Reliance General Insurance Company Limited

Navi Mumbai
Mumbai City District

Good

Reliance General Insurance Complaints & Reviews

I am a frequent flyer with family to USA and used to take only Reliance Travel insurance. I had returned from USA on 6/9/2016 after a stay of 120 days from 7/5/2016. When I travelled from India nto USA, there was a delay of more than 24 hours. When I put up my claim even from USA, they told me to submit the relevant documents/papers for settlement. All the documents including cancelled cheque have duly been submitted in time. I have not purchased anything at Boston due to urgency to board flight to Cleveland. Now they are insisting for receipts for the purchase of emergency items, As I am claiming compensation ONLY for Delayed baggage, please settle my claim favorably without further Delay. My emails will clarify all the genuineness in my claim.
Oct 05, 2016

Reliance General Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

We got car insurance in the year of 2013 december and we are continuously renewing the policy without fail, we had an incident by which front glass got cracks and incident happened was while the car was parked.

And due to lack of awareness my dad took help to file the claim from the insurance sales person where we bought this insurance. He did a mistake of stating it happened while driving
    And my dad was the driver, where as my dad never drove a car before he is aged 65 and we got this car couple years back,

Car is always drove by the driver. I have tried reaching out to multiple numbers of reliance and always failed to connect to right person to resolve this issue.

After that i have started email conversation with reliance customer service, they spent almost couple months promising they are trying to resolve the issue but every time they come back stating we need driver license of your dad.

And for every week or so i get a different ticket number in the email subject. Assume they are closing the ticket due to escalation issues. I have also said that if you cant fix it say it. And no body in the customer service either escalate or say we cant help.
    Aug 8, 2021
    Sep 30, 2016

Accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you've faced.Kindly share your contact / policy details & we will contact you soon.

Reliance General Insurance

I lost my policy document. I don't know what my policy number. how can I get my documents?
      I received a message from...

25/8/2016 ko mainai apni scotay apnai dost ko madat ke leya deya tha jo ki usnai abhi take mujhai wapis nhi ki us scooty mai merai 3 computer ke sman bhi tha jis ke karan meri shope abhi take band pad gayi hai, kyo ki merai kamanai ka sadahan mera computer oe scooty ki jray chalta tha meri life bhut muskil mai pad gayi hai . ( mainai apni complet kapashera thanai mai karvayi thi si vijay kumar ji ke hath mai mera cash hai lakin abhi take unohnai koi action nhi leya hai mainai apnai dosta ka adres bh9i bata deya hai )
      Honda scooty
      Sep 22, 2016

Hi my car policy [protected] is generated, but starting date of policy is coming 17/09/2016, instead of 01/10/2016.
        Kindly make necessary corrections.
        Inspite of telling that My old policy is getting expired on 30/09/2016, policy starting date is coming as 17/09/16 instead of 1/10/16.

Kindly make corrections & send the policy on priority.

Vipin kumar
        Sep 18, 2016

Sep 18, 2016
        Updated by vipin2854
        Have registered complaint with no.[protected].

My Car met with an accident before 4 months . After 1 month of accident a surveyor called us and told us that our car was sold in a online auction for some amount. But the tragedy was they sold our car without any prior permission from us. After we denied him for giving the car to a buyer selected by him he threatened me that if I will not give him RS 25000 then he will not make claim process further and reject our claim.

The second thing I want to high-light is THE SURVEYOR DIDN'T PRODUCE HIS SURVEYING LICENSE TO US AS WELL THE SURVEY REPORT OF OUR CAR. After asking for the survey report several times he gave me a opinion report of old date and told that it is a survey report.

I need some guidence if any expert is interested to guide me for taking further steps.

Mail id:- [protected]@gmail.com
          Sep 07, 2016

Dear Atharva,

We truly understand your concern.Kindly share your policy details & one of our representatives will connect with you soon.

Reliance General Insurance
          Motor claim under the policy no. [protected]
          claim no. [protected]
          Registration Number GJ-03-HA-8001
          Engine Number Z[protected]
          Chassis Number DDH015458

Reference policy no. [protected].

In the above refered policy the name of policy holder is rohan anand s/o kc saroj whereas in the policy issued by reliance general insurance has misprinted the name of rohan anand into roshan ananad, which was corrected after approaching the office of reliance general insurance, vijaya building, barakhamba road, connaught place, new delhi but while issuing policy by post the correction was not endorsed in the policy and mistakely issued incorrectly in the name of roshan anand.

You are therefore requested to corrected/amended policy in the name of rohan anand.

Thanking you.
            Aug 18, 2016

Dear Rohan,

We truly understand your concern. Allow us to get this checked and we shall help with an update on this soon. Appreciate your patience.

Cheers,
            Reliance General Insurance
            I renewed my t/w insurance policy on 02/09/2016 and i got message dated on 02/09/2016 that my policy has been dispatched on my updated address
            now 20 days already past still i did not received my policy
            please do need full ..My policy no is [protected]
            my register mobile no is [protected] and insured name is sudhanshu kaushik

I had a car which my sister's husband was using he met an accident with that car on march 19 year 2016 the reliance insurance company surveyor name murgesh declared that the vehicle is total loss so i claimed it. The idv of the vehicle was 4 lakhs... The insurance company settled me the amount of 3 lakhs. And the agent of that company sent the buyer of the vehicle. He told that the balance amount will be given by the buyer and they lifted the vehicle and hand over to the buyer. The buyer gave me 55 thousand and he told that the balnce amount of 45 thousand he give in a week. Now it has been more than one month they took the vehicle nor the reliance insurance agent is replying about the balance amount nor the buyer is replying abt the money so pls help me asap...
              Aug 17, 2016

Can You please provide me your cell number? There is a bit same problem with my claim.

Recently I purchased a second hand car from Rahul Joshi to my wife name. When I renewed this policy from Reliance, they offered that insurance can be provided for my wife name even the car is not transferred yet but that will be costly as I will loose NCB. I agreed and policy was issued. However, there was one mistake in policy that instead of CNG, they added it's cost to Non electrical. I requested to correct it but now they are saying it can not be done until car gets transferred. Also, they will not process claim if happens something until car gets transferred. There is delay to transfer because of non availability of bank NOC paper. Now, either first generating policy for my wife name was wrong or they are not correcting it is wrong. I approached to customer care but they also now resolved my issue. The manager of Vikas Nagar, delhi is also talking in wrong way. Please look into this.

Vinod Gupta
                Jul 11, 2016

Dear Mr.Gupta,

Inconvenience caused is highly regretted kindly allow us some time one of our representatives will revert back with an update soon.

Reliance General Insurance
                Reliance General Insurance is making its reputation down. Nobody cared to call me on this issue even posting here.

People must think twice before buying policy from Reliance General Insurance.

I am still expecting call from company. I will post later on its status.

Vinod Gupta

I get to know that the insurance policy is for "the item of new goods which is not been used earlier", i think there is some confusion while making this policy, i have shifted my used household and which is clearly reflects on single voice
                  And you also have taken declaration of value o[censored]sed household goods, while giving policy.
                  You are requested to kindly reconsider the matter telling which i would forced to make complaint in consumer forum or comitant authority
                  Kindly do the needful,
                  Aug 6, 2021
                  Jul 06, 2016

Dear Customer,

Inconvenience caused is highly regretted kindly allow us sometime one of our representative will revert back with an update soon.

Reliance General Insurance

I would like to inform you that I have one reimbursement claim for my child (4 yrs.) on dated 27th November 2015. The operation of my son done at 27th November 2015. After that I submitted all relevant documents to the Reliance general Insurance. In month of December15 the claim settlement team raised some documents require before sent the documents they are rejected my claim within 2 hrs. Without any reason.

I have raised my claim on his head grievances but they are unable to proper reply

Sonu Jain
                    Patient Name -- Bhavya Jain (4 Yrs.)
                    Group Policy No. [protected] (Corporate Policy)
                    General Insurance Co. -- Reliance General Insurance.
                    Jun 10, 2016

I have not recd. any call or reply till date from Reliance general insurance company.

I met with an accident april 11th 2016 and the accident was reported to the reliance general insurance.
                      After approximately a months time, a representative of general insurance called and said he is going to visit my house to see my condition and then approve the claim. This visit happened on may 1st 2016, and till now i have not heard any solution, nor the clear picture of whats happening.
                      Bike - tn22ck0321.

Please expedite the process or i may have to escalate it further
                      Aug 6, 2021
                      Jun 07, 2016

Dear Sharunee,

Inconvenience is highly regretted, kindly share you policy/contact details so that one of our representatives will connect you soon.

Hi team,
                        Claim id: [protected]

My bike got stolen on 17th jan'16. However when i asked for claim. First of all they asked me to submit so many documents which costs me around 2k and i have to spend lot of time and then in mid may i got my claim which is only 75% of total amount. The reason they provided that i have only 1 original key of the bike. As i already mentioned in all documents that other key is already lost long back even when i taken the insurance at that time also i have only 1 key. So how can i reproduce both keys at time of claim. This is completely unacceptable. They have not asked while taking the policy that they require both at the time of claim. What a stupid policy.
                        Please try to resolve this i want complete claim.

Sachin
                        May 24, 2016

I wrote my problems here against the service provided for Hyosung Bikes and Reliancegeneral Insurance Policy.
                          I registered a complaint against Reliancegeneral Insurance to IRDA and got a acknowledgement from IRDA.Will post later.The process is ongoing.
                          Also registered a complaint against the dealer to Hyosung Company.

to: [protected]@dskhyosung.com

My Hyosung Aquila 250 (Vehicle No. KA-03-HX-2820)met with an accident last month.It is lying in Chennai Hysoung dealers garage for the past one month. Chennai dealers are claiming that no spare parts are available with them. I paid 3 lacs 43 thousand for this vehicle and lying with one of your dealers for the past 1 month. Did I made a mistake buying this vehicle. Yesterday I called DSKHyosung Pune ([protected]) to register a complain but response is not satisfactory.

The mail chain has the details of the insurance company suggested by Hyosung while the time of purchase.I am not sure how much genuine that insurance company is.when I tried to claim the insurance, this company has derived a formula claiming that I will get nil amount. Please don't recommend these insurance company to your new customers.

To IRDA,

I have a insurance policy(Policy No. [protected] Vehicle No. KA-03-HX-2820 ) for my two wheeler with Reliance general . One month before met with an accident and my bike was put in the hyosung service center, chennai. when I tried to claim the insurance, this company has derived a formula claiming that I will get nil amount. I have forwarded the mail chain.

1) I am interested to know the purpose of insurance because after accident no money is given by the insurance company.

2) Quotation given by this person will be confirmed only after getting the vehicle repaired. I suspect that the quotation given is undervalued.

3) Should I take it to consumer court to proceed legal action against the insurance company to get remedy.

J.Jegan
                          May 16, 2016

I Ajender singh s/o sh. Mahabir sharma, my scouty maestro
                            accident last year. I have not competed my all documentation due to
                            some family problems & survairer close my scouty file but at now my
                            scouty stand in agency unrepaired, company & survairer tell not open
                            my file. I requested to you reopen my file & give information about my
                            claim process & reliase my claim amount.
                            policy no.[protected]
                            m.no. [protected]
                            reg. no. HR11F5367
                            Apr 22, 2016

Reliance General Insurance — Not recieced my pf amount

Dear Sir Not Received My Pf Amount

Reliance General Insurance — not received my phone

bad service experience

Aman sharma mera serviver hai jiske sara procedure ke bad maine final bill jama kiya Rs -13, 223.00/-
                              Aur mujhe mila Rs-4, 854.00/-
                              Aman ji response nhi de rahe h. Aur taal rahe h. Bill me 3 parts ka hi mention aman ji ne kiya h...
                              Policy no- [protected],
                              Cmpln no-[protected].
                              Reliance general insurance
                              [protected], [protected]

Respected Sir/ Mam,

Sir/Mam could you please inform me about the current status of my PF application and if possible please also try to inform me by what date I will be getting the PF. MH/VASHI/118056/137510

shobha dodmani

To
                                  The manager
                                  Relience general insurance
                                  This is ganesh i taken a car general insurance from you recently
                                  Policy no [protected]
                                  In this your agent was done some mistakes
                                  1.Seating capacity it was mentioned 8 but it was 7
                                  2.Date of registration mentioned[protected] but it was[protected]
                                  3.City mentioned rajender nagar but it was rangareddy
                                  4.Chassis no mentioned mbj11jv[protected] but it was mbj11jv[protected]
                                  Emai id blankbut i have [protected]@gmail.com

When i recived some copy from your this all mistakes i found i immediately called to your agent he was telling it is not a problem
                                  If you are ready to clear all mistakes and give me my policy bond
                                  Outherwise kindly cancel the policy and refund my money back

Pavan ganesh kvb
                                  [protected]@gmail.com

Waiting for replay
                                  Apr 19, 2016

Sir good evening, my name is chandan kumar central bank of account no [protected] your bank is very poor service's and any time printer is not working and branch manager is very bad language is usese and not coperate any customer. Please kindly this matter is solve this branch problem and i awaited your reply my contact no is [protected]. Thank you

I met with an accident on my motorbike, which crippled me for about 2 months with multiple fractures to my arm and leg. 3 surgeries were performed at different times over a period of 2 months. I was in pain and agony from fractures and surgeries for the first month and I was in and out of hospitals in the first two months. I am bedridden even now, unable to independently do anything. I was not in a position to do anything myself, need the assistance of others for at least the next 3 months according to doctors.

Immediately after the accident, me and my family's sole concern was my personal health. The motorcycle was taken from the accident spot after about a week even when I was in hospital. This was arranged by some of my family members to be taken to a workshop through a mechanic. Since my only concern was my personal recovery from multiple fractures, I could not locate the details of the insurance and make a claim. Nevertheless I did this as soon as I was able to do. I mentioned my health condition to the call center and surveyor.

Reliance send a letter rejecting claim as the accident was not intimated immediately. They expect me to call them up when I was battling with my life! Like all insurance companies, Reliance tries to reject the claim as the standard practice of all insurance companies not to pay customers. All consumers must know that their sole concern is to find some flimsy issues.

Their officers have completely ignored my health condition and gone only based on standard practices, which is not acceptable.

I would strongly recommend to any potential Reliance Insurance customer not to enter in to any deal with this company.
                                      Mar 26, 2016