Hathway Complaints & Reviews

1.6
Last updated Jul 3, 2022
1980

File a complaint to Hathway

Having problems with Hathway?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Hathway customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Hathway

Hathway Website

Hathway Head Office Address

"Rahejas", 4th Floor, Main Avenue, Santacruz (W)
Mumbai City District

Hathway Phone Numbers

View more phone numbers

Fax

View more phone numbers

Hathway reviews & complaints page 325

I have received a bill from Hathway Broadband Internet Services informing me that my Internet Subsription was due to expire on 2 February 2009 if payment is not made in time. The bill is dated 28th January 2009 and was delivered by the couriers on Friday, 30th January 2009 in the afternoon. The next day was Saturday followed by Sunday. When I called up the customer service on 2nd Feb. at 10.30 am wherein I was attended to by a male voice. I checked as to why should my connection be severed without even 15 days notice, he rudely hung up on me. I called up again this time to be attended by a female voice (10.38 am) when I requested I speak to their manager, she once again rudely hung up. The third time I called no one picks up the line for nearly 5-10 minutes. I need to know as to why is the billing so late - just 3-4 days before the subscription expires. Why is there no enough time given for payment, why should the subscription be ended abruptly without giving the customer enough time to make payment, especially if there is a sunday in between. AND ABOVE ALL IS THIS SOME KIND OF TRAINED BEHAVIOUR THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSONNEL RUDELY HANG UP ON THE CUSTOMER IF THEY CANNOT HANDLE A QUERY. SINCE BOTH PERSONNEL DID THE SAME THING, I PRESUME IT IS EXPECTED COMPANY BEHAVIOUR. Could I Request a claification please? Could you adivse as to where should I take my complaint for rude personnel behaviour?
hi i m prakash majumdar my citizen at guwahati hateway please give franchise in guwahati and please email me my email id - [protected]@gmail.com thanks.

Hathway Cable TV — shifting of connection

The Hathway doesnt maintain any company profile and reaction to the request is very poor. I asked for the shifting from sastri Nagar to Besant nagar due to relocation. It's more than a week and inspite of repeated calls, No one has responded.

The compnay portal doesnt display any of the e.mail id's for complaint. I would request new buyers to shy away from HATH way .. it's a HELL WAY....

Hathway Bangalore — Channels not coming for past 10 days

I am Sanjay, and I got hathway set-top box for cable. We are not getting CNBC TV18 and CNN IBN channels for past 10 days in BTM 1st stage, Bangalore. I have complained to my agent and there is no response from them. Even I tried to call Hathway phone numbers which are published in their website www.hathway.com. It says invalid numbers (+[protected]/680).

I dont know whether there is anybody at hathway,...

<hydrosignhathway.com> — Subject: DEAR BENEFICIARY

NIGERIA14th FLOOR51/55BROAD STREET.

DEAR BENEFICIARY,
    br...

hi Guys/Gals,

please don't take Hathway Internet Broadband connection this is my personnel experience i took connection for one month with 128kbps for unlimited 6months back after one month i said to hathway people to disconnect till now they did disconnect and they r telling to pay the bill till now and they r telling our people will come and collect the money anyway what should i do
    please mail me am loging a case against him

We applied for Hathway connection on 06.01.06 my account no is 86046, user M/s Samruddhi Enterprises
      we lodge complaints regarding their serivce, following are the complaints no 312039, 314071, 315839, 319727 etc,

finally we disconnected the conncetion, they took back their setupbox on 13.06.07, we mailed them, snd letter, faxed them tried every way possible stil we havnt received our deposit money back

we tried contacting them several times. they alwys says we will receive the deposit money of Rs1000/- in 15 days, still we havnt received our deposit money,

pls help us in getting our refund back

regards
      M/s Samruddhi Enterprises
      Even I am facing the same issue.

I have lodged a complaint for Internet Connection error from 3 months, but I havent yet recieved any reply from them.
      Finally I decided to disconnect the service and return back their modem.
      However, even after writing several mails to "[protected]@hathway.net", I didn't recieve any reply.

The Customer Service is the worst.

PS: Please think twice before buying this connection.

Its better to bang you mind before buying the service rather than banging head after buying the service.

I have been using my hathway set top box from past 10 months . I got it installed from my cable operator Rose Rise Cable but suddenly on new year's eve the following channels were disconnected -:
        1. Star Sports
        2. ESPN
        3. Star Cricket
        4. Zee Cafe
        5. Zee Studio
        6. Zee News
        7. Sahara

I have been registering complaints with them from for past 2 days but all they say is that there is some technical fault with these channels and these channels are working only in South Delhi.
        the cable operator is asking 75rs extra for sports channel such as star sports1 2 3 al the three channels...

Dear All,

I would like to bring in every one notice, that how Hathway Broadband, Baroda has cheated me.

I applied for connection on 3rd december 2008, and made payment of Rs. 1854/- for six month in advance which was asked to do so. Was promised to get connection in 5 days time, but till yet after almost 13 days they have not reverted back.

Today Nodal officers refused to give connection and for refund of my money.

Can anyone guide me the way to get justice and action against these cheaters.

I wrote below mail to their appellate authority but no reply from their side.

From: ASHUTOSH MISHRA <[protected]@rediffmail.com>

To: [protected]@hathway.net

Subject: Didn't get New Hathway Broadband connection yet---- Baroda

Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:38:05 IST

Cc: [protected]@hathway.net

From Last 10 days i am following up Hathway Baroda people for connection, i have paid Amount Rs. 1854/- (Which include service Tax Also) for 6 month 6gb connection, at the time of submitting form and amount i have been told for 3-4 days connection time, but after 10 days also i have not got connection.

Response of Baroda Team is Pathetic, they don't even talk with courtesy, every time they say it will take another 2 days, but still nothing has happended.When i tried to contact Nodal Officer, they refused to give my call to nodal officer.

I am asking, then what the use of making nodal officers if customer is not being attended, just in shake of TRIA regulation, and why you people charge service tax, if non of your staff doesn't know about service, they know only making excuses and to play blame-game.

My point is that whatever reason is for delaying in connection you should have not misguide customer, should have informed me that it will take more than 10 days, at that time i would have decide whether i have to take connection or not, as it was needed urgently for my official work.I would have decided to look after any another provider who can give connection faster. But Hathway have cheated me by saying, i will get connection in 3-4 days.

Sir, Please don't consider customer as taken for granted.

Please inform me what caused Hathway Baroda Team to delay connection and by when i will get connection.

Or my next mail would be to:

1. CNBC awaaz...Consumer grievances...[protected]@moneycontrol.com
          2. Ministry of Consumer Affairs...[protected]@nic.in
          3. TRIA

Ashutosh

THE MATTER POSTED HERE HAS BEEN SENT TO "HATHWAY BROADBANDS" BY E-MAIL DT: 03.12.2008 BUT THERE IS NO REPLY FORM THEIR SIDE, MY COMPLAINTS WERE AS BELOW...

From very beginning till today I am regularly facing service problem such as low speed other than offered as well as everyday frequent disconnecting fluctuations (which are not even complained), and at every interval of 1-2 days have to rectify remotely for modification in configurations which are altered automatically & displayed by various errors. Many times I have experienced poor and tired, weary language of customers care representatives as they may be dealing with several problem all the time with most of the complains from subscribers.

It has been noticed that, to attract more subscribers and grow up customer network Hathway announces and launches new upgraded plans for new customers with faster browsing speed in same tariff for what we are paying since long back for that old and poor browsing speed. Hathway management has no objective or anxiety to upgrade former customer and their sluggish services with faster & improved plans. It’s a simple logic that a month before I paid the renewal tariff Rs. 4500.00 for Combo12Mnt96D-256N Plan, for which new customers also pays same tariff Rs. 4500.00 and enjoy faster speed than us in upgraded plan called Combo12Mnt150D-300N. I called up and asked Hathway executive (Mr. Sunil Mali, Dt: 24.11.2008) to upgrade my plan to obtain faster browsing speed, for which initially I experienced his tired & weary language, secondly his attitude was to end up the issue, so in all hurry this non-corporate executive clarified with immature example that while rise & fall in price of Consumer Products (exampling Cooking Oil Container) no customer have arguments with shop keeper if they buy’s the product at high price yesterday and gets same product today at low price. We understand very well that even uneducated person will also have no complain with price rise-fall in consumer products, but I have sympathy on unawareness of your so called educated executive Mr. Sunil Mali that he is not Consumer Retailing or FMCG Co’s employee and Hathway is not an Shopping Mall or Consumer Store selling the Products, but it’s an “Service Provider Company” and dealing with services, wherein this type of non-professional arguments or logics have no stands, and in same hurry Mr. Sunil Mali hooked up the call with no-responsible attitude and short reply, that his marketing executive will visit us and shall explain for upgradation, but till today no one has stepped in which shows complain & follow up avoiding behavior of concerned employee.

Hathway’s “Customer Care Department” can be simply designated as “Complain Department” like rural management other than named as “Customer Care” like corporate style, because reason is that, the employee’s of this department are non professional in their Conversation, Attitude & Language Tone with bureaucratic behavior comparing with other Customer Care Desk of Corporate Companies. There are many unreported issues with us during complain logging, but I can put on attention about latest issue happened with me on 03.12.2003 (between 11.16 to 11.30 AM). During complaining process on login problem, related Officer’s problem resolving statement was non-logical and when, argueing with him logically, he simply disconnected the phone line as he was not in position to argue further or may be tired with this job. I was frustrated with this phone hanging up behavior, so to inspect that person’s name; I once again called up on this so called “Customer Care Department” where my call was attended by Mr.Kalpesh Prajapati (who was not that previous undisciplined fellow). I talked with him on the issue and asked him to name that fellow who talked with me a couple of minute before, but on asking his colleagues against my enquiry (which can be clearly heard on phone) none of them among 08 executive of Customer Desk answered him truly and said there was no call from any such customer, and no one took responsibilities of this misbehavior, which shows that, the fellow among 08 executives who created issue with me was incapable to face his miss attitude and neglected the query. I have experience this type of episode many times before also as well as other customers also may be facing the same problems, but due to time consuming, ignoring nature and as always your side taking behavior on behalf of offender’s guilt, may be this type of issues & complain are not reported . We can only appreciate the best and loyal part of your executives services that, after issues with them if we ask them to name their senior’s or HOD’s or can give their contact info, so we can put our complains ahead if it’s beyond their reach, they always refuse to give name or contact info of the concerns, which is suspicious matter that, is there any one ruling over their head’s or this Surat division is remotely operated?
            hi all,
            From last 2 moths.(i.e from 1st day of connection) i m facing the issue of slow browsing and download speed.But there is no proper response from hatway.The reason they give are pathetic. like no microsoft updates .faulty motherboard etc... etc ... . Fro there reply i have simple anwer i have brand new intel and mainborad motherboard. with xp with service pack 3 install in it now i dont know what they require more .Please quide us what to do how to get my money refund.
            PROBLEM IN ESTABLISHING NETWORK CONNRCTION

Hi sir,

This is sriram reddy from Hyderabad. I've sent the account close mail on Sunday, 29 June, 2008 6:36 AM.

One of their customer service rep told me to do like this when I contacted them.

I've removed the cable from my computer after 2 days and applied for Reliance. After 2 to 3 days, I've again contacted them and asked why they didn't close my account. The customer service rep told that she is going to update the complaint. I asked for the complaint number.

Complaint number: 1593930

On December 13, 2008, again I got an sms from them to my mobile, saying my bill amount due is Rs.4385.75.

This is so frustrating. I asked them to close the account and filed a complaint to close it 5 months ago. Still I'm getting the bills. Why should I pay for which I didn't use...

Pls look into this issue...

But still I'm getting the bills from them.

same here, i have disconnected the connection in month of november 2009, and till to date more than 3 months, i am still getting the bills from these hathway. the call center guys are soo rude that, they don't even bother to call you nor even try to resolve the issue. please let me now what did you do to resolve this issue

-Ravi

I am Bidisha Chakraborty, currently residing in Sindhi Colony, Hyderabad. I am working with Satyam Computer Services Ltd.

This is to bring to your notice an incident that happened to me.

I had applied for a Quarterly plan for hathway Broadband Internet connection (128 KBPS, Unlimited UL/DL per Month) for an amount of Rs.1123 on the 7th of November 2008. Generally installation is done the very next day. I know this because I have previously been an user of Hathway's Broadband Services in Hyderabad itself, when I was residing in Madhapur Area. But this time even after 11 days they haven't done the installation at my residence yet.

I chased them like hell. Gave them numerous calls and lodged several complaints as well. I tried to contact many people fro their office but nobody responded. I also went personally to their corporate office to lodge a complaint on the 15th of November 2008, and to retrieve my money back, but they refused to refund my money and promised that the installation would be done the same day and if not he personally guaranteed to refund my money.

After all this hassel they laid the cable and delivered the modem but they did not do the configuration as a result of which we are not able to access the services even after repeated calls and complaints.

Today I called up the guy who came to lay the cable and deliver the modem but he bluntly refused to come down to do the configuration. I also tried to call up the service incharge but even he is always out of reach.

On their words I have also purchased a wireless router worth Rs.1600. I am really tired of chasing them. I do not wish to subscribe to their services any more and want them to refund my money.

Please look into the matter and do the needful.

Thanks & Regards.
                Bidisha Chakraborty
                +91-[protected]

I have taken a broadband connection at Hyderabad(A.P.)from above company on 1st Set 2008 and my consumer no. is 354798. I paid Rs1124/- for a period of four months.
                  Right from the day of installation the internet connection is not working properly and so far i made four complaints to their customer service no. apart from sneding mail with detailed complaint. Till date they have not corrected the problem or send any service personnel to check/correct the problem. The latest complaint no. registered today is 2110643 . Every time they are promising that the problem will be resolved in 24hrs but nothing happened till date.

I am suffering a lot due to this as i could neither go for an alternate connection nor use this existing one.

Their Customer care no. is[protected] and mail id is [protected]@hathway.net.

Kindly advise me to solve the issue.

[email protected] Broadband Internet — non connectivity most of the times

my id is - sanchit18

the connectivity of internet remains down most of the times.
                  when i complaint to the company it started within no times. i understand that they have lesser lines then they have given internet connections. for example they are having 50 lines in our area and given connection to more than 50 people say 75. my time and energy is being wasted. i paid to them Rs.500 for one month but it cost me more than 700-800 as i have to spent 200-300 per month over my mobile phone for complaint. who will bear the cost of mobile bill. and who will compensate me for inconvenience. please me give exclusive IP number and 24 hours 7 days in a week 30 days in a month internet line for which i have been paying to the company otherwise i would go to consumer court for compensation and for black listing of the company. my phone number is [protected]/[protected].
                  I am a customer of [protected]@y Digital Cable Services in Anandnagar Colony, Khairatabad.Hyderabad-500 004. I gave a complaint on telephone No.[protected] four days ago. No attempt was made to attens to my complaint. My complaint related to non-functioning of the set up box. I got it done through a Communication engineer after waiting for four long days. This is a clear case of deficiency of service infracting the provisions of the Consumer protection act. I request that suitable punitive action may be taken against the field staff for ignoring my genuine complaint about the deficiency and intimate the result to me.
                  A.Venkaiah. (Consumer)

i want to suggest all the internet users that instead of going for hathway internet connection, its better to go to cyber nets or activate GPRS on your mobile. its the bullock cart in car race. they promise to give a speed but later they are not able to provide the half of the promised speed. and thy are not able to solveany technical problems simply thy lie that one of their technical person will call and solve the problem. this company...

Complaint Against Hathway (Cable TV) — channels blocked

Complain against Hathway (Cable Tv) Can anyone reply

Hathway has stopped sahara one and sahara filmy channel, sahara samachar and some other channels of sahara in

mulund, thane and many other places

In Goregoan the sahara channels are showing . i asked them why they
                    said because in Goregoan there is CAS system

It is more than 10 days and they are not starting itbr...
                    Hathway has stopped sahara one and sahara filmy channel

It is more than 1 week and they are not starting it

what to do
                    are they allowed to stop any channel and take same monthly rent from all customers

I[censored] cant help then please forward to the deparment or person who can help
                    thanks very much

please do reply back...

I took a hathway connection last year from hathway connection worked for two three days and they had some cable issue regearding some permission cnnection never got connected nobody ever bothered to call em to let me know status I asked to disconnect no money refund phone call money lost wasted teim by personally visiting tehy are CHEATS. I am mentioning Baroda hathway so many emaisl alsow waist. i am working person if I keep on visiting their I will lose more money then refund what should I do?
                    From day 1 of relation with hathway i have been cheated, first time of the 3 months plan false commitment by the sales person and later on the usgae and billing.

The latest is after i renewed it in first week of August, i have been moved froma static to dynamic ip and it is not supporting the LED and Ipad i'm using, some times it works of Led and mobile after complaining twice to the customer care and willing to pay the engineers visit charges if any, noone is bothered to restore the connection, people call me on phone on odd office hours and expected me to be at home and do the trouble shooting, after 2 attempts when i tell them it is not working they say it is resolved from their end, one monthe has gone with the payment i made and no satisfactory usage

nHathway account umber 1009039
                    Dear Sandesh,

We apologize for any inconvenience, please share your account number with us. Someone will get back to you at the earliest.

Hathway Broadband

I had a postpaid internet connection with hathaway and had been facing horrible problems .The bills never came to my residence.So every 2 or 3 months my connection used to get disconnected for non payment even without me receiving a bill / intimation about the disconnection.this kept happening for more than 8 months even after repeatedly complaining to customer care.Apart from that, Connections used to be down frequently down and if you speak to the customer care about it, the reply would be that it is down for the entire locality and not for me alone (they expect us to get consoled with that reply).

-ve about Hathaway

pathetic customer care
                      poor internet connection
                      connection would be down without reasons
                      not worth the money paid although slightly cheaper than airtel or other private providers.

I have changed my connection to Airtel broadband and until now i have had good experience with them although i pay slightly higher.

Hathway - Bangalore — Broadband connectivity problems!

They have done it again!

Since last 3 months I have been receiving extra charges for usage exceed. When I first received such charge, I went to their office in HSR Layout and confirmed with their own employee that their system was messed up during a so called "upgrade". Then he checked the CMTS logs and agreed that the usage data was indeed wrong and generated a new statement. I cleared the amount then and there itself and requested him to send me the "Revised" bill as I suspected the new statement won't be synchronized and I might receive false statement next month.

Fortunately he agreed and sent me the statement! Since then I have been receiving false statements without considering revised statement and every time they agree to credit the amount next bill but fail to do so!

I am also starting formalities to go to CC today.
                      Hi i took hathway connection two days back, they toald me that they give connection with in 1 hr.There agent took money and they provided cable. From two days i am calling to there customer service people they are are telling at any cost by 5 pm aur 6 pm. And the person who took money is not ready to attend the phone also.I told them tha please give connection on sat -sun because we have office on monday. they are telling some different story when i shouted on them then they are telling that we can provide on week days.Its not there duty to inform that they will not provide on sun. this is really ridiculous they are cheaters.
                      my pilling plan is rs 787.00 256kp/sec but i am receving 128kp/sec, , i am complient costumer car but no acction plese help .. my costumer id -436075, , location -chennai anna nagar
                      Hi every body,

Never go for hathway internet connection, poor customer service.
                      Their technical people dont have any knowledge to fix a problem when the problem arises.

I have got a network connection from hath way for about 15days back of 128 kbps unlimited plan.
                      The network was very slow, i was getting lessthan 20kbps speed. after 5 days suddenly there was some problem in the signal so i was not getting any signal for the network, i have given a compliant and so called technical people are still working. still it is not resolved, every day i call the Customer case thy say it will be fixed by today. I have called at least some 30 times in this days to get this resolved, still not working.

So what i want to say is:
                      hathway is cheaper.. but if we calculate the no of days the network works and the amount of money we spend on the calling customer care, it will be double costlier than that of the tata indicom/ airtel's cost.

This is what i have learned about Hathway.

So please avoid Hathway, otherwise you will experience the same..
                      THANKS FOR THE GREAT LESSONS AND THE EXPERIENCES SHARES AND THE PROBLEMS FACING BY YOU ALL BECAUSE OF HATHAWAY, THOUGHT OF TAKING A CONNECTION ATLAST CAME TO THE CONCLUSION TO TAKE AIRTEL BROADBAND ONLY.
                      THANKS FOR THE SHARINGS
                      RAJKUMAR
                      I have taken HATH-WAY connection (unlimited [protected]@ 550) just 15 days before, but now they have charged from me Rs.727 per month, I don't know why. I called their customer care many time, but they did not give me any reply yet ( WE WILL CALL YOU BACK ). Some CSR executive attitude also very poor, I don't know what should I do know. I think this is my mistake I have chosen this nonsense service. My name is PRIYABRATA DAS, ID is 580040.

Hathway — In change of mail id

As per the telephonic conversation i hereby submit my complaint ... the present id so called [protected]@hathway.com should be changed to "vathsala [protected]@hathway.com"... so I request to do the same as soon as possible......
                        hi
                        this is to inform u that i had using the hathway internet connection but i am very unsatisfied with these people as on every second i had lost my connection and than after making the several complaints they came and repair the connection temporarily due to which i had lost my connection on every second day and also after giving them so many calls they didn't give any response and every time i had to send a mail so they had...

My user Code is 360426 & I am using 1024 Kbps Expressway Plan (1Mbps). It is 4 Months Prepaid Plan and Download limit is upto 4 GB. In this Plan the download speed must be 1024/8=128, but my download speed is below 6 Kbps. I call in Customer Care for this problem, but I think there is No Customer Care, No Help Desk to solve your problem.
                        Everytime their helpdesk executive said that sir here is ok, our server shows your speed is good. This time their helpdesk executive said that, there is must be problem in your PC sir. They don't want to check their connection setup because I think they don't know how to solve this problem.
                        No aggresive response given by Help Desk Executive yet.
                        No Customer Care...No Helpdesk...No Service
                        this is the fact about Hathway.