Vodafone India Complaints & Reviews

1.9
Last updated May 19, 2022
Profile

File a complaint to Vodafone India

Having problems with Vodafone India?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Vodafone India customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Vodafone India

Vodafone India Phone Numbers

+91 98 2009 8200

View more phone numbers

Vodafone India reviews & complaints page 1315

i recently change my hutch prepaid to postpaid, for some days it works and the procedure of verification is also done by vodafone executive, but after few days of verification they stopped all service of my mobile. i made a contact to customer care and to vodafone shop also i mnot getting the proper response from them, i had given all my residence proof twice but still i m suffering. please do the needfull.
mobile no:[protected]...

Vodafone — International Roaming - Security Deposit

I had given a security deposit oif Rs 6500/- to vodafone online when i was planning to travel to singapore.

The services were activated and when i came back it was told to me that I should be visiting nearest Vodafone store to get the deposit back.

Today, Monday, May 5th when I visted the store in Dwarka Sector 12 market, to my shock I was informed that the amount will be adjusted against my bills...
br...

I am Abhishek Shastri, I m a Vodafone Prepaid Customer in Lucknow U.P.East. I have a problem that whenever i recharge my number with a topup, the messege is displayed that Recharging is not allowed. I talked to customer care they told me your sim is damaged and you have to convert it on post paid or change the number because it is recharged 20 times a day with a wrong code. Regarding this i am complaining about Vodafone Customer that on same day there server was down and nobody in lucknow was able to recharge there Vodafone pre-paid. So obviously i tried it more than 20 times. Now they are not realising there mistake and they are not taking any action regarding this issue. I don't want to change my number because it is official and very important for me. I am using there service from past two years. Is this the way to help customer by using the advertisment of a Pug. I am very frustated with there behaviour and do they have any rights to terminate this number without any reason. I have two Refrence Number[protected] and[protected].
Aug 13, 2020
i am unable to recharge my vodafone number. the messege comes out that the recharging is not allowed.
I am Devendra sharma, I m a Vodafone Prepaid Customer in ghaziabad U.P. east. I have a problem that whenever i recharge my number with a topup, the messege is displayed that Recharging is not allowed. I talked to customer care they told me your sim is damaged and you have to convert it on post paid or change the number because it is recharged 20 times a day with a wrong code. Regarding this i am complaining about Vodafone Customer that on same day there server was down and nobody in ghaziabad was able to recharge there Vodafone pre-paid. So obviously i tried it more than 20 times. Now they are not realising there mistake and they are not taking any action regarding this issue. I don't want to change my number because it is official and very important for me. I am using there service from past two years. Is this the way to help customer by using the advertisment of a Pug. I am very frustated with there behaviour and do they have any rights to terminate this number without any reason. I have two Refrence Number [protected] and [protected].

I am writing to you with regard to the Vodafone connection [protected] which I hold with you all.
    I have been charged Rs. 25 for international sms which claims to be sent from my number.
    I called in your vodafone customer care who start the conversation with "I am happy to assist you" but land up not assisting us customers in one single way.

I want to make it very clear that I had not sent a single international sms from my phone and how in the world can you charge me for something which I have not done, this is really disgusting. One cannot believe a mistake so grave from such a big corporate house.

I would also want to inform you that something similar had happend in the February 2008 month bill as well, wherin I was charged for 3 international sms's which I did not send.

This seems to be an issue with your server or system.
    In Feb 2008 when i had called in, I was promised that I would be reimbursed R.s 15 for these 3 International sms. This reimbursment or refund never happend, anyway.

And now again this Rs.25 issue. Immensely saddening. I just happened to go through my bill this month & noticed these charges, I dont know how many times earlier you would have charged me in such a manner.
    This is totallly not acceptable. An issue i should have brought forth long back.

I have been a loyal customer of yours for the last 4 years & now this is beyond my tolerance. I am not concerned about paying you Rs. 40 (25+15), my concern here is that why should you charge customers for something which they have not done. I am not sure if again next month you would bill me for such unruly charges.

I am marking a copy of my email to "The Hindu" Newspaper, "Deccan Chronicle", "The Times Of India" & "the Indian Express"
    This messege has also been posted on https://www.consumercomplaints.in for Consumer Complaints.

The progress of this email will also be posted on my blog murtuzahk.blogspot.com, so the whole world can know how you actually take further steps to resolve my greviances.

In anticiaption of your prompt response.

Murtuza.H.K

This is SRK

I have been charged Rs. 50 on 19th march 05.41pm

Tuesday i have recived a missed call from Kuwait (overseas) against i have make a missed to the same for giving missed call, deducted Rs.15 from my account. Actual call charges is Rs.11/min

Now have spoken with Mr. Praveen one of your customer care. He asking last recharge i think it is not necessary for your security reasons.

Let me it is cheating r not.

Thnks & Regards
    SRK

Vodafone — International SMS charges

I have been charged for the International SMS which I have never sent in the month of August. I have also been charged for the same before but I ignored it then, now I have been charged for the same again which is unacceptable. I have seen lots of people are facing the same problem but no solution avoid these. Please let me know the why I have been charged for this?

I have a Vodafone dead SIM that does not work, but I have been getting the bills for the previous 2 months as the account is active.

I reasoned with Sapna at Mulund Vodafone gallery and she informed me that the account is active and the bill is generated irrespectie of faulty or blocked SIM.

You must pay for not being able to use your SIM as you are a Vodafone customer.
      Aug 13, 2020

I am a post paid vodafone customer and to my amazement I discovered this month that I have been paying my vodafone bill twice over from August 2007.

Vodafone charged the bill to my credit card and I also made payment through my ICICI account. The payments were being duplicated for the last 9 months but Vodafone never ever sent me a SMS informing me of the double payment being made.

If I would not have paid the bill they would have sent an SMS to get their payment. As they were receiving double paymnet they kept mum for the last 9 months. What a shame on a company valued at billions of GB Pounds.
        Aug 13, 2020
        Don't you know Vodafone is Happy to Help. Itself! Even by looting customers.

we wre a small retailer of vodafone balance in vyara. we get balance to sell alternate days i.e. Monday Wednesday & Fridays. over that we are forced to buy coupons against balance or else we are not provided with any balance to sell. hence we are not able to arrange for money as the coupons stock goes on increasing un necessarily as we havelimited sale of it. this has resulted into financial crisis in our house. today also against balance of 4000/- we were forced to buy 2 coupons of 551/- each which previously also we had & which has hardly any sale in our shop. as a result there is an un necessary blockage of our money. i would just want to know that is there any rule as would force to buy coupons against top up balance? we are fed up of this.

'AFRAID TO HELP' should be the avdertisement instead of 'HAPPY TO HELP'. Its diffcult to contact vodafone customer support( whats their present toll free number?; who knows?).
            One time i could contact on 111 & compalined about a gprs issue; but they didn't provide any support.
            its too irritating(!).....

Vodafone moto is "Happy to help" but it should rather be changed to "We are here to bug you". I have had Vodafone post paid connection for about a year now. My bill generally comes in the range of 600-900. Last month, I had been to Mumbai on official purpose and due to roaming charges, my bill went high. Since then I get calls and messages daily from Vodafone asking me to make an interim payment . Though I explained many things like why the bill went high, how I have always paid bill on time and will do so this time aslo, am working for a reputed IT MNC, there was no change in their tone. They kept warning me that all my outgoing calls will be barred if i dont make an interim payment. I was also adamant that i will not make any interim payment till my bill comes. Finally, after 3 weeks of mental torture, they have barred my outgoing calls today (April 30th). I tried to pay the bill online and my account was disabled. When the customer support person called me again for bill payment, i told them that if my account is not active, i cannot make an online payment. Then it was enabled and now I have made the payment. But I am not even able to call customer care to tell them that i have paid the bill and they can activate my connection. All this for my phone billing going 400 Rs more than usual bill range.
            I was using vodafone number [protected] in punjab now the outstanding of rs. 2677 has been communicated by your agents. But they are not ready to accept the disconnection application and also they are not giving receival for my connection disconnection request which is not acceptable. I have no issues in making the payment but they are not providing me the confirmation in writing that they have taken my disconnection request and also my bills are cleared and i will not be liable to pay any bills further. Provide me the resolution. Also apart from this they people are calling on the numbers which have been dialled by me and disturbing those people without any reason. How dare the collection people got access of my call details when it is an offence.how dare they people calling on those unknown numbers. This is ridiculous. They don't have guts to accept the disconnection application and they don't have guts to give me in writing the clearance of my bills but these people are carrying such kind of filthy services of calling on unknown numbers. I seriously want to sue those people. How you as a reputed company give delaerships to such kind of filthy, cheap people. If any employee of vodafone will read then i appreciate if he can give my any solution. My mail id is [protected]@rediffmail.com

HOPING FOR FAVOURABLE ACTION
            Yesterday i have deposited my bill for my postpaid vodafone no [protected] having recipt no 7878 at Vodafone Mini Store, Shop no:-108, Sec-4Mkt.U.E, Opp. Community Centre, Gurgaon but yet i am not getting any information from customercare.

Vodafone — Call Barred - Credit limit Exceeds - Bill not generated

I have purchased this number three months back. As I am a cooperate customer, it is really disappointing that Vodaphone assign a credit limit on my number for 800 Rs.

And on top of that now my outgoings are barred, I got a message 2/3 hours back that my credit limit has exceeded and now my calls are barred. Three days back same story happens which makes me pay 500 cash, somehow I made the payment for 500 Rs. But this has happen again. My bills generate on 6 of every month and I believe my calls should not get barred till I don’t received my bill, after all I have rights to see the details of my bills before making any payment to any operator.

And when I call your world call customer care to get some support or help, what I get is that my calls is been put on hold for 10 minutes no one response. So I have to disconnect and call again to customer care and they suggest me to visit vodaphone care center with an application to increase my credit limit.

I believe this is a postpaid number and fixing a limit of 800 and if a customer request for an increase, so divert him to vodaphone center. Seems this connection is a liability us, as we are not on vodaphone. So I request you that if you can’t gave any authorities to your customer care executive to increase customers limit or release his calls, you should rename it “FROM CURTOMER CARE SERVICE TO SUPPORT SERVICE” as I can’t why CARE word is been used as its not been offered to customer.

Deep

these is regards to vodafone number [protected]. i took this postpaid number on 12th of April n hv been told to activate the international roaming on it. i hv also buyed ur new product vodafone USB modem using which i can surf net.

I m a seafarer n b most of the times out of country so i need to b in touch wthy my family. i was told tht within 4 days my international roaming will b activated n to surf net using ur vodafone usb modem i hv to snd an sm to activate a postpaid plan "ACTVMC 699".

till date i m not able to connect or try out ur vodafone usb modem as i m not getting network or acess to any network. i think u hv not yet activated international roaming... i cant call customer care bcoz i m abroad n i dont want to afford the charges calling u so i m mailing u... my company superitendent came to china frm mumbai few days bck n he also using the vodafone number n hv international roaming activated... he is getting the network n is able to make calls n recieve... where as i m not able to get access to ny of the network... i spend 10, 000 on buying ur vodafone USB modem n activating international roaming... but i m not able to use it...

please do the need ful in the above matter as soon as possible so i can start using ur services... or i'll make sure tht i get ur product bck to u... n doesnt use ur services nymore in future... pls tell me wht is the problem n make sure u activate the services...

hope u do so... n pls reply me on the above matter on the same id as well as on my ships id which is [protected]@tolanigroup.com.

postpaid USB Modem — not working

respected manager

i have taken a reliance postpaid USB Modem on 28 oct. it had activated on 31 oct.
              but it is not working, not a single site it opens.
              what can i do,
              suggest me soon.
              with regards
              smrity

I have written below email-1: to Vodafone Care...
                and got use-less response as email-2: from Usha Nandini from vodafone...
                I ask again as in my email-3: but there is no response there after...

I would request you if anyone can help/save me...
                I would like media to tell me if they can help me and save others as well...

I would not left with any other option then to make legal action after three reminder...
                Please do consider this as my Reminder-1

Email-1:

I have received a VodaFone PostPaid connection sim tow days back.
                and when I received confirmation call from vodafone care yesterday I come to know that I am not in a scheme which was spoken to me and in addition to this I did not get the number([protected]) which was promised to me.

Now when I am trying to call the executive(Neha:[protected] working for Wings-IndirNagar seems and email ID where I sent my pay slip is - [protected]@gmail.com ) who sold me this, she is not picking up my call.

I would like you to take this into immidiate action and resolve and till then DO NOT MAKE ANY ECS PAYMENT.

If you think things will not be able to workout which was promised to me, please do send back my documents+photo+cancelled cheque to me and cancell this connection.

Please advice what should I do and reply to my email.
                [protected][protected][protected]

Email-2:
                Dear Ms.Bhavin,

Thank you for your email dated 25/04/08 about activation.

We request you to walk into the nearest vodafone store to assist on the sam=
                e and process your request.

In case you need further assistance, please do call or email us. We'll do o=
                ur best to help you.

Happy to help,

Usha Nandini
                Vodafone Care
                [protected][protected]

Email-3:
                Hello Usha Nandini,

Thank you very much for the replying...
                I would request you to please go through content of the email first and do suggest me if I need to really go to vodafone center because I really have nothing to do with that.

for other suggestion to talk with vodafone care, I have already done so with no result and this is the reason why I reached to you.

Please let me know if you can really offer any help to me in this regard else I do not left with any other option then to cancell this connection as it seems no body is really caring about what the problem is and just passing the ball to next person.
                my no.[protected] is not change into postpaid please chek my no. & id my address House No.101, Sec-25, Block-C, Gali No.1 Near Primery School Madiya de back side Mandi Gobindgarh
                My contact No.[protected] & [protected]

This is for your kind information, I Vijay Pal Singh having mobile no- [protected]. For last one month i am out of Delhi, so i could not be able to pay my bill before 29-jan-09, as my last payment date was same, It was so because o[censored]navailbel of vodafone store, and now my phone has been disconnected for last 3 days back. I paid my bill on 04-feb-09 at vodafone store-Durgapur Transaction id-RDP-1-[protected], amount Rs.1000, and the second slip no C.C.no:VESL/VS/DURGAPUR/ROAM/2008-09/214 amount 400, but barred service of my phone is not cancelled yet.

Therefore, please cacelled my barred service and activate my services.

NOT DEAR SIR / OR MADAM

I WAS LUCKY, WHEN VODA PHONE WAS HUTCH, I M LUCKIEST CUSTOMER OF HUTCH SINCE JULY 2006, I NJOY FACILITIES WHAT EVER COMMITTED BY HUTCH .

... RECENTLY I BOUGHT VODA PHONE FOR MY WIFE..
                  BUT NOW I M U N L U C K Y CUSTOMER OF VODA PHONE SINCE MARCH 2008, SEVERAL TIME I HAD SMS "CAN CT' TO 144, COMPLAIN FOR THE DEACTIVATION O[censored]NWANTED CALLER TUNE . BUT INSTRUCTIONS HAS BEEN NOT FOLLOWED TILL TODAY .

TODAY, I GOT MESSAGE TO DEDUCT 12 RS FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR THE EXTENSION OF CALLER TUNE TILL 12 APRIL, WHY SO ... I DO NOT WANT IT ... IN FACT I M SMSING FOR DEACTIVATION, ...

SO THIS WARNING TO VODA PHONE WORK LIKE HUTCH .. TO SURVIVE ...

CUTOMERS ARE... KING MAKER .

BUT SOME CUSTOMER ARE... FOUNDATION SHAKER... DO NOT IGNOR IT ...

EVEN THAN ... STILL YOUR .. ...WELLWISHER

pROF dEV

Vodafone Prepaid — Poor Customer care

I had been complaining for deactivation of my Missed call alert (MCI) service from my account which was automatically activated in my account and for that they are charging rs 30 every month from my account.. whenever i call them they are telling "sorry for the inconvenience caused to you sir" and also "this time surely it will get resolved.. trust me sir" these are the words that customer care persons are repeating and repeating.... I am planning to change the service provider due to this poor customer care service.....
                  hi this iz upender yadav

i wanna my no call details incoming and out going

Vodafone — Execution of change of address

I have two vodafone connections obtained from their outlet in Malad - Hypercity. My numbers are [protected] and[protected]. I recntly moved my apartment in the same area and the address change was asked for . I was asked to go to the Vodafone counter and on 29th March I went there in Hypercity ( Malad west). I was instructed to give documents of address change . I went back with a letter from citibank reflecting the address change . That was...

Besides TRAI notice, Vodafone constantly unfair practise to activate unwanted services to their customers. If we do complaint against it, their customer care executives just say "We are sorry or helpless." the statement has been learnt by heart.

The operator do not care about their existing and old customers faith and its goodwill. It is keen to make a big hole (loot) to their customers pocket.

My April'08 and March'08 bills show that I have downloaded something which I don't know what is it exactly (i.e. hungadownsninetyn, truetoneindiagames, hungamapackagefift and hungamaanimation etc. if you search it on Google, you will find no result.) while nothing has been downloaded in my handset.

These downloads billing is around Rs300, as I don't have any proof against it so I have to been compelled to pay it.

My number is [protected].

Vodafone — Harassment face from your employee

Dear Sir/Ma'am

I am Mohd Abeed Khan with the phone no. [protected].Since I was out of station for around 3 and half to 4 months I could not pay the bill on time. Since I didn’t have a credit card I could not pay online and since there is no Vodafone store in Manipur I was really facing problem of paying my bill on time.

Few days back I spoke to the Customer Care from...

Respected Sir/Madam,
                      I had a vodafone prepaid connection of the number [protected].In the month of March they called me and convinced me to take a postpaid connection of same number. They said that I will only have to pay Rs300 as security deposit which will be refunded back to me and I will have to do nothing. I will get back the money just after I pay my third bill. They didn’t say anyrthing about CLI charge of Rs50 after 6months and all those hidden charges. They said I wont have to pay anything more than Rs199 i.e. my rental and 79 power that makes a total of Rs278 if I do not make calls more than the Rs100 talktime they are giving in the package.
                      They didn’t tell about tax being chargedover the total sum so I thougth that the rental will be insclusive of tax. Now that I am dissatisfied with their promises I have disconnected the line on 17th April but they are now saying that I wont get back my Rs300 deposit even if I pay all their outstanding bill which I have promised already. They are now saying that this money is in a six months lock period which was not atall said to me before. They are just cheating common people by giving incorrect informations.
                      Sincerely,
                      Jayanta Banik
                      14/B, Raipur Road
                      Kolkata-700092.

Vodafone — CHEATING ON POSTPAID

dear all, vodafone is really cheating postpaid customers on different ways
                      & by useless & worst customercare services.
                      please do not use vodafone connections even i am a vodafone platininum customer.
                      worst, worst worst, worst than all...
                      i topped up 5 pounds and 10 minutes later i cheked my credit and it was all gone, and i did not evan spend a penny.

hi sir/mam
                        this is varun sidana,
                        actually i was using vodafone prepaid connection then i got a call from vodafone, they said we have a postpaid plan for u
                        plan details (i heard on that call)
                        rent 249
                        free local calls 500
                        vodafone to vodafone 10p/min
                        vodafone to other mobiles 60p/min
                        std all @ 1re/min

i was impressed with that plan nd i decided to go with that plan
                        then i migrated from prepaid to postpaid...
                        after 3 days i got an sms from vodafone that ur unbilled amount is 400+ nd reaching ur credit limit of rs 500
                        i was shocked
                        then i got a call from vodafone
                        i asked them about the call charges
                        they said
                        vodafone to vodafone 30p/min
                        i was again shocked
                        nd now only around 10 days hav been passed nd my unbilled amount is 1200 above(unbelievable), my credit limit is 1500
                        in simple words i am not going to pay a single penny to them becoz they misleaded me about the call charges...
                        kindly take some actions against them
                        thanking u
                        urs faithfuly
                        varun sidana
                        delhi-110095
                        I am Abhishek Shastri, My Mobile number is [protected]. I m a Vodafone Prepaid Customer in Lucknow U.P.East. I have a problem that whenever i recharge my number with a topup the messege is displayed that Recharging is not allowed. I talked to customer care they told me your sim is damaged and you have to convert it on post paid or change the number because it is recharged 20 times a day with a wrong code. Regarding this i am complaining about Vodafone Customer that on same day there server was down and nobody in lucknow was able to recharge there Vodafone pre-paid. So obviously i tried it more than 20 times. Now they don't realising there mistake and they are not taking any action regarding this issue. I don't want to change my number because it is official and very important for me. I am using there service from 2 years. Is this the way to help customer by using the advertisment of a Pug. I am very frustated with there behaviour and do they have any rights to terminate this number without any reason. I have two Refrence Number[protected] and[protected].
                        Abhishek Shastri
                        i want a addres of this number [protected] and [protected] plz do me a faver i will very help full to u
                        plz send me a details as soon as possible this my numbers request to u.

it has past more than 14 days that i apply for a conversion of prepaid to post paid. the boy named kuldeep from KOSMIC ENERGY DIALNET, SEC. 2, NOIDA, came and told that a new technology has been devised which don't require a new sim card for the pre to post paid conversion. now three days back my prepaid connection is blocked and post paid is activated but i don't have the simcard. so there is a great fear that sim can be misused...

This month 11th i taken one post paid connection no;[protected], unfortunatly the sim locked after three days . i enquired in your costomer care and they replaied me that ''its a non service are aconnection, and we will send one requiest to the regional office, and it will activate after two or three days.'' still now nothing happend ...the most irresponsible service i have ever seen.
                          ambarish

Vodafone World Calling Card — NONPERFORMANCE

I have purchased a WCC from Vodafone in 2500/= with a validity of 9 months. It worked first few day after that it became difficult to get 50118. I am registered for pin less service 9n phone [protected] and lodged at least 60 complaints at CARE / CORPORATE CARE / 111 / by fax but no body cared to attend it. The WCC effectiveness can be seen from my bills where calls made on card / without card are recorded and charged
                            accordingly....