Sterling Holidays Resorts Complaints & Reviews

2.7
Last updated Jan 24, 2023

File a complaint to Sterling Holidays Resorts

Having problems with Sterling Holidays Resorts?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Sterling Holidays Resorts customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Sterling Holidays Resorts

Sterling Holidays Resorts Phone Numbers

Toll free
1800 3000 2727
Fax

Sterling Holidays Resorts reviews & complaints(411)

I am a member of Sterling Resorts and I stayed in their Fern Hill, Ooty resorts for the last 3 days with my family. In this stay, I experienced different types of hospitality that made some bad patches in my heart. The reception staff Mr. Ajith and Mr. Praveen showed me a stingy attitude and didn't even be respectful. They are not even able to hand over my id cards and phone properly. Front office manager lady showed some disrespectful activities by ignoring me as a customer and didn't even consider my concern. Also they were not kind enough to give me a laundry bag by saying stock not available. When I elevated the issue to the resort manager, the bags came immediately. Their marketing team is asking for upgradation and I doubt is this the real face of the company? What to do?
Sterling Holidays Resorts customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Dear Venf1cv,

We are extremely concerned of your unfortunate experience. We would request you to please share your contact details so that our executive may call you and resolve your issues at the earliest.

Member Relations - Sterling.

We went for a vacation to the Sterling resort at Kodaikanal, where their marketing managers brainwashed with all false promises and sugar coated lies. They were rushing up to do the payment for the membership and didn’t give us time to think. We immediately swiped 1 lakh there in their resort. The marketing managers were forcing on paying ~1.6 lakhs there but fortunately, I didn't have limit on my credit card. Later, We also paid one of...

I canceled my booking NMWCOR[protected]. There are no cancellation charges as mentioned in the package. It's been 5 days and still, I am following up for a full refund of INR 15599. I tried reaching them over the phone call but no one is picking it up (Ph: [protected]). I send them multiple emails but they are not responding to emails as well.

We made a reservation at Sterling Arunai Anantha resort for stay from December 9 - December 11 (2022). We cancelled this reservation on October 30. We got a cancellation email the same day.
      Till now we haven’t received a refund and we are unable to contact anyone from Sterling team. We enquirer about the refund via email and no response to the email. They promised to respond to the email within a day and even after 4 days there is no response.This is so annoying.

I’m not sure if this is a legit company.
      My reservation number - NMWAAR[protected]
      Dear Arun Purushothaman,

Greeting from Sterling Holidays.

We regret for the inconvenient. As we say your request for refund, we tried to reach you on your given mobile number ([protected]) which we got on the booking voucher. But it was not reachable. So, it took some time for the refund to be initiated.

Now we have initiated the refund today. So kindly give us time till max 7 working days (Excluding Sunday) in order to do the needful. And you can find the refund to your original mode of payment account.

Please do share us your alternate number to my mail ID: george.[protected]@sterlingholidays.com

Thanks & Regards
      George Michael
      Team - CRS

Dear Arun Purushothaman,

We regret the inconvenience caused. We tried to reach you on the given mobile number ([protected]) which we got on the booking voucher. But it was not reachable. So, it took some time for the refund to be initiated.

Thanks & Regards
      Team Sterling - CRS

Sterling membership

I'm writing this based on my 1 year experience of Sterling membership.
        Being a member I have tried booking the Sterling resorts couple of times and every time it's rejected saying room are not available. However, I can book the same room on same dates from any aggregator like MMT.

Then what's point of membership ?

They have tricky polices also to defend it, like only 60-70% rooms are reserved for members...
        My wife had booked 1 rooms in Sterling Wayanad for one night Rs 7, 589. The booking was made on 3rd of october and the dates of Booking were 30th Sep. Booking id "NMWWAY[protected]"

It is clearly mentioned in the booking confirmation that I can cancel the booking and get refund at-least 48 hours before. Later I realised that I won't be able to travel that day and so I had to cancel the booking through their online portal....

Heritage india membership no.510917

I am persistently asked to pay aac charges through sms and emails. This is in complete contravention to the agreement clause 5.3 & 5.4 wherein it clearly states that the charges are to be paid for utilising amenities, electricity and water while enjoying the benefits of the holiday units.
        I was conned into paying these charges in october 2021 for an amount of rs.3583=00.
        Kindly help to recover the said amount collected fraudulently...

Made a reservation on 10th September 2022 at Sterling Kodai Lake for the date 17/09/2022 to 18/09/2022(1 night) . Within sometime got to know I cannot travel on that date so cancelled my reservation immediately within an hour. It is clearly mentioned in the cancellation policy that cancellation made upto 48 hours prior to the checkin date can get full refund. This cancellation was done within matter of hours. Also, while cancelling it showed I am eligible for full refund but in the booking cancelled confirmation mail I don’t see when I can expect the refund. Requesting you to update me on when I can expect the refund

Reservation id : NMWKO[reserved]217

Membership Id: 1238741. i have been visited sterling lonavala between 03/09/22 to 05/09/22 with my family.
          firstly, i must say the food was terrific. i have planned for 2 breakfast and 2 dinner at site but i gave taken only 1 breakfast and dinner. because the food quality was not up to the mark. in dinner mix veg was terrific. also tandoori roti served was cold and hard to eat. on too of this, i have ordered for...

Service

I am purpl member of sterling.
          Have booked a suit room for last new year at sterling munnar as per my earned points.
          But they provided an unhygienic small room.
          They may sold suit room for some other person when they got a non member for higher rate.
          The refrigerator was full of fungus inside. I have the photos and videos with me.
          Front office was terrible with non polite staffs.
          They are speaking...
          I had invested Rs.1475 for 20 years in your sister company Sterling tree Magnum ( India ) ltd on 27th October 1994 with buying one teakwood tree wide Application no K 400794and Certificate no. F16119 planted at KANAVAIPATTI PLANTATION in Periakulam, Madurai district. Now, I would request you to sort out my problems by paying at least Rs. 1.00 lac for one Tree with immediate effect.
          awaiting your favourable reply

ANIL ASHOK POKALE
          Dear Anil,

We would like to reiterate that Sterling Holiday Resorts Ltd is not connected with Tree Magnum in any way whatsoever. Request you to get in touch with the correct organization for resolution of your concerns.

Reservation helpline

I am a member of SHR.The helpline number in your webpage is not working and I am not able to reserve my accomodation.

Please arrange for a call back immediately

Lakshmi A
            Membership No: 202465...

Cancellation of Booking and refund

I had booked 2 rooms in Sterling Aleppey for Rs 14, 936 . The booking was made on 11th of Aug and the dates of Booking were 5th Sep. Booking id "NMWSLPA[protected]"

It is clearly mentioned in the booking confirmation that I can cancel the booking and get refund at-least 48 hours before. I am a Sterling member as well for more than 5 years . Later I realised that I wont be able to travel that day and wanted to cancel my booking...
            I have opted for 10 yr membership on 25 July 2022 but now I changed my mind and want to cancel it and want full refund. I have contacted them many times but the only one calling is Puneet Kumar who provided me membership not sterling and he's saying take membership or else they will not give any refunds. They have provided me membership costing 239000 with down payment of Rs 119500 and rest on EMI basis. Pl help me out....
            I purchased a membership no 218741 of Sterlingholidays in 2004, when I tried to book a holiday for the first time in July 2022, I was told by customer service that my membership has been terminated in December 2021 because it remained Dormant due non usage and pending charges .
            I requested them I am ready to pay whatever is due but in spite of repeated mails, an automated mail is sent .
            I got retired in February this year and...
            I am trying to book resort since march 2022 n ever time they r saying it's full so i want to cancel membership
            We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please write to us at online.[protected]@sterlingholidays.com and we will connect with you to address your concerns.

I purchased Sterling membership in month of Dec 2021 from Jaydeep Rathod & Satyendra in Mount Abu on down payment of Rs. 46, 000/- Membership ID - VNT1245706. After that due to some medical emergency the same was to been cancelled from my side (with in 60 days as per Policy) and I have share a email stating the same still they have deducted a sum of amount Rs. 36, 000/- as a cancellation fees. The matter continued to be escalate and finally...

I got my sterling membership on 5 April. I have raised a request for cancellation on the 15 of April. so according to the norms, I should get a full refund. but a person called me from a landline no. +[protected] when I call this no. it says this no. is not in use. but he called me and asked me the reasons for cancellation I informed in so and so he said i[censored] cancel he said u will get only a maximum amount of 60, 000. but I have paid 2, 70, 000. And the person who came to me and talked about the membership said u will get a full refund i[censored] cancel in 45 days. his no. is [protected] name is Anand. I don't know what is happening one is saying something someone is saying something. but I want a full refund as the person said u will get a full refund i[censored] cancel in 45 days. I have the voice recording too. And according to the norms also I should get a full refund. as I have raised a request in 10 days.

I bought a sterling membership for 10 years on dec 2020 and paying by emi my membership contribution by Rs. 8916 and at the time of taking the membership paid 35000. After paying for almost for a year I get to know that they have a membership fee also which i have to pay every year apart from my contribution. I am a salaried person I am doing the Membership as it is one of dream but the sales persons never told me about this membership fees and it is impossible for me to continue also my family going through a financial crisis so I want to discontinue the membership. Another thing I never availed any of their service but when I told them I want to close it, they told me that as per their terms and conditions no money will be return back. this is very pathetic for me as I have almost given 1.25 lakh. How can a terms and conditions are there where I cannot got any money back as I never availed any service. they actually misell the product to me. Kindly help me to get back my money
                May 7, 2022
                Apr 06, 2022
                Sterling Holidays Resorts Customer Care's response
                Dear Suchetana,

We hope our executive has contacted you and addressed your concerns.

My Sterling membership no. is [protected].
                  This refers to your trailing mail, we just want to inform you that, we have not yet received the refund of the amount against Rs. 60, 000/- paid to Sterling by mistake on 3 rd January 2022.

I have written the mail to customer feedback Ms. Rasan Kumari FIVE Times and got only assurances that my money will be returned within 7 working days, where it is not being returned, even after 45 days.
                  Feb 20, 2022