Tata Sky
Tata Sky Ltd.

Tata Sky Customer Care

TwitterFacebookLinkedInYoutube
Unit 301 to 305, 3rd Floor, Windsor, Off C.S.T. Road, Kalina, Santacruz (East)
Mumbai City District

Prepaid +91 92 3301 2524

View More Information...

Good

Tata Sky Complaints & Reviews

The set top box is not working for more than 3 days. I scheduled an appointment with the engineer, and on the first day he said over phone he does not have adequate apparatus to solve the problem. On the second day, he promised that that he will come between 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm. I called him and confirmed the appointment and left office early to attend him. When he did not show up until 7:00 pm, I called him again and he said that he is on his way and will be reaching in 30 minutes. However, he never showed up, and when I tried calling him at 8:00 pm he stopped answering his phone. His name is Mr. Rahit (most probably) and number is [protected]. I tried calling the 24-hr helpline which seems to be down after 8:00 pm. Next day morning, I called again and talked to Mr. Ravinder, Ms. Mahinder and their Manager, Mr. Ratish. I was told that someone will be in my place between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm - no one showed up. I called again and I was told that someone will be here by 2:00 pm. Again no show. I called them minutes before typing this, and I am told someone will be here by 3:00 pm. I am still waiting.
Can anyone do anything / help about this? How is the service of other providers like Big TV or Dish TV in Delhi NCR Region.
Satyaki

Just wanted to share a feedback on Tatasky Sale after Service…

I still remember when Tatasky was launched 3-4 years back…I was with Hutch/Vodafone in HR, Jaipur (Rajasthan) and was the first one to take the connection. I helped in branding of Tatasky product in our office through mails and also allowed Tatasky sales Manager to promote the product in our office premises.

One good thing about Tatasky is digital picture and sound quality but services are very poor. Just because of poor service, I discontinued the connection 2 years back. I thought that service quality would have been improved by now but it is not...

I called 3-4 days back at Delhi – Tatasky call center and they asked me to pay INR 350/- to get the connection installed. I had already paid INR 500/- after having discussion with Tatasky executive. They also said that it will take 48 hours to complete the installation but still the connection is not installed...

Engineer visited today in the evening and said that to get a connection, 40 meter cable wire would be required and I have to pay additional INR 500/-.

In another room, my brother has a DTH connection of Bharti and his relocation connection was done within 4 hours, also they provide 18 meter wire free as compared to Tatasky...He paid only INR 300/- for installation (Relocation case), it consumed 32 meter wire (14 meter wire cost was waived-off).

It is very strange that Tatasky takes 48 hours with double/triple the cost of installation as compared to other market players.

The commitment given by Tatasky call center staff is also mis-guiding. I got a SMS that engineer was to visit my place at 5:20 PM yesterday 3-3-10 but he never came to my place. I rushed from my office just because of SMS and double confirmation check by call center executive but no one visited my place.

Tatasky has very poor sale after service..Intially when I had taken connection, installation was done within 4-8 hours, I think wire was free upto 75 meter, Engineers use to visit with all accessories including generator in MarutiVan but now a days they visit by motorcycle.

Trust me, this is a really a bad experience and breach of customer trust on a brand.

Nitin Srivastava
Worst ever phone contact service. Don't care type. Don't have tollfree no. They will let you hear music for 5 to 10 minutes on the pretext of busy on your money. You must be having some question in mind reg. a problem but at first you will hear your account balance, thereafter advertisements, some busy music etc.They don't bother to attend to e-mails either. On e-mail they have Prefixed steps, which are irrelevant to your query. You can't communicate. We are the best, we are the absolute type.
Poorest customer service of tata sky..i have made complain thrice in last 10 days but no body visited once at my residence to correct the problem set box not working. This is the wrost experience i am facing in my life if we talking about Durables product services. I m nt able to watch ipl due this foolism even this problem i facing at state capital Jaipur rest remote to on the hand of god.
Manoj sharma
[protected]@gmail.com
    On Jun 13th I subscribed to star sports channel as an add-on. Even though the accounts are charged on a daily basis with subsciption...

I am a tata sky customer. My subscriber id is [protected]. I had informed tata sky that I may be travelling abroad and hence would like to dicontinue tata sky. They are however telling me that there is no option to cancel a tata sky service. Instead I can transfer it to someone and they will charge the new person the relocation charges
    Also Tata sky says they will keep debiting my account money till there is zero balance even if i have informed them that i dont want to use the service any further or disconnect my digicomp
    This i feel is unfair to customers as it is taking away their right to discontinue a serivice and get a refund on the excess amount paid

I was having Tatasky connection since October, 2006 at Baroda. We did not recharge it @ July08 because we were to go out for a year. I had confirmed with the dealer that I would be able to recharge in future at no extra cost. As I remember when we had purchased, there was nothing like differrent packages and when on 29th May 09, I went for recharging I was asked by the dealer what package I wanted and I opted for Family pack costing Rs. 200/-. (took Rs. 5/- to reconnect! Accepted that part.)It could not be started on that day and dealer kept on telling that server is down and so on.
      Because of some software that they introduced @ January, 09. They said Set-Top-Box will have to be changed for which they charged Rs. 350/- and all that took 2 days and only on 31st evening the service started.(Accepted that part also.) But now even this charging appears unfair.
      On 14th June I get the message that my payment is due in 3 days. I phoned up helpline and they say your original connection was Super Saver Pack so recharged in that scheme only and dealer can not change the plan. But it is their dealer who should know and tell me who and how would I would get the plan I want.
      When I insisted he gave me a phone number to complain, that is [protected], but nobody lifts it. I again went to helpline and kept me waiting for talking to the superior and then say they will call in 24 hours at any time as superior is busy talking to other customer. Why can't they immediately phone up once he/she finishes up with that customer?
      I am having another connection of Tatasky at Surat also and still on first day they tell me how we are to beleive that you had asked for which package and so on.
      Dear Sirs,

My ID No.[protected]
      my Reg mobile No.[protected]
      Sub: Difference in monthly charges.

I wish to complain against ur company for the descrimination of monthly charges and channels.

I happen to be in Bangalore last week at brothers place. I was surprised to see the so many extra channels compare to Maharashtra at Rs.200/- p.m. All marathi channels, extra news channels and other english channels are shown there whereas u charge extra here for south channels. Why this difference.

I will have no alternative, but to switch on to sun tv where all marathi as well as kannada channels are shown. Please look into the matter and add all channels which are shown in Bangalore to my exiting packages which is half yearly.

SHRIDHAR BAWALE
      VANDANA TOURS & TRAVELS

Lodged a complaint at 8:30am on 11th June 2009 about faulty equipment.It was told that by 2-3 hrs the issue would be addressed to.Service engineer reached within the time committed but having checked the equipment confirmed that the set top box will have to be replaced. Having requested for replacement by the day end service engineer declined and stated that it would be replaced in 2-3days time.Whereas if a new connection is sort for it would be installed in 2-3hrs.The problem still persists after making six phone calls to the customer care number - [protected].
        Subscription ID-[protected]
        I am tatasky dealer from last 5 years. But now I have so difficult to sale Tatasky because distributer and service center don’t help us and I can’t take help to your Tatasky partner helpline no-[protected] our regd.No-[protected] is not Regd. Please take a fast action to regd. My mobile No. that I can take service of your Tatasky partner helpline No. Neither I will think to change the company.
        Please help us to make good Tatasky dealer.
        Harpal Singh Stabiliser Gallery
        Dealer Code.142869 ID No-[protected]
        Mob-[protected], [protected]
        Office[protected]

Tata Sky — useless tata sky [Resolved]

we can't contact the costermer service at all whenever you call they play the same cassette,
          my subscrition ID...

DEAR SIR/MADAM:

IT IS TO BRING TO YOU NOTICE THAT TATA SKY IS OFFERING SRI VENKATESHWARA BHAKTI CHANNEL IN THEIR ACTIVE DARSHAN PACKAGE WHICH IS AN ADDITIONAL PACKAGE AND WHEREAS IT IS A FREE TO AIR CHANNEL AND IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE BASIC PACKAGE AS A FREE TO AIR CHANNEL. FURTHER THERE IS ONE MORE PROBLEM IN WATCHING THE CHANNEL IN ACTIVE DARSHAN MODE IN TATA SKY AND THAT IS WE CANNOT VIEW THE CHANNEL IN FULL SCREEN MODE. THIS CHANNEL IS MOSTLY IS WATCHED BY ELDERLY PEOPLE LIKE MY GRAND PARENTS, IT IS HIGHLY INCONVENIENT FOR THEM TO VIEW THIS CHANNEL IN HALF SCREEN MODE. HENCE WE (IN FACT ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS OF TATA SKY) WILL BE GRATEFUL TO YOU IF YOU ACT IN THIS DIRECTION AND MAKE SRI VENKATESHWARA BHAKTI CHANNEL AS AN INDEPENDENT CHANNEL TO TATA SKY SUBSCRIBERS.
          I booked tatasky on 7th November on mobile and they came to install it on 23rd November 2009. They told me a lot of cock and bull stories for the delay. They said 24 hours on the day of booking and that was the beginning of the cheating. I ADVISE ALL PEOPLE NEVER TO BUY TATASKY AT ANY COST. THE SVBC CHANNEL AND SUCH CHANNELS WHICH ARE FREE TO AIR ARE CHARGED BY TATASKY. AND THE SCREEN IS ABOUT HALF OF WHAT THE FULL SCREEN IS. WHAT IS THE SUPREME COURT AND THE OTHER CONSUMER PROTECTION ORGANIZATIONS DOING? WHY ARE THEY ALLOWING TATASKY TO EARN EXTRA MONEY ON FREE CHANNELS?
            I want to add star cricket package for 1 month than I want to remove so what is the removing procedure. Is there anyone who...

I bought a setup box in the month of Jan 24th 2009 from Bareilly (UP) of tata sky with a spacific note that the said connection is to be installed at my summer cottage at Nainital uttarkhand.the dealer after checking up from the regional office confirmed the the set be made funtional by their service deptt at nainital on 25th
            to my surprise no body turned up
            On repeted qurry with the dealer and the help line i was told that since area pin code is not provided the connection cant be installed
            I said no body asked for it otherwise i would have provided it but in any case my address is very significant my mobile & landline numbers are with youyou could have sent a man to install it
            reply was wait for a day
            on 26 some body ringup and say its a holiday
            I said fine I was on a vacation for 2 days on 27th I have to attand my workat bareilly this set is a wast for me
            On my return i sent back the set up box to the dealer from whome I bought it
            Any how I got more then 20 calls from different offices pacifing me and each assured me that the connection will be installed on my next visit to nainital
            I informed the service provider that i will now be their at nainital on 29th march on wards for a weekany how after a lot of haressment qurries verbal dules arguments the dam thing got funtional
            I was now given a fresh ID[protected]
            I again visited my cottage in Apr28th the dam thing was not working
            I registered a complaint reponse was complaint has been registered some body will attand to you next day
            Next day no body turns up
            30th they inform me the man who was to attand it is indispensible
            I said i am going back now when I will be back to this place I will be informing you
            I informed them on 7th may that I am there please send some body to attand it
            finally the man comes on 8th and after wasting my time says who has installed this at this place no signals are here I will have to reinstall it for this you will have to register a new complaint and deposite the fresh reins tallation charges
            I said it was installed by your men and it had been funtional after that for good 15 days now how is it possible that signalls are not comming now more over in case the signals are not comming at this place I have a copus as big as one acer you checkup wher the dam thing can be installed Any how now registering a new complaint and paying you reinstallation carges is out of qustion
            He said previously the signals might be comming but in a months time the trees have grown and leaves are there so nothing can be done for a place like this you should have bought some other DTH insted of this
            I went back to help line I was told it is no point talking to them first I should get the account recharged then only they will tell me what is wrong
            I thing that it is a curse to buy a TATA SKY

Yogesh Prasad
            Aug 13, 2020
            I think you should call and talk to those CC people. They will solve your problem. I am sure you will really enjoy watching Tata Sky at your summer cottage :)

I am a tata sky subscriber since the very first days it came in market.My Subscriber ID is [protected].I 'd like to say frankly that tata sky is not offering customers enough malayalam channels.
              And, tata sky is strictly based on marketing strategies.All the packages are high costly.The division of packages is not uniform.Sports channels are available only in add-on packages and not in any of the base packages. After buying this only, i understood the defects.
              ANY ONE WHO IS WILLING TO BUY TATA SKY, I REMIND THEM ABOUT THE HIGH CHARGES.

Tata Sky — non availability of malayalam channels

I myself Mr Vijayvalsalan not getting Malyalam channels as per promises given by Tata sky, only excuses are there but no action taken so far my ID no.[protected] if you can offer all other channel what is wrong with our Malyalam channels please let me know.

We have purchase Tata Sky on 15th March within 15 days the remote was not working which was replaced & now the digicomp is not working for the last 10 days we have complaints after complaints still we are not able to the digicomp we are spening lot of money on STD calls.

Our Subcriber no is : [protected]

Balaji S
                I think you should call the customer services. They shall resolve this issue for you. I have been using tatasky for a long time and never faced this issue. It is really unfortunate you had this problem.
                  I had taken Tata Sky (DTH) connection in Nov 08, on 14th Dec 08 (Sunday) I went to Tata Sky office - Bhandarkar Road Pune...
                  THE NAME "TATA" HAS A VERY GOOD "GOODWILL" IN THE MINDS OF OURS PERTICULARLY PEOPLR OF MAHARASHTRA.SOME...

i have request to tatasky officer to merge my to sub id in one & i have asked them for charges they revert me with on charges will apply to merging .
                  them after merging sub id they charge me 500rs as other charge after calling them they sayed that chagres will wived they have give me refuend request number also but longe follow-ups no response from them iam suffering from last weak every days they Promise your digicom will start at evening.
                  pl start my set up box of tata sky what is my folt for use tata sky services or pl call me urgently pinal shah [protected]
                  i many time give complaint but my comlaint not sole out so i humbly request to all do not purchase tata sky service when u purchase this dealer talking with u very finely but i[censored] have any complaint they do not sole and more phone charges bare u so pl pl pl pl pl pl do not purchase TATA SKY SERVICE
                    Please we request u to Show Qtv n Peace tv on Tatasky.Its Our humble request.We r dieing to see those chanels...

Tata Sky — digicomp [Resolved]

There is no lighls blinked in Tatasky digicomp....

SIR,
                    I HEREBY INFORM YOU THAT I AM A STRONG SUBSCRIBER
                    OF TATA SKY D.T.H. SERVICE, MY NAME IS TAPAN KR. BHATTACHARJEE,
                    MY SUBSCRIBER ID -- [protected]. I AM USING YOUR SERVICE APPROX. ONE
                    YEAR, YOUR SERVICE, PICTURE QUALITY AND SOUND QUALITY ARE VERY GOOD NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT. BUT I HAVE ANOTHER CONNECTION OF AIRTEL DIGITAL T.V. IN MY HOME, AIRTEL GIVES ME MUCH MORE CHANELS IN THE BASE PACK THAN YOU WHERE TATA SKY GIVES ME THOSE CHANNELS LIKE, - NDTV IMAGINE, UTV BINDAAS, ZOOM, COLORS,
                    UTV WORLD MOVIES, UTV MOVIES, 9X, UTV-I ETC. AS AN ANOTHER PACKAGE (RS.45/-).

IN ADDITION TO TATA SKY IS UNABLE TO BRODCASTING THE OTHER IMPORTANT CHANNELS LIKE, - ETC MUSIC, 24 GHONTA, ZEE SPORTS, B4U MUSIC, BUT AIRTEL GIVING ALL THIS CHANELS IN THE BASE
                    PACKAGE.

TATA SKY NOT SHOWING ANY FREE MOVIES IN THE SHOWCASE EVENT, THERE IS NO WORLD SPACE SATELITE RADIO STATION, NO INTERNET SURFING FACILITY, TATA SKY NOT SHOWING ANY ENGLISH CHANEL LIKE, - STAR MOVIES, H.B.O.ZEE CAF, PIX, AND OTHER IMPORTANT ENGLISH NEWS CHANELS IN THE FAMILY PACK (RS.215/-) BUT AIRTEL GIVES US ALL THIS ENGLISH CHANELS AND ENGLIGH NEWS CHANELS IN THE BASE PACK,

YOU HAVE MUCH MORE ADD ON PACKS THAT IS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE AND YOUR BASE PACK CHANELS IS VERY SHORT FIGURE.SO IN THIS COMPITITION MARKET WHO WILL GIVE THE BEST SERVICE & PERFORMANCE BY EARNING MINIMUM PROFIT HE WILL BE THE ULTIMATE GAINER.

IN THE ANOTHER WAY YOU KNOW THAT PICTURE QUALITY AND SOUND QUALITY ARE VERY GOOD IN TATA SKY, BUT WE ARE NOT GETING ANY ACCOUNT INFORMATION REGULARLY & PROPERLY, AT THE SAME TIME AIRTEL GIVING REGULAR A/C UPDATE AND THEY ARE PROVIDING MPEG 4 TECHNOLOGY PICTURE(LATEST) AND DIGITAL SOUND AND SOME REGULAR OTHER UPDATES LIKE, - TICKET BOOKING, WEATHER UPDATE, NEWS UPDATE, SPORTS UPDATE, WORLD FAMOUS CITY TIME UPDATE, TRAFFIC UPDATE, HOTEL BOOKING INFORMATION ETC THROUGH (WIDGETS & AIRTEL LIVE SWITCH).

EXAMPLE - AIRTEL DIGITAL TV SPORTS PACKAGE RS 90.(TEN SPORTS, ZEE SPORTS, ESPN, STAR SPORTS, STAR CRICKET, NEO SPORTS AND CRICKET) TOTAL 7 CHANNELS

TATA SKY - SPORTS PACKAGE RS 125.(TEN SPORTS, ESPN, STAR SPORTS, STAR CRICKET, NEO SPORTS AND CRICKET) TOTAL 6 CHANNELS.. WHY SIR? PLZ DO SOMETHING

LAST OF ALL WE ARE CLEAR ABOUT THAT AIRTEL IS BEST THAN TATA SKY, BUT TATA SKY IS ALSO VERY GOOD IN PROFIT MARGIN, AND I THINK TATA SKY WILL BE LOST IN FEW YEAR IF THEY GIVE THIS TYPE OF SERVICES. MY REQUEST TO YOU, PLEASE TAKE ANY STEP IN THIS DESCRIBED MATTER,
                    THANKING YOU,
                    Tapan kr.Bhattacharjee.
                    sir i am subscribe of tata sky last 4 years i inform all the people who are costmer of tata sky my id no.[protected] i pay Rs. 410 per month but i am not watching my channals like b4u music b4u movies etc music india and yo music
                      DEAR ALL,

THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU TATA SKY OWNERS & THE TATA SKY CUSTOMER REDRESS DESK.

It...

I am a Tata Sky subscriber. I had done on line recharge for Rs 300/- on 13th April 2009 through net banking of my bank. My bank has generated transaction id for this transaction, which I have communicated to Tata Sky
                      Even though the said amount was debited from my bank account, till date (14/05/2009) this amount is neither credited to my Tata Sky account not refunded to my bank account. In spite of repeated complaints ( i started complaining since 13 April 2009) over web and also by telephone, Tata Sky does not care about this complaint. Their usual reply is that this issue will be resolved in 48/96 hours. It is more than a month now there is no solution for this complaint.It is not the amount that is important, I feel doing business in the name of Tata, such type of behaviour is not expected from them.

Tata Sky — recharge not done but credited from account.

i hav done a recharge of rs 200 frm authorised shop o[censored]r brand..
                      amt has been deducted frm his acct. to but i havnt recvd any paid news frm tata sky and my paid channels r not cmg..
                      pls see into the matter or else i hav to seek law and order to get me justice
                      soon reply is expected...
                      I had recharged my Tata Sky Account No.:[protected] on 10th Nov'12. But till date the amount has not been credited to my Tata Sky Account.
                      I had mailed the Help-desk of Tata Sky regarding along with screen shot of debit from my Bank Account(SBI) but no reply has been received even after 5 days.
                      I tried online chat with their representatives but they said it will credited within 48 hrs. But till date i.e. 15th Nov'12 it has not been done.
                      They are unable to tell when it will be credited to the Account or if the payment will be returned to my Bank Account.
                      My TV viewing has also been stopped today in-spite of making payment on 10th

Varun R Nair
                      Yes. Tata Sky people are not only committing frauds and duping their customers but are also very lethargic in attending to complaints except when they are shown money. I have also been duped by them but do not know how to deal with such deaf people.

Sir/Madam,
                        My Id number is[protected]. I have shifted my house on 26th of April 2009 with in the city Gurgaon, Haryana. I made a request to reinstall at new location on 27th of April 2009. Two service engineers came to the new location and told me that the dish is to be installed at roof top and a hole is to be made for bringing the wire and also told that another team will come on the next day and do the need ful. But, nobody turned up. After two days Sri Chandan Singh of tatasky called me and conveyed that I should take the permission of my society (Unitech). Immediately I took the permission and the same was conveyed to customer care Tata sky, Delhi. Every day I contact the Customer Care telling them all the story and as usual they told me that the concerned engineer will call with in 3-4 Hrs to confirm the installation timing and gave the work order numbers.
                        Yet nobody from Tatasky called upon us till today. Yesterday( 8th May 2009), I spoke to Sri Kunal, Sr. Executive of Customer Care and he assured that the installation will be done with in 24Hrs. More than 19 Hrs elapsed but no call from anybody from Tatasky. This has caused wasting of valuable time and money and denied us the entertainment etc. for which the Tatasky was installed.
                        I hope that justice will be done immediately in my case.
                        With Regards