthy1974
            I had booked a resort through travelguru website on 21st April for 2 Night stay in Vythiri Resort, wayanad from 16th May to...
            Complaint comments  Comments  (2)Complaint category Travel Agents

hemansukk

I had made a booking with travel guru for Goa for December 17 to December 19th. There were three rooms booked for the stay with 9 people. The bookoing was done on December 4. On December 8, I placed a request with travelguru to cancel the booking for 2 people. The deadline for cancellation was December 16 after which the entire amount was non-refundable. Until now (December 17), I do not have any response from Travelguru. The kept stating that the hotel did not get back on the request. On calling the Hotel in Goa, I was told that i had to deal with travel guru since i booked through them. I would like to book a complaint against travelguru and claim a refund amount of Rs.3200 (Rs.800 per person for two rooms and two nights) since they failed to take action within the deadline of December 16. The booking ID is TGU[protected].

Hemansu

Travelguru — Refund

Dear All

I am very dissatisfied with the service provided by Travelguru.com company, and ofcourse would never want to refer this company to any of my friends-family & colleagues
            I had booked hotel stay of Sunkissed Resort – Goa booking id – TGU[protected] on 28/07/2009
            Due to family pressure due to H1N1 crisis(like many others ofcourse), I had to cancel my stay with the same on 12/08/2009.
            I had never asked for discount in cancellation and had at once agreed to bear the 1st night charges for my booking as per company policy
            The executive had said the refund amount would be INR - 2658/-
            total booking amount was INR 5316/-
            I was shocked to see a credit of only INR 2000/- in my credit card bill
            After months of query calls, it still stands pending.
            Is this the simplified trip management your company provides
            If I had to go pillar to post for my booking related queries and extra why would I book through agent then ?????
            Not to forget the date today is 19/09/2009 which is more than a month.
            A similar refund was received in just 3 working days from makemytrip.com
            I really repent not booking the hotel through them

ovaisyusuf
              I had a horrible tour experience. This is Pathetic and very bad experience with Travel guru. The information which has been given on TRAVELGURU.COM site is totally false, Hotel Rajdoot it not 3star hotel and very bad location or service.We have chosen based on TRAVELGURU.COM information and spent our hard earned money. Hotel Rajdoot is very bad hotel its very very expensive almost TRAVELGURU charge 3 times more then the condition of hotel All the amenities and services as well as what ever shown and written on TRAVELGURU.COM site was supposed to be there.

Booking ID.TGU[protected]

Although, Let me bring to your notice in brief as under;
              1. We have booked 2 (Deluxe Room) on 15/10/2010 from 23th Oct to 26th Oct2010 at Hotel Rajdoot, Shimla, India
              2. they have alloted us room number 106 and 107.
              3. the day we have checked in rooms were very dirty on even repeated reminders they have not cleaned the rooms, since we checked in at 1pm insteed 12noon even though.
              4. AC, fridge was not there
              5. very rude and discourtesies nature of staffs and authority
              7. never changed the bedsheets or pillows cover
              8. no where it is 3 star it is just like a sophisticatedly hotel
              9. charges of food was very very high compare to food quality
              10. Real cost of the room rent will be given by hotel to other clients is Rs.300 to Rs.600

With all aforesaid points I request to take an action ON SUCH SITE WHO FOR MONEY SACK CAN DO INJUSTICE TO

TRAVELLERS.

I would like to have complete refund of my hard earned money.

Looking forward to hear from you.

With Regards,

Ovais Yusuf

R.SELVAKUMAR
                I have booked Hotel Accommodation in TUNE HOTELS PENANG through Travel Guru first time (UNFORTUNATELY) with the following reference..
                WCT82649674
                SELVAKUMAR RAMASAMY
                Check-in Date: Friday, 09 July 2010 Check-in Time 1400
                Check-out Date: Tuesday, 13 July 2010 Check-out Time 1000

3812 INR charged to your credit card to complete your pre-paid reservation. This amount includes room rate, tax recovery charges and applicable service fees. Hotel rates are based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted. Charges for extra persons and / or children may apply and will be due directly to the hotel at the time of check-out.

Cancel Policy If you change or cancel this reservation before 12 AM local hotel time on Friday, 09 July 2010, you will be charged a penalty of 4 night(s) room rate plus tax. If you need to cancel your reservation please click here.

I wanted to cancel the booking on 23.3.2010 as per their cancel policy as stated in the confirmation email to cancel his hotel accommodation not BEFORE 12 AM but AFTER 12 AM local hotel time and before Check in Time 14.00 on 9th July 2010.and refund of full amount.

The unscrupulous .travel agent without accepting the responsibility even though they had sucked my blood by debiting my credit card and receiving commission from the hotel, replied that I had made the booking on my own without seeking any assistance from the call centre. When contacted the Hotel directly by telephoning spending my hard earned money they too replied to contact the Travel Agent.through whom I booked.
                By just booking a hotel accommodation through TRAVEL GURU I lost my valuable money. If these blood suckers still have some conscience, they should return the money as per the CANCEL Ploicy advised to me.

My word of caution to others: DON'T TRUST TRAVEL GURU.

abhiramkatta
                  I had booked hotel accomodation at Pune in March 2010 through TravelGuru.com. However, I cancelled the same within a day due to change in my plans. Though there was an email from the portal mentioning the refund amount, I am yet to get any amount credited back to my credit card (till July 2010). My mails to their customer service email id are always replied with "we will process your refund in 4-5 working days" but there is no refund of the amount till date.

DHARMMKMEHTA
                    Hi All

As I have added my complain for TRAVEL GURU, can anyone help me after this how to process ahead, as I am new to all this things, and I cannot THINK that this type of TRAVEL AGENT can CHEAT PEOPLE , NOT FORM INDIA BUT OUT OF INDIA ALSO.

TODAY EVEN MY SON who his 6 yeras old IS SUPPORTING ME AND TELLING ME DAD WERE YOU LIVE THERE ALSO THIS TYPE OF TRAVEL AGENTS ARE THERE ????????????????? LIKE TRAVEL GURU

FRIEND PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.

I know there are lot of innocent people complain like this but there will be some way to clean this type of DIRT.
                    hi
                    travelguru is not a good travel agent they r only doing a bussiness we booked hotel at udaipur & mountabu. udaipur hotel is not bad but ratevise expensive avg & mountabu hotel chankya is very bad hotel its very very expensive almost they charge 3 times more then the condition of hotel.we call 3 times from mountabu to travelguru but they didnt respond. the package is book from tanzila she says the hotel is very big & the room size is big but the room is very small & 3rd class service.my booking id-TGUA[protected]
                    its my last booking from travelguru & i recomend to all my friends please dnt book from travelguru.

ram1946
                      I booked Hotel accommodation at Riga Residency at Coonoor through TravelGuru and got a confirmed voucher for a holiday on 28.02.10. Casually i checked at the hotel over phone about my booking and to my shock i was informed that there is No booking for me and in fact the hotel has no accommodation for 3 months due to some prior mass activity. I took up the matter with travelguru, who has not responded except a message which says they are looking into the matter and will respond within 24 Hrs/3 working days. This message is reced whenever u take up the matter with them. The booking has been made on 21.01.10 and still they do not care to respond.It is concluded that any hotel booking made through this hotel requires personal confirmation from the hotel since this company appears to be fraud.Pepole dealing with this travel company shall be careful unless they want their holidays to end in a nightmare.

Viji Raju K
                        I had booked for hotel accomodation with Hotel Lake View using the online booking service of Travel Guru. The booking was for 19th to 21st of Sep, 09 done on 13th Sep. Travel guru confirmed availability of room and I paid the amount of Rs.6,557/-. While getting the confirmation details, I was advised to check up with the hotel after 48 hours for details. Hence I contacted the Hotel Lake View on 16th Sep. However the officials at Hotel Lake view replied that there is no room booked in my name. I checked up with Travel Guru again over phone(spoke with atleast 5 officials), and they again confirmed that I dont need to worry and they gave me the details of a lady to be contacted at hotel. Again I checked up with hotel only to find that the lady was on leave and the hotel staff started getting furious with me and they said they do not have any arrangment with Travel Guru and the accomodation for 19th was over even before my booking date ie 13th Sep.

Out of confusion I immediately cancelled my booking with Travel Guru, as I feel that they are cheating people. Upon cancellation they charge me Rs.300/- as cancellation charges and they are yet to refund me the remaining money. I attach herewith the confirmation given by Travel Guru with reference number.

Had I not checked up with Hotel Lake view on 16th, I might have had a horrible tour experience as I might end up packing on the same day or may have to settle for some cheap hotels to stay with my family. This is absolute cheating by Travel Guru and I request that prompt action should be taken so that such cheatings against ordinary people like me should not happen in future

Dear Viji ,

Hotel : Hotel Lakeview
                        Booking ID. TGU[protected] Main Contact: Viji Raju Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                        Booking Date : 13/09/2009

Traveler & cost summary
                        Reserved under the name: Viji Raju
                        No. of Adults: 4 Adult(s)
                        No. of Children: 3 Child(s)
                        No. of Rooms: 2

Hotel Star Rating:
                        Address: Hotel Lakeview , West Lake Road , Ooty, India
                        Hotel Tel. No.: [protected]
                        Hotel Fax. No.: [protected]
                        Please note that your booking is confirmed.It could take upto 48 hours to reflect with the hotel. You may check with the hotel after 48 hours of the booking being made.

Unless specified otherwise, rates are quoted in INR.

Hotel Rules and Restrictions
                        Property policies
                        • You must be 18 years to check in to this hotel.
                        • Your credit card has been charged the total cost mentioned above. Prices and room availability are not guaranteed until full payment is received.
                        • Failure to check into the hotel, will attract the full cost of stay at the hotel being charged to your credit card as no show charges.
                        • Some hotels may require guest (s) to furnish a valid photographic proof of identity in original at the time of Check-in. Kindly carry the same along with you to avoid any inconvenience. The following documents are recognized for this purpose viz. PAN Card, Driving License, Passport or Election Card.
                        Cancellation and changes
                        • Cancellations made Within 1 day(s) of check in date, full cost of stay shall be charged.
                        • Cancellations between 1 day(s) to 2 day(s) of check in date, 1st night room & taxes shall be charged.
                        • Cancellations before 2 day(s) of check in date, a fee of INR 300.00 shall be charged.
                        • Cancelling your stay: Cancellations can be made online. Cancellation can be done from the Hotels tab of travelguru.com hotel home page.
                        • All refund requests must occur within 60 days of hotel check-out. Any refund for checking out early or for no shows will be given at the sole discretion of travelguru.com.
                        • If you wish to book multiple rooms, you must use a different name for each room or the duplicate reservation may be cancelled by the hotel.
                        • The above cancellation policy is indicative and is subject to change at any time
                        • All hotels charge a compulsory Gala Dinner Supplement for the Christmas eve and New Year's eve on the stay during respective periods.Besides, other special supplements may be applicable during festival periods such as Diwali, Dusshera etc.
                        • The charge for the same as applicable at the hotel would have to be cleared directly at the hotel.
                        • Travelguru shall not be responsible for any such additional charges levied by the hotel other than the room charges.
                        • In case of increase in tariff during the URS period in Ajmer or Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra in Puri, the customer is liable to pay the difference if the Check-in date falls during those periods

Customer Supports
                        Booking ID.: TGU[protected]
                        Please keep the Booking ID number available at all times for reference.
                        For immediate customer support call travelguru at +[protected]
                        Your credit card statement would show the amount charged against travelguru.

Sameer.[protected]@ust-global.com

HOTEL LAKEVIEW, OOTY — SETTLEMENT

I am A.F AUXILIUM CHRISTINA. My Account No: is TN 21560/146 I was working as a Front Office Manager and due to my personal reasons, resigned my Job during June 2008. Right now I am settled in Cochin and I would like to claim for my withdrawls. I do know the procedures, please help me how to proceed

Mohd. Shafiul Haque
                          I had a booking of Kingfisher flight from Mumbai to Lucknow dated 5th of November of cost rs. 4035, which i had to rescheduled to 27th of october. I conatcted the one of the customer executive namely, Mr. Rishikesh. He inormed me that i would be charged only Rs. 5025. He never informed me that Rs. 5025 would be charged to me as rescheduling chearges. I asked him thrice of how much would i be charged. Mr. Rishikesh told me that i would be charged only Rs. 5025 and rest of the money i.e. Rs.4035 would be refunded back to me. When i called him for my refund he told me that i wont be refunded any money and the later charges were rescheduling charges. I told him that he never informed me about this. Then Mr. rishikesh forwarded my call to his supervisor, i told him about my case, then that supervisor told me that he will listen to all my conversation recorded with Mr. Rishikesh and get back to me on 1st of december, which he failed to do. Then i again sent one mail to travelguru stating this. Then in evening i received call from Mr. Rishkesh stating that no money will be refunded back to me, as been told by his supervisor.

I am 100% sure that Mr. Rishikesh never told me that Rs. 5025 were rescheduling charges. Please help me in this.

My ticket number is[protected] HAQUE SHAFIUL(27/10/2008)
                          Booking Id for 5th nov: 653127

thanks & Regards,
                          Shafi
                          contact no. [protected]
                          Travel Guru services are pathetic. I have booked a house boat which travel guru was unable to confirm and when I canceled the booking they didn't refunded my money. Booking ID 478574

They are not agents ... but Mafias ... Travel Guru should be banned from operations
                          Complaint comments  Add a comment

Travelguru.com — Tickets not valid in spite of booking confirmation and PNR generation

Sudarshan Hans
                            I booked two tickets to Delhi on JetLite 09:35am (11-Oct-08) for my parents on TRAVELGURU.COM for which I received transaction...
                            Complaint comments  Comments  (3)

Pooja Sengupta
                            Travelguru.com is currently advertising an international holiday package in Maldives at Club Med - Kani Resort. According to this package they are offering 50% discount on companion's Land Charges. This is a misleading offer. On contacting Club Med directly I found the Superior Room charges are USD 720 per person on twin sharing basis. On current conversion this is approx Rs.30, 000. per person. Travelguru.com have advertised per person Land fare as Rs. 39, 899, this is the price to be paid by the first person and on 50% off for the companion they pay only Rs. 19, 999. As you can clearly see that the full price for 2 people by Club Med is Rs.60000 and the price advertised by Travelguru.com also come to Rs.60000 for Land. This is a complete misleading offer where customers are duped into believing they are getting 50% off on companion land fare.

Apart from this even the airfares charged are much higher than current airfares directly availed from airlines. I am getting return economy airfares for 2 from Chennai to Male via Colombo for a total of Rs.15000 including all taxes but Travelguru.com are charging Rs.11, 955 plus taxes per person. Airfares however are subject to variation hence it can be overlooked but definitely not the above mentioned part of the package.

I have informed Travelguru.com's contact centre representative about this and have not received any feedback from them yet.

I will take this up more seriously if no contact is made by them.

Viral Doshi

We have been given Case No 2240 for below mentioned grievances relating to Hotel reservations done through Travelguru Portal. Please look into this and do the needful.

1. Trip id - TGU[protected] for reservation at Hotel S N International, Thekkady Check in 12/11/2007 Check out 13/11/2007. Reservation Amount Rs. 2818. Cash back amount to be received - 25% for reservation done using ICICI bank Platinum card No: [protected]

We had original reservation for Hotel S N International. On reaching Hotel, we did not get booking over there. Hotel S N International had not confirmed this reservation where as we had received confirmation voucher from travelguru. After almost one and half hour of coordination with different people at travelguru we were shifted to Hotel Greenwoods. Inspite o[censored]ndergoing all such inconveniences at the ninth hour we have not received any cash back or any compensation from Travelguru. Cashback amount works out Rs. 704.50/-.

2. Trip id - TGU[protected] for reservation at Hotel Pagoda, Allepey, check in 14/11/2007 check out 15/11/2007. We had orignally booked for 2 rooms. After discussion with Niquelle D'Silva we had cancelled the reservation for 1 room and retained it for 1 room. As per discussion with Niquelle, only Rs. 300 was to be deducted as cancellation charges. Charges for 1 room were Rs.2,719/- and Rs. 5438/- for 2 rooms were charged to ICICI bank Platinum card No: [protected]. After cancellation, we were to received Rs. 2719 - Rs. 300 = Rs. 2419 for the cancelled room which has not been credited back to our credit card account. This was also confirmed telephonically with Mr. Arun, Cochin office of Travelguru. Please recredit this amount as other room was cancelled in advance.

3. Trip id - TGU[protected] for Granduer House Boat, Allepey Check in 13/11/2007 check out 14/11/2007. This booking was originally made for 1 BR houseboat which was converted to 1 room house boat as per discussion with Mr. Sebastian of Grandeur House Boat and email sent to [protected]@travelguru.com, [protected]@travelguru.com. Original reservation amount was Rs. 16,000/- charges towards ICICI bank Platinum card No: [protected]. No amount has been recredited towards conversion from 1 BR to 1 Room. Rs. 5,000/- was to be recredited to our account towards this conversion. Please look into this.

We have been following up with Travelguru repeatedly for last 2 months over the phone on this. On 28/12/2007 we had verbal discussion Swati from Travelguru helpdesk on this. She had verbally assured us that amount will be recredited within a week. After waiting for credit card statement, we did not find the recredit and raised this with Mr. Ross on 1/2/2008. He has given us case no: 22400.

We have attached copies of earlier email for your reference separately.

It has been more than 3 months of consistent followup with different people in travelguru. Please look into this and do the needful asap. It will be nice if this case is alloted to a person with a fixed phone number and email id. Further followup can be done with a single person.

-Viral Doshi
                              [protected] /[protected]

Travelguru — Cashback not given on the booked tickets

I had booked air tickets with Travelguru under bookin id 385157.
                              For the same i was supposed to get cashback of 25% since i had used my visa platinum card.
                              Even after sending so many mails i got reply from them this will be given in the 5-7 days.Its been 1 month time now and still no cash back.Now there is no response of the mails.

Still waiting for some reply from Travelguru.

Manish TRIPATHI
                              The government needs to shut down Travel Guru with extreme prejudice. They make India look bad, like the stereotype too many Westerners already have of the subcontinent being full of thieves and crooks.

Isha Rahar
                                From: isha Rahar <[protected]@rediffmail.com> |
                                To: [protected]@travelguru.com, [protected]@travelguru.com, [protected]@travelguru.com
                                Subject: Credit card misuse....

Please be informed that i had booked a holiday packgae from travel guru from delhi to Kerala. In order to do that i gave my card details to an agent named Neha. Now i got an call from my bank that my cards are being used by doing online transactions. I have used 4 cards with travel guru & on all of them somebosy has done the transanctions & have exhausted my whole credit limit. Please check into your system as there is something terribly wrong with in your company that the cards are misused by your people.

Please do something at your end else i will be forced to use legal way.

Best Regards
                                Isha Rahar

Even after writting this kind of e-mail I have not received any kind of communication from travle guru. So i have called to know the status if they are working on it or not. Now they are completely denying the fact that it got leaked form them. where as the way my card were used a layman can also tell that it is used by travle compnay as around 30 domestic airline tickets are booked on differnt names using my cards. It;s going to be mpre than a week that they are not getting back to me on this. It is mental harassment as i was on phonw with the bank for entire night n day to get the details of the amount used. I even gave them the customer details for the tickets booked but they are nto suporsting at all.
                                Even I had this situation twice when my booking failed after every other detail was entered. Finally the customer care person asks for my CVV number on my card to complete the transaction which failed ... Give a break
                                i agree, acturealy i buy the mumbai hotel pack after view the hotel photos. but i visit the mumbai after checkin the hotel, hotel is too bad. mene 3000rs me 2 night pe liya tha hotel but jab mene hotel dekha to wo 300rs ka bhi nahi tha.

Rahul Bansal

KOTHARI RANGA RAO
                                  I have requested travel guru to book a hotel for[protected] to[protected]. I have submitted my credit card particulars including cv no. I have cancled my hotel booking because some of the facilities in that hotel are not suited to me. I have requested travel guru to cancel my booking. All these transactions happened through tool free telephone of travel guru. I request you not charge my credit card for above said transactions.

Recently Discussed

Olymp Trade
                                    For deposit
                                    (13 minutes ago)
                                    Flipkart
                                    want to update gstin number in invoice
                                    (13 minutes ago)
                                    Skokka
                                    Online dating
                                    (17 minutes ago)
                                    Fraud Company Motilal Oswal Appointed Fraud Employee Named Satyam Chansoria
                                    unable to transfer money from ledger to my bank a/c